Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Controversial Ref Assigned to Jags/clots Game

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Welp...we get the hatchet job this week.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Whatever you do, don't stare at the opposing sideline this week.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

That taunting rule is stupid and unnecessary. They are taking all the fun out of football and emotion. Who cares if they "taunt"

If you dont want someone to show out in your face, then win the play.

Officiating has been particularly bad this year and we get one of the worst groups of the worst. Great.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

It’s simple, just drill into the team’s heads to refrain from the smack talk. If you know there’s going to be a zebra crew looking for it, don’t do it.

Typically refs call taunting when they see excessive celebration, putting hands on other players or leaning into other players while yelling. Just don’t do those things and stupid penalties won’t get called. It’s not too much to ask for that kind of discipline.

Hard to believe there was a worse crew than the one we had Sunday. Didn’t catch the bears/Steelers. What did that crew do that was so bad? Aside fromcall a bunch of taunting penalties?

(11-10-2021, 07:25 AM)Jags Wrote: Hard to believe there was a worse crew than the one we had Sunday.  Didn’t catch the bears/Steelers.  What did that crew do that was so bad? Aside fromcall a bunch of taunting penalties?

I won’t complain too loudly since their incompetence benefited us a few times, for once.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2021, 09:32 AM by Dimson.)

(11-10-2021, 07:25 AM)Jags Wrote: Hard to believe there was a worse crew than the one we had Sunday.  Didn’t catch the bears/Steelers.  What did that crew do that was so bad? Aside fromcall a bunch of taunting penalties?

The taunting penalty was atrocious and it was called on a former Jaguar player to boot, lol. The biggest penalty was an illegal blocking penalty that took a TD off the board for the Bears which ultimately was the difference in the game.

(11-10-2021, 07:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s simple, just drill into the team’s heads to refrain from the smack talk. If you know there’s going to be a zebra crew looking for it, don’t do it.

Typically refs call taunting when they see excessive celebration, putting hands on other players or leaning into other players while yelling. Just don’t do those things and stupid penalties won’t get called. It’s not too much to ask for that kind of discipline.

How dare you question the hoodlum culture of professional sports? Don't you know that's what the fans want?

How. Dare. You.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Over/under .5 hip checks?

(11-10-2021, 11:17 AM)Kane Wrote: Over/under .5 hip checks?

I'm taking the over, the refs are letting themselves be known this year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-10-2021, 11:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 07:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s simple, just drill into the team’s heads to refrain from the smack talk. If you know there’s going to be a zebra crew looking for it, don’t do it.

How dare you question the hoodlum culture of professional sports? Don't you know that's what the fans want?

How. Dare. You.

Why do they have to be hoodlums?

(11-10-2021, 11:28 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 11:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: How dare you question the hoodlum culture of professional sports? Don't you know that's what the fans want?

How. Dare. You.

Why do they have to be hoodlums?

I dunno, I guess it's popular or something. They could not act that way, but old ideas like sportsmanship and fair play are so last century.

This is a violent, contact sport. I guess they should quit being "hoodlums" and stop being so excited

(11-10-2021, 12:37 PM)Jag88 Wrote: This is a violent, contact sport. I guess they should quit being "hoodlums" and stop being so excited

Lol, the game was far more violent in the past with much, much less of this nonsense we watch today. Watching defenders playing for a 1 win team stand over a guy and scream like a banshee while down 20 points and thereby incurring a penalty is just stupid. Same for a guy doing the ball spin after an 8 yard gain on 2nd and 12. Just dumb braggadocio that contributes nothing positive to the game.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2021, 02:13 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

I just dont want to see refs using taunting penalties to decide games. This is football. Intimidation and trash talk is part of the fun of game. They arent robots. This isn't baseball. That's part of the mind games that go on in an exciting extremely competitive sport.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2021, 02:13 PM by RicoTx.)

(11-10-2021, 02:11 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I just dont want to see refs using taunting penalties to decide games. This is football. Intimidation and trash talk is part of the fun of game.  They arent robots. This isn't baseball.

Fun for who?  This isn't wrestling.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-10-2021, 02:11 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I just dont want to see refs using taunting penalties to decide games. This is football. Intimidation and trash talk is part of the fun of game.  They arent robots. This isn't baseball.

Then don't taunt, problem solved.

(11-10-2021, 02:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Then don't taunt, problem solved.

The problem though is flags are being thrown for exuberance.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.