Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Got out coached today...

What's going to be hilarious is the over-correction next Sunday.

2 runs followed by a 3rd and 8 incompletion on the first drive.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-13-2021, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: What's going to be hilarious is the over-correction next Sunday.

2 runs followed by a 3rd and 8 incompletion on the first drive.

Will it be Hyde *OR* Robinson?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Just a side note. Robinson averaged 5.0 ypc in his limited action. The running game was effective. Meyer just panicked, because he isn't used to getting blown out early, so he started passing on every play. He better get used to it though, because with the lack of a pass rush and a really bad looking secondary, we're gonna be behind a lot this year. He better come up with some adjustments on offense. If he has a rookie QB forced to throw 50 times a game, Lawrence will set a record for most interceptions in a season and it won't really be his fault.

(09-13-2021, 08:58 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:40 AM)JeepJag Wrote: Good lord. This is almost comical to read. Let’s give them at least a few weeks to figure it out before calling for tying stones to their legs and tossing them in the river. 6 wins would’ve been a good season with this roster, if we see growth from Lawrence and Meyer. If it looks this bad 3-4 weeks from now, then it’s a much larger problem. Let’s just see what happens?

Thing is we have a whole off season of head scratching decisions. And in each case we have some chicken little responses and other people saying wait for this wait for that.

Hey we would have to over pay for the big free agents, he likes the oline and he can work with it

Hey the draft didn't go like you wanted but they got these jars on the shelf guys coming off injury that would have graded higher otherwise

Hey Meyer let the Front Office sign Tebow let's see how it shakes out

Hey a QB competition is good because Lawrence can learn and be challenged don't worry about the snaps and working with the 1st stringers there is time

Hey it is just preseason and vanilla game plans, do you really want them tipping their hand

Hey it is just week 1 and sure the other teams coaching staff exposed our coaches but there is time to fix things

Bad patterns and trends are bad until change occurs. I don't expect miracles but it would be nice if....

We used James Robinson more
Lined up correctly 
Saw game plan adjustments 
Executed plays without formation and procedural errors

Basics, all we want to see is this team be good at the basics. That would be enough for now. Instead we get middle school level execution.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-13-2021, 09:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Just a side note. Robinson averaged 5.0 ypc in his limited action. The running game was effective. Meyer just panicked, because he isn't used to getting blown out early, so he started passing on every play. He better get used to it though, because with the lack of a pass rush and a really bad looking secondary, we're gonna be behind a lot this year. He better come up with some adjustments on offense. If he has a rookie QB forced to throw 50 times a game, Lawrence will set a record for most interceptions in a season and it won't really be his fault.
How do we know it was him? Bevell had the same issues not running the ball enough previously. He also like to go away from what is working in the 1st quarter.

Meyer likes running the ball, that didn't look like he forced the gameplan or playcalling. If nothing changes next week, then maybe he did but I didn't see it.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Agree on the basics. It would be nice to see. I don't expect wins but I do expect to see the impacts of positive coaching. There was a heck of a game played in Jacksonville yesterday while we were in Houston.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I can't remember ever seeing three illegal formations in one quarter of Football.. it may have been a quarter and a half.

It's still pathetic.

Urban Meyer is in over his head and it was painfully obvious.

I wasn't crazy about the hire, but I have been among the crowd saying give him a chance. I still think he needs some time to build the right culture but it's hard to get past how poorly prepared the team looked. I do think the tinhorns may be better than people are giving them credit for. But there's no denying our defense has to play a lot better if we're going to get any wins this year. Wow.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Vic says:

Lane from Winter Garden, FL
I thought you were being a bit dramatic by putting the Jags at 32 on your all-important power rankings but, alas, you were correct. I’m not sure Jacksonville wins a game this year.

Don't worry about that. Their record is meaningless other than for how it pertains to the draft order. Focus on Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence. Do they have what it takes to lead the Jaguars from their depths? Chuck Noll was 1-13 as a rookie coach, but everyone knew he was the right guy for the job. Bill Walsh was 2-14 and Jimmy Johnson was 1-15, but everyone knew they were right guys for the job. Those coaches' young quarterbacks were Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana and Troy Aikman.

Ask Vic - Blog

(09-13-2021, 09:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Vic says:

I thought you were being a bit dramatic by putting the Jags at 32 on your all-important power rankings but, alas, you were correct. I’m not sure Jacksonville wins a game this year.

Don't worry about that. Their record is meaningless other than for how it pertains to the draft order. Focus on Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence. Do they have what it takes to lead the Jaguars from their depths? Chuck Noll was 1-13 as a rookie coach, but everyone knew he was the right guy for the job. Bill Walsh was 2-14 and Jimmy Johnson was 1-15, but everyone knew they were right guys for the job. Those coaches' young quarterbacks were Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana and Troy Aikman.

