Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 NFL draft order

(10-01-2021, 12:09 AM)enigma Wrote: If we're picking #1 or #2, I want either DE Kayvon Thibodeaux or CB Derek Stingley Jr.

Bolster this defense with a true playmaker, give Lawrence another weapon and draft some O-line depth.

Protecting Trev is still the number 1 priority so hopefully they feel Little is the guy if not we have to look at Neal as well and we will need a LT.  But yes, we still need blue chip players and we need to go BPA and Thibodeaux and Stingley are 2 of the best players in this draft.  Pass

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-01-2021, 08:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 12:09 AM)enigma Wrote: If we're picking #1 or #2, I want either DE Kayvon Thibodeaux or CB Derek Stingley Jr.

Bolster this defense with a true playmaker, give Lawrence another weapon and draft some O-line depth.

Protecting Trev is still the number 1 priority so hopefully they feel Little is the guy if not we have to look at Neal as well and we will need a LT.  But yes, we still need blue chip players and we need to go BPA and Thibodeaux and Stingley are 2 of the best players in this draft.  Pass

Right now, the #1 priority should be finding a pass rusher opposite Allen and finding someone, anyone who can cover in the secondary.

(10-01-2021, 09:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 08:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Protecting Trev is still the number 1 priority so hopefully they feel Little is the guy if not we have to look at Neal as well and we will need a LT.  But yes, we still need blue chip players and we need to go BPA and Thibodeaux and Stingley are 2 of the best players in this draft.  Pass

Right now, the #1 priority should be finding a pass rusher opposite Allen and finding someone, anyone who can cover in the secondary.

Protecting our franchise QB is number 1 then pass rush.    Funny the guy always crying about the online dosnt think protection our franchise is the most important thing any more after if was for the past how many years.  Have to protect our franchise QB.

(10-01-2021, 10:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 09:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Right now, the #1 priority should be finding a pass rusher opposite Allen and finding someone, anyone who can cover in the secondary.

Protecting our franchise QB is number 1 then pass rush.    Funny the guy always crying about the online dosnt think protection our franchise is the most important thing any more after if was for the past how many years.  Have to protect our franchise QB.

Right now, we are doing a decent enough job of protecting Lawrence. Are you disagreeing? Last night we showed great strides on the offensive side of the football, but we're making the same mistakes over and over on defense, because of a lack of talent. Right now, we are getting no pass rush and we're letting opposing receivers kill us on key plays. Is that not true? If we don't fix this, we won't win many games.

(10-01-2021, 10:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 10:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Protecting our franchise QB is number 1 then pass rush.    Funny the guy always crying about the online dosnt think protection our franchise is the most important thing any more after if was for the past how many years.  Have to protect our franchise QB.

Right now, we are doing a decent enough job of protecting Lawrence. Are you disagreeing? Last night we showed great strides on the offensive side of the football, but we're making the same mistakes over and over on defense, because of a lack of talent. Right now, we are getting no pass rush and we're letting opposing receivers kill us on key plays. Is that not true? If we don't fix this, we won't win many games.

If you go look at my needs thread LT is not even in my top 5.  But Cam is a FA and if they feel Little is not the guy then LT is number 1 on the list.  Protecting Trev should always be number 1 priority.

(10-01-2021, 11:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 10:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Right now, we are doing a decent enough job of protecting Lawrence. Are you disagreeing? Last night we showed great strides on the offensive side of the football, but we're making the same mistakes over and over on defense, because of a lack of talent. Right now, we are getting no pass rush and we're letting opposing receivers kill us on key plays. Is that not true? If we don't fix this, we won't win many games.

If you go look at my needs thread LT is not even in my top 5.  But Cam is a FA and if they feel Little is not the guy then LT is number 1 on the list.  Protecting Trev should always be number 1 priority.

Are we talking immediate needs or are we talking needs for 2022? Those are two different things. Our immediate needs are definitely on defense. If you are projecting what the needs are for 2022, it depends on how free agency plays out. I've already said that I'd go all in, regarding adding a good LT in free agency or via a trade. Right now, I'm focusing on trying to win games in 2021 and that means finding an edge rusher, CB's who can cover 1 on 1, a Safety who can actually cover a TE and an ILB who isn't a liability in pass coverage.

(10-01-2021, 12:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 11:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If you go look at my needs thread LT is not even in my top 5.  But Cam is a FA and if they feel Little is not the guy then LT is number 1 on the list.  Protecting Trev should always be number 1 priority.

