Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(11-02-2021, 10:31 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 10:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'd do one better and get a trail camera to put in a location that isn't obvious. We have different kinds of cameras in different locations. If we lose power our hard wired ones are useless so the trail cams are nice back up option plus they're portable. 

Someone would be a complete [BLEEP] to try for our house or our vehicles.

Trouble is I live in an apartment building, no way to hard wire a doorbell cam and with the layout of the unit, no place to hide a trail cam so..... I'll figure out something. Thanks for the suggestions

when we lived in an apt., deliveries always went to the front office.

Did the front office ever let us know we received a package? Nope.

If rent was a day late, did we have a note on our door and a voice mail reminder? You betcha.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2021, 10:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'd do one better and get a trail camera to put in a location that isn't obvious. We have different kinds of cameras in different locations. If we lose power our hard wired ones are useless so the trail cams are nice back up option plus they're portable. 

Trouble is I live in an apartment building, no way to hard wire a doorbell cam and with the layout of the unit, no place to hide a trail cam so..... I'll figure out something. Thanks for the suggestions

Yeah that's a problem. Is there an Amazon delivery location nearby where you can have stuff shipped to and you can pick it up from there?

The Ring cameras (buy them off Amazon) don’t require any wires at all. Charge the battery every 2-3 months and you’re good. Super easy to install.

They even have a solar panel you can add to the ring cameras. I’ve got a few clients that swear by them. I have the Ring doorbell and love it. I hardwired mine, but you don’t have to. I have cameras through my security system, but I’ve contemplated get a few ring ones.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 05:52 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

When I said I like to make fun of myself, here ya go!

Americus, close your eyes!  As well as other Chevy owners. 

As much grief as I’ve been giving over the Ford/Chevy “debate” I sadly have a scheduled a tow for my beloved F-150.  Started out the seatbelt and back up chime sounded funny.  Then it was I turn it on and apparently the truck liked to listen to different  music than I do as it was off of my Sirius xm Turbo and on 1010xl.  Switch back and next day it’s on 99.something country.  I very rarely drive this gem. So I just said [BLEEP] it.  And I just recently got outside of the warranty.  Then I move the truck to park a trailer in my garage and clunk clunck and where’s my power steering?  Ok, we’ve got an issue.  So I check power steering fluid.  Where the [BLEEP] is the reservoir?  Reads tFM. Ok, electric power steering.  No reservoir.  Idk if it’s a loose ground, blown fuse or what.  But I suppose it all makes sense.  I never had issues until it pretty much sat in my driveway after I bought the latest work truck. Maybe something decided to make a home of it.

(11-03-2021, 05:51 PM)Jags Wrote: When I said I like to make fun of myself, here ya go!

As much grief as I’ve been giving over the Ford/Chevy “debate” I sadly have a scheduled a tow for my beloved F-150.  Started out the seatbelt and back up chime sounded funny.  Then it was I turn it on and apparently the truck liked to listen to different  music than I do as it was off of my Sirius xm Turbo and on 1010xl.  Switch back and next day it’s on 99.something country.  I very rarely drive this gem. So I just said [BLEEP] it.  And I just recently got outside of the warranty.  Then I move the truck to park a trailer in my garage and clunk clunck and where’s my power steering?  Ok, we’ve got an issue.  So I check power steering fluid.  Where the [BLEEP] is the reservoir?  Reads tFM. Ok, electric power steering.  No reservoir.  Idk if it’s a loose ground, blown fuse or what.  But I suppose it all makes sense.  I never had issues until it pretty much sat in my driveway after I bought the latest work truck. Maybe something decided to make a home of it.

Laughing maybe it was a squirrel. Better check for nuts!

(11-03-2021, 07:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 05:51 PM)Jags Wrote: When I said I like to make fun of myself, here ya go!

Laughing maybe it was a squirrel. Better check for nuts!

You didn’t follow my rules for one.  Two, despite what the site says, we share the exact same birthdate.(you are a decade older, Smile).    I figured we’d had some sort of  comradery. Look, I’ll be honest.  I don’t know how to spell that word. If not, surely there is some astrological fist bump between us.  Either way, I figured you’d have my back.  You really let me down ma’am.

