Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Walker Little - Rd2, Pick 45

To be honest, I saw why Walker Little isn’t a starter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-08-2021, 09:28 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: To be honest, I saw why Walker Little isn’t a starter.

He is still raw but the potential is there. Gotta get stronger.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

The only way for Little to get better is for him to get on the field and gain experience. The same goes for Cisco, Jordan Smith and Tyson Campbell (already playing). Meyer needs to see which of the current rookies and other young players (Chaisson, Bartch,etc.) he believes can help this team in the future. Do they learn from mistakes and respond positively to coaching. If not, just cut your losses and move forward.

But whatever you do, Walker, Do Not Step On The Quarterback.

(11-08-2021, 10:19 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: The only way for Little to get better is for him to get on the field and gain experience. The same goes for Cisco, Jordan Smith and Tyson Campbell (already playing). Meyer needs to see which of the current rookies and other young players (Chaisson, Bartch,etc.) he believes can help this team in the future. Do they learn from mistakes and respond positively to coaching. If not, just cut your losses and move forward.

In today's league I think it's foolish not to play rookies. This isn't MLB with a farm system. Most are playing on 3-year contracts, so I don't understand why Baalke/Meyer aren't maximizing their rookie-contract value. There's no guarantee they'll be resigned, so the time is now to figure out whether they merit extensions. You learn best by doing with anything in life.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We are desperate for wins right now. They want to instill a winning culture. Whoever is the best is starting for that reason. I did agree Cisco needs to see the field more. Little is all but guaranteed to see the field.

One thing is for sure, Little got a tough team to cut his teeth on for a whole game of play.

I think Little is gonna be a beast

Little played good overall against a good defensive line in his first NFL action. I think they should play him there a couple more games and see where he is at. Atleast try him at Rt and get rid of Taylor.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

That boy is country strong.

On the first rep, I would have liked to see him finish the guy instead of just stopping but this can easily be corrected. Nice start for the guy.

His punch is still awfully late he let the pass rushers get in on him too much. Fortunately he is big and strong enough that he was able to recover most of the time, but that will continue to cause him trouble until he gets to fully knock off the rust. Hopefully he is afforded that time.

(11-10-2021, 08:30 PM)Upper Wrote: His punch is still awfully late he let the pass rushers get in on him too much. Fortunately he is big and strong enough that he was able to recover most of the time, but that will continue to cause him trouble until he gets to fully knock off the rust. Hopefully he is afforded that time.

No better way to knock the rust off than to play

(11-08-2021, 09:28 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: To be honest, I saw why Walker Little isn’t a starter.

Okay.
I'd still take Little over Taylor at RT cuz he ain't a starter neither

I remember there being talk on the board and on some podcasts during the preseason about starting Little at RT and kicking Taylor inside. Would Taylor make a good guard?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

The offense is out of sync, error prone and lead by a rookie QB. It seems to be a receipe for success. Time to move on from potential it is on the coaches. They picked these guys get to it or find a new job.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-11-2021, 11:25 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: The offense is out of sync, error prone and lead by a rookie QB. It seems to be a receipe for success. Time to move on from potential it is on the coaches. They picked these guys get to it or find a new job.

I agree. Get good or get left behind.

(11-11-2021, 07:58 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I remember there being talk on the board and on some podcasts during the preseason about starting Little at RT and kicking Taylor inside.  Would Taylor make a good guard?

Taylor would make a good cut

(11-08-2021, 10:34 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 10:19 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: The only way for Little to get better is for him to get on the field and gain experience. The same goes for Cisco, Jordan Smith and Tyson Campbell (already playing). Meyer needs to see which of the current rookies and other young players (Chaisson, Bartch,etc.) he believes can help this team in the future. Do they learn from mistakes and respond positively to coaching. If not, just cut your losses and move forward.

In today's league I think it's foolish not to play rookies. This isn't MLB with a farm system. Most are playing on 3-year contracts, so I don't understand why Baalke/Meyer aren't maximizing their rookie-contract value. There's no guarantee they'll be resigned, so the time is now to figure out whether they merit extensions. You learn best by doing with anything in life.

This regime wants to win now of which is the reasoning that certain rookies aren't playing...
"AZANE"

(11-11-2021, 03:36 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 10:34 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: In today's league I think it's foolish not to play rookies. This isn't MLB with a farm system. Most are playing on 3-year contracts, so I don't understand why Baalke/Meyer aren't maximizing their rookie-contract value. There's no guarantee they'll be resigned, so the time is now to figure out whether they merit extensions. You learn best by doing with anything in life.

This regime wants to win now of which is the reasoning that certain rookies aren't playing...

Is it? If that is the case, things are worse than I thought. Honestly I don't have time for rah rah. I like winning but with the past few years, I want to see something that points to a bright future.

These 2 wins have been alright but they aren't confidence fan base builders yet. If the defense can play more like the Bill's game without the opposing team melting down it will be nice.

On offense seeing little develop will make it better.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.