Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Like I've said earlier, this is the end. Either the USA dies or the dems(and rinos) are thrown out.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

LOL

“If these governors won’t help us beat the pandemic, I’ll use my power as president to get them out of the way” https://t.co/c77VpQEcpC

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2021, 05:38 PM by Lucky2Last.)

(09-09-2021, 04:13 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 07:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What is the name of the hospital? What city?

A friend of mine works at Vanderbilt in Nashville.  Their patient count has skyrocketed in the last two months and almost all of the new cases are unvaccinated.  Many of them are younger people, 20's and up.

What does many mean? Shouldn't we be able to look at the numbers? Why doesn't it bother anyone that we can't look at the numbers anymore? These people are either corrupt or super incompetent. Maybe both.

(09-09-2021, 04:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Biden trying to mandate all businesses with more than 100 employees required vaccination.

Good luck with that one tyrant

They don't care about the law. The know this will get overturned. By the time it does, though, they will have gotten many more people vaccinated. Democrats are the worst, man.

(09-09-2021, 04:13 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 07:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What is the name of the hospital? What city?

A friend of mine works at Vanderbilt in Nashville.  Their patient count has skyrocketed in the last two months and almost all of the new cases are unvaccinated.  Many of them are younger people, 20's and up.

There's been some anecdotal reports along these lines. Would like to see some actual data but certain politicians are doing their level best to obfuscate.

(09-09-2021, 04:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Biden trying to mandate all businesses with more than 100 employees required vaccination.

Good luck with that one tyrant

Doubt it will last long in a court challenge. People should be smart enough to get the vaccine for themselves but you can't instill intelligence with an executive order.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-09-2021, 04:24 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 10:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Mandatory vaccination for Federal employees to be announced with proof of testing not being an option.

Yeah, I saw this. I work for the federal government and I know that there are at least some federal employees that will not be happy about this. I do wonder how many of them may actually quit their jobs over it. There are some decent paying federal jobs out there and they have excellent benefits including retirement and generous leave. And many of them are permanent jobs that people can have for as long as they want. 

I know federal employees that have missed months of work due to things like surgeries & had enough paid leave to cover it. There were also several people at my job who were out for like a year due to being high risk for COVID and the government paid them their full pay for that year. Plus, I think they still were able to accumulate sick/vacation time during that time period. I don't know how easy it will be for people to walk away from those types of benefits. If there is some sort of exodus due to this mandate, other people who are vaccinated can keep their resumes ready so they can get these vacated jobs.

I'm not a federal government employee, I am a contractor.  Our benefits are almost as good, but not as good as a government position.  In fact, I was offered and turned down a government position because I would have taken a significant pay cut, but the benefits were so much better.

I know of one employee for me that is un-vaccinated and refuses to take it.  He has had and gotten over COVID and believes that he has immunity.  He has said in the past that if the vaccine was a requirement he would be looking for another job.

I respect his feelings and would hate to see him go.  To me it's a stupid decision based on what we get paid and what we do.  There aren't many companies here in Jacksonville that will pay a new hire at or near 6 figures.  The other thing is, how many companies are going to require new hired employees to be vaccinated?

For the record, I am against any kind of vaccine mandate and at the same time I think that people that refuse it are foolish.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm old enough to remember when Joe Biden said he didn't trust the vaccine.

(09-09-2021, 05:36 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 04:13 PM)Sneakers Wrote: A friend of mine works at Vanderbilt in Nashville.  Their patient count has skyrocketed in the last two months and almost all of the new cases are unvaccinated.  Many of them are younger people, 20's and up.

What does many mean? Shouldn't we be able to look at the numbers? Why doesn't it bother anyone that we can't look at the numbers anymore? These people are either corrupt or super incompetent. Maybe both.

You realize this was from a conversation with a friend right?  I wasn't gathering statistics for publication, just speaking with a knowledgeable source about a subject that interests me. 

Yes, it annoys me that more information is not readily available to the public.  It also bothers me that "information" invariably comes with a political spin.

She did say that younger people (20's) on vents is not uncommon now, whereas a year ago it was extremely unusual.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-09-2021, 06:20 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 04:13 PM)Sneakers Wrote: A friend of mine works at Vanderbilt in Nashville.  Their patient count has skyrocketed in the last two months and almost all of the new cases are unvaccinated.  Many of them are younger people, 20's and up.

There's been some anecdotal reports along these lines. Would like to see some actual data but certain politicians are doing their level best to obfuscate.

The main difference here is we're hearing these things from people we know personally, not some schmuck on the TV..

My buddy's daughter has absolutely no reason to lie/make stuff up to him and he has no reason to lie to me about that stuff. Some people may refuse to believe it because they've dug their heels into the ground, but these things are happening 100%.

Biden is making this a walk off home run for the GOP in 2022 and Trump or DeSantis in 2024. This guy is a total embarrassment.

(09-09-2021, 06:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm old enough to remember when Joe Biden said he didn't trust the vaccine.

The exact reason why I trust nobody in this administration, what they say or what we should do.. It's ALL political, and if you think otherwise, you're the fool..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2021, 07:21 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

NEWS: White House official tells me USPS workers are NOT included in President Biden’s vaccine requirement, but “we strongly encourage them to comply with these standards.”

