Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

I'm getting too damn old (I'm 60 now). When I can't roll myself out of bed without being in pain (from my left hip that needs replaced) and vocalizing it, well...... I'm just not ready to hang up my gun belt yet because I've been through a lot worse and survived however...... I will say this.... Getting Old Sucks The Big One!
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 08:02 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

Suck it up old man!

I'm not your age yet but am feeling the hormone hell that menopause is. Guys, be kind to your wives/partners when the hormones screw with her six ways from Sunday. It's no joke.

(11-14-2021, 03:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Suck it up old man!

I'm not your age yet but am feeling the hormone hell that menopause is. Guys, be kind to your wives/partners when the hormones screw with her six ways from Sunday. It's no joke.

What if she spazzes out and it’s just a female thing not related to menopause?   I mean, chicks are crazy!  We really ought to be awarded some kind of medal for dealing with their [BLEEP] at times.  Like, has your hubby ever left for work happy, then come home after being at work and gone for 10+ hours and been pissed at you?  Right off the bat? I’m guessing not.  We, as men, sometimes need a Rosetta Stone or alcohol to deal with that crap.  

Ps.  Sorry you’re old.    Big Grin

(11-14-2021, 09:00 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 03:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Suck it up old man!

What if she spazzes out and it’s just a female thing not related to menopause?   I mean, chicks are crazy!  We really ought to be awarded some kind of medal for dealing with their [BLEEP] at times.  Like, has your hubby ever left for work happy, then come home after being at work and gone for 10+ hours and been pissed at you?  Right off the bat? I’m guessing not.  We, as men, sometimes need a Rosetta Stone or alcohol to deal with that crap.  

Ps.  Sorry you’re old.    Big Grin

I'm not saying we're easy to deal with but some of that is reacting to you guys.  Tongue Or the kids, but I've never raised them so I don't know how that works but I imagine it's similar. And for real, the pressure from society for women to be able to "do it all" to an unachievable standard is unbelievable. Or the pressure to "have it all" has pushed women who would like to stay home and actually raise their kids and such to work as well as do the shopping, cooking, cleaning, child rearing, etc. I know you men have your own pressures, but guys are mostly chill about stuff and a lot of their stress comes from a different source. Women are definitely more reactive then men. So glad I'm not a dude or a lesbian. I'd have to be celibate.  Big Grin

My husband works night shift, 12 hours with a 2 hour round trip commute so he comes home and showers and goes to bed. Fourteen hours is a long night and there's not much turnaround time before he's back at it so we don't really spend a lot of time together to be honest. When he retires it's going to be weird. Lol. 

And I'm not old. I'm seasoned.  Laughing

I'm lucky to have a wife who was never hormonal. During her time of the month, and then in menopause, she was always even keeled. Never was she weepy or angry or overly sensitive.

"Her first baby come out sideways. She didn't scream or nothin'"

Bonus upvote for whoever can tell me the movie that line was in.

(11-14-2021, 09:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm lucky to have a wife who was never hormonal. During her time of the month, and then in menopause, she was always even keeled. Never was she weepy or angry or overly sensitive.

I don’t remember the movie, but for some reason I’m thinking it’s something with Steve Martin. No idea why he pops in my head for that.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-14-2021, 09:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm lucky to have a wife who was never hormonal. During her time of the month, and then in menopause, she was always even keeled. Never was she weepy or angry or overly sensitive.

Mine are more along the lines of fatigue, insomnia, horrific headaches that can incapacitate me for a day or so, brain fog, and so on. I do tend toward hormonal depression if I don't stay on top of my treatment plan. That hit me like a Mack truck last fall and it wasn't until springtime came around that it was brought under control. I don't even want to read anything I said here during that time.  Ninja

All that being said, I washed the entire outside of my house with a hose and a bucket of water and Mold Armour over two days last week and got some yard work done. I felt pretty darn good most of the week. Today was a hard one with the headache so I had to watch the Jags game with the volume super low and the blinds and curtains closed against the sunlight.  

I feel like I should know that quote.....

(11-15-2021, 12:05 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

I don’t remember the movie, but for some reason I’m thinking it’s something with Steve Martin. No idea why he pops in my head for that.

