Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Settle down pitchfork and torch crowd. Meyer isn't going anywhere for the near future

This team was gutted for pieces. Lost a lot of good players in 2 years. It's time to relax and watch the rise out of the ashes

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-24-2021, 12:31 AM)Jag88 Wrote: This team was gutted for pieces. Lost a lot of good players in 2 years. It's time to relax and watch the rise out of the ashes

To this I Comcur.

Nobody is trying to run Myer out of town OP.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-24-2021, 12:26 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 06:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They did a [BLEEP] job of analyzing what they had to work with and augmenting it with what was required to succeed.
Now, they've also gotten off to a craptastic start at implementing the talent they do have on Sundays.

They did say that the o-line was the one part of this team that could remain stable while the rest of the squad required talent everywhere.  That announcement was met with universal derision on these boards.  Contrary to the mob's position, though, it's proven to be well-judged.  Reasoned, rational criticism of UM should at least start with that acknowledgement.

They were wrong about RT and so far haven't done anything to fix it despite drafting a tackle early. 

If the only defense of these guys after a litany of errors is "they liked the o-line and it doesn't suck" then you've still got a mountain to climb before balancing the good and bad decisions.

I'm tired of these false alarms. I orders a pitchfork 2 years ago and it's still sitting in the closet collecting dust.

(10-24-2021, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 12:26 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: They did say that the o-line was the one part of this team that could remain stable while the rest of the squad required talent everywhere.  That announcement was met with universal derision on these boards.  Contrary to the mob's position, though, it's proven to be well-judged.  Reasoned, rational criticism of UM should at least start with that acknowledgement.

They were wrong about RT and so far haven't done anything to fix it despite drafting a tackle early. 

If the only defense of these guys after a litany of errors is "they liked the o-line and it doesn't suck" then you've still got a mountain to climb before balancing the good and bad decisions.

The line looks better because Lawrence is good.

(10-24-2021, 10:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm tired of these false alarms.  I orders a pitchfork 2 years ago and it's still sitting in the closet collecting dust.

You got yours before the pandemic then, mine's sitting on a ship off California waiting to be unloaded.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2021, 11:47 AM by Newton. Edited 2 times in total.)

Lawrence and James Robinson have me excited for the future of this team. I feel like defense can be bought with free agency more than anything else, and we have a ton of cap space. I want to see this team be competitive and close out more games. More importantly (but linked), I want to see Trevor continue his development. I have little doubt we will. Right now, we currently have something we have never had before, and that is a quarterback with a truly elite skill set. Even more so, he has the personality and demeanor that are a perfect fit for this town overall. Urban Meyer hopefully will be a success. We should all be rooting for his growth the second half of this year as well.

(10-24-2021, 10:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: They were wrong about RT and so far haven't done anything to fix it despite drafting a tackle early. 

Even if you give Meyer the dubious credit of recognizing part of the line's issues were from Minshew not seeing the field and getting rid of the ball on  time (knowing Lawrence would be better)  - We're still left with a dozen (or two dozen depending on who you ask) bad decisions that simply shouldn't have been made so poorly. And it's the sum of them that is scary. 

I'm caught between two things to hope for. Not sure between these which way to go:
  • Either hope Meyer/Baalke continue to make crap decisions so they will be shown the door ASAP - or -
  • Hope they turn it around by the end of this season - ride with the good draft position - and pray they don't [BLEEP] the bed next Spring and Summer like they did this time around. 

I'm on the fence here.

(10-24-2021, 12:26 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 06:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They did a [BLEEP] job of analyzing what they had to work with and augmenting it with what was required to succeed.
Now, they've also gotten off to a craptastic start at implementing the talent they do have on Sundays.

They did say that the o-line was the one part of this team that could remain stable while the rest of the squad required talent everywhere.  That announcement was met with universal derision on these boards.  Contrary to the mob's position, though, it's proven to be well-judged.  Reasoned, rational criticism of UM should at least start with that acknowledgement.

I admit that I was one of the ones who criticized keeping the offensive line.  The coaching staff was right.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-24-2021, 12:13 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 12:26 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: They did say that the o-line was the one part of this team that could remain stable while the rest of the squad required talent everywhere.  That announcement was met with universal derision on these boards.  Contrary to the mob's position, though, it's proven to be well-judged.  Reasoned, rational criticism of UM should at least start with that acknowledgement.

I admit that I was one of the ones who criticized keeping the offensive line.  The coaching staff was right.

So you're good with Jawaan Taylor? 

Are you giving Cam big money to remain at LT next year? 

Where does Little fit in?  Would you get him time at RT this season since Taylor looks, wait for it,  "horrendous" there?

I would like to add some more tid bits. I have watched plenty of Jimmy Johnson videos. Do you know how he started to build the Cowboys? I am paraphrasing but what he pretty much said, "I had to weed out the good from the bad."

-Jimmy took that 1-15 year and weeded out the players who either did not want to be there, did not buy into his vision, just not talented enough, or just did not fit the scheme.

-Jimmy Knew he had to hit in the draft. We are only about a 1/3 into this season so it's way too early to judge this class either way. It's really going to be at least a year or two before we start seeing the fruits or lack there of this class.

