Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kadraius Toney...Not so great of a start

(10-12-2021, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 01:24 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Toney is a stud. Would of been a great piece to help build this offense. ETN may look just as good, we just have no idea.

If Etienne is 100% next year he's gonna be a stud, no doubt in my mind.  Hopefully we run our offense like the Browns and we will have one of the best RB duos in the league along with the Browns.  The only people on this board didn't want him is because he's a Gator

ETN went to Clemson.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-14-2021, 06:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Etienne is 100% next year he's gonna be a stud, no doubt in my mind.  Hopefully we run our offense like the Browns and we will have one of the best RB duos in the league along with the Browns.  The only people on this board didn't want him is because he's a Gator

ETN went to Clemson.

School color is orange, it’s in the South. Close enough.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 09:07 AM by Mikey.)

(10-14-2021, 01:19 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Etienne is 100% next year he's gonna be a stud, no doubt in my mind.  Hopefully we run our offense like the Browns and we will have one of the best RB duos in the league along with the Browns.  The only people on this board didn't want him is because he's a Gator

Where is Robinson going? I assume Hyde is still #1 RB

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I think you mean Etienne OR Hyde is #1

ETN went to Clemson.

I didn't think I could snort-laugh, but there it is.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 09:11 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

ETN went to Clemson.

Toney went to Florida

(10-14-2021, 01:19 AM)p_rushing Wrote:

Where is Robinson going? I assume Hyde is still #1 RB

Robinson isn't going anywhere

(10-14-2021, 09:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 06:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: ETN went to Clemson.

Toney went to Florida

(10-14-2021, 01:19 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Where is Robinson going? I assume Hyde is still #1 RB

Yes he did, ETN did not. We didn't want him because he's a running back, not because he's a Tiger.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-14-2021, 09:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 09:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Toney went to Florida

Yes he did, ETN did not. We didn't want him because he's a running back, not because he's a Tiger.

The thread is about Toney.  People didn't want Toney because he's a Gator.  The only reason Etienne doesn't look like a great pick is because we have Robinson and he's our best player.  If we didn't have J Rob he would of been a great pick.  With that said if we run our offense like Cleveland does it could still be a good pick if Etienne is 100%.

(10-14-2021, 09:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 09:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes he did, ETN did not. We didn't want him because he's a running back, not because he's a Tiger.

The thread is about Toney.  People didn't want Toney because he's a Gator.  The only reason Etienne doesn't look like a great pick is because we have Robinson and he's our best player.  If we didn't have J Rob he would of been a great pick.  With that said if we run our offense like Cleveland does it could still be a good pick if Etienne is 100%.
Good grief.

This is why grammar is important.

You started your sentence talking about Etienne and then said "But people didn't want him because he went to Florida". You didn't change the conversation back to Toney so it makes it seem like you're still talking about ETN.

If I was you, I would OF made a new paragraph and brought the convo back to Toney.

(10-14-2021, 09:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes he did, ETN did not. We didn't want him because he's a running back, not because he's a Tiger.

Or maybe people didn't want Toney because he has been injured, under produced in college (outside of his last season), and has character concerns... I am fine with him proving me wrong, but I could give a [BLEEP] that he went to Florida. From my standpoint, people shot him up the boards based on a 40 time. I am always wary of that in the first round.

ETN looks like a bad pick because, like Toney, he's a luxury pick for a team that needs a finishing piece, not a team devoid of talent at all the important positions. The fact that Toney is a gata is kind of irrelevant because gata busts are traditionally defenders since most of their recent offensive players haven't really been NFL Draft material.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 11:11 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-14-2021, 10:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 09:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The thread is about Toney.  People didn't want Toney because he's a Gator.  The only reason Etienne doesn't look like a great pick is because we have Robinson and he's our best player.  If we didn't have J Rob he would of been a great pick.  With that said if we run our offense like Cleveland does it could still be a good pick if Etienne is 100%.
Good grief.

