Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Broncos Game

(09-22-2021, 12:58 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 11:28 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You really have no clue how football works at its most basic level... That's not a question. It's a statement of fact. You're clueless.

Run the ball with Robinson until they PROVE they can stop it, then you hit them with play action hard. Then you run it down their throat again and again and again. Robinson isn't getting stopped. Urban Meyer or Moron Bevell is stopping him.

You're so clueless at weighing options that I'm certain my post will be completely lost on you.  Fact.

We know what the Jag's running game and a middling QB delivers.  1-15.  That exact same running game with a green and inexperienced QB?  Worse.  There is one way out of this mess and it's on TL's arm.

What all you armchair strategists fail to accept is that this team is utterly rock bottom and has no way of getting out painlessly.  TL must learn to play NFL level QB as fast as possible or fail and the Jags start again.  You're all talking about winning games.  One game or three, who cares?  This franchise has to turn around and there are about 10 guys on the list who will still be here when it does.  TL must learn to read NFL play and learn to make good decisions.  And he isn't going to do that with a run-first, pass-second offense.  Get the pain over with.  See if he can learn and find out where we are.

That exact same running game with a talented but green QB would do wonders for this city, the team, and their record. It's hilarious just how wrong you are about this, almost to the point of realizing that you're trolling again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2021, 03:47 PM by Mikey.)

(09-22-2021, 12:58 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 11:28 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You really have no clue how football works at its most basic level... That's not a question. It's a statement of fact. You're clueless.

Run the ball with Robinson until they PROVE they can stop it, then you hit them with play action hard. Then you run it down their throat again and again and again. Robinson isn't getting stopped. Urban Meyer or Moron Bevell is stopping him.

You're so clueless at weighing options that I'm certain my post will be completely lost on you.  Fact.

We know what the Jag's running game and a middling QB delivers.  1-15.  That exact same running game with a green and inexperienced QB?  Worse.  There is one way out of this mess and it's on TL's arm.

What all you armchair strategists fail to accept is that this team is utterly rock bottom and has no way of getting out painlessly.  TL must learn to play NFL level QB as fast as possible or fail and the Jags start again.  You're all talking about winning games.  One game or three, who cares?  This franchise has to turn around and there are about 10 guys on the list who will still be here when it does.  TL must learn to read NFL play and learn to make good decisions.  And he isn't going to do that with a run-first, pass-second offense.  Get the pain over with.  See if he can learn and find out where we are.

Care to explain how you came to this conclusion?

We don't know that AT. ALL. So far we've tried no running game and inexperienced QB, and where did that get us?

The very point is, we have no idea what an attempt at establishing the run would even accomplish while Trevor is taking snaps. Giving Trevor 2nd and 5 to work with is going to help a lot more than incomplete passes or sacks that leave him facing 2nd and double-digit yardage. That's how interceptions happen.

(09-22-2021, 01:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That exact same running game with a talented but green QB would do wonders for this city, the team, and their record. It's hilarious just how wrong you are about this, almost to the point of realizing that you're trolling again.

That's kinda what I'm getting too. This is such a level of doubling down on dumb that it can't possibly be sincere.

(09-22-2021, 01:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 12:58 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: You're so clueless at weighing options that I'm certain my post will be completely lost on you.  Fact.

That exact same running game with a talented but green QB would do wonders for this city, the team, and their record. It's hilarious just how wrong you are about this, almost to the point of realizing that you're trolling again.

It takes more than talent to be good.  It takes experience and good judgement as well.

Last year the Jags had a milquetoast QB and this same running attack.  1-15.  This year the green QB?  Worst in the league.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/duval-ins...ing-week-2

Quote:Things will eventually get better for Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars' passing game, but the state of things right now is genuinely bad. Lawrence has the worst completion % in the NFL, one of the worst completion percentages over expectation rates, has thrown five turnovers, and is one of the NFL's leader in off-target throws per Pro Football Reference.

I agree, things will eventually get better.  But until TL gets better (more experienced) then this offense is going nowhere.  The WR's are not getting better. The TE's aren't.  The only room for improvement is with TL.

We're saying the same thing, virtually.  The difference is that I recognise this is an effort to turn this train wreck around.  Winning a couple games off a run-heavy offense (maybe - I don't think the Jags would pursuing that plan either) will do nothing but delay the turn.

