Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(10-03-2021, 08:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 08:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I understand the frustration, it goes multiple directions too. What bothers me is not the confusion, fear, or the differing opinions on how to handle it, but the certainty of bad faith by any who disagree with "my" position (regardless of the position). Left hates Right, Right hates Left, vaxxed hates unvaxxed, unvaxxed hates vaxxed, consumers hate the Corporations, and everyone hates Fauci and the Chinese. Everybody thinks anybody who disagrees is wrong, everyone reads some studies and becomes an armchair PhD preaching without accountability why those with it are doing it wrong, some like Ronster and P_rushing think that disagreement means genocidal intentions, and every conversation (like me and L2L here) turns into a competition about who is right which inevitably leads to bad outcomes.

Back to updates though, it looks like Baptist Health reported less than 100 Covid inpatients on Friday for the first time since June. Haven't seen stats from anyone else yet, but that's a good sign that the Delta wave is close to ending in NE Florida.

Instant “information” at people’s fingertips, coupled with strong tribalism instincts, has turned debate into contention. 

Technology introduced just within the last 15 years has indelibly changed how societies and governments function. COVID has highlighted an interesting evolution that carries the promise of unifying a species, or affirming its primate roots.

I don't think the problem is the people. The problem is that the institutions have not insulated themselves from bias or influence. This starts at the highest levels, then trickles down. As trust in the institutions fade, people look to alternate sources, and, quite frankly, many of them aren't smart enough to sift through the BS. 

We need to remove undue influence and political bias from the institutions first, but the powers that be will never let that happen. There is too much money and power to be made by controlling the narrative. More importantly, the institutions themselves won't let that happen. There is too much money to be made by corrupting influences. Put another way, Big-X, with X being the lobbying arm of our major industries, has completely nullified our "trusted" institutions. 

Conservatives need to come off the idea that we are a practicing free market economy. We need to pull donations from these major industries. We need to start creating legislation that actually punishes these thieves. 

When the people see that we are punishing the real criminals, they will stop looking at alternative news sources.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just started reading the book "Duty" by Robert Gates and he was talking about how disingenuous senators were before his confirmation hearing. They were saying one thing publicly and something completely different during phone calls. Specifically democrats who were publicly saying we needed to get out of Iraq and hating on the defense industry while privately saying he should remember defense industry companies in their home states when it came to supplying the military.

It's no different with what's going on now.

Yup. We have to disassociate big business from our politicians. I want that money gone. No more pac money. Regulate lobbying. Harsh punishments for campaign violations.

Or maybe just have a government that isn't powerful enough for any of that to matter.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-03-2021, 09:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Or maybe just have a government that isn't powerful enough for any of that to matter.

Government should be as small a possible and have as little power as possible.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Just don't think you're getting that genie back in the bottle. Growth of business is tied to the growth of government, imo.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2021, 07:23 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-03-2021, 11:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Just don't think you're getting that genie back in the bottle. Growth of business is tied to the growth of government, imo.

How is growth of business tied to growth of government?

Bigger government typically leads to keeping less of your hard earned money.

The same DOJ fighting to keep mask mandates at your kid’s school. https://t.co/h1Soq5Ji7O

(10-04-2021, 07:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 11:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Just don't think you're getting that genie back in the bottle. Growth of business is tied to the growth of government, imo.

How is growth of business tied to growth of government?

Government typically seizes growth in business as a need/opportunity/excuse for growth in regulations, programs, initiatives, etc.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-04-2021, 07:50 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 07:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How is growth of business tied to growth of government?

Government typically seizes growth in business as a need/opportunity/excuse for growth in regulations, programs, initiatives, etc.

Makes sense. I misread his post as growth of government actually helping business grow.

[Image: 243476552_10226903280864574_889703085388...e=61803EB0]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

And people wonder why I refuse to get "The Jab"...... I'm no freaking Lab Rat

Skin Problems, Neuropathy, Paralysis All Part of Over 500,000 Adverse Events Reported After COVID Vaccine

https://www.westernjournal.com/skin-prob...r-SzoLNjHw
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

(10-04-2021, 10:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: And people wonder why I refuse to get "The Jab"...... I'm no freaking Lab Rat

Skin Problems, Neuropathy, Paralysis All Part of Over 500,000 Adverse Events Reported After COVID Vaccine

Don't forget teen wolf arms too.

FTA: "Reports to the VAERS database are made not only by health care professionals — they are also made by patients themselves or their families. And they are subjective and not verified."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-04-2021, 10:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: FTA: "Reports to the VAERS database are made not only by health care professionals — they are also made by patients themselves or their families. And they are subjective and not verified."

Are you really implying non health care professionals are filing fake VAERS claims?

Pretending a vaccine can't have serious side effects is the real problem here.

(10-04-2021, 10:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: And people wonder why I refuse to get "The Jab"...... I'm no freaking Lab Rat

Have you ever investigated the adverse events of any other vaccine you have had?

I thought not.

Sad. Vaxxed Emmy winner dies of COVID.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/10...ingbuttons

(10-04-2021, 11:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 10:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: FTA: "Reports to the VAERS database are made not only by health care professionals — they are also made by patients themselves or their families. And they are subjective and not verified."

Are you really implying non health care professionals are filing fake VAERS claims?

Did you read the list of incidents? No one is pretending they dont have rare serious side effects, but It's pretty clear that most reported there aren't serious. And yes, I have little doubt that some of my radical acquaintances are doing exactly that.

(10-05-2021, 07:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Sad. Vaxxed Emmy winner dies of COVID.

Man, that article reads like the writer is happy that the "degenerate" died. Do you ever wonder if reading that stuff colors your opinions?

(10-05-2021, 08:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 11:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are you really implying non health care professionals are filing fake VAERS claims?

Did you read the list of incidents? No one is pretending they dont have rare serious side effecrs, but It's pretty clear that most reported there aren't serious. And yes, I have little doubt that some of my radical acquaintances are doing exactly that.

(10-05-2021, 07:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Sad. Vaxxed Emmy winner dies of COVID.

Man, that article reads like the writer is happy that the "degenerate" died. Do you ever wonder if reading that stuff colors your opinions?

To be fair, it is all over Twitter.  I just grabbed the "article" at the top of my feed. But I don't disagree, death shouldn't be applauded nor should a governors wife' cancer diagnosis. 

Social media isn't real life. Thank God.

As far as coloring my opinions, I just go by the facts here. He attended the Emmy awards which didn't require masks, except of course for "the help", went back to the UK and passed away of COVID. I do however have my doubts that he had zero underlying conditions,  but that is the only non-factual piece of my analysis.

(10-05-2021, 08:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 08:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Did you read the list of incidents? No one is pretending they dont have rare serious side effecrs, but It's pretty clear that most reported there aren't serious. And yes, I have little doubt that some of my radical acquaintances are doing exactly that.

To be fair, it is all over Twitter.  I just grabbed the "article" at the top of my feed. But I don't disagree, death shouldn't be applauded nor should a governors wife' cancer diagnosis. 

Social media isn't real life. Thank God.

As far as coloring my opinions, I just go by the facts here. He attended the Emmy awards which didn't require masks, except of course for "the help", went back to the UK and passed away of COVID. I do however have my doubts that he had zero underlying conditions,  but that is the only non-factual piece of my analysis.

Social media is what happens when people don't have to be worried about getting punched in the face when they spout off at other people. It contributes greatly to the decline of decency and politeness in our society because it removes the painful consequences of incorrigible behavior.