You started your sentence talking about Etienne and then said "But people didn't want him because he went to Florida". You didn't change the conversation back to Toney so it makes it seem like you're still talking about ETN.

If I was you, I would OF made a new paragraph and brought the convo back to Toney.
He's talking about 2 different players in the post.  In the first sentence he states Toney is a stud.  We're talking about 2 guys and 1 went Florida, it's not that hard to figure out who I was talking about.  Didn't mean to confuse you

(10-14-2021, 10:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 09:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The thread is about Toney.  People didn't want Toney because he's a Gator.  The only reason Etienne doesn't look like a great pick is because we have Robinson and he's our best player.  If we didn't have J Rob he would of been a great pick.  With that said if we run our offense like Cleveland does it could still be a good pick if Etienne is 100%.

ETN looks like a bad pick because, like Toney, he's a luxury pick for a team that needs a finishing piece, not a team devoid of talent at all the important positions. The fact that Toney is a gata is kind of irrelevant because gata busts are traditionally defenders since most of their recent offensive players haven't really been NFL Draft material.
Lol, a WR is far from a luxury pick on this team.

(10-14-2021, 10:37 AM)rufftime Wrote:

Or maybe people didn't want Toney because he has been injured, under produced in college (outside of his last season), and has character concerns...  I am fine with him proving me wrong, but I could give a [BLEEP] that he went to Florida.  From my standpoint, people shot him up the boards based on a 40 time.  I am always wary of that in the first round.

Maybe not you, but multiple people have said we shouldn't draft players from Florida.  I don't remember not one person on here saying they didn't want Toney because of his red flags even though character was a concern.  His 40 time was my biggest concern and when he ran a 4.3 I was even shocked

(10-14-2021, 11:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 10:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Good grief.

He's talking about 2 different players in the post.  In the first sentence he states Toney is a stud.  We're talking about 2 guys and 1 went Florida, it's not that hard to figure out who I was talking about.  Didn't mean to confuse you

(10-14-2021, 10:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: ETN looks like a bad pick because, like Toney, he's a luxury pick for a team that needs a finishing piece, not a team devoid of talent at all the important positions. The fact that Toney is a gata is kind of irrelevant because gata busts are traditionally defenders since most of their recent offensive players haven't really been NFL Draft material.

"If Etienne is 100% next year he's gonna be a stud, no doubt in my mind.  Hopefully we run our offense like the Browns and we will have one of the best RB duos in the league along with the Browns. The only people on this board didn't want him is because he's a Gator."

I'm sorry you struggle with the language, I forgot you're a gata fan. I should have smacked myself with a hammer so I could work on your level.

(10-14-2021, 11:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 10:37 AM)rufftime Wrote: Or maybe people didn't want Toney because he has been injured, under produced in college (outside of his last season), and has character concerns...  I am fine with him proving me wrong, but I could give a [BLEEP] that he went to Florida.  From my standpoint, people shot him up the boards based on a 40 time.  I am always wary of that in the first round.

Maybe not you, but multiple people have said we shouldn't draft players from Florida.  I don't remember not one person on here saying they didn't want Toney because of his red flags even though character was a concern.  His 40 time was my biggest concern and when he ran a 4.3 I was even shocked
hahahaha

(10-14-2021, 11:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 11:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Maybe not you, but multiple people have said we shouldn't draft players from Florida.  I don't remember not one person on here saying they didn't want Toney because of his red flags even though character was a concern.  His 40 time was my biggest concern and when he ran a 4.3 I was even shocked
hahahaha

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b48ce04b260737f47f...y.gif&ct=g]

(10-14-2021, 11:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 11:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Maybe not you, but multiple people have said we shouldn't draft players from Florida.  I don't remember not one person on here saying they didn't want Toney because of his red flags even though character was a concern.  His 40 time was my biggest concern and when he ran a 4.3 I was even shocked
hahahaha
Don't remember one person*. Can you show me a quote where someone didn't want Toney because of red flags?