Run heavy offense takes the burden off TLaw and can let him learn his flow more. Otherwise he’s throwing it 50 times a game and turnovers and sacks will begin to pile up

(09-22-2021, 06:09 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Run heavy offense takes the burden off TLaw and can let him learn his flow more. Otherwise he’s throwing it 50 times a game and turnovers and sacks will begin to pile up

99.9 times out of 100 I agree.  In fact I have never disagreed with that sentiment before.  But this team's passing game is so bad, and the run is good but not the greatest going around, that I don't think running will take any pressure off.   They need to start hitting a couple passes so that the passing game actually offers something before they can start managing balance.

When you've got something and need to give it time to grow that above is the answer.  But the Jags have almost nothing in the passing game.  It's a near null value.

(09-22-2021, 06:59 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 06:09 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Run heavy offense takes the burden off TLaw and can let him learn his flow more. Otherwise he’s throwing it 50 times a game and turnovers and sacks will begin to pile up

99.9 times out of 100 I agree.  In fact I have never disagreed with that sentiment before.  But this team's passing game is so bad, and the run is good but not the greatest going around, that I don't think running will take any pressure off.   They need to start hitting a couple passes so that the passing game actually offers something before they can start managing balance.

When you've got something and need to give it time to grow that above is the answer.  But the Jags have almost nothing in the passing game.  It's a near null value.

I don’t think we can accurately say that; we haven’t tried James Robinson at all it seems this year. And our corp isn’t the best but it’s certainly not 2008 level

(09-22-2021, 11:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/zacstevensdnvr/statu...92384?s=21

Dude is so far in over his head it isn't even funny anymore

(09-22-2021, 11:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 11:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/zacstevensdnvr/statu...92384?s=21

Dude is so far in over his head it isn't even funny anymore

Sadly. There is a reason even the best college coaches have washed out in the NFL.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-20-2021, 10:55 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:00 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Me and my buddy all game were joking about Agnew, we'd just look at eachother and say "7 mil" everytime he fair caught a ball or did nothing. Went to take a poop and heard my friend freaking out, came back to see the replay of the return.. good to see.

Do us a favor and spend about 3 hrs on the terlet this Sunday. We need a win!!

Lmao I should, I always tend to miss out on exciting things when I'm dropping logs into the abyss.

(09-22-2021, 06:59 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:

So, I will reiterate to confirm. You believe that it is better for Trevor's development as a passer to be facing 2nd and double digit yardage than it would be to have 2nd and 7, 2nd and 4, or similar?

You've quoted articles that confirm what we all know already (he's been inaccurate, off timing and liable to turn the ball over due to errant or misguided throws), so our realistic expectation is that refusing to run is only going to perpetuate the hole he keeps having to dig the offense out of. Continued failure will make him better, right?

(09-23-2021, 04:43 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 10:55 AM)Mikey Wrote: Do us a favor and spend about 3 hrs on the terlet this Sunday. We need a win!!

Lmao I should, I always tend to miss out on exciting things when I'm dropping logs into the abyss.

[Image: FloweryIlliterateGreyhounddog-max-1mb.gif]

[Image: ElementaryWearyGentoopenguin-max-1mb.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

And he's only faced Tyrod and Teddy...it's going to get so much worse.

(09-23-2021, 10:12 AM)Upper Wrote:

And he's only faced Tyrod and Teddy...it's going to get so much worse.

Taylor was 10-11 and was tied with the Browns when he went down with an injury.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Do we really believe Urbz thought it would be easy? I don't buy it. No big deal him saying it is Alabama every week. Maybe he should prepare like it is Alabama not a directional school.

Maybe he should have taken the off-season more seriously and not engaged in circuses.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-23-2021, 11:58 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Do we really believe Urbz thought it would be easy? I don't buy it. No big deal him saying it is Alabama every week. Maybe he should prepare like it is Alabama not a directional school.

Maybe he should have taken the off-season more seriously and not engaged in circuses.

Except for 1 or 2 games a year when the opponent's talent was equal to his team's it was always easy for him before. It's not surprising that he is so clueless.

I don't see where he says that he didn't think that was the case. People gonna read into it whatever they want to.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-23-2021, 12:13 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I don't see where he says that he didn't think that was the case.  People gonna read into it whatever they want to.
I just find the comment super weird.

Like, the NFL players are really good? Duh.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=6181117]

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2021, 12:41 PM by The Real Marty.)

(09-23-2021, 12:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 12:13 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I don't see where he says that he didn't think that was the case.  People gonna read into it whatever they want to.
I just find the comment super weird.

Like, the NFL players are really good? Duh.

Fangio probably asked, "How is it so far?" and Meyer said, "It's like playing Alabama every week."  And they both laughed.  

Big [BLEEP] deal.