(10-24-2021, 12:29 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I would like to add some more tid bits. I have watched plenty of Jimmy Johnson videos. 

We didn't hire Jimmy Johnson.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2021, 12:35 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(10-24-2021, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 12:13 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I admit that I was one of the ones who criticized keeping the offensive line.  The coaching staff was right.

So you're good with Jawaan Taylor? 

Are you giving Cam big money to remain at LT next year? 

Where does Little fit in?  Would you get him time at RT this season since Taylor looks, wait for it,  "horrendous" there?

Robinson has actually been solid this year.  I do not know how much his agent and him have it mind but it depends on the money.  An upper tier contract without breaking the bank could be a win/win for both teams.  Taylor will get more time to prove or disprove he is the guy.  If not, the hope is Walker little could step into either role if needed.

(10-24-2021, 12:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 12:29 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I would like to add some more tid bits. I have watched plenty of Jimmy Johnson videos. 

We didn't hire Jimmy Johnson.

I understand, but my point is you have to start from some where.  My point is dismissing Meyer already could be a huge mistake.  1-15 teams that are coming off a 15 game losing streak are not fixed over night.  I think many of the fanbase were delusional with how fast it would happen.

(10-24-2021, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: They were wrong about RT and so far haven't done anything to fix it despite drafting a tackle early. 

(10-24-2021, 10:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm tired of these false alarms.  I orders a pitchfork 2 years ago and it's still sitting in the closet collecting dust.

You got yours before the pandemic then, mine's sitting on a ship of California waiting to be unloaded.

I'm new to this site and I gotta say that you two are odd choices for moderators.  You're anything but moderate in your passionate defense of the idea that every single thing in Jaguarland sucks, including the curtains.  Of course, I'm assuming that the goal of this site is to curate a collection of Jaguars enthusiasts.  The goal may actually be to create a community of bitter, sarcastic and depressed internet loners.  In which case keep kicking goals.  You're doing a Crackerjack job.

(10-24-2021, 03:55 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 10:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The line looks better because Lawrence is good.

You got yours before the pandemic then, mine's sitting on a ship of California waiting to be unloaded.

I'm new to this site and I gotta say that you two are odd choices for moderators.  You're anything but moderate in your passionate defense of the idea that every single thing in Jaguarland sucks, including the curtains.  Of course, I'm assuming that the goal of this site is to curate a collection of Jaguars enthusiasts.  The goal may actually be to create a community of bitter, sarcastic and depressed internet loners.  In which case keep kicking goals.  You're doing a Crackerjack job.
You should have just stopped at "I'm new" - because you clearly don't have a grasp on the history of what we've endured and what it has done to my personal optimism for underperforming coaches and managers. 

And your analysis sucks. I don't think everything in Jaguarland sucks. I just think the current regime is mismanaging the few good things we have and failing to build around them sufficiently. 

We have a QB that may be on a rare elite level in the very near future, we have an all-pro level RB, we have a very good pass rusher in Allen and a quality starter at CB in Griffin. The current regime gets credit for the CB there, lucked into the QB there and has done a crap job pretty much everywhere else. That's the end of the good stuff. 

Here's the "maybes" :

If The CB2 they drafted ever figures out how to locate the ball when he isn't actively facing the QB, he might be good. I'm cautiously optimistic he has an epiphany. 

If the OT they drafted early ever gets to see the field we may know if we can have hope for his future. I like his upside, but ... who knows? 

If they ever decide to allow their FS to actually play football with the other 21 players on the field during obvious pass downs instead of backpedaling him into the tunnel, we might find out if Cisco is any good. Not holding my breath. They seem content to allow 12 yard passes all day long while a dubious starter runs deep and prevents the big TD should someone else miss the tackle. Then when we've got the end zone at our back for a boundary, the defense can hopefully  force 3 points instead of 6. Hey, the safety can't play 30 yards off in the red-zone. LOL

So far, all we've really got is mismanagement, poor decision-making, poor coaching, and the above "unknowns." 

What exactly am I supposed to be spraying sunshine and rainbows about? 
I've praised the QB and RB pretty relentlessly on this board. 
Hasn't been much more to get excited about. 

BTW - I'm a season ticket holder and I've attended the two games I could be in town for this year.  I'll attend at least 3 more, and I don't plan to give up my seats anytime soon. You'll pardon me for having an opinion about the mismanagement of a team I've supported obsessively since its inception.

(10-24-2021, 03:55 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 10:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The line looks better because Lawrence is good.

[Image: robert-downey-jr-praise-the-lord.gif]

Moderators aren't here to cheerlead, we're here to enforce the CoC.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I honestly don't get how you can hate on Marrone and DC but defend Baalke and Meyer (at least with what they've shown so far).
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-24-2021, 10:36 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I honestly don't get how you can hate on Marrone and DC but defend Baalke and Meyer (at least with what they've shown so far).

Marrone is every bit as good as Meyer.

You got yours before the pandemic then, mine's sitting on a ship off California waiting to be unloaded.

Lol ... that was good.

Marrone was horrible. Hes a nice guy but that was about it