Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Added to my "fleet" of tractors today.  Bought a 2006 model John Deere 2210 sub-compact tractor with a 60" belly mower.  I can put the wife on there with a cooler of beer and her headphones and let her mow the "back lawn" while I have a bit of "me time".

For the record, my "back lawn" is around 7 or 8 acres.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-09-2021, 03:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 03:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote: When I was on vacation in PA last week I ate 3/4 of a large pizza and lost count of how many $2 Yuengling pints that I drank.  They happened to be on special that night.  

I thought I may lose my stomach contents before we left the bar/restaurant waiting for our wives to come back with the car.

I wasn't feeling very chipper the next morning when I played golf.

Just gotta eat the other 1/4 of pizza and about 4 more pints. Right as rain!
A bit of the hair of the dog that bit ya!!

(09-09-2021, 06:52 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Added to my "fleet" of tractors today.  Bought a 2006 model John Deere 2210 sub-compact tractor with a 60" belly mower.  I can put the wife on there with a cooler of beer and her headphones and let her mow the "back lawn" while I have a bit of "me time".

That's a lawn mower man  Laughing

(09-10-2021, 12:33 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 06:52 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Added to my "fleet" of tractors today.  Bought a 2006 model John Deere 2210 sub-compact tractor with a 60" belly mower.  I can put the wife on there with a cooler of beer and her headphones and let her mow the "back lawn" while I have a bit of "me time".

That's a lawn mower man  Laughing

LOL.  Pretty much, though I do have a few 3 point implements that she can also use in the garden.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

When my Grandfather was still alive, I used to take care of his property. He had a house on a 5 acre lot out in the country. About 3 1/2 acres were left untouched on the back of the lot. Man would that grass grow... I used a John Deere 1010 Tractor with a bush hog on the back to keep it somewhat tame. The rest of the lot in front of the house, well, it was well kept grass that I used a International Cub Cadet on. Let me tell you, it was a hot job n the summer time.... and the insect I would stir up in the back lot, well, what didn't hit me in the face, I had the birds circling looking for a free lunch.... LOL
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(09-10-2021, 10:22 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 12:33 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: That's a lawn mower man  Laughing

LOL.  Pretty much, though I do have a few 3 point implements that she can also use in the garden.

I'd kill for a nice 30-40hp with a loader. Maybe after this season.

(09-10-2021, 01:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 10:22 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  Pretty much, though I do have a few 3 point implements that she can also use in the garden.

I'd kill for a nice 30-40hp with a loader. Maybe after this season.

I have two of them now, the other being a John Deere 1025R with a backhoe.  It's just a bit under 30hp at 25hp but it does what I need it to do.  These little machines are great for general maintenance of a property.  With the 2210 I can use the 3 point hitch and not take the backhoe off of the 1025R.  The wife can mow the grass, till and rake the garden, empty animal pens, etc. with the 2210.

For the larger fields I have an old Ford 3600 that does the job as well as another John Deere 4052 (minus a loader).  I also have an older Bobcat loader (S-185) with a grapple and a grading bucket.  These tools do what I need them to do and I enjoy operating every single one of them.

One day I will step up to a cab tractor with A/C.  Cool

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2021, 08:35 PM by Jags.)

I’ve been poked, stabbed, bit, stung and slashed. I’ve rolled an ankle, given myself a concussion on a tree limb and re-broke a hand. I’ve been put down, been down, broke down and spun around. But after 15 years, I’ve sustained a new Injury the job. This truly has been a year of firsts. A year I will not miss. Today I’m mowing lawn in my hood. It’s a large lawn. .66 acres. (1of 34 we had). I finally filigreed out this yard grew over the years. It’s a fairly new lawn. Many cypress knees along the back fence. No problem. Lift deck upon mowing over the high ones. Once I make my four 52” passes that evade me and my mower of harm, I go at it. My mower tops out at 10mph. This lawn im probably going around 7mph with how smooth his lawn is. Then BOOM! I find out the fence used to be about 30-40 feet inside where it stands now. There’s a row of 4x4 posts that have been sawed off near ground level. I didn’t see it. Wasn’t a prepared for it. I’m chugging along and the mower stops. It hit a cut down post. I didn’t stop. Had I gone full speed I probably would’ve been thrown over the mower. Instead, I’m thrown in the air prior to my mower’s position. My stomach lands squarely on the bars surrounding my sticks. My hands somehow still on the sticks telling mower to go forward, while im now bent in half over my mower I tell myself to release my hands to kill the mowe before I get further injured. Holy [BLEEP]. Not fun. We had about 12 more after that. My stomach felt every dam bump in every lawn afterwards. Still hurts.