(11-03-2021, 07:35 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 07:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Laughing maybe it was a squirrel. Better check for nuts!

You didn’t follow my rules for one.  Two, despite what the site says, we share the exact same birthdate.(you are a decade older, Smile).    I figured we’d had some sort of  comradery. Look, I’ll be honest.  I don’t know how to spell that word. If not, surely there is some astrological fist bump between us.  Either way, I figured you’d have my back.  You really let me down ma’am.

What can I say? I'm Rebel scum.  Big Grin 

Wait, we share a birthday? Bosom buddies!!  Banana

(11-03-2021, 11:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 07:35 PM)Jags Wrote: You didn’t follow my rules for one.  Two, despite what the site says, we share the exact same birthdate.(you are a decade older, Smile).    I figured we’d had some sort of  comradery. Look, I’ll be honest.  I don’t know how to spell that word. If not, surely there is some astrological fist bump between us.  Either way, I figured you’d have my back.  You really let me down ma’am.

What can I say? I'm Rebel scum.  Big Grin 

Yep!   Provided you gave more accurate information than I did.  But I’m waaaaay younger!  I don’t mean to rub it in.  I got your back, kid.

Well that was refreshing. Standing in Home Depot and some 10ish year-old kid singing along with "Lean on Me". Nice to hear a kid that young can appreciate a good tune.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-07-2021, 11:07 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Well that was refreshing.  Standing in Home Depot and some 10ish year-old kid singing along with "Lean on Me".  Nice to hear a kid that young can appreciate a good tune.

Same here. I was in a Tmobile store yesterday and the young lady helping me out was enjoying a Scorpions song playing in the background on a really nice sounding Harman Kardon portable speaker.

(11-06-2021, 07:35 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 11:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: What can I say? I'm Rebel scum.  Big Grin 

Yep!   Provided you gave more accurate information than I did.  But I’m waaaaay younger!  I don’t mean to rub it in.  I got your back, kid.

You're my hero.  Big Grin

(11-07-2021, 10:40 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-06-2021, 07:35 PM)Jags Wrote: Yep!   Provided you gave more accurate information than I did.  But I’m waaaaay younger!  I don’t mean to rub it in.  I got your back, kid.

You're my hero.  Big Grin

Hey! I said I had your back.  Not that I was your personal Spiderman.  Get in line woman!   Ugh.  Everyone wants to be Lois <eyeroll>.  Wink

(11-09-2021, 07:14 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 10:40 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: You're my hero.  Big Grin

Hey! I said I had your back.  Not that I was your personal Spiderman.  Get in line woman!   Ugh.  Everyone wants to be Lois <eyeroll>.  Wink

Laughing

So about a month ago, I ordered a new recliner chair for myself.. A rocker recliner with heat and massage. Cost me about $1700.. A few weeks later, the recliner was delivered by UPS to my front door. I brought the boxes inside and started to open them up to start assembly. Well, the chair ended up being the wrong color that I ordered.. I ordered a slate grey and I ended up with a blue. I was a little perturbed but I put it together anyway because I wanted to give it a try before I call the company up and request a trade in for the color I paid for. The chair was awesome. The heat and massage hit on all cylinders. Felt wonderful..

The next day, I call up the company, tell them about their error and wanted my slate grey sent. They told me to box it back up, include the remote and wires it came with and they were going to talk with UPS about pickup. A few days later, UPS was here and picked the boxes back up. I did miss the chair as it was so comfy and couldn't wait for the other one to come in the correct color.. A few days later, the company that I purchased the chair from called me back up and told me that I would have to wait an extra 2 months for the slate grey chair to show up.. I told them that I wasn't waiting that long for a chair to be delivered and asked for a refund.. They gave me the refund a few days later back on my card and I went to LazyBoy and bought a slate grey rocker recliner. Only this one didn't have heat or massage. I was a little disappointed but oh well, I loved my new chair..

