Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 08:35 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-28-2021, 08:29 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 08:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It all stems from them being scared to death of Ron in 2024. Truth amd reason were tossed out the window long ago.
Dude. I hope Ron runs in 2024.

I think a lot of people have no issue with Ron or republicans in general. It’s Trump and Trump alone that many dislike. 

So it’s not being “scared to death of Ron”.

There is literally no other explanation for the ongoing 2 year hit piece on Florida and RD. The MSM got their marching orders a long time ago on this one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-28-2021, 08:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It all stems from them being scared to death of Ron in 2024. Truth amd reason were tossed out the window long ago.

I think a lot of people have no issue with Ron or republicans in general. It’s Trump and Trump alone that many dislike. 

It's exactly because moderates don't hate Ron that the progressive media is "scared to death of Ron." Stroud's not talking about the people. He's talking about Democrats.

(10-28-2021, 08:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 08:29 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude. I hope Ron runs in 2024.

There is literally no other explanation for the ongoing 2 year hit piece on Florida and RD. The MSM got their marching orders a long time ago on this one.

You can rest assured they’re going through his life with a fine toothed comb.

He was the legal representative for a SEAL team deployed to Iraq. My guess is they’ll find an al-qaeda member who got roughed up and parade him around as some kind of martyr against U.S. military malfeasance abetted by DeSantis. 
That seems like a surreal scenario but we’ve seen the depths democrats and the MSM will stoop to in order to discredit an opponent. 

And of course there will be the racist/white supremacist gauntlet he’ll have to endure. That’s almost de rigueur with the left now, especially if they’re losing on the policy front.

(10-28-2021, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 08:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There is literally no other explanation for the ongoing 2 year hit piece on Florida and RD. The MSM got their marching orders a long time ago on this one.

You can rest assured they’re going through his life with a fine toothed comb.

He was the legal representative for a SEAL team deployed to Iraq. My guess is they’ll find an al-qaeda member who got roughed up and parade him around as some kind of martyr against U.S. military malfeasance abetted by DeSantis. 
That seems like a surreal scenario but we’ve seen the depths democrats and the MSM will stoop to in order to discredit an opponent. 

And of course there will be the racist/white supremacist gauntlet he’ll have to endure. That’s almost de rigueur with the left now, especially if they’re losing on the policy front.

The ironic thing is that a Republican president is good for their ratings because they are at historic lows right now.

Ron will be a tough target. He jist keeps adding wins to the pile, with the latest probably being saving Christmas with Port relief. 

DeSanta  Clause. Yep, hire me as campaign worker. I got this.

(10-27-2021, 10:43 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 04:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Damn dude, since when does "lowered" translate to "non-existent"? Because for a significant period of time the vaccines offer reductions in transmission regardless of the increased or more rapid erosion created by Delta compared to Alpha. As I've been saying. even though you keep trying to say it doesn't say that but says some other thing that you're harping on to try and make me look evil.

I never said non-existent. I specifically stated that the vaccination does not PREVENT the spread of covid. You said it reduced it, and I am saying not by enough to fire 4% of your work force. This study confirms my position that, even though it does reduce transmission of Covid, it's predominantly in the elderly, for the first 3 months (before dropping off to nearly 0), and doesn't affect the work place. So, who cares that it reduces it a little. That's not my point. The point is you shouldn't be firing anyone. It's not a scientific position. It's a liability decision. 

I never said you were evil. I just think you're being a nincompoop whose short-sighted decisions are directly and indirectly hurting healthcare. Honestly, I'd be shocked if these types of hair-brained decisions weren't hurting your hospitals bottom line.