Ask Vic - Blog

I can't remember thinking at any point with those coaches.... "Does this guy understand the NFL's rules? Or is he just an arrogant ego maniac that truly believes he can do no wrong?" His body language was awful yesterday.. he looked like a dejected teenager that just got turned down by the last resort.. the fat girl in A/V club. Not even the hot cheerleader.

Posted this elsewhere but, worth posting here :

I’ve lost so much faith in this staff.

* kept Wingard over Wilson and actually , gulp, started the guy
* “we like our o-line” ugh - Can we just replace AJ freakin Cann already????
* deactivated Little week one inexplicably while tackles rack up flags and give up pressures
* move Oliver for a Ham sandwich and watch their best TE kill two drives with dropped passes in week one
* Got a 1000 yard rusher? Great , we’ll give him 5 carries

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 10:45 AM by SamusAranX. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-13-2021, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Posted this elsewhere but, worth posting here :

* deactivated Little week one inexplicably while tackles rack up flags and give up pressures
* move Oliver for a Ham sandwich and watch their best TE kill two drives with dropped passes in week one

It’s only week 1, but thanks. I’m depressed for the rest of the season now.

(09-13-2021, 09:43 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Ask Vic - Blog

I can't remember thinking at any point with those coaches.... "Does this guy understand the NFL's rules? Or is he just an arrogant ego maniac that truly believes he can do no wrong?" His body language was awful yesterday.. he looked like a dejected teenager that just got turned down by the last resort.. the fat girl in A/V club. Not even the hot cheerleader.
Jimmy Johnson’s first ever game, they were shutout with Troy Aikman, committed two turnovers, and had 10 penalties for 92 yards. Sound unprepared? You bet. Let’s not indict on one game

Taking a wild guess...Urban going to cuss Bevel out lol.

He said he would have a hands off approach in coaching. He may have to change that to get the results he want.

Having been at the game behind the Jags' bench, Urban didn't look like he was doing anything at all. He didn't talk to any players. He didn't even seem like he wanted to be there. He just paced the sidelines looking disinterested.

I don't think he had the slightest clue how to handle it.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 01:13 PM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 3 times in total.)

(09-13-2021, 12:39 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Having been at the game behind the Jags' bench, Urban didn't look like he was doing anything at all.  He didn't talk to any players. He didn't even seem like he wanted to be there. He just paced the sidelines looking disinterested.

I don't think he had the slightest clue how to handle it.

Because he seriously is lost and clueless at this level of competition.

Your whole life, you were the rich, smart, knowledgeable guy everyone looked up to..

Now? You make less money than most people that play FOR you, they have kids, they have responsibilities - they don't look up to you, they never will..... they see through your thin veneer of BS... you have no response for their REAL life questions.... you're just a clueless idiot...

an 18 year old versus a 28 year old might as well be a new frigging species. He only knows how to deal with kids.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 01:25 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

This is just football. It's an easy game to understand. Some people want to make it complicated. It doesn't take a genius. I laugh when people try to make football into doing surgery. It's only game 1. Let the coach have some time and the players to get better. Smh

(09-13-2021, 01:24 PM)Jag88 Wrote: This is just football. It's an easy game to understand. Some people want to make it complicated. It doesn't take a genius. I laugh when people try to make football into doing surgery. It's only game 1. Let the coach have some time and the players to get better. Smh

Yep, that's why no one ever fails at coaching football in real life. It's just like Madden!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-13-2021, 01:24 PM)Jag88 Wrote: This is just football. It's an easy game to understand. Some people want to make it complicated. It doesn't take a genius. I laugh when people try to make football into doing surgery. It's only game 1. Let the coach have some time and the players to get better. Smh

I think that is why many people on the board are surprised we did so poorly at it yesterday.

This feels much more like Luck/Grigson/Pagano than those situations. Unless Meyer quits I feel this will be a few years wandering in the desert with our chosen one, and then we'll get our Ballard/Reich and become contenders.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 04:51 PM by TLawIsEnforced.)

Worst head coach debut in NFL history fact is Urban Meyer just the worst ever!!

(09-13-2021, 10:42 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Posted this elsewhere but, worth posting here :

It’s only week 1, but thanks. I’m depressed for the rest of the season now.

(09-13-2021, 09:43 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I can't remember thinking at any point with those coaches.... "Does this guy understand the NFL's rules? Or is he just an arrogant ego maniac that truly believes he can do no wrong?" His body language was awful yesterday.. he looked like a dejected teenager that just got turned down by the last resort.. the fat girl in A/V club. Not even the hot cheerleader.
Jimmy Johnson’s first ever game, they were shutout with Troy Aikman, committed two turnovers, and had 10 penalties for 92 yards. Sound unprepared? You bet. Let’s not indict on one game
Unlike Meyer, Johnson had the 'it factor " that one could see before and during that 1-15 first season in Dallas!!! You knew he just needed his guys and staff to get together and that famous HW trade just help solidify the greatness....