That’s a massive chunk of the federal workforce — 644k & growing — that’s not required to be vaccinated.

Gotta have full workforce for cheat by mail voting.....

Can you see what is going on yet?

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2021, 07:21 PM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-09-2021, 06:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 04:24 PM)mal234 Wrote: Yeah, I saw this. I work for the federal government and I know that there are at least some federal employees that will not be happy about this. I do wonder how many of them may actually quit their jobs over it. There are some decent paying federal jobs out there and they have excellent benefits including retirement and generous leave. And many of them are permanent jobs that people can have for as long as they want. 

I know federal employees that have missed months of work due to things like surgeries & had enough paid leave to cover it. There were also several people at my job who were out for like a year due to being high risk for COVID and the government paid them their full pay for that year. Plus, I think they still were able to accumulate sick/vacation time during that time period. I don't know how easy it will be for people to walk away from those types of benefits. If there is some sort of exodus due to this mandate, other people who are vaccinated can keep their resumes ready so they can get these vacated jobs.

I'm not a federal government employee, I am a contractor.  Our benefits are almost as good, but not as good as a government position.  In fact, I was offered and turned down a government position because I would have taken a significant pay cut, but the benefits were so much better.

I know of one employee for me that is un-vaccinated and refuses to take it.  He has had and gotten over COVID and believes that he has immunity.  He has said in the past that if the vaccine was a requirement he would be looking for another job.

I respect his feelings and would hate to see him go.  To me it's a stupid decision based on what we get paid and what we do.  There aren't many companies here in Jacksonville that will pay a new hire at or near 6 figures.  The other thing is, how many companies are going to require new hired employees to be vaccinated?

For the record, I am against any kind of vaccine mandate and at the same time I think that people that refuse it are foolish.

So, we should ignore our Doctors that tell us that since we have had COVID, that we are immune and NOT to get the vaccine?

Biden doesn't even realize what he is saying. He is a freaking blabbering incoherent parrot puppet cawing his handlers commands. They can take that mandate and shove it. Besides, I am self employed and work from home. Good luck Nazi's getting me or my family to take that poison
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-09-2021, 06:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm old enough to remember when Joe Biden said he didn't trust the vaccine.

I'm old enough to remember when Donald Trump said Covid-19 was a hoax perpetrated by the Democrats. These guys are both looney.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-09-2021, 07:07 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 05:36 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What does many mean? Shouldn't we be able to look at the numbers? Why doesn't it bother anyone that we can't look at the numbers anymore? These people are either corrupt or super incompetent. Maybe both.

You realize this was from a conversation with a friend right?  I wasn't gathering statistics for publication, just speaking with a knowledgeable source about a subject that interests me. 

Yes, it annoys me that more information is not readily available to the public.  It also bothers me that "information" invariably comes with a political spin.

She did say that younger people (20's) on vents is not uncommon now, whereas a year ago it was extremely unusual.

Yeah, I get it. I'm not attacking you. I'm just pointing out that it's hard to take these pieces of information seriously, because there's no data behind it. I am willing to change my mind if certain facts line up. I do it all the time. However, I get annoyed, and it only cements my bias when I can't measure it against something.

Harris gives a speech today about how women have the right to control everything with their body on the same day Bidn "mandates" everyone get vaccinated.

(09-09-2021, 09:03 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Harris gives a speech today about how women have the right to control everything with their body on the same day Bidn "mandates" everyone get vaccinated.

Makes me wanna puke

Went to the hospital recently in what the CDC considers a "high risk state" for an out-patient surgery. The place was a ghost town. Anyone who tells you that "all hospitals are filling up" are full of it. The only thing that might be filling up is the 10% of ICU beds they allocated within the whole hospital to COVID, and that's because they can only allocate that percentage because all the nurses are quitting. Regardless, now my livelihood is being threatened by the federal government because I won't get the vaccine for a disease that has a .02% chance of killing me. Whether you are pro-vaccine or not, thinking that the federal government has any right to disrupt millions of American's lives and the entire US economy over a "pandemic" that kills 0.00000416666% of the US population per day is absolutely ludicrous. You are also completely, utterly deluding yourself if you think that by vaccinating you will ever see this country return to "normal."

Normal is gone, and any future this country might have had with regards to privacy, personal freedom, and civil liberty is dead. Joe Biden and the Democrats aren't like Cincinnatus of Rome, not even close.

Like was said at the World Economic Forum some years back, "You will own nothing, you will have no privacy, and you will be happy." Or else.

[Image: 51-DE8-D7-A-2-A72-478-B-B381-40-E67-E1-F8-A11.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-09-2021, 09:31 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 51-DE8-D7-A-2-A72-478-B-B381-40-E67-E1-F8-A11.jpg]

Don't know which to feed a carrot or which to put down..

(09-09-2021, 09:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 09:31 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 51-DE8-D7-A-2-A72-478-B-B381-40-E67-E1-F8-A11.jpg]

Don't know which to feed a carrot or which to put down..

The crazy eyes are a big clue!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???