I can't get you to understand that "reducing" means "preventing" can I? It's just right beyond your ability to accept that "reducing" transmission" means that in many cases it "prevented" it. If 10 people are exposed and the vaccine prevents 6 of them from getting sick then guess what? Prevention. If 1 of those 4 who got it was vaccinated then they don't transmit it forward. You know what you call that? Prevention. You say it doesn't prevent it. Then you say it doesn't prevent it enough. Then you say it's "just a little". Then "it doesn't matter in the workplace". You keep having to change your position to maintain your belief that the vaccine isn't working when overwhelmingly the admission data shows that it is. The people hurting healthcare are those who don't get the shot and then overwhelm our staff and facilities when a wave comes through. We're wasting money treating people we didn't have to because they are too whatever you want to call it to just get the shot.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 09:56 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

They will hammer him for pushing back on mask mandates, vax mandates, etc. but will fail once the CoVid data in Fla is compared to other states with lockdowns and its shown that it has hardly made a difference to both the infection rate and the economy. The last thing Dems and MSM seem to want is for people to retain personal choice without fear of unwarranted consequences.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-28-2021, 08:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Florida now has the lowest COVID Case rate in the United States. All without mask mandates, vaccine coercion or lockdowns.

#SCIENCE

Makes sense since we were the most at risk for the Delta variant that nuked us for the last 5 months. We're through it while others aren't yet.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

"Delta" variant...

Created by leaky vaccines.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 10:59 AM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-28-2021, 09:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 10:43 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I never said non-existent. I specifically stated that the vaccination does not PREVENT the spread of covid. You said it reduced it, and I am saying not by enough to fire 4% of your work force. This study confirms my position that, even though it does reduce transmission of Covid, it's predominantly in the elderly, for the first 3 months (before dropping off to nearly 0), and doesn't affect the work place. So, who cares that it reduces it a little. That's not my point. The point is you shouldn't be firing anyone. It's not a scientific position. It's a liability decision. 

I never said you were evil. I just think you're being a nincompoop whose short-sighted decisions are directly and indirectly hurting healthcare. Honestly, I'd be shocked if these types of hair-brained decisions weren't hurting your hospitals bottom line.

I can't get you to understand that "reducing" means "preventing" can I? It's just right beyond your ability to accept that "reducing" transmission" means that in many cases it "prevented" it. If 10 people are exposed and the vaccine prevents 6 of them from getting sick then guess what? Prevention. If 1 of those 4 who got it was vaccinated then they don't transmit it forward. You know what you call that? Prevention. You say it doesn't prevent it. Then you say it doesn't prevent it enough. Then you say it's "just a little". Then "it doesn't matter in the workplace". You keep having to change your position to maintain your belief that the vaccine isn't working when overwhelmingly the admission data shows that it is. The people hurting healthcare are those who don't get the shot and then overwhelm our staff and facilities when a wave comes through. We're wasting money treating people we didn't have to because they are too whatever you want to call it to just get the shot.

I am not changing my position. You're the one posting a study that came out AFTER you fired healthcare workers. That's super great following the science. But, that said, maybe you think I am changing my position because I constantly have to keep adapting to you. I understand what you are saying when you're talking about reduction being prevention, but, so we're clear, when I say it's not preventing it, I mean specifically that vaccinated people can and do still carry this virus. It still spreads through them. The vaccine alone is not sufficient for stopping Covid. However, the argument of reduction or prevention is not important to me, so I will use your terminology. 

If we take your position and flesh it through, I would argue that you are leaving very important bits out of the equation. Do the same thing with natural immunity. You end up with the same scenario above, but with better results long term. If 10 people are exposed to the virus, and 6 of them have recovered, then guess what? Prevention. I could keep parroting your example, but you get the point. How many of the people you fired already had natural immunity? Do you even know? Of course not, because that wasn't a factor in your decision. 

I am talking about a wholistic approach to data interpretation, and you're starting and stopping with the vaccine. If you would actually compare the reduction offered by combining natural immunity and demographic risk factors, then subtract that from the reduction provided by the vaccine, you would realize that it's not that different, ESPECIALLY not for people who are healthy under 50. I can't emphasize that enough. 

Can you even do that? Do you have the data in front of you to make that type of comparison? No. You don't. Because it's not provided. Is firing 4% of the work force, who have likely already been exposed to the virus, because they don't want to take a NOVEL vaccine with NO longterm studies, rational? Does that help healthcare? Does that help your bottom line? 

