Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 2 Broncos at Jags***

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 04:05 PM by FabianLF. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-19-2021, 04:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: NIce to see 93 get knocked 6 yards off the line on a QB sneak.

First thing I noticed on replay..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watching the game surrounded by Bronco fans.

Jags suck donkey balls
My sig goes here!

How can this team be so devoid of talent with our draft position the past decade?

(09-19-2021, 04:05 PM)NM Jag Fan Wrote: Watching the game surrounded by Bronco fans. 

Jags suck donkey balls

Got game tickets today, hmm?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 04:08 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Broncos have vastly more talent than the Jaguars right now.
This is more or less the outcome you would expect.
I don't see anything the coaching staff did particularly well this game, but they didn't make multiple obvious errors like last game. The coaching and the play calling looked adequate to me.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Jack is not a consistent performer.  Some games he looks good and other games he looks lost out there.

(09-19-2021, 04:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 04:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Jack probably needs to be moved back to OLB

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

There isn't a Will in this scheme and that's what he is, can't tackle inside and can't pass rush outside well enough to play in this set.
(09-19-2021, 04:04 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 04:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Jack probably needs to be moved back to OLB

Jack isn't a 34 OLB. He was also bad as a MLB in the 43 defense we used to run.
Agreed but he is hurting the team in the middle but is better in coverage than the other OLBs.

They need to try something.

(09-19-2021, 04:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How can this team be so devoid of talent with our draft position the past decade?

Let's see

2017:

4 Fournette
33 Robinson (decent at best)

2018:

29 Bryan

2019:

7 Allen (ok, he's decent)
35 Taylor

2020: 

9 Henderson
20 Chaisson
42 Shenault (jury's still out)

Even without considering who was on the board when we drafted it's only 1 top-50 pick that's turned out good. Another 1 or 2 are decent.

(09-19-2021, 04:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How can this team be so devoid of talent with our draft position the past decade?

Tyson Alualu
DT
California

Blaine Gabbert
QB
Missouri

Justin Blackmon
WR
Oklahoma State

Luke Joeckel
T
Texas A&M
[5]
Blake Bortles
QB
UCF

Dante Fowler
DE
Florida

Jalen Ramsey †
CB
Florida State

Leonard Fournette
RB
LSU

Taven Bryan
DT
Florida

Josh Allen †
DE
Kentucky

C.J. Henderson
CB
Florida

K'Lavon Chaisson
LB

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 04:10 PM by CanDoBetter.)

(09-19-2021, 04:07 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 04:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There isn't a Will in this scheme and that's what he is, can't tackle inside and can't pass rush outside well enough to play in this set.
(09-19-2021, 04:04 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Jack isn't a 34 OLB. He was also bad as a MLB in the 43 defense we used to run.
Agreed but he is hurting the team in the middle but is better in coverage than the other OLBs.

They need to try something.

They traded a MLB earlier. It's possible they traded the wrong guy and that's not even saying that guy was/is any good.

There was a lot to like on that first drive, not a lot to be unhappy about at the end of the first half, but boy did the positives essentially end at half-time. This was a rough one.

Possibly the roughest in a while; that first drive gave me hope for the first time in quite a while. I might even long for the days of hopelessness after remembering the pain of having hope. Sad
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

At this rate of “improvement” the team should be competitive by 2024

(09-19-2021, 04:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Tyson Alualu
DT
California

Blaine Gabbert
QB
Missouri

Justin Blackmon
WR
Oklahoma State

Luke Joeckel
T
Texas A&M
[5]
Blake Bortles
QB
UCF

Dante Fowler
DE
Florida

Jalen Ramsey †
CB
Florida State

Leonard Fournette
RB
LSU

Taven Bryan
DT
Florida

Josh Allen †
DE
Kentucky

C.J. Henderson
CB
Florida

K'Lavon Chaisson
LB

Even then, yoy find talent in the 2nd and 3rd.....it's just amazing.  It's like everyone we draft maintains the skill level they had in college and never grows.

They all leave this clown show as soon as they can.

(09-19-2021, 04:06 PM)jagman Wrote: Jack is not a consistent performer.  Some games he looks good and other games he looks lost out there.

Jack was good when we had talent around him and he could rely on his talents. He can't lead a team and he isn't a game changer without the support. 

You don't get to become a 3-4 because you want to do it. You have to draft tweener linebackers and have some good space eaters. We have nothing. 

Offense was okay but we just aren't winning match ups. You can see Lawrence's talent but he is a rookie and it shouldn't be on him to lift up this crap team. We obviously don't have good coaching. 

Can it get better? We will see. At least we finally had a good opening job for once.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-19-2021, 04:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: At this rate of “improvement” the team should be competitive by 2024

Now now, don’t set expectations…

Hey, we actually looked competitive today for a bit there early. And TL did throw another highlight reel TD.

Gotta stay positive.

(09-19-2021, 04:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: At this rate of “improvement” the team should be competitive by 2024

I hope the Jags reimburse you for however much you lost on trying to get to the stadium with the towing and the uber just to watch that.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Honestly, the team just is devoid of talent from top to bottom and the coaching staff is not good enough to cover that up.

(09-19-2021, 04:13 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Hey, we actually looked competitive today for a bit there early. And TL did throw another highlight reel TD.

Gotta stay positive.

The first drive was good but Lawrence seems unable to handle being behind. I don't care if it's him or Bevell. This hero ball tendency needst to stop now. There's no shame in a 5-10 yard completion.