Are we talking immediate needs or are we talking needs for 2022? Those are two different things. Our immediate needs are definitely on defense. If you are projecting what the needs are for 2022, it depends on how free agency plays out. I've already said that I'd go all in, regarding adding a good LT in free agency or via a trade. Right now, I'm focusing on trying to win games in 2021 and that means finding an edge rusher, CB's who can cover 1 on 1, a Safety who can actually cover a TE and an ILB who isn't a liability in pass coverage.

I'm talking about 2022

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021, 09:20 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Since Trevor has been horrendous,
Jaguars front office needs to be scouting Matt corral vs Alabama tomorrow.

(09-30-2021, 08:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 07:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Chris Olave of Ohio State. He's an amazing receiver, but he's dealing with a new QB, who is having a hard time adjusting to the speed of the college game. Olave has great hands and amazing body control. In his time with the Buckeyes, he's made some unbelievable twisting catches on the sideline, where he was still able to keep his feet in-bounds. Olave made Fields look a lot better than he actually was.

I already said Olave is my favorite WR in this draft but I'm not sure I would say he is elite regardless of the QB.  If we picked mid 1st I would be okay with him but if we are picking top 5 or top 10 there are other guys I would take in this draft

I just read an article that said Olave has been clocked at 4.38/40. If he does that during his Pro Day or the Combine, he'll be a top 10 overall selection.

If Cam continues having a solid year I don’t think I’d fork over what he will probably be asking in FA. That said, I’m not sold on Little by any means. Currently very open minded to Neal.

(10-04-2021, 07:54 AM)wg171 Wrote: If Cam continues having a solid year I don’t think I’d fork over what he will probably be asking in FA. That said, I’m not sold on Little by any means. Currently very open minded to Neal.

We could always tag Cam again if we wanted too

(10-01-2021, 09:20 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Since Trevor has been horrendous, 
Jaguars front office needs to be scouting  Matt corral vs Alabama tomorrow.

we need a -10 rep button, mods Ninja

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2021, 12:11 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

1. Thibodeaux
2. Ahmad Gardner

My dream 1st 2 picks right now and go heavy offense in FA

(10-04-2021, 12:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1. Thibodeaux
2. Ahmad Gardner

I could get behind that, but I'm not so sure Gardner falls out of round 1. He good.

2. Ahmad Gardner

There's no way Gardner will be available in the 2nd round just out of his sheer production.

Sauce definitely has a knack for the ball.

I think we have to come away with one of those 5 blue chip defenders:
1. Kayvon Thibodeaux
2. Derek Stingley
3. Aidan Hutchinson
4. Kyle Hamilton
5. DeMarvin Leal

My hope is that Corral or Rattler keep ascending to be top 5 worthy QBs and get overdrafted so a team trades up to our spot (pick 1 to 3)

2. Ahmad Gardner

As others have said, I doubt Gardner makes it to the 2nd. I’d probably go;

1. Thibodeaux
2. Jalen Catalon

(10-07-2021, 06:11 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
2. Ahmad Gardner

As others have said, I doubt Gardner makes it to the 2nd. I’d probably go;

1. Thibodeaux
2. Jalen Catalon

We say this every year about guys and then they fall to the 2nd.  A lot of the season still left along with the combine.  Maybe not, we shall see

(10-07-2021, 09:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 06:11 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: As others have said, I doubt Gardner makes it to the 2nd. I’d probably go;

1. Thibodeaux
2. Jalen Catalon

We say this every year about guys and then they fall to the 2nd.  A lot of the season still left along with the combine.  Maybe not, we shall see

Gardner would be a great pick. If he gets taken earlier, the cornerback class looks strong again for 2022 and the Jags could still get someone like Trent McDuffie. At this point, pass rush and corner are top 2 priorities depending on Walker Little's development. If he disappoints, offensive tackle will need to also be in the picture.

(10-07-2021, 02:04 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 09:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We say this every year about guys and then they fall to the 2nd.  A lot of the season still left along with the combine.  Maybe not, we shall see

Gardner would be a great pick. If he gets taken earlier, the cornerback class looks strong again for 2022 and the Jags could still get someone like Trent McDuffie. At this point, pass rush and corner are top 2 priorities depending on Walker Little's development. If he disappoints, offensive tackle will need to also be in the picture.

I still think we need to go BPA regardless but you could put the needs like that.  We need to take whoever we feel will be the best player, I hope we don't go into the draft looking to fill needs again at certain positions.