Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Got out coached today...

Going to be a long plane ride home.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2021, 04:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 04:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You assume he's open to change.

It's not like he has a choice. Continuing on the same path will not only conflict with his desire to succeed, but will get him fired, which I think would be worse than death to someone like him.

I know best so I must do more. That's the ego of a personality like Urban Meyer.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Doesn't help that we wasted a first round pick on ETN.

(09-12-2021, 04:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 04:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's not like he has a choice. Continuing on the same path will not only conflict with his desire to succeed, but will get him fired, which I think would be worse than death to someone like him.

I know best so I must do more. That's the ego of a personality like Urban Meyer.

We'll see, but I don't think that will be the case. People like Meyer don't get to be that successful without being receptive to differences.

As I've stated in the game day thread, this was our worst game. We will improve with every game.

(09-12-2021, 04:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just don't see Meyer lasting passed this season. He's not used to losing at all. I bet he walks away after the season, if not before.

I agree.  I think he'll start to fracture when we are 0 - 8 / 1 - 7 and deteriorate from there. 

There will be a locker room incident and we'll have a "The Jags and Meyer have mutually agreed to part ways"

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2021, 05:09 PM by Mandeezee.)

(09-12-2021, 05:02 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Doesn't help that we wasted a first round pick on ETN.

It looks like a good pick to me, he's just hurt.

Hate to be the villain, but as I said, Robinson is nothing special. He has nice wiggle, but for only a few yards. The run game was no threat. I think he's what Urban saw him as, a good 2 back in a 1/2 punch.

On the bright side...I think we lost one we should've won, and we'll win one we should lose. Such is the NFL for mediocre teams.

(09-12-2021, 05:07 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 05:02 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Doesn't help that we wasted a first round pick on ETN.

Hate to be the villain, but as I said, Robinson is nothing special. He has nice wiggle, but for only a few yards. The run game was no threat. I think he's what Urban saw him as, a good 2 back in a 1/2 punch.

On the bright side...I think we lost one we should've won, and we'll win one we should lose. Such is the NFL for mediocre teams.

Robinson had a grand total of 5 carries... LOL

Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, reinforces your view.

what the hell are you smoking?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-12-2021, 05:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 05:07 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: It looks like a good pick to me, he's just hurt.

Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, reinforces your view.

What's his longest rush, and how many rushes over 20 yards, I believe is the answer.

Robinson should be running more; there is no reason Trevor should be attempting 51 passes in his first career start

(09-12-2021, 05:09 PM)NYC4jag Wrote: https://twitter.com/miaobrientv/status/1...81476?s=21

I agree ^

How last years dominant scorer can be ignored certainly is a head scratcher.   Huh
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We could have been in first today but instead the texans are

(09-12-2021, 05:16 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 05:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, reinforces your view.

What's his longest rush, and how many rushes over 20 yards, I believe is the answer.

What the hell are you talking about? Since when did that become a measurable for running backs?

(09-12-2021, 05:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 05:16 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: What's his longest rush, and how many rushes over 20 yards, I believe is the answer.

What the hell are you talking about? Since when did that become a measurable for running backs?

5.0 YPC is a gold standard and both backs were right at this number today. Too bad they only got 14 carries between them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-12-2021, 05:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/miaobrientv/status/1...81476?s=21

I agree ^

Made even more egregious when compared to Hyde's carry-total (even before factoring in the last drive). Just an absolute head-scratching gameplan.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

(09-12-2021, 05:16 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: What's his longest rush, and how many rushes over 20 yards, I believe is the answer.

Apparently not only has Urban not watched any of the previous Robinson games but you missed then as well. Hey he was selected as a top player in the off season but now he is just an *OR*
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-12-2021, 05:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 05:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What the hell are you talking about? Since when did that become a measurable for running backs?

5.0 YPC is a gold standard and both backs were right at this number today. Too bad they only got 14 carries between them.

I believe Jim brown and Barry sanders are the only two backs to average 5 for a career. Gold standard is 4.0 lol.

But your point remains. We ran well when we did run.

No...what the hell are you NOT talking about...

In the 21st century its not about 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Though giving Robinson credit he is more like 4-8 yards. Which is great...but you need a back that pretty regularly pops out for 20, 30, 40 yards.

You know a Fred Taylor type. The reason Urban drafted Etienne.

Especially against zone defense.