Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(10-09-2021, 09:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 06:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote: If I understand this correctly, your new female neighbor, who is "hawt" with "all the right curves in all the right places", is possibly attracted to you and this annoys you?

He wasn't annoyed until Hawt Neighbor asked him if he has a wife.

It could have been worse.................she could have asked if he had a husband Laughing
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2021, 09:12 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 09:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: He wasn't annoyed until Hawt Neighbor asked him if he has a wife.

I’m ashamed to admit it, but  you may be right.  And I also suggest Sneakers crosses out the word “possibly” in his post.  I mean, c’mon,   Is there any doubt?  Just look at me!  Smile

Lucky dog. I'm surrounded by old divorced ladies. Pretty quiet though! And they leave me soup and stuff sometimes lol.

(10-09-2021, 10:35 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 09:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: He wasn't annoyed until Hawt Neighbor asked him if he has a wife.

It could have been worse.................she could have asked if he had a husband Laughing

Banana

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 05:32 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-09-2021, 10:35 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Hey, you leave Javier out of this. He’s just my Peruvian pool boy.  For whenever I get a pool.

(10-10-2021, 03:30 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 09:12 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m ashamed to admit it, but  you may be right.  And I also suggest Sneakers crosses out the word “possibly” in his post.  I mean, c’mon,   Is there any doubt?  Just look at me!  Smile

Lucky dog. I'm surrounded by old divorced ladies. Pretty quiet though! And they leave me soup and stuff sometimes lol.

Soup and “stuff”(which is a very vague category, btw)  is more than I’ve gotten from these wumens. Perhaps you’re the lucky one.  I’m curious now about this “stuff”.

(10-12-2021, 04:53 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 10:35 PM)Sneakers Wrote: It could have been worse.................she could have asked if he had a husband Laughing

Hey, you leave Javier out of this. He’s just my Peruvian pool boy.  For whenever I get a pool.

(10-10-2021, 03:30 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Lucky dog. I'm surrounded by old divorced ladies. Pretty quiet though! And they leave me soup and stuff sometimes lol.

Soup and “stuff”(which is a very vague category, btw)  is more than I’ve gotten from these wumens. Perhaps you’re the lucky one.  I’m curious now about this “stuff”.

Soup and some cakes or something I think. Oranges sometimes, stuff like that. I think they thought I got Covid when I was in South America lol. None of it looked too appetizing when I got back though, and even if it did I couldn't eat it.

Holy freaking [BLEEP] y'all. Oh. My. God. If y'all haven't seen this you are missing out on witnessing a true miracle. This just goes to show you aren't going to die if it's not your time to go. This series has been fascinating and I don't know jack about F1.

Link

(10-12-2021, 11:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Holy freaking [BLEEP] y'all. Oh. My. God. If y'all haven't seen this you are missing out on witnessing a true miracle. This just goes to show you aren't going to die if it's not your time to go. This series has been fascinating and I don't know jack about F1.

Link

He was lucky to walk away from the crash itself, but that much time in the fire before he got out!!!  It's amazing what the suits can withstand.

When he actually climbed out, it looked like a scene from a Terminator movie.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 07:10 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

The video makes it seem longer than it actually was. It’s still amazing he walked away from that not only because of the flames, but the impact.

F1 owes a huge debt of gratitude to Jackie Stewart. When he was a major star in F1 racing back in the 70s, he leveraged his stardom to lobby F1 and course owners to make the cars and tracks safer for drivers. He even went so far as to tell promoters and organizers on race day that he would withdraw from the race if certain immediate measures weren’t taken to improve safety. In one instance it was cutting down some trees that presented a hazard to cars if they went off course.

Stewart said something along the lines that racing had turned into a blood sport. ‘People believed race drivers had a death wish.’

There’s an excellent documentary on this. It’s a fascinating look at the evolution of safety in F1 race car driving.

Captain Kirk going to space today if anyone wants to watch.

https://www.space.com

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 11:07 AM by americus 2.0.)

(10-13-2021, 04:24 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 11:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Holy freaking [BLEEP] y'all. Oh. My. God. If y'all haven't seen this you are missing out on witnessing a true miracle. This just goes to show you aren't going to die if it's not your time to go. This series has been fascinating and I don't know jack about F1.

Link

He was lucky to walk away from the crash itself, but that much time in the fire before he got out!!!  It's amazing what the suits can withstand.

It was two minutes and 45 seconds between the crash and when he got out. If you watch the episode this happens in, Man On Fire, he describes how it happened from his perspective. I thought the guy was dead so when he climbed out I actually cried.

(10-13-2021, 06:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The video makes it seem longer than it actually was. It’s still amazing he walked away from that not only because of the flames, but the impact.

F1 owes a huge debt of gratitude to Jackie Stewart. When he was a major star in F1 racing back in the 70s, he leveraged his stardom to lobby F1 and course owners to make the cars and tracks safer for drivers. He even went so far as to tell promoters and organizers on race day that he would withdraw from the race if certain immediate measures weren’t taken to improve safety. In one instance it was cutting down some trees that presented a hazard to cars if they went off course.

Stewart said something along the lines that racing had turned into a blood sport. ‘People believed race drivers had a death wish.’

There’s an excellent documentary on this. It’s a fascinating look at the evolution of safety in F1 race car driving.

