Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(10-31-2021, 03:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, my duaghter and son-in-law just tested positive.  I know both have asthma and my son-in-law has sleep apnea.  Hopefully they're good.  Neither vaccinated.

Are they symptomatic? Hope for a quick recovery.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-31-2021, 03:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, my duaghter and son-in-law just tested positive.  I know both have asthma and my son-in-law has sleep apnea.  Hopefully they're good.  Neither vaccinated.

Hoping for the best for them.

Do they have access to treatment/therapies, like Regeneron, etc. that have been developed?  Seems like the sooner they get treated, the much better their outcome is likely to be.

(10-31-2021, 03:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Are they symptomatic? Hope for a quick recovery.

Seeing as my son-in-law in law is a conspiracy theorist, they must be feeling pretty bad to have gotten tested.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-31-2021, 04:19 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 03:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are they symptomatic? Hope for a quick recovery.

Seeing as my son-in-law in law is a conspiracy theorist, they must be feeling pretty bad to have gotten tested.

Did they get tested without showing symptoms? Anywho,  hope all is well.

(10-31-2021, 04:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 04:19 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Seeing as my son-in-law in law is a conspiracy theorist, they must be feeling pretty bad to have gotten tested.

Did they get tested without showing symptoms? Anywho,  hope all is well.

They've been sick since Tuesday.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-31-2021, 04:37 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 04:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Did they get tested without showing symptoms? Anywho,  hope all is well.

They've been sick since Tuesday.

Sorry to hear that, hope they get past it soon.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ditto

My husband has bad asthma and bad sleep apnea and is not vaccinated and had hardly any symptoms. BUT- his was all in the sinuses. Had it gone into into his chest it likely would have been a different story. My SIL has similar issues with asthma and her doctor out her on prednisone and doxycycline to head off any serious chest issues. She had some chest congestion but nothing that sent her to the hospital. A lot of hers was also sinus.

Hopefully your daughter and SIL will have similar outcomes.

Jen Psaki has COVID-19.

Let's circle back to that....

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 08:48 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-01-2021, 08:46 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Let's circle back to that....

I mean, the cynic in me calls bull [BLEEP] and thinks she just doesn't want to answer questions about her boss pooping his pants on the world stage.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 11:53 AM by p_rushing. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-01-2021, 08:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 08:46 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Let's circle back to that....

I mean, the cynic in me calls bull [BLEEP] and thinks she just doesn't want to answer questions about her boss pooping his pants on the world stage.

She has been out since Wed., the day after she met with Biden and he coughed into his hand and then shakes hands with everyone. Then tests positive 4 days later .... isn't that the infection timeline?

She says someone in her family got it, I guess her family is just special with all their breakthrough cases.

(11-01-2021, 11:51 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 08:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I mean, the cynic in me calls bull [BLEEP] and thinks she just doesn't want to answer questions about her boss pooping his pants on the world stage.

She has been out since Wed., the day after she met with Biden and he coughed into his hand and then shakes hands with everyone. Then tests positive 4 days later .... isn't that the infection timeline?

She says someone in her family got it, I guess her family is just special with all their breakthrough cases.

Obviously she just missed her booster.. that's the only explanation Smile

How can you continue to support the CDC as a legitimate, scientific organization. Look at this cherry-picked data. Read the comments if you need help.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousd...2sJwdqyE_I

What the hell? A "covid-like illness" requires a covid vaccine? That alone should raise red flags never mind the rest of it.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 09:02 PM by mal234. Edited 3 times in total.)

I found out from one of my co-workers that we are eligible to get the booster shot due to our job. I won't get mine until at least about two weeks from now. I just took my flu shot on Saturday, so I am going to wait a bit before I get the booster. I am glad that I took my flu shot for the year and felt good afterwards taking it. I may wait until like December so that it's closer to the time I received my first Covid vaccination shot which was in January 2020. That would make it closer to a year.

Also, those of us that are federal employees have until November 22nd to be fully vaccinated. Some of us at work have already provided proof (showing our vaccination cards/photocopies of them) and filled out a form confirming we are fully vaccinated. They want us to have that form filled out by the end of this week.  They reminded us of this in like early October and had us sign another forms saying if we didn't get vaccinated by the November 22nd date we would have to either resign or retire from our jobs.

I believe I have at least one co-worker who is still refusing to be vaccinated and may end up leaving. It looks like she won't appear on the schedule anymore after November 14th. I had some other co-workers who initially refused to take the vaccine but I believe they came around once it dawned on them they really would lose their jobs/and their good benefits.

(11-01-2021, 08:58 PM)mal234 Wrote: I found out from one of my co-workers that we are eligible to get the booster shot due to our job. I won't get mine until at least about two weeks from now. I just took my flu shot on Saturday, so I am going to wait a bit before I get the booster. I am glad that I took my flu shot for the year and felt good afterwards taking it. I may wait until like December so that it's closer to the time I received my first Covid vaccination shot which was in January 2020. That would make it closer to a year.

Also, those of us that are federal employees have until November 22nd to be fully vaccinated. Some of us at work have already provided proof (showing our vaccination cards/photocopies of them) and filled out a form confirming we are fully vaccinated. They want us to have that form filled out by the end of this week.  They reminded us of this in like early October and had us sign another forms saying if we didn't get vaccinated by the November 22nd date we would have to either resign or retire from our jobs.

I believe I have at least one co-worker who is still refusing to be vaccinated and may end up leaving. It looks like she won't appear on the schedule anymore after November 14th. I had some other co-workers who initially refused to take the vaccine but I believe they came around once it dawned on them they really would lose their jobs/and their good benefits.

Have you received any actual guidance on when you need to take your booster or are you just winging it based on it being a year?

(11-01-2021, 09:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 08:58 PM)mal234 Wrote: I found out from one of my co-workers that we are eligible to get the booster shot due to our job. I won't get mine until at least about two weeks from now. I just took my flu shot on Saturday, so I am going to wait a bit before I get the booster. I am glad that I took my flu shot for the year and felt good afterwards taking it. I may wait until like December so that it's closer to the time I received my first Covid vaccination shot which was in January 2020. That would make it closer to a year.

Have you received any actual guidance on when you need to take your booster or are you just winging it based on it being a year?

I've read research on it and my co-worker mentioned that our boss stated we were eligible to take it due to working in a high exposure environment. (We interact with bunch of military personnel, including active duty members and veterans. We have also been dealing recently with some military personnel from overseas due to more of them coming over here to train lately.) I believe the higher ups/my bosses were briefed on it and we continue to receive notifications about the vaccines and certain rules/guidelines. 

According to the guidelines I've read people can be eligible for a booster shot if they are 18 or older, and have had their second shot at least six months prior to getting their booster. My second shot was in February. They also mentioned it can be recommended for people who deal with a lot of exposure as well.

COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots | CDC

If you want my unsolicited opinion, I wouldn't take it until middle June of next year. As of right now, the efficacy is really only looking to be solid for the first couple months before dropping off quite a bit. The last study I read showed it hitting zero after month 3. If you're in FL, for the second year in a row we got hit hard in July, August, and September. Unless you plan on taking a second one, I think it would be better to wait.

(11-01-2021, 11:21 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: If you want my unsolicited opinion, I wouldn't take it until middle June of next year. As of right now, the efficacy is really only looking to be solid for the first couple months before dropping off quite a bit. The last study I read showed it hitting zero after month 3. If  you're in FL, for the second year in a row we got hit hard in July, August, and September. Unless you plan on taking a second one, I think it would be better to wait.

He's in NC. I'm not sure what our trends are here but Delta came through NC in July & August like wild fire.