Now, just yesterday, my wife and I got home as we had some errands to run and I pull up into our driveway and there were 2 huge boxes sitting on our front porch. It was the chair with heat and massage that I sent back. So I drug the boxes inside and called the company about the mix up.. After about 10 minutes on the phone with their customer service, the lady told me that they have no record on their computer about a purchase and since they already issued me a refund, my account was closed. She told me that I won't be charged for the chair and Merry Christmas..

So now I have a free $1700 chair with heat and massage and a new LazyBoy.. I'm gonna have a hard time deciding where to sit.. Good problem to have!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-12-2021, 11:05 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: So about a month ago, I ordered a new recliner chair for myself.. A rocker recliner with heat and massage. Cost me about $1700.. A few weeks later, the recliner was delivered by UPS to my front door. I brought the boxes inside and started to open them up to start assembly. Well, the chair ended up being the wrong color that I ordered.. I ordered a slate grey and I ended up with a blue. I was a little perturbed but I put it together anyway because I wanted to give it a try before I call the company up and request a trade in for the color I paid for. The chair was awesome. The heat and massage hit on all cylinders. Felt wonderful..

The next day, I call up the company, tell them about their error and wanted my slate grey sent. They told me to box it back up, include the remote and wires it came with and they were going to talk with UPS about pickup. A few days later, UPS was here and picked the boxes back up. I did miss the chair as it was so comfy and couldn't wait for the other one to come in the correct color.. A few days later, the company that I purchased the chair from called me back up and told me that I would have to wait an extra 2 months for the slate grey chair to show up.. I told them that I wasn't waiting that long for a chair to be delivered and asked for a refund.. They gave me the refund a few days later back on my card and I went to LazyBoy and bought a slate grey rocker recliner. Only this one didn't have heat or massage. I was a little disappointed but oh well, I loved my new chair..

Now, just yesterday, my wife and I got home as we had some errands to run and I pull up into our driveway and there were 2 huge boxes sitting on our front porch. It was the chair with heat and massage that I sent back. So I drug the boxes inside and called the company about the mix up.. After about 10 minutes on the phone with their customer service, the lady told me that they have no record on their computer about a purchase and since they already issued me a refund, my account was closed. She told me that I won't be charged for the chair and Merry Christmas..

So now I have a free $1700 chair with heat and massage and a new LazyBoy.. I'm gonna have a hard time deciding where to sit.. Good problem to have!!

Seems to me that's a great problem to have. And Great on getting a free chair........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(11-12-2021, 11:05 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: So about a month ago, I ordered a new recliner chair for myself.. A rocker recliner with heat and massage. Cost me about $1700.. A few weeks later, the recliner was delivered by UPS to my front door. I brought the boxes inside and started to open them up to start assembly. Well, the chair ended up being the wrong color that I ordered.. I ordered a slate grey and I ended up with a blue. I was a little perturbed but I put it together anyway because I wanted to give it a try before I call the company up and request a trade in for the color I paid for. The chair was awesome. The heat and massage hit on all cylinders. Felt wonderful..

go buy a powerball ticket!

that's an awesome windfall

Nice!   Always good when things like that go your way. 

Say, I’ll give you 50 bucks for the unneeded recliner.  Minus the haul off fee of 55 dollars!!!!!   It’ll only cost ya 5 bucks to get rid of the extra one! It’s a win all the way around!

just got home after taking a break at my Favorite Tavern..... It's been total chaos since last Wednesday with trying to get stuff done...... So, since I didn't feel like cooking, just ordered from my favorite Chinese place. Decided to try something different this time and ordered the shrimp with lobster sauce. I sure hope it's good....
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(11-13-2021, 06:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote: just got home after taking a break at my Favorite Tavern..... It's been total chaos since last Wednesday with trying to get stuff done...... So, since I didn't feel like cooking, just ordered from my favorite Chinese place. Decided to try something different this time and ordered the shrimp with lobster sauce. I sure hope it's good....

There was a sign hanging up at the old chinese place I used to get take out from.. "Lobster sauce contains no lobster"..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]