Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jon Gruden resigning as Raiders Coach

(10-12-2021, 06:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 11:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No politics.

Supposedly no religion, either.

I am staying out of the fray for now.

Yes, but I saw those comments as political in nature.

No religion either people.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looking at Michael Sam's career, he did have a pretty good stat line.

https://www.nfl.com/players/michael-sam/stats/career

(10-11-2021, 11:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 09:39 PM)TJBender Wrote: Could someone please start reading Urban’s old emails?

Nothing that scandalous, just something about spending some time in Nebraska and the Caymans.

Exploring the twin peaks and a waterslide down the valley?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-12-2021, 07:44 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 11:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Nothing that scandalous, just something about spending some time in Nebraska and the Caymans.

Exploring the twin peaks and a waterslide down the valley?

Now that you mention it, it did sound like a great trip.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-12-2021, 07:21 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 06:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Not really, but you have to get your pokes in where you can, huh?

Not sure what you mean, I'm just giving voice to my lived experience.

Me too.

The Raiders mercifully left Gus on DC duties.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ead-coach/

(10-11-2021, 09:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Crazy, I wish we could trade Urban for Jon
What a dumb take.

Let's trade one overrated and outdated coach who's in a scandal for another. Brilliant!

(10-12-2021, 08:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 09:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Crazy, I wish we could trade Urban for Jon
What a dumb take.

Let's trade one overrated and outdated coach who's in a scandal for another. Brilliant!

It was a joke but yes I'd take Jon over Urb easily.  Gruden has always been a good coach and still is, as you can see he has a bad QB as the 2nd leading passer in the league with a "bad" oline

(10-12-2021, 08:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
What a dumb take.

That outdated coach made the Raiders relevant and competitive again and turned Carr into a franchise QB.

The dumb take here is on your side of the curtain.

(10-12-2021, 08:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 08:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: What a dumb take.

That outdated coach made the Raiders relevant and competitive again and turned Carr into a franchise QB.

They'll either end up 3rd or 4th in their division. So who cares?

The idea of trading one coach caught in a scandal for another coach caught in a scandal is dumb. That's the point.

(10-12-2021, 08:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 08:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: That outdated coach made the Raiders relevant and competitive again and turned Carr into a franchise QB.

They'll either end up 3rd or 4th in their division. So who cares?

The idea of trading one coach caught in a scandal for another coach caught in a scandal is dumb. That's the point.

Yeah. Now they will.

(10-11-2021, 10:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 10:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Gruden is DONE in football and anything else publicity wise. If these emails turn out to be as egregious as they sound, the cancel culture will make a pariah out of him.

Aren't we a nation of forgiveness and second chances, or na? 

Parents,  keep your kids off social media.

you owe me a monitor.

I suggest you google Mike Richards for a recent example of our benevolent culture.

(10-12-2021, 08:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 08:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: They'll either end up 3rd or 4th in their division. So who cares?

Yeah. Now they will.
Hahaha they were already going to be 3rd or 4th with or without Gruden. Chargers and Chiefs are miles ahead of them and the Chiefs aren't even playing that well.

(10-12-2021, 08:52 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 10:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Aren't we a nation of forgiveness and second chances, or na? 

Parents,  keep your kids off social media.

you owe me a monitor.

I suggest you google Mike Richards for a recent example of our benevolent culture.

I was being facetious. The cancel culture mob isn't a forgiving one until they become the target.

(10-12-2021, 07:21 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 06:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Supposedly no religion, either.

I am staying out of the fray for now.

[deleted]

staaaaaaaaaaaaaahp

take it to the politics thread if you must. I don't want any poo in my peach cobbler, thank you

(10-12-2021, 08:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 08:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: What a dumb take.

What's new?  Lol

(10-12-2021, 08:57 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 07:21 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [deleted]

staaaaaaaaaaaaaahp

take it to the politics thread if you must. I don't want any poo in my peach cobbler, thank you
Funny. It isn't politics and it isn't religion that my simple statement is about. People aren't basically good. This situation is horrible and good thing he already made his money because it is now over. 

This is entertainment and sports allegedly but these public trials over private emails is stupid as his comments.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-12-2021, 09:57 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 08:57 AM)Mikey Wrote: staaaaaaaaaaaaaahp

Funny. It isn't politics and it isn't religion that my simple statement is about. People aren't basically good. This situation is horrible and good thing he already made his money because it is now over. 

This is entertainment and sports allegedly but these public trials over private emails is stupid as his comments.
This is true and it has nothing to do with religion or politics.

Eh.. I agree with Gruden on Goodell.

Sue me..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-12-2021, 11:26 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Eh.. I agree with Gruden on Goodell.

Sue me..

Same here.

Even taking what might be considered by many politics out of the equation,  5 reasons come to mind why I believe he's a subpar Commissioner. In no particular order:

1. The ordered destruction of Spygate evidence.
2. Gregg Williams not getting a lifetime ban from the NFL for his role in Bountygate.
3. The NFL relocation process, which led to 3 teams moving.  
4. Playoff expansion.
5. NFL Officiating is even worse on his watch than it was previously.