The answer to those questions are all no, but you don't care. You are not actually informed. You're working with very limited information. You can't actually make the suggested comparison above because that data doesn't exist. So, spare me. You're not following the science. You're following the CDC. You're doing what they say because you know there's a potential liability issue. They aren't providing the data. So, while your rationale may make sense to you, it's just speculation, and your hospital is erring on the side of covering its [BLEEP]. 

Until this vaccine has been tested long term, spare me the bloviation about hospitals being overwhelmed for a whole 2 months. Newsflash, unless their is some mutant variant, that is going to go down each year because more and more people will have natural immunity. Geez, dude. It's not rocket science.

(10-28-2021, 10:58 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 09:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I can't get you to understand that "reducing" means "preventing" can I? It's just right beyond your ability to accept that "reducing" transmission" means that in many cases it "prevented" it. If 10 people are exposed and the vaccine prevents 6 of them from getting sick then guess what? Prevention. If 1 of those 4 who got it was vaccinated then they don't transmit it forward. You know what you call that? Prevention. You say it doesn't prevent it. Then you say it doesn't prevent it enough. Then you say it's "just a little". Then "it doesn't matter in the workplace". You keep having to change your position to maintain your belief that the vaccine isn't working when overwhelmingly the admission data shows that it is. The people hurting healthcare are those who don't get the shot and then overwhelm our staff and facilities when a wave comes through. We're wasting money treating people we didn't have to because they are too whatever you want to call it to just get the shot.

I am not changing my position. You're the one posting a study that came out AFTER you fired healthcare workers. That's super great following the science. But, that said, maybe you think I am changing my position because I constantly have to keep adapting to you. I understand what you are saying when you're talking about reduction being prevention, but, so we're clear, when I say it's not preventing it, I mean specifically that vaccinated people can and do still carry this virus. It still spreads through them. The vaccine alone is not sufficient for stopping Covid. However, the argument of reduction or prevention is not important to me, so I will use your terminology. 

If we take your position and flesh it through, I would argue that you are leaving very important bits out of the equation. Do the same thing with natural immunity. You end up with the same scenario above, but with better results long term. If 10 people are exposed to the virus, and 6 of them have recovered, then guess what? Prevention. I could keep parroting your example, but you get the point. How many of the people you fired already had natural immunity? Do you even know? Of course not, because that wasn't a factor in your decision. 

I am talking about a wholistic approach to data interpretation, and you're starting and stopping with the vaccine. If you would actually compare the reduction offered by combining natural immunity and demographic risk factors, then subtract that from the reduction provided by the vaccine, you would realize that it's not that different, ESPECIALLY not for people who are healthy under 50. I can't emphasize that enough. 

Can you even do that? Do you have the data in front of you to make that type of comparison? No. You don't. Because it's not provided. Is firing 4% of the work force, who have likely already been exposed to the virus, because they don't want to take a NOVEL vaccine with NO longterm studies, rational? Does that help healthcare? Does that help your bottom line? 

The answer to those questions are all no, but you don't care. You are not actually informed. You're working with very limited information. You can't actually make the suggested comparison above because that data doesn't exist. So, spare me. You're not following the science. You're following the CDC. You're doing what they say because you know there's a potential liability issue. They aren't providing the data. So, while your rationale may make sense to you, it's just speculation, and your hospital is erring on the side of covering its [BLEEP]. 

Until this vaccine has been tested long term, spare me the bloviation about hospitals being overwhelmed for a whole 2 months. Newsflash, unless their is some mutant variant, that is going to go down each year because more and more people will have natural immunity. Geez, dude. It's not rocket science.

The answers to your questions are "yes", "yes", and "no". Not that you care since you've already decided our motivations for the actions we've taken. And you're right, it's not rocket science, it's virology, epidemiology, and public health, all of which support the actions we've taken.

I usually don't click on this topic but wanted to see how it got to 370 pages and came across the above post and could not agree more with the the bolded statements.

Barring any major controversies leading up to the election, Ron wins in a landslide.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 01:15 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

(10-28-2021, 12:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

I usually don't click on this topic but wanted to see how it got to 370 pages and came across the above post and could not agree more with the the bolded statements.

Barring any major controversies leading up to the election, Ron wins in a landslide.