Yes. With John Candy.

(11-15-2021, 12:30 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Mine are more along the lines of fatigue, insomnia, horrific headaches that can incapacitate me for a day or so, brain fog, and so on. I do tend toward hormonal depression if I don't stay on top of my treatment plan. That hit me like a Mack truck last fall and it wasn't until springtime came around that it was brought under control. I don't even want to read anything I said here during that time.  Ninja

All that being said, I washed the entire outside of my house with a hose and a bucket of water and Mold Armour over two days last week and got some yard work done. I felt pretty darn good most of the week. Today was a hard one with the headache so I had to watch the Jags game with the volume super low and the blinds and curtains closed against the sunlight.  

I feel like I should know that quote.....

You did okay during that time. I’ve been called worse than “a degenerate no account bastard”, not a big deal.  Wink

It’s always best to watch Jags games like that. You don’t want the neighbors to know.

It's cold in Pennsylvania.. That's all..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-15-2021, 06:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 12:05 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I don’t remember the movie, but for some reason I’m thinking it’s something with Steve Martin. No idea why he pops in my head for that.

Yes. With John Candy.

Planes trains and automobiles!

(11-15-2021, 09:57 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's cold in Pennsylvania.. That's all..

I went to see my boy in Tennessee over the weekend. Damn near froze my [BLEEP] off. The cold sucks!

(11-14-2021, 09:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: And I'm not old. I'm seasoned.  Laughing

Alcohol is a great preservative.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-15-2021, 11:25 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 06:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yes. With John Candy.

what’s funny is when you said sounded like a Steve Martin thing, I was thinking I could see John Candy saying that.   I googled the line and saw he was actually in the movie he was looking for.  I don’t remember fully watching the movie though.

(11-15-2021, 11:25 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 06:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yes. With John Candy.

(11-15-2021, 09:57 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's cold in Pennsylvania.. That's all..

I went to see my boy in Tennessee over the weekend. Damn near froze my [BLEEP] off. The cold sucks!

We're taking the long way home through WV.. Gonna do a little hunting.. Just not for animals  Banana

(11-15-2021, 04:58 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:25 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Planes trains and automobiles!

what’s funny is when you said sounded like a Steve Martin thing, I was thinking I could see John Candy saying that.   I googled the line and saw he was actually in the movie he was looking for.  I don’t remember fully watching the movie though.

Neither Martin nor Candy said it.  The dude that picked them up in the pickup truck said it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 07:58 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-15-2021, 07:51 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 04:58 PM)Jags Wrote: what’s funny is when you said sounded like a Steve Martin thing, I was thinking I could see John Candy saying that.   I googled the line and saw he was actually in the movie he was looking for.  I don’t remember fully watching the movie though.

Neither Martin nor Candy said it.  The dude that picked them up in the pickup truck said it.

I am aware of that after searching for the line.  There was a few videos of the actor that said it.  That’s when I saw other clips with Candy. I thought it was weird/funny that she was thinking Martin and I thought Candy and found that both were in the movie.  And the fact that neither said it made it even more odd/weird, whatever.  

Like I said, I don’t recall seeing the movie despite hearing a lot about it.  With those guys in it, I may just have to find it on Netflix, on demand, etc.  seems like something up my alley.

(11-15-2021, 06:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

We're taking the long way home through WV.. Gonna do a little hunting.. Just not for animals  Banana

Whatcha hunting then?

(11-15-2021, 11:27 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 06:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We're taking the long way home through WV.. Gonna do a little hunting.. Just not for animals  Banana

Whatcha hunting then?

Houses  Banana

(11-16-2021, 10:08 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:27 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Whatcha hunting then?

Houses  Banana

Sweet. What area?

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 12:51 PM by Mikey.)

(11-15-2021, 04:58 PM)Jags Wrote:

hwut? an absolute classic.

Definitely best turkey day movie out there. It is annual viewing in our household. Although Steve Martin's airport diatribe is a bit NSFkids.

(11-15-2021, 06:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

If you are huntin for teeth I think you're gonna be sorely disappointed.