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 01:31 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-14-2021, 11:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 11:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He's talking about 2 different players in the post.  In the first sentence he states Toney is a stud.  We're talking about 2 guys and 1 went Florida, it's not that hard to figure out who I was talking about.  Didn't mean to confuse you

"If Etienne is 100% next year he's gonna be a stud, no doubt in my mind.  Hopefully we run our offense like the Browns and we will have one of the best RB duos in the league along with the Browns. The only people on this board didn't want him is because he's a Gator."

I'm sorry you struggle with the language, I forgot you're a gata fan. I should have smacked myself with a hammer so I could work on your level.

In his post he mentioned Toney and Etienne, and one of them went to Florida.  I should of said Toney instead of "him" so you wouldn't of got confused so easily.

(10-14-2021, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 11:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "If Etienne is 100% next year he's gonna be a stud, no doubt in my mind.  Hopefully we run our offense like the Browns and we will have one of the best RB duos in the league along with the Browns. The only people on this board didn't want him is because he's a Gator."

In his post he mentioned Toney and Etienne and one of them went to Florida.  I should of said Toney instead of "him" so you wouldn't of got confused so easily.

Maybe you should have.

We didn't want Toney because we didn't need to further crowd the WR room. We wanted bulk on either side of the line. We wanted someone, anyone at safety. We wanted guys who were going to help speed the transition to a 3-4 D. We wanted a TE who could open the field for our shiny new QB. Heck, we didn't want an RB for many the same reasons. We already had players at that position, positional value was poop at that spot, and we had much greater needs across the roster where luxury picks were going to leave us with a porous D, a destroyed QB, or one-trick offense that would end up on the sidelines more than not.

school didn't mean a flippin thing. he was gone by the time our pick came up. So even if we coveted him over all other players not surnamed Lawrence, you'd be hard pressed without the use of a mirror to find anyone who would have wanted to trade up to get him.

(10-14-2021, 04:54 PM)Mikey Wrote:

We didn't want Toney because we didn't need to further crowd the WR room. We wanted bulk on either side of the line. We wanted someone, anyone at safety. We wanted guys who were going to help speed the transition to a 3-4 D. We wanted a TE who could open the field for our shiny new QB. Heck, we didn't want an RB for many the same reasons. We already had players at that position, positional value was poop at that spot, and we had much greater needs across the roster where luxury picks were going to leave us with a porous D, a destroyed QB, or one-trick offense that would end up on the sidelines more than not.

school didn't mean a flippin thing. he was gone by the time our pick came up. So even if we coveted him over all other players not surnamed Lawrence, you'd be hard pressed without the use of a mirror to find anyone who would have wanted to trade up to get him.

Who is "we" lol.  I don't remember anyone wanting a TE at 25, most didn't even want one at 33.  Who is this we you are talking about?  If Toney was available and we took him it would of been far from a crowded WR room.  WR is just as big a need as oline imo.  I think our oline is better than our WR group.  Nobody  said anything about trading up to get Toney, it was about if he was available.  Who did you want?

(10-14-2021, 05:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 04:54 PM)Mikey Wrote: We didn't want Toney because we didn't need to further crowd the WR room. We wanted bulk on either side of the line. We wanted someone, anyone at safety. We wanted guys who were going to help speed the transition to a 3-4 D. We wanted a TE who could open the field for our shiny new QB. Heck, we didn't want an RB for many the same reasons. We already had players at that position, positional value was poop at that spot, and we had much greater needs across the roster where luxury picks were going to leave us with a porous D, a destroyed QB, or one-trick offense that would end up on the sidelines more than not.

Who is "we" lol.  I don't remember anyone wanting a TE at 25, most didn't even want one at 33.  Who is this we you are talking about?  If Toney was available and we took him it would of been far from a crowded WR room.  WR is just as big a need as oline imo.  I think our oline is better than our WR group.  Nobody  said anything about trading up to get Toney, it was about if he was available.  Who did you want?

Sure, we know that WR is a need now, but it wasn't a need at the beginning of the season. As a matter of fact, we were supposed to have an extremely good WR group after grabbing Marvin Jones Jr.