Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kadraius Toney...Not so great of a start

PFT Link

Looks like we lucked out with ETN...

Toney, as noted by Duggan, has had a clunky start to his NFL career. His performances at rookie minicamp became undermined by a cleat issue (he did drills with one bare foot) and a minor injury. Then, he skipped three weeks of OTAs because he didn’t have a contract.
He signed last week and showed up for mandatory minicamp. Via Duggan, Toney slipped multiple times during Tuesday’s practice and left early. He was excused from Thursday’s practice due to a family emergency.
Toney’s skills are unquestionable, but he ultimately didn’t do much to help prepare for his rookie season. Training camp becomes much more important for him than it would have been.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was relieved when the Giants picked him and disappointed to find out we would have selected him at 25. It is still the off season and he will probably get better/ smoother as things progress. Best of luck to him.

Happy that we aren't dealing with it though.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2021, 01:02 PM by The Real Marty.)

Wow.  What the heck.

I guess sometimes you just get lucky.  Like the time Coughlin tried to trade away picks #9 and #21 to get pick #5 and draft Curtis Enis.  The Bears turned us down, and we drafted Fred Taylor and Donovin Darius instead.   

Let's hope this one turns out like that one.

(06-11-2021, 12:59 PM)rufftime Wrote: I was relieved when the Giants picked him and disappointed to find out we would have selected him at 25.  It is still the off season and he will probably get better/ smoother as things progress.  Best of luck to him.

Happy that we aren't dealing with it though.

I felt the same way.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2021, 06:10 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Lol, Toney will be fine.

"NY Giants' Kadarius Toney turning heads at minicamp" https://gmenhq.com/2021/06/11/ny-giants-...jones/amp/

He’s getting better every day,” NY Giants coach Joe Judge said Thursday. “One thing we are trying to build in is position flexibility with him and he’s handling that well right now from a mental standpoint. Like all of our players, the more we get them on the field, football movements and the conditioning improves, the better he will play. He did enough stuff yesterday that we can build on.

(06-11-2021, 06:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, Toney will be fine.

"NY Giants' Kadarius Toney turning heads at minicamp" https://gmenhq.com/2021/06/11/ny-giants-...jones/amp/

He’s getting better every day,” NY Giants coach Joe Judge said Thursday. “One thing we are trying to build in is position flexibility with him and he’s handling that well right now from a mental standpoint. Like all of our players, the more we get them on the field, football movements and the conditioning improves, the better he will play. He did enough stuff yesterday that we can build on.

It's the NY media, "rookie good" is a bread and butter article for them.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(06-11-2021, 09:01 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 06:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, Toney will be fine.  

It's the NY media, "rookie good" is a bread and butter article for them.
Its the head coach i just quoted.  Regardless, imagine thinking we lucked out because we werent able to draft a crazy talented and explosive rookie that is "stuggling" in June lol

We still wound up with a RB in round 1 so even if you think we got lucky the Giants took Toney from us it's not like we capitalized on it.

(06-12-2021, 10:36 PM)Upper Wrote: We still wound up with a RB in round 1 so even if you think we got lucky the Giants took Toney from us it's not like we capitalized on it.

That's only true if you don't think Travis Etienne was a good pick.  I think he was a great pick.

(06-12-2021, 10:36 PM)Upper Wrote: We still wound up with a RB in round 1 so even if you think we got lucky the Giants took Toney from us it's not like we capitalized on it.

I definitely agree with your stance on RB in general in the 1st and I would have preferred other players.

I still feel Etienne is/was a much better pick than Toney and has a chance to be a special RB. If the choice was always between these two, I am glad we got Etienne.

The players that we passed on never had a chance to be our pick. It sounds like Toney could have been. Thank FSM that we didn’t have the chance to pick him.

(06-13-2021, 02:26 PM)rufftime Wrote:

I definitely agree with your stance on RB in general in the 1st and I would have preferred other players.

I still feel Etienne is/was a much better pick than Toney and has a chance to be a special RB. If the choice was always between these two, I am glad we got Etienne.

The players that we passed on never had a chance to be our pick. It sounds like Toney could have been. Thank FSM that we didn’t have the chance to pick him.

Right, we made the 2nd worst pick we could have instead of the worst. I agree with that.

Yeah who would want a rookie just a few games in with 196 yards.  Would of been over 200 if he didn't throw that punch. The punch was stupid but there wasnr ever any doubt about his ability and how electric he is.

Toney and Pitts both had their break our games today.

(10-10-2021, 07:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Yeah who would want a rookie just a few games in with 196 yards.  Would of been over 200 if he didn't throw that punch. The punch was stupid but there wasnr ever any doubt about his ability and how electric he is.

Based on just what I've seen the last 3 weks, I'd take him.

(10-10-2021, 07:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I didn’t want Toney, but I have nothing against him. Good for him that he had great production.

“The punch was stupid,” yes it was. Something tells me this behavior will continue.

Toney is a stud. Would of been a great piece to help build this offense. ETN may look just as good, we just have no idea.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 01:50 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-12-2021, 01:24 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Toney is a stud. Would of been a great piece to help build this offense. ETN may look just as good, we just have no idea.

If Etienne is 100% next year he's gonna be a stud, no doubt in my mind.  Hopefully we run our offense like the Browns and we will have one of the best RB duos in the league along with the Browns. The only people on this board didn't want him is because he's a Gator

(10-12-2021, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 01:24 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Toney is a stud. Would of been a great piece to help build this offense. ETN may look just as good, we just have no idea.

If Etienne is 100% next year he's gonna be a stud, no doubt in my mind.  Hopefully we run our offense like the Browns and we will have one of the best RB duos in the league along with the Browns.  The only people on this board didn't want him is because he's a Gator

They'll both be good for spots of a few seasons, and then break down and become banged up like ETN is already. It's better to roll the dice on these smaller, more brittle gadget players after the first round. Availability trumps ability.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(10-12-2021, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

If Etienne is 100% next year he's gonna be a stud, no doubt in my mind.  Hopefully we run our offense like the Browns and we will have one of the best RB duos in the league along with the Browns. The only people on this board didn't want him is because he's a Gator

Where is Robinson going? I assume Hyde is still #1 RB

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk