Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 03:20 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-01-2021, 03:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 02:38 PM)Upper Wrote: PFFs newest mock has Thibodeaux and Hutchinson 1 and 2, with us getting Hamilton at 4.

We are so devoid of talent and have so many holes, that if we can't get a superstar like Thibodeaux, we gotta trade down and accumulate picks. We absolutely must add good DE/OLB, a #1 WR, a cover corner and a coverage ILB just to to get to the level of being competitive. We aren't gonna find those type of players passed round 2 and we sure aren't gonna get any good free agents to come here given the current state of the team. I don't trust the current decision makers to pick good players, but I'm praying for a miracle that Khan sees the light and brings in a new GM and coaching staff before it's too late. Maybe I'm being a fool, but if we don't have hope, we have nothing.

The sad part is we had four (4) first round picks and 3 2nd round picks the last two years, and all we have to show is Trevor Lawrence.  We still have holes at all of those positions you listed, to say nothing of the positions you didn't list like several along the OL. We spent two high picks at CB trying to replace Ramsey, and we still haven't done it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-01-2021, 03:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 03:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We are so devoid of talent and have so many holes, that if we can't get a superstar like Thibodeaux, we gotta trade down and accumulate picks. We absolutely must add good DE/OLB, a #1 WR, a cover corner and a coverage ILB just to to get to the level of being competitive. We aren't gonna find those type of players passed round 2 and we sure aren't gonna get any good free agents to come here given the current state of the team. I don't trust the current decision makers to pick good players, but I'm praying for a miracle that Khan sees the light and brings in a new GM and coaching staff before it's too late. Maybe I'm being a fool, but if we don't have hope, we have nothing.

The sad part is we had four (4) first round picks and 3 2nd round picks the last two years, and all we have to show is Trevor Lawrence.  We still have holes at all of those positions you listed, to say nothing of the positions you didn't list like several along the OL.  We spent two high picks at CB trying to replace Ramsey, and we still haven't done it.

Don't remind me. You're making me even more depressed than I already was. The complete ineptitude that we as fans, have had to put up with from the decision makers of this team for years and years is utterly ridiculous.

(11-01-2021, 03:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Don't remind me. You're making me even more depressed than I already was. The complete ineptitude that we as fans, have had to put up with from the decision makers of this team for years and years is utterly ridiculous.

Well if you want to put some icing on this depression cake, a lot of the dudes most of us really loved the last couple of drafts are absolutely killing it right now.

(11-01-2021, 10:27 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 03:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Don't remind me. You're making me even more depressed than I already was. The complete ineptitude that we as fans, have had to put up with from the decision makers of this team for years and years is utterly ridiculous.

Well if you want to put some icing on this depression cake, a lot of the dudes most of us really loved the last couple of drafts are absolutely killing it right now.
This is my main issue when people say "Oh let's listen to the arm chair GMs".

The amount of information readily available to every person with the internet is insane. So yes, sometimes the armchair GMs do know what they're talking about.

(11-02-2021, 07:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 10:27 PM)Upper Wrote: Well if you want to put some icing on this depression cake, a lot of the dudes most of us really loved the last couple of drafts are absolutely killing it right now.

The amount of information readily available to every person with the internet is insane. So yes, sometimes the armchair GMs do know what they're talking about.

Especially when the vast majority of the posters on this board are in total agreement.

(11-02-2021, 07:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 10:27 PM)Upper Wrote: Well if you want to put some icing on this depression cake, a lot of the dudes most of us really loved the last couple of drafts are absolutely killing it right now.

Given the choice between the “armchair GM’s” on this board or Meyer/Baalke I chose the board. Not even close at this point tbh

After testing I won't be surprised if Karlaftis passes Hutchinson. Assuming we can't get Thibs I think trading back to the 5-10 range and getting whichever of those two are available is my favorite option.

(11-02-2021, 10:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 07:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: This is my main issue when people say "Oh let's listen to the arm chair GMs".

Especially when the vast majority of the posters on this board are in total agreement.

You guys should totally build a resume based on your endless posts on a Jaguars fan message board.
I'm sure you'd get picked up by a team in a jiffy

(11-06-2021, 11:19 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 10:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Especially when the vast majority of the posters on this board are in total agreement.

You guys should totally build a resume based on your endless posts on a Jaguars fan message board.
I'm sure you'd get picked up by a team in a jiffy

It's not about how good we are. It's about how bad the front office of the Jaguars have been. Any person off the street who watches college football, could have a better drafting record than this team has had over the past few years. It's ridiculous just how bad our picks have been outside of Trevor Lawrence, which was a no-brainer.

Some people just want to pretend like they are Nostradamus v2 so badly by throwing out many generalities on some prospects and when those rare occasions confirm their biases, they come back with "sEe I wAS riGHt LikE i sAiD!1!"

The truth is that the Jaguars have been absolutely putrid in the draft department but some of these wannabe arm chair GMs are no better than the blind squirrel finding a nut.

What really gets me is that we would have had Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence if we had this all-knowing draft expert selecting for us, despite how much backpedaling occurred and finally claims Trevor > Wilson no-brainer like the rest of the board.

(11-06-2021, 06:09 PM)Upper Wrote: After testing I won't be surprised if Karlaftis passes Hutchinson. Assuming we can't get Thibs I think trading back to the 5-10 range and getting whichever of those two are available is my favorite option.

