Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence (merged threads)

(09-12-2021, 05:33 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Other than the upside differences, Minshew lead us like this last year. This team lacks talent and they blew the off season. Bad free agency and bad drafting.

Everything is compounded by them doing little with the Rams extra picks. Glad we ditched Caldwell but yikes looks like more of the same.  I am withholding despair but this is the oline that Meyer liked.

Kahn isn't a good owner. At any point in the past three years, he could have got a GM that could have built a workable line. Yuck

At least Meyer understood the d-line was trash last year but his signings so far haven't proven anything. D is just as bad as last year judging by this game only.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/1...95552?s=19

Honey badger seems to think he's gonna be just fine.

(09-13-2021, 06:54 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/1...95552?s=19

Honey badger seems to think he's gonna be just fine.

Of all my angst and low bar thoughts of what we can achieve, Lawrence is not a concern at all.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

This was the 3rd and 17 completion to Chark..
https://twitter.com/PintOfJack/status/14...3935659008
Threads it into a really tight window to JRob..
https://twitter.com/PintOfJack/status/14...3395762177

(09-14-2021, 10:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote: This was the 3rd and 17 completion to Chark..
That first clip..... Wooo boy what a throw. 

Also, look how bad Taylor attempted to block that dude. lol

(09-15-2021, 08:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote: This was the 3rd and 17 completion to Chark..
That first clip..... Wooo boy what a throw. 

But Urbz likes them and PFF said they did fine!?!?!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-15-2021, 08:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: That first clip..... Wooo boy what a throw. 

But Urbz likes them and PFF said they did fine!?!?!

We are suppose to be bad. NFL script not sure how we secured Lawrence to work against the plan but here we are in our fandom.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-15-2021, 10:24 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: But Urbz likes them and PFF said they did fine!?!?!

We are suppose to be bad. NFL script not sure how we secured Lawrence to work against the plan but here we are in our fandom.

Frank Gore had a mental lapse and forgot he was supposed to lose.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If Trevor throws 3 more ints again this week, then we will know we have the next Peyton Manning.

(09-16-2021, 08:40 AM)Predator Wrote: If Trevor throws 3 more ints again this week, then we will know we have the next Peyton Manning.

Fans need to prepare themselves for it, the Broncos rush is no joke.

(09-16-2021, 02:37 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 08:40 AM)Predator Wrote: If Trevor throws 3 more ints again this week, then we will know we have the next Peyton Manning.

Fans need to prepare themselves for it, the Broncos rush Offensive Line is a no bad joke.

FTFY.

My graded 10 mint condition Trevor Lawrence Rookie Gems card came today. Gonna hopefully turn my $16 investment into thousands one day. Hundreds may be more realistic. I also picked up a Zach Wilson and Mac Jones rookie card as well.

I have the utmost confidence that T Law is the right guy for the job. Everything from this kid's intangibles, mature mindset, and obviously physical talent tells me everything I need to know. I think this year will only help mature him and build even more character. It is going to be extremely tough on him, and it very well may put him to a breaking point. However, once he pushes through that, I think he's gonna be very good. Life is about sacrifice. You can't always be a winner. The football gods certainly agree. T L is thew right guy for the job, I love this kid. Really rooting for him.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 12:52 AM by enigma. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trevor is the LEAST of my worries on this team... We all know he has the talent/intagibles/moxy/etc especially being drafted to a 1-15 team as a rookie.

First and foremost, we should be running the ball A LOT more regardless of who's at the helm let alone a rookie.

But, I hope this coaching staff possesses the aptitude to tell Lawrence to take what's given to him on short/intermediate routes like what occurred when moving the chains in the first drive of the game. I'd like if he takes off running once in a while especially if there's an open lane present too. Again though, my fear is that this coaching staff lacks the ability to make adjustments even just two games into the season. So I'll give it another game or two in the hopes that this staff proves me wrong but things aren't looking good so far for them.

TL16 didn't have a good game yesterday. His accuracy was off.

That'll be all.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 08:09 AM by YouMadThough. Edited 1 time in total.)

Lawrence is a-ss-cheeks. Poor version of Andrew Luck

(09-18-2021, 08:54 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I have the utmost confidence that T Law is the right guy for the job. Everything from this kid's intangibles, mature mindset, and obviously physical talent tells me everything I need to know. I think this year will only help mature him and build even more character. It is going to be extremely tough on him, and it very well may put him to a breaking point. However, once he pushes through that, I think he's gonna be very good. Life is about sacrifice. You can't always be a winner. The football gods certainly agree. T L is thew right guy for the job, I love this kid. Really rooting for him.

very this.

The TD pass yesterday was a think of beauty, perfect placement. The analysts pointed out a few plays where he either waited too long to throw, or missed an open guy in his progressions, and those things can be fixed with film study and repetitions.

There's some wrinkles, but that was always to be expected. There's definitely more reason to be optimistic about QB play now than we've been in the past decade.

I am worried about Lawrence. Second coming of Jameis Winston.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

He is a player u need to build around

Perseverance fellas