Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Quote:One 4th and one 5th rounder.

That is correct and confirmed.  Am I happy with that?  No.  Be interested to see what the other tackle brought on the market. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good trade.....average left tackle at best.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 12:30 PM by KFL.)

what if the jags turn these 4th and 5th picks into a 3rd in the draft?  now is the trade ok?

I didnt like this trade at first but if he was going to walk anyway then its not that bad.  No team would have traded a 1st or 2nd for a guy that they may not sign anyway

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:Nobody is writing anoyone off, but really, how likely is it that either of these picks will be as good as Monroe?

According to this, the chance of any draft pick regardless of round starting for 3 years is 30% I'm guessing that figure is much higer for those taken early and much lower for those taken late.

Wasn't speaking to anyone in general, just the vibe I've got from a lot of the posts I've read. You're right though, it is a smaller chance that the players picked in the later rounds won't turn out to be much more than role player/st'ers in comparison to the first couple rounds. But there is still a chance at good players. To be fair there is a lot of busts in the first few rounds as well.

One trade closer to Bridgewater!

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

Quote:If his moves/ decisions thus far are an indication of future performance, then - yeah - he will be bad. 

Well, wouldn't you think they are?  So he is going to be a bad GM, no?

Who exactly established Monroe as a top 10 tackle?

Any GMs?  Quotes to bolster that claim?

Has Monroe played to that level this year?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote: 

As far as Marcedes, I think he's gone at the end of the season. I know Caldwell said he's part of the plans, but he also preaches consistency and that's the complete opposite of Lewis.

not really....since the big pay day, he's -consistently- underachieved, and lately he's -consistently- been injury prone.... :whistling: 

I think people will settle down once the draft is over and we have a Franchise QB along with 10 new draft picks. I'm excited.

And il say this again....

YOU GUYS DONT REALIZE HOW MUCH BETTER BRIDGEWATER IS GOING TO MAKE US!!
Shock the world

man we couldnt get extra conditional picks at least or even future 5-7s   Wallbash

Quote:For giving Monroe's final 12 games as a Jag, we got a fourth and fifth as well as Teddy Bridgewater and more cap room.

Correct. 

Monroe would't willingly re-sign with the Jags after this season so instead of getting nothing (or maybe a 4th rd comp pick?) we get a 4th and 5th rounder. Plus we get the starting XP for Joekel at LT for 12 games. Its win-win-win.

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

Quote:Who exactly established Monroe as a top 10 tackle?

I don't know what Monroe is as far as talent goes.  Is he good?  I think so.  Problem is hard to tell how good he is with the interior line playing so bad.  Probably get a true indication of his talent on the Ravens.  Still, I don't think 4th and 5th was a good trade.  And I think we made a mistake by not getting a RT in free agency especially since this looks like it was the plan from the start.  

Quote:One trade closer to Bridgewater!

Why trade? We're ending up with the first pick!

Any GMs? Quotes to bolster that claim?

I remember him being top 10 for a few weeks, but with all these new LTs he'll probably end up in the 10-20 range within the next couple seasons. Not worth franchising or overpaying him to stay.

Bullseye....what about your eye test? What do you think?

It sounds to me like you're trying hard to convince yourself that this was a smart move by Caldwell. Maybe you should stop overthinking/ juking yourself out and just keep it simple and go with your first instinct upon hearing this trade....and what was that?....

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 12:36 PM by jaxjags625.)

Quote:not really....since the big pay day, he's -consistently- underachieved, and lately he's -consistently- been injury prone.... :whistling:
Yeah that's what I mean. He's not playing that's not consistent. And if he's here next year lets see what Teddy can do with him. I'm not really a fan of Lewis though and I'm sure Caldwell will draft a TE in the 4th or 5th.

Arthur Lynch in the 4th?
Shock the world

Quote:I remember him being top 10 for a few weeks, but with all these new LTs he'll probably end up in the 10-20 range within the next couple seasons. Not worth franchising or overpaying him to stay.

But top 10 according to whom?

Anyone with the ability to pull off a trade for him?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:For giving Monroe's final 12 games as a Jag, we got a fourth and fifth as well as Teddy Bridgewater and more cap room.
This is what I was thinking originally.. maybe this is a sign we're going to do some things this year in FA which we really need to do. 

Quote:But top 10 according to whom?

Anyone with the ability to pull off a trade for him?
PFF or some site *shrug*

Quote:I think people will settle down once the draft is over and we have a Franchise QB along with 10 new draft picks. I'm excited.

And il say this again....

YOU GUYS DONT REALIZE HOW MUCH BETTER BRIDGEWATER IS GOING TO MAKE US!!

Who says the Jags are definitely getting Bridgewater??...

Maybe Caldwell will screw that up too and pick someone else or trade out of the pick.