Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jon Gruden resigning as Raiders Coach

(10-11-2021, 09:39 PM)TJBender Wrote: Could someone please start reading Urban’s old emails?

Nothing that scandalous, just something about spending some time in Nebraska and the Caymans.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 11:44 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-11-2021, 11:12 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 10:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Aren't we a nation of forgiveness and second chances, or na? 

Parents,  keep your kids off social media.

When you give up  Judeo-Christian values as a nation you give up forgiveness, redemption and second and third chances. It is sad.

+1000. Some one needs to expose these cancel culturists as frauds who are just as imperfect as anyone else. Problem is, they are the new arbiters of morality who rule and make the rules from thier journalistic and social media ivory towers. There was a lot about Trump I didnt like, but one thing he did very well was push back on these hypocrites.

No politics.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Urban is saying a prayer of thanks to Chucky for knocking him out of the headlines!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

While I think it's ridiculous to put out a "hit job" on a guy for something he said 10 years ago, I respect Gruden for walking away, because he didn't want to be a distraction to his team. I wish we had a coach like that.

(10-11-2021, 11:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: While I think it's ridiculous to put out a "hit job" on a guy for something he said 10 years ago, I respect Gruden for walking away, because he didn't want to be a distraction to his team. I wish we had a coach like that.

I think it was an equal mix of, "You're going to walk away" from the Raiders and "I guess I have to walk away" from Gruden that went into this resign. He really had no choice but to after this obvious hit job. Raiders would have just fired him for cause and called it a day if he didn't.

I’m still wanting to know who saves emails for that long? If whoever saved them was so offended by them, why not release them right away instead of saving them all these years? That’s just odd.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

It's great watching how uncomfortable media personalities are on this trying to out-woke each other because they are scared to death of saying the wrong thing.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 12:44 AM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

From a football standpoint, the trade that Jon Gruden made that sent Khalil Mack to the Bears directly caught up to the Raiders in what became Gruden's final game. Even with the salary cap, trading a player of Mack's caliber predictably didn't turn out well for the Raiders.

(10-11-2021, 10:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Aren't we a nation of forgiveness and second chances, or na? 

Parents,  keep your kids off social media.

(10-11-2021, 11:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Nothing that scandaous, just something about spending some time in Nebraska and the Caymans.

Meyer was on video try to stick his hand through 1-2 layers of fabric and still has his job somehow.

I'm betting his emails from UF show a lot of stuff .. murder, stealing, lots of young women, and then fake health issues when it all caught up to him.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 03:25 AM by Jag88.)

It is is wild that this surfaces now. The timing.

(10-12-2021, 12:43 AM)D6 Wrote: From a football standpoint, the trade that Jon Gruden made that sent Khalil Mack to the Bears directly caught up to the Raiders in what became Gruden's final game.  Even with the salary cap, trading a player of Mack's caliber predictably didn't turn out well for the Raiders.

I agree. That trade was not a smart move.

I just read an article about these emails, and it's pretty bad. He basically slurs everybody- women, gays, blacks, everybody.

(10-12-2021, 06:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I just read an article about these emails, and it's pretty bad.  He basically slurs everybody- women, gays, blacks, everybody.

I'd be more surprised if such language weren't the norm for a lot of the white leadership in the league. The really surprising thing is that he put it down in writing. While I've noticed a lot of bigots have gotten pretty bold and out since around 2016, before that most of them were more careful about what they could get caught for.

(10-11-2021, 11:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No politics.

Supposedly no religion, either.

I am staying out of the fray for now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-12-2021, 06:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: An investigation into workplace conditions of the WFT revealed the emails. 

I see a purge coming.

From a PR standpoint, that Washington situation has been bad for a long long time.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-12-2021, 06:08 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 06:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I just read an article about these emails, and it's pretty bad.  He basically slurs everybody- women, gays, blacks, everybody.

I'd be more surprised if such language weren't the norm for a lot of the white leadership in the league. The really surprising thing is that he put it down in writing. While I've noticed a lot of bigots have gotten pretty bold and out since around 2016, before that most of them were more careful about what they could get caught for.

Not really, but you have to get your pokes in where you can, huh?

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 07:16 AM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-11-2021, 09:43 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 09:17 PM)NH3 Wrote: Gruden resigned upon meeting w/the owner amongst Racist comments towards Weman, Gays, African Americans just to name a few. So sad because he had the Raiders on the right track.

NH3...

Negative comments against women and homosexuals is not 'racist'.  Unless the women and homosexuals were POC's
I see the point that you're making as I've only restated what was stated by the person(s) that stated it. So you see, it's Highly possible that the negative comments towards Weman and Gays could've been racist not to overlook his comment(s) toward DeMaurice. We as Fans, or the lack of honestly don't know unless we have a copy of the e-mail(s).

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-12-2021, 06:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 06:08 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'd be more surprised if such language weren't the norm for a lot of the white leadership in the league. The really surprising thing is that he put it down in writing. While I've noticed a lot of bigots have gotten pretty bold and out since around 2016, before that most of them were more careful about what they could get caught for.

Not really, but you have to get your pokes in where you can, huh?

Not sure what you mean, I'm just giving voice to my lived experience.

(10-12-2021, 06:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 11:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No politics.

Supposedly no religion, either.

I am staying out of the fray for now.

And that is why there is no forgiveness. We give up foundational ground. This movement is politics and Godell is strongly connected to politics. It is why he is a terrible commissioner.

One was perfect, the rest of us our sinners.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.