Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 6 phins @ Jags***

(10-17-2021, 01:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’m still in shock that we actually pulled off a win!

Especially considering the fact we showed every indication that we were trying to give it away.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This game was 100% won in spite of the coaching.

Trevor the last 3 games y/a: 7.8, 8.3, 8.5.... this is elite... we have a [BLEEP] qb!!!!!!!!!!!

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 01:35 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-17-2021, 01:27 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: This game was 100% won in spite of the coaching.

Oh give it up already. It's a great win in spite of your negativity. 

Not for nothing but come on.

(10-17-2021, 12:58 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 12:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I will not make a Meyer joke
I will not make a Meyer joke

In spite of it all, felt like the game was well in hand. They just needed to reach out and grab it.

It was a grinding game. Game balls go to the kicker and team for that come from behind victory.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-17-2021, 01:34 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 01:27 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: This game was 100% won in spite of the coaching.

Oh give it up already. It's a great win in spite of your negativity. 

You watched the game and saw the problem. Quit pretending you're fine with what's going here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-17-2021, 01:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 01:34 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Oh give it up already. It's a great win in spite of your negativity. 

You watched the game and saw the problem. Quit pretending you're fine with what's going here.

I won't. There were some bad decisions made on the sidelines today.

even if the 4th & 1 was converted it was still the wrong call. You take the points and go up a TD there, this team isnt good enough to leave points off the board
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(10-17-2021, 01:44 PM)Firesky Wrote:

even if the 4th & 1 was converted it was still the wrong call. You take the points and go up a TD there, this team isnt good enough to leave points off the board

What is confusing is if they planned on going for it on 4th, the 3rd down call made no sense. The sequence is what bothered me, but at this moment.. who give a [BLEEP] lol... we won!

A joke of a comment.  Yes, changing the play call after the Miami timeout...going over the middle to get 9 yards while only using 4 seconds to set up a field goal had nothing to do with coaching.... right...

Let’s be real for a minute. Who in their right mind would think we’d win by a last minute field goal? Lol finally ends the streak.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Jaguars win!!! The streak is snapped. Very happy with the effort today. Who would have thought that Matthew Wright would hit 2/2 >50 yard fgs?
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(10-17-2021, 01:59 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Let’s be real for a minute. Who in their right mind would think we’d win by a last minute field goal? Lol finally ends the streak.

I certainly Did Not BUT I did have the notion that we would win in London. LMAO. I was too afraid to post it though.

My Bad.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 02:58 PM by JagFanatic24.)

With 5 seconds left in the game the whole world thought we were going for the Hail Mary, but we hit the quick slant instead.

That’s coaching.

(10-17-2021, 01:59 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Let’s be real for a minute. Who in their right mind would think we’d win by a last minute field goal? Lol finally ends the streak.

A few people predicted the Jags would win in the predictions thread. Nobody said on a last minute field goal tho.

I'll take a win like that anyday.   a win is a win. of course dolphins HC made bonehead call to to go for it though.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-17-2021, 01:48 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 01:44 PM)Firesky Wrote: even if the 4th & 1 was converted it was still the wrong call. You take the points and go up a TD there, this team isnt good enough to leave points off the board

What is confusing is if they planned on going for it on 4th, the 3rd down call made no sense. The sequence is what bothered me, but at this moment.. who give a [BLEEP] lol... we won!

I do have a question. I feel like every fan I have ever met makes the same comment "if you are going for it on 4th, with the why didn't you run the ball on 3rd down."

If is is that pervasive of a concept, do coaches just overthink it? I mean the defense and other teams have to be also thinking, they will probably go for it on 4th so they may run the ball on 3rd.

I know most of us didn't like the 3rd down call, but saying it is obvious they should be running the ball there seems too simplistic.

Literally just got home from the game. Ending was incredible. Trevor throwing for that extra yardage with 5 secs left and then the FG. People were going crazy.

I went with 2 mates who are Phins fans. Just amazing

(10-17-2021, 12:48 PM)ClemsonJag Wrote: Maybe a quick 12 yard out route to kick with:01 left?

Not an out route, but man, you were dead on otherwise.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-17-2021, 12:43 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Ok...that was a horrendous decision by the Dolphins. Looks like there are others out there like us...

Yep. I read a couple of thier message boards this week. They are more down on thier team/coaches than we are. Many on there were expecting a Jags win.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Does someone have the Jags radio broadcast of the kicks and last few plays?