Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Got out coached today...

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2021, 04:30 PM by Mandeezee.)

Team wasn't ready, came out nervous, had no fire. Didn't look as though they game planned for the Texans. Did Trevor no favors by not running the ball. Team was undisciplined.

And just as I feared...tyrod Taylor is basically DeShawn Watson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2021, 04:27 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Team wasn't ready, came out nervous, had no fire. Didn't look as though they game planned for the Texans. Did Trevor no favors by not running the ball. Team was undisciplined.

Defense was horrible. 

Offense was unprepared. Even accounting for some strange holding calls they had to take a TO and Lawrence had some questionable throws. Then his 3 picks are not exactly great. I still wonder why playcalling wasn't adjusted to help him?

They did Trevor no favors. That was a horrible game plan.

And this all means that Meyer will micromanage the whole process even more next week.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-12-2021, 04:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And this all means that Meyer will micromanage the whole process even more next week.

Honestly, I wonder how hands on he has been. I know he was giving his coaches a lot of input since he is new to the NFL. It will be interesting to see how we look next week.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-12-2021, 04:37 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 04:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And this all means that Meyer will micromanage the whole process even more next week.

Honestly, I wonder how hands on he has been. I know he was giving his coaches a lot of input since he is new to the NFL. It will be interesting to see how we look next week.

According to reports he's already rubbing them the wrong way by being too involved.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Meyer looked absolutely lost... Every time they showed him he was just pacing back and forth looking at the ground.

coaches: coach should we watch texans tape and prepare for the game

Urbs: naw we got Tlaw we should be good

Outcoached and Out-talented by probably one of the bottom 5 teams in the league this year.

We bad

(09-12-2021, 04:39 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: coaches: coach should we watch texans tape and prepare for the game

Urbs: naw we got Tlaw we should be good

Damn, I didn't know Meyer was Jagfanatic24 lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I just don't see Meyer lasting passed this season. He's not used to losing at all. I bet he walks away after the season, if not before.

Houston was the aggressor and they came away with the win. Sixteen game losing streak. Team looked tentative and unprepared.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

I expected some competence and an okay game. But yikes this roster is lacking. We have a smattering of players that would make it on other teams rosters.

I don't know how you coach up this heap pile. This is a 1-15 team that didn't address very much in the off season. I mean TLaw pick was exciting but what happened after that?

This is the same franchise that bought you TE Tebow circus. What do you think was going to happen? Did you think there was going to be some miracle game plan or spark?

Honestly I though Texans would have been trash enough for us to look competitive. This franchise is stuck bad.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I say he won't. Love or hate Meyer, he's a smart guy. Micromanaging got him results in the college ranks. Obviously it won't in the NFL. He'll figure it out.

Handily out coached

(09-12-2021, 04:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I say he won't. Love or hate Meyer, he's a smart guy. Micromanaging got him results in the college ranks. Obviously it won't in the NFL. He'll figure it out.

You assume he's open to change.

(09-12-2021, 04:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 04:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I say he won't. Love or hate Meyer, he's a smart guy. Micromanaging got him results in the college ranks. Obviously it won't in the NFL. He'll figure it out.

You assume he's open to change.

It's not like he has a choice. Continuing on the same path will not only conflict with his desire to succeed, but will get him fired, which I think would be worse than death to someone like him.

Good that Tebow didn’t have to be part of this dumpster fire

Don't underestimate that the Texans aren't as bad as we were hoping either. Tyrod Taylor did a good job of emulating Deshaun Watson. I wanted us to pick him up before he went to the Chargers. He's the same type player, a 6 ftish elusive hard to bring down qb who caught bad breaks in Buffalo and San Diego.

With the Lovie defense, they don't need superstars, just disciplined players. And they sparred us with the run game they're going to have. They have 3 starting caliber backs.

And for the love of God GET WINGARD OUTTA THERE!!!

The unforced errors with clock Mgmt, pre snap issues, formation and false start penalties, secondary and LB corps looking frantic and lost pre-snap on dozens of plays…

All this points to coaching. Not that it’s all on coaching, but those issues typically do indicate a lack of preparation that has to be partly blamed on the staff.