Two minutes and forty-five seconds from crash to emergence. 

It's like someone said in the comments section, the safety rules for these guys is written in blood- literally.

(10-13-2021, 09:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Captain Kirk going to space today if anyone wants to watch.

After the flight everyone is popping champagne corks and celebrating while Shatner is standing to the side and waxing profound while Jeff Bezos pretends to care when all he wants to do is join in the festivities.

(10-13-2021, 11:05 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 04:24 AM)Sneakers Wrote: He was lucky to walk away from the crash itself, but that much time in the fire before he got out!!!  It's amazing what the suits can withstand.

It was two minutes and 45 seconds between the crash and when he got out. If you watch the episode this happens in, Man On Fire, he describes how it happened from his perspective. I thought the guy was dead so when he climbed out I actually cried.

(10-13-2021, 06:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The video makes it seem longer than it actually was. It’s still amazing he walked away from that not only because of the flames, but the impact.

It's like someone said in the comments section, the safety rules for these guys is written in blood- literally.

Roger Williamson burned to death in his car in 1973. No one was properly trained to deal with this so they just stood around while his teammate attempted in futility to save him. This is how far racing safety has evolved and gives you an idea of what Jackie Stewart was up against to force change.

https://youtu.be/RdcZcplcgh4

(10-13-2021, 11:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 09:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Captain Kirk going to space today if anyone wants to watch.

After the flight everyone is popping champagne corks and celebrating while Shatner is standing to the side and waxing profound while Jeff Bezos pretends to care when all he wants to do is join in the festivities.

Shatner's eloquent description of his feelings was the greatest advertisement for Blue Origin Bezos could have ever dreamed of.  That's why Bezos was standing there letting him talk.  He didn't want him to stop talking.

So I’m 3 months away from qualifying as an autonomous medical practitioner.. these last two days have been heavy on portfolio and coursework.. if I had hair, I’d be losing it (again).. but I’m trying to work out if I’m excited or scared!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-13-2021, 11:54 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So I’m 3 months away from qualifying as an autonomous medical practitioner.. these last two days have been heavy on portfolio and coursework.. if I had hair, I’d be losing it (again).. but I’m trying to work out if I’m excited or scared!!

What is an "autonomous medical practitioner?"   A doctor?  

By the way, congratulations.

No it’s like a paramedic, but I don’t have to run my decisions and care pathways by a senior clinician.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 12:13 PM by homebiscuit.)

(10-13-2021, 11:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 11:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: After the flight everyone is popping champagne corks and celebrating while Shatner is standing to the side and waxing profound while Jeff Bezos pretends to care when all he wants to do is join in the festivities.

Shatner's eloquent description of his feelings was the greatest advertisement for Blue Origin Bezos could have ever dreamed of.  That's why Bezos was standing there letting him talk.  He didn't want him to stop talking.

If you saw the whole thing Bezos turned away from him while he was talking and said to the others who were pulling out bottles of champagne, “Hey, I want one of those.” Then he turns to Shatner and says “You want one?” Only after Bezos had uncorked his bottle and sprayed champagne everywhere did he turn back to Shatner.

Bezos doesn’t need advertisement, he has wealthy people lined up for miles to take his carnival ride.

(10-13-2021, 11:54 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So I’m 3 months away from qualifying as an autonomous medical practitioner.. these last two days have been heavy on portfolio and coursework.. if I had hair, I’d be losing it (again).. but I’m trying to work out if I’m excited or scared!!

Best of luck to you, Darlo.

(10-13-2021, 12:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 11:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Shatner's eloquent description of his feelings was the greatest advertisement for Blue Origin Bezos could have ever dreamed of.  That's why Bezos was standing there letting him talk.  He didn't want him to stop talking.

If you saw the whole thing Bezos turned away from him while he was talking and said to the others who were pulling out bottles of champagne, “Hey, I want one of those.” Then he turns to Shatner and says “You want one?” Only after Bezos had uncorked his bottle and sprayed champagne everywhere did he turn back to Shatner.

Bezos doesn’t need advertisement, he has wealthy people lined up for miles to take his carnival ride.

Best of luck to you, Darlo.

Thanks guys!

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 03:35 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-13-2021, 11:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 11:05 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It was two minutes and 45 seconds between the crash and when he got out. If you watch the episode this happens in, Man On Fire, he describes how it happened from his perspective. I thought the guy was dead so when he climbed out I actually cried.

Roger Williamson burned to death in his car in 1973. No one was properly trained to deal with this so they just stood around while his teammate attempted in futility to save him. This is how far racing safety has evolved and gives you an idea of what Jackie Stewart was up against to force change.

That is tragic. Good grief.

(10-13-2021, 12:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 11:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Shatner's eloquent description of his feelings was the greatest advertisement for Blue Origin Bezos could have ever dreamed of.  That's why Bezos was standing there letting him talk.  He didn't want him to stop talking.

I thought that his comments were kind of profound... the way he talked about life and death.  It's almost like he is contemplating on what it's going to be like when he dies.  He talked about going from light to darkness in a split second.  He also talked about how delicate and fragile things are as it relates to the universe.

On a side note, he looks very good for a man who is 90 years old.  There is no doubt that his mind still works like he is 30 years younger.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.