Agreed. The guy went to Harvard and Harvard Law School, so the elites can't call him an uneducated hick. He was a decorated SEAL, so he's got the support of the military and the admiration of most everyone except Antifa and BLM idiots. He's got a smart savvy wife who was a News Anchor here in Jax who knows the media games in and out. He is fiercely for personal liberties, even if it is unpopular with some. Contrast that with ANY candidate the Dems could counter with, never mind who is in office now. Mayor Pete? Beto? Bernie? he demolishes them all.

Personally, i would love to see him run on the ticket with Tulsi Gabbard as VP, tho it'll prob never happen.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

[Image: FeZIWhP2.jpeg]

(10-28-2021, 02:35 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [Image: FeZIWhP2.jpeg]

"There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be attainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will." - Einstein, 1932

First human-initiated self sustaining nuclear chain reaction initiated - December 2nd, 1942

It's amazing what can be achieved in a mere 10 years. Maybe you'd like to look at something that isn't 10 years old?

https://www.mdpi.com/journal/vaccines/sp...A_vaccines

(10-28-2021, 01:11 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 12:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I usually don't click on this topic but wanted to see how it got to 370 pages and came across the above post and could not agree more with the the bolded statements.

Agreed.  The guy went to Harvard and Harvard Law School, so the elites can't call him an uneducated hick.  He was a decorated SEAL, so he's got the support of the military and the admiration of most everyone except Antifa and BLM idiots.  He's got a smart savvy wife who was a News Anchor here in Jax who knows the media games in and out. He is fiercely for personal liberties, even if it is unpopular with some.  Contrast that with ANY candidate the Dems could counter with, never mind who is in office now.  Mayor Pete?  Beto?  Bernie?  he demolishes them all.

Personally, i would love to see him run on the ticket with Tulsi Gabbard as VP, tho it'll prob never happen.

VP -- Condoleezza Rice would be a strong running mate but I don't think she wants that type of political commitment at this time.

(10-28-2021, 12:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I usually don't click on this topic but wanted to see how it got to 370 pages and came across the above post and could not agree more with the the bolded statements.

Agreed.  The guy went to Harvard and Harvard Law School, so the elites can't call him an uneducated hick.  He was a decorated SEAL, so he's got the support of the military and the admiration of most everyone except Antifa and BLM idiots.  He's got a smart savvy wife who was a News Anchor here in Jax who knows the media games in and out. He is fiercely for personal liberties, even if it is unpopular with some.  Contrast that with ANY candidate the Dems could counter with, never mind who is in office now.  Mayor Pete?  Beto?  Bernie?  he demolishes them all.

DeSantis was attached to SEAL team as a legal representative. He wasn't an actual SEAL.

(10-28-2021, 03:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 01:11 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Agreed.  The guy went to Harvard and Harvard Law School, so the elites can't call him an uneducated hick.  He was a decorated SEAL, so he's got the support of the military and the admiration of most everyone except Antifa and BLM idiots.  He's got a smart savvy wife who was a News Anchor here in Jax who knows the media games in and out. He is fiercely for personal liberties, even if it is unpopular with some.  Contrast that with ANY candidate the Dems could counter with, never mind who is in office now.  Mayor Pete?  Beto?  Bernie?  he demolishes them all.

DeSantis was attached to SEAL team as a legal representative. He wasn't an actual SEAL.

Ah, good point. I missed that.

(10-28-2021, 03:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 02:35 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [Image: FeZIWhP2.jpeg]

"There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be attainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will." - Einstein, 1932

First human-initiated self sustaining nuclear chain reaction initiated - December 2nd, 1942

It's amazing what can be achieved in a mere 10 years. Maybe you'd like to look at something that isn't 10 years old?

No thanks experimental drug pusher, I'll in remain the control group. Enjoy your yearly booster or your destroyed immune system.

(10-28-2021, 03:35 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 03:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be attainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will." - Einstein, 1932

No thanks experimental drug pusher, I'll in remain the control group. Enjoy your yearly booster or your destroyed immune system.

Ignorant you are and so you choose to remain.

Tulsi Gabbard was the only democrat who ran that I somewhat could handle.  My biggest issue with her is her stance on the 2nd amendment.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.