After yesterday's game we are at #5 in draft order. I got a feeling we will have to trade UP to get in the 5-10 range next year for the draft. LOL  IF the defense starts clicking like yesterday and IF the receivers quit dropping so many passes, then we gonna win some games  down the stretch. Now if these two things happen I can see wins over the Tinhorns, Falcons and hopefully the Dolts twice. Jets? Mebbe, Niners? Iffy. And the Pats? 50/50 chance. Get them all and that is 7 more wins. I don't think we beat the Rams or Tacks though. The truth is prolly not that many wins but I DO think we will be picking outside the top ten in the next draft.

Yeah it's looking like we'll be in the 5-10 range. Sign me up for Karlaftis right now.

And Hutch is putting on a show.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2021, 05:44 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-13-2021, 03:24 PM)Upper Wrote: And Hutch is putting on a show.

I'd rather have David Ojabo. He looks way more athletic and whereas Hutchinson gets sacks in bundles, Ojabo has been consistently wrecking opposing QB's all season and he's getting better as the season goes on. IMO, he is without a doubt, my #1 OLB prospect to this point in the season, outside of Thibodeaux. I'd easily spend a top 10 pick on Ojabo right now. He impresses me more and more each week.

(11-13-2021, 05:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I'd rather have David Ojabo. He looks way more athletic and whereas Hutchinson gets sacks in bundles, Ojabo has been consistently wrecking opposing QB's all season and he's getting better as the season goes on. IMO, he is without a doubt, my #1 OLB prospect to this point in the season, outside of Thibodeaux. I'd easily spend a top 10 pick on Ojabo right now. He impresses me more and more each week.

I'm sure it was doctored somehow, but it's on record that Hutch has a 6.53 3 cone test. If that is true he jumps to 1.01 territory with the rest of his package considered.

(11-13-2021, 05:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

After the Penn State game, I would agree on Ojabo.  Question is come draft time where is he going to be projected. If he keeps this up I can see top ten spot

Ojabo looks worthy of a top 10 pick, but I don't think he will jump Hutchinson. Between those two, Thibs, and Karlaftis though...if we want to greatly improve the dude lining up opposite from Josh Allen we will be able to.

I think many of us would agree that at this point, WR is our #1 need. Before the season, I didn't think there were any elite WR's in this draft class. I really liked Chris Olave, but I wouldn't put him in the same category as a Ja'Marr Chase. With that said, I wanted to check out Jameson Williams of Alabama. I just got done watching his latest performance against NMSU. My mind is now officially changed. I new I was really impressed when I saw him early in the season, but I didn't know how consistent this kid has been. I didn't realize that this kid already has over 1,000 yards receiving on the season and has gotten over 150 yards receiving per game in his last 2 games. He has five 100 yard receiving games on the season and has gotten better and better as the season goes on. He's averaging an amazing 20.2 yards per catch as well and in his last 4 games has receptions of 75, 65, 58 and 50 yards.

This kid may be just what this team needs. Just look at how many really good receivers Alabama has sent to the NFL. I believe Williams will be that next guy. Alabama just keeps churning out great receivers, year after year. It will be very interesting to see what he runs in the 40, but he looks fast. He certainly gets separation. At 6'2" he has ideal height as well, but at only 189 lbs, I would like to see him add a bit out weight to his frame. I'm really excited about this kid though. He's a Junior, so I hope he enters the draft. If he keeps this up, I could see him being a top 5-10 pick as well.

(11-15-2021, 03:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think many of us would agree that at this point, WR is our #1 need. Before the season, I didn't think there were any elite WR's in this draft class. I really liked Chris Olave, but I wouldn't put him in the same category as a Ja'Marr Chase. With that said, I wanted to check out Jameson Williams of Alabama. I just got done watching his latest performance against NMSU. My mind is now officially changed. I new I was really impressed when I saw him early in the season, but I didn't know how consistent this kid has been. I didn't realize that this kid already has over 1,000 yards receiving on the season and has gotten over 150 yards receiving per game in his last 2 games. He has five 100 yard receiving games on the season and has gotten better and better as the season goes on. He's averaging an amazing 20.2 yards per catch as well and in his last 4 games has receptions of 75, 65, 58 and 50 yards.

This kid may be just what this team needs. Just look at how many really good receivers Alabama has sent to the NFL. I believe Williams will be that next guy. Alabama just keeps churning out great receivers, year after year. It will be very interesting to see what he runs in the 40, but he looks fast. He certainly gets separation. At 6'2" he has ideal height as well, but at only 189 lbs, I would like to see him add a bit out weight to his frame. I'm really excited about this kid though. He's a Junior, so I hope he enters the draft. If he keeps this up, I could see him being a top 5-10 pick as well.

The Jaguars are likely to be picking in the 5-8 range due to winnable games vs. S.F., Houston, Atlanta and the Jets. Even the 2nd Indy game in Jacksonville is a possible win. Even if they win 3 of these games, that will still land them a top 10 pick. There is no question that receiver is the team's greatest need. I don't see Williams being a top 10 pick, however, so the only way he ends up in Jacksonville is if they trade down. My preference would be for the Jaguars to use their free agent money on Davante Adams or Godwin. They could then use their 1st round pick on an edge rusher/outside linebacker, offensive tackle or the BAP if Kyle Hamilton is still on the board.