Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(11-24-2021, 08:22 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 04:11 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I actually tossed a midget before, long time ago.. Little dude had a full velcro suit on. I hit right below the bullseye and he never attached and he fell off..

Was at Shades in OP..

Now we know why you want to move to WV.  Ninja

Don't knock it till ya try it haha
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: 254292998_447405470062777_22749879079307...e=61A28C10]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(11-24-2021, 09:06 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 08:22 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Now we know why you want to move to WV.  Ninja

Don't knock it till ya try it haha

I’m barely 5’2, I’m lucky if they don’t try to throw me around! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

OK, Time to vent a little bit...... I just Placed a McDonalds order through GrubHub. I ordered a bacon double 1/4 pounder with cheese meal........ What do they send Me? a single 1/4 pounder with cheese meal...... Naturally I complained about this screw up, GrubHub did refund my money but that's not the point....... Seems to me that when you get hired in the food service industry, you should be able to read and write English, (we have a lot of spanish speakers around here), I wish they would at least hire someone that has tried to Graduate High School and can at least read at that level (The state of our education system is pathetic)...... Yeah I now mistakes happen but, this was at 11:00 so I now they were not that busy yet.....
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(11-24-2021, 11:38 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 09:06 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Don't knock it till ya try it haha

I’m barely 5’2, I’m lucky if they don’t try to throw me around! Laughing

Wouldn’t that be a refreshing change from being thrown out?  Tongue

(11-24-2021, 10:55 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: 254292998_447405470062777_22749879079307...e=61A28C10]

As the owner of a few IKEA pieces I can really appreciate this.  Laughing

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 02:01 PM by The Drifter. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-24-2021, 01:51 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 10:55 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: 254292998_447405470062777_22749879079307...e=61A28C10]

As the owner of a few IKEA pieces I can really appreciate this.  Laughing

I don't own any Ikea furniture but..... All my tables, my entertainment center, my dresser, and my Bar had to be assembled..... what ever happened to real furniture?

(11-24-2021, 12:29 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, Time to vent a little bit...... I just Placed a McDonalds order through GrubHub. I ordered a bacon double 1/4 pounder with cheese meal........ What do they send Me? a single 1/4 pounder with cheese meal...... Naturally I complained about this screw up, GrubHub did refund my money but that's not the point....... Seems to me that when you get hired in the food service industry, you should be able to read and write English, (we have a lot of spanish speakers around here), I wish they would at least hire someone that has tried to Graduate High School and can at least read at that level (The state of our education system is pathetic)......  Yeah I now mistakes happen but, this was at 11:00 so I now they were not that busy yet.....

one of the biggest reasons I've walked away from fast food is minimum wage = minimum effort.

don't worry, only a matter of time before they install burgerbots and your order will be accurate, but for some reason the cheese is on the outside of the bun and the ketchup tastes like hydraulic fluid.

[Image: 259185085_1031261524391222_5819605225145...e=61A46334]

[Image: 259852673_1614049385597032_7493577912640...e=61A46133]

I'm quite nervous about Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. My brother-in-law blames all of the world's problems on Republicans and will, without warning, shift conversations to Republican bashing for no apparent reason. My wife and I have told him to shut the [BLEEP] up about politics numerous times and that family gatherings are no place for it.

My daughter's in-laws are staunch Republicans and will definitely not listen to [BLEEP] from anyone.

I am really nervous this is going to turn into a [BLEEP] show.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-24-2021, 08:23 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm quite nervous about Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  My brother-in-law blames all of the world's problems on Republicans and will, without warning, shift conversations to Republican bashing for no apparent reason.  My wife and I have told him to shut the [BLEEP] up about politics numerous times and that family gatherings are no place for it.

My daughter's in-laws are staunch Republicans and will definitely not listen to [BLEEP] from anyone. 

That sounds like a very legitimate concern and worry....... I think we all know how these liberal snowflake Democrats love to shake the tree to see what falls out sand stir up trouble. Take the advice of someone that had a few run ins with his family over the years......DO Not resort to violence or even respond to him by raising your voice, that will only make his resolve stronger. If everyone just ignores him, he'll eventually make himself look like the fool he is, and THAT is the worst thing that can happen to him. But... if he takes the 1st swing, do not hesitate to back hand him back to reality.

My in-laws are Democrats. NOT the progressive left thank God, but old school Democrats, and sometimes they get going about something and I have to zone out. I've tried to have actual conversations with them but end up getting frustrated so I just let them talk amongst themselves.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 08:17 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-24-2021, 08:47 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 08:23 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm quite nervous about Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  My brother-in-law blames all of the world's problems on Republicans and will, without warning, shift conversations to Republican bashing for no apparent reason.  My wife and I have told him to shut the [BLEEP] up about politics numerous times and that family gatherings are no place for it.

That sounds like a very legitimate concern and worry....... I think we all know how these liberal snowflake Democrats love to shake the tree to see what falls out sand stir up trouble. Take the advice of someone that had a few run ins with his family over the years......DO Not resort to violence or even respond to him by raising your voice, that will only make his resolve stronger. If everyone just ignores him, he'll eventually make himself look like the fool he is, and THAT is the worst thing that can happen to him. But... if he takes the 1st swing, do not hesitate to back hand him back to reality.

Well I'm not a big enough idiot to take a swing at someone over something as asinine as political beliefs.  The extreme views by some people supporting their parties is just a sad statement of our country.  A FAMILY gathering is no place for a political conversation.  Zero good can come from it.

My concern is over my brother-in-law and my daughter's parents.  Especially when they're all smokers and I won't be able to monitor the situation since I don't want to be in the vicinity breathing that [BLEEP].
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

You get to pick your friends, not so with relatives.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Like the dinner table we should also leave politics out of this forum.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-24-2021, 07:11 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: 259185085_1031261524391222_5819605225145...e=61A46334]

Pie doesn't last that long at my house.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-25-2021, 09:50 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 07:11 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: 259185085_1031261524391222_5819605225145...e=61A46334]

Pie doesn't last that long at my house.

I'm ready for some damn pecan pie.. to hell with the turkey..

(11-25-2021, 01:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 09:50 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Pie doesn't last that long at my house.

I'm ready for some damn pecan pie.. to hell with the turkey..

My daughter was going to make a homemade pecan pie. My tastebuds were all primed for it. Then she got sick day before yesterday. Not the rona. She called this morning and said her fever broke and she felt better, but I told her to stay home and not be a Typhoid Mary. So now it’s apple pie only.

(11-25-2021, 01:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 01:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm ready for some damn pecan pie.. to hell with the turkey..

My daughter was going to make a homemade pecan pie. My tastebuds were all primed for it. Then she got sick day before yesterday. Not the rona. She called this morning and said her fever broke and she felt better, but I told her to stay home and not be a Typhoid Mary. So now it’s apple pie only.

For a pecan pie, assuming the risk is always possible