I keep going over it. Could I have prevented it. But having been on this lawn about 12 times, I’ve never seen these sawed off posts. The cypress knees where shown before we ever started. So I keep telling myself I couldn’t have known. Wouldn’t have done any different. But if someone saw what happened, I would’ve looked like a newbie.

(09-10-2021, 06:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 01:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I'd kill for a nice 30-40hp with a loader. Maybe after this season.

I have two of them now, the other being a John Deere 1025R with a backhoe.  It's just a bit under 30hp at 25hp but it does what I need it to do.  These little machines are great for general maintenance of a property.  With the 2210 I can use the 3 point hitch and not take the backhoe off of the 1025R.  The wife can mow the grass, till and rake the garden, empty animal pens, etc. with the 2210.

For the larger fields I have an old Ford 3600 that does the job as well as another John Deere 4052 (minus a loader).  I also have an older Bobcat loader (S-185) with a grapple and a grading bucket.  These tools do what I need them to do and I enjoy operating every single one of them.

One day I will step up to a cab tractor with A/C.  Cool

Lol you have more machinery than I do.

Frustrated! I hire a guy for a job and pay him top dollar, he’s doing a good job but now 6 months in he comes to me and says I need to pay him more. He wants 15-20k annual increase, I asked him why? He says because I’ve done such a good a job! Well yeah that’s what I hired you to do? That’s what I told you I was going to pay you for, to do this job. Now you won’t shut up about increasing your pay 15-20% since you’ve proven you can do the job. if I didn’t think you could do the job, why would I hire you in the first place?

I hate people that take a job and then think they can come renegotiate salaries after they start. No [BLEEP] if I could pay 25% more I’d have offered that on the job listing.

And I’ve got some stupid raccoon ripping heads off my chickens at night, probably spending tonight camped outside to catch the bastard
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2021, 12:35 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Dr. Pepper Fanville commercials are an absolute hoot.

Brian Bosworth: "College athletes can be in commercials now? Well, I want to be in a commercial." Hilarious.

I'm absolutely in love with the cheerleader.

Good afternoon (morning for most of you)!

It’s been a long time since I posted in here.. I’ve been busy studying for my career progression and family life.. we have a 14 month old.. oh and we bought our first home back in December!

I hope you’re all well and I’m hoping to be more actively involved in the forum from now onwards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(09-12-2021, 07:40 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Good afternoon (morning for most of you)!

It’s been a long time since I posted in here.. I’ve been busy studying for my career progression and family life.. we have a 14 month old.. oh and we bought our first home back in December!

I hope you’re all well and I’m hoping to be more actively involved in the forum from now onwards! 

Darlo! Welcome back dude.

Congrats on all the personal news.

(09-12-2021, 07:40 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Good afternoon (morning for most of you)!

Darlo! Congrats, we were fearful Covid got you!

Thanks guys… haha no, amazingly I haven’t had COVID at all.. bearing in mind I’m an EMT!!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Welcome back, Darlo. Sounds like you have your hands full. Good to have you back.

Welcome back! I’m glad to hear you are doing well!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Congrats 2210 nice little guy for mowing and moving small stuff around I think you can even get a box blade on the back which is nice for grading dirt roads. 

I’m trying to get a Kuboto or Deere 30hp soon I have to root rake this 2-3 acres of pal meadows had them mulched down in February and the devils are already sprouting back
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

There’s a new girl doing traffic announcements on radio station WOKV. I can’t understand her name, but it sounds like she’s saying Shakara Fontenogger. Talk about a name made for television.

(09-13-2021, 02:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: There’s a new girl doing traffic announcements on radio station WOKV. I can’t understand her name, but it sounds like she’s saying Shakara Fontenogger. Talk about a name made for television.

I thought it sounded like her last name was Fartknocker! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???