Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

(11-08-2021, 08:20 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, at least you tacitly acknowledge they do take sides. Remember that one. We'll circle back to it later.

They're on the side of making sure things sound interesting even if they aren't, and getting a story with as little effort as possible.

Biden's people want government to be competent but boring. They are in conflict on that level, among others.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, I tried.

(11-08-2021, 11:43 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, I tried.

You should know better by now.

No Christmas for your kids, but he's got racist roads covered.

Transportation @SecretaryPete: " If an underpass was constructed such that a bus carrying mostly Black and Puerto Rican kids to a beach, [...] in New York was designed too low for it to pass by, that that obviously reflects racism that went into those design choices." https://t.co/0XWkDZehYM

(11-09-2021, 08:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: No Christmas for your kids, but he's got racist roads covered.

Transportation @SecretaryPete: " If an underpass was constructed such that a bus carrying mostly Black and Puerto Rican kids to a beach, [...] in New York was designed too low for it to pass by, that that obviously reflects racism that went into those design choices." https://t.co/0XWkDZehYM

No doubt lined with racist trees.

(11-09-2021, 08:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: No Christmas for your kids, but he's got racist roads covered.

The Twitter link includes the reply with excerpts from Robert Moses' biography.  Maybe read your own link?

(11-09-2021, 09:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

No doubt lined with racist trees.

Only on the right side of the road.  On the left there is a diversified assortment of species.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-09-2021, 10:13 AM)mikesez Wrote:

The Twitter link includes the reply with excerpts from Robert Moses' biography.  Maybe read your own link?

It's a tweet from The Hill. Focus on the content you commie.

(11-09-2021, 10:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 10:13 AM)mikesez Wrote: The Twitter link includes the reply with excerpts from Robert Moses' biography.  Maybe read your own link?

It's a tweet from The Hill. Focus on the content you commie.

Obviously the low underpass doesn't actually discriminate by race; a bus filled with white kids also couldn't make it.  It's actually discrimination against the poor whose only means of getting to the beach is a chartered bus.  The issue is the Democrats' coalition mostly doesn't care about the poor, but they will mobilize against perceived racism.  

What's your opinion?
Should the underpass be rebuilt with more clearance, or not?
Should the underpass have never been built in the first place?

JUST IN - U.S. Producer Price inflation jumps 8.6% year over year in October, matching the largest increase on record.

(11-09-2021, 10:41 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 10:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It's a tweet from The Hill. Focus on the content you commie.

Obviously the low underpass doesn't actually discriminate by race; a bus filled with white kids also couldn't make it.  It's actually discrimination against the poor whose only means of getting to the beach is a chartered bus.  The issue is the Democrats' coalition mostly doesn't care about the poor, but they will mobilize against perceived racism.  

What's your opinion?

Poor kids like the beach just as much as white kids.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-09-2021, 12:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 10:41 AM)mikesez Wrote: Obviously the low underpass doesn't actually discriminate by race; a bus filled with white kids also couldn't make it.  It's actually discrimination against the poor whose only means of getting to the beach is a chartered bus.  The issue is the Democrats' coalition mostly doesn't care about the poor, but they will mobilize against perceived racism.  

What's your opinion?

Poor kids like the beach just as much as white kids.

Of course, but that doesn't answer my questions.

(11-09-2021, 12:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 12:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Poor kids like the beach just as much as white kids.

Of course, but that doesn't answer my questions.

Good to see you and PresTato agree.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-09-2021, 10:41 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 10:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It's a tweet from The Hill. Focus on the content you commie.

What's your opinion?

Is an actual underpass identified, or is this just a lame attempt to justify the the bill by alleging a previous (hypothetical) design was racially motivated?

(11-09-2021, 12:53 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 10:41 AM)mikesez Wrote: Obviously the low underpass doesn't actually discriminate by race; a bus filled with white kids also couldn't make it.  It's actually discrimination against the poor whose only means of getting to the beach is a chartered bus.  The issue is the Democrats' coalition mostly doesn't care about the poor, but they will mobilize against perceived racism.  

What's your opinion?

Is an actual underpass identified, or is this just a lame attempt to justify the the bill by alleging a previous (hypothetical) design was racially motivated?

It was designed by Democrats who own property at the beach.

(11-09-2021, 01:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 12:53 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Is an actual underpass identified, or is this just a lame attempt to justify the the bill by alleging a previous (hypothetical) design was racially motivated?

Robert Moses was a Republican.
The folks who owned beachfront property off Long Island were Republicans in those days.  I think most of them are Democrats now, but that wasn't the case then.

(11-09-2021, 01:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 12:53 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Is an actual underpass identified, or is this just a lame attempt to justify the the bill by alleging a previous (hypothetical) design was racially motivated?

They were only thinking of the environment and conserving resources when they did it.  
Better to build one low underpass (with taxpayer money), than all those walls (with their own money) around their beach houses.

Wow...

This isn’t normal behavior with a child.

If you try to explain this away, you’re sick and should be nowhere near children.

https://t.co/7PpGWCh52f

(11-14-2021, 03:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wow...

If you try to explain this away, you’re sick and should be nowhere near children.

Dredging up a post from 2015
Claiming a granddad comforting his grandson at his dad's funeral is sick
Biden lives in your head rent free

Priceless

(11-14-2021, 04:17 PM)captivating Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 03:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wow...

Dredging up a post from 2015
Claiming a granddad comforting his grandson at his dad's funeral is sick
Biden lives in your head rent free

Priceless

You have made your position clear. We aren't surprised.