Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 9 - Bills @ Jags***

A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-07-2021, 05:20 PM)ClemsonJag Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 05:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: With 7 on the clock you do. They played it exactly right.

If they had put a returner back that ball doesn't land inbounds.

Lofton made his comment when there were 3 seconds on the clock. The ref then reset it to 7 which changes the strategy. With 3 seconds you either toss or punt it out the end zone and time expires, with 7 seconds they needed it inbounds to kill the extra 4 seconds.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

That was one of the best defensive games in franchise history.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(11-07-2021, 07:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'll start things off. 

We suck.

I guess I have to take that back.

(11-07-2021, 06:30 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 07:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'll start things off. 

We suck.

I guess I have to take that back.

It was a great effort by the team and many, many things fell our way today. That doesn't change the fact that your initial assessment was correct.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-07-2021, 06:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 06:30 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I guess I have to take that back.

It was a great effort by the team and many, many things fell our way today. That doesn't change the fact that your initial assessment was correct.
I think the refs were confused and thought the bills were the jags.  BUF was real sloppy with penalties.   That helped out a lot.  But I don’t want to take away from what the D did.  I’ll take some more, please.

I was at the game, and I can tell you, it was really great.

I guess Wolfies email paid off.  Y’all owe that man an apology.  Smile

(11-07-2021, 06:28 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: That was one of the best defensive games in franchise history.

W/O a Doubt.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(11-07-2021, 06:38 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 06:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It was a great effort by the team and many, many things fell our way today. That doesn't change the fact that your initial assessment was correct.
I think the refs were confused and thought the bills were the jags.  BUF was real sloppy with penalties.   That helped out a lot.  But I don’t want to take away from what the D did.  I’ll take some more, please.

Jags defense played well. Made some mistakes but held Buffalo to two FGs. That's crazy. Trevor Lawrence really looked like a rookie today but he's going to from time to time. Very little support. Hyde is competent at RB but is best suited as a backup obviously. Team needs to put out a Help Wanted sign at wide receiver.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

The Bills did how many personal fouls? Jeez, what a weird game. Amazing we can win a game without the offense scoring a TD.

Who was wearing the green dot on D today?

(11-07-2021, 07:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Who was wearing the green dot on D today?

It was not Jack.  Wilson?

Great game Jags!

The Jags fans that were there were ecstatic! Good lord were there a [BLEEP] ton of Bills fans.

As many times as I’ve heard the jokes, this time it did feel like the visiting fans outnumbered us.

(11-07-2021, 08:16 PM)rufftime Wrote: Great game Jags!

The Jags fans that were there were ecstatic!  Good lord were there a [BLEEP] ton of Bills fans.

As many times as I’ve heard the jokes, this time it did feel like the visiting fans outnumbered us.

I have been to almost every game in the history of this franchise. I will say, I think it's the largest visiting contingent I've seen although we've had large visiting crowds from KC, Pitt and GB. They still didn't outnumber us but it was as close as I hope it ever gets.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Jags have been winners in two out of their last three outings.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 08:58 PM by mal234.)

I'm surprised the Jags won, but I'm glad they won. They really were a big underdog against the Bills. This is definitely the type of win/upset you take and run with, lol.  I am glad that the defense especially Josh Allen played well.

(11-07-2021, 08:30 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Jags have been winners in two out of their last twenty-three outings.

Also this ^

funny how beathard comes in after lawrence gets hurt.. throw 2 bombs 1 for a 28 yard pass to arnold on sideline which was the best throw of the game. then another first down he threw to a wr forgot his name.. then he throws a perfect pass to agnew which went thrrew agnews hands.. so instead of getting the td they shouldve had with beathard instead they put in a hurt lawrence even before he was hurt couldnt throw a deep pass to save us.. then they put lawrence in after the missed pass from beathard to a wide open agnew in endzone which was a perfect pass.. after that pass was thrown it was 2nd and 10.. thats when they put lawrence in they shouldve kept beathard in there.. anyone watch the 49ers beathard still the best qb they had but they lost him for garropolo and lance which both stink lol.. but putting lawrence in at 2nd and 10 after he was hurt was dumb especially when beathard was on fire.. makes no sense to me at all i still think lawrence needs time to practice it shows clearly hes having trouble with deep passes..

(11-07-2021, 09:18 PM)chris hill Wrote: funny how beathard comes in after lawrence gets hurt.. throw 2 bombs 1 for a 28 yard pass to arnold on sideline which was the best throw of the game. then another first down he threw to a wr forgot his name.. then he throws a perfect pass to agnew which went thrrew agnews hands.. so instead of getting the td they shouldve had with beathard instead they put in a hurt lawrence even before he was hurt couldnt throw a deep pass to save us.. then they put lawrence in after the missed pass from beathard to a wide open agnew in endzone which was a perfect pass.. after that pass was thrown it was 2nd and 10.. thats when they put lawrence in they shouldve kept beathard in  there.. anyone watch the 49ers beathard still the best qb they had but they lost him for garropolo and lance which both stink lol.. but putting lawrence in at 2nd and 10 after he was hurt was dumb especially when beathard was on fire.. makes no sense to me at all i still think lawrence needs time to practice it shows clearly hes having trouble with deep passes..

Personally, I would have given Beathard another series before making a decision on whether to play Trevor again.  This staff clearly felt otherwise.

Trevor had a rough outing. Some of it was ill advised play calls, some of it was just bad throws, and we can't really know how many bad throws were affected by the ankle.  
We certainly aren't anywhere near a QB controversy right now, but let's see what we get from Trevor when he's healed up and not facing the #1 defense before drawing too many hurried conclusions from one game.