Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyle Rittenhouse on trial

Kyle Rittenhouse is a National Treasure..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: 259661774_270004711823686_42450972939902...e=61A22F08]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(11-22-2021, 09:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Kyle Rittenhouse is a National Treasure..

National treasure?  No.  

I see him more as a scared kid who got himself into a bad situation, which forced him to do something very unfortunate.

(11-24-2021, 09:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 09:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Kyle Rittenhouse is a National Treasure..

National treasure?  No.  

I see him more as a scared kid who got himself into a bad situation, which forced him to do something very unfortunate.
He is now being used by the scumbag "family spokesman". I hope he is able to cut him out of his life but appears he is a parasite that doesn't want to let go.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(11-24-2021, 09:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

National treasure?  No.  

He's the victim of crime for which he will never receive justice but will likely find comfort in the millions of dollars he's going to get from the media.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-24-2021, 12:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 09:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: National treasure?  No.  

He's the victim of crime for which he will never receive justice but will likely find comfort in the millions of dollars he's going to get from the media.

And Chinese money via Joe Biden.

(11-24-2021, 12:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 09:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: National treasure?  No.  

I hope that he sues the media, and not just the "traditional" media (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) but also Facebook and Twitter.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-24-2021, 03:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 12:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's the victim of crime for which he will never receive justice but will likely find comfort in the millions of dollars he's going to get from the media.

I hope that he sues the media, and not just the "traditional" media (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) but also Facebook and Twitter.

I heard something mentioned about that. Apparently Facebook was allowing anti-Rittenhouse material but anything pro was flagged for removal.

(11-24-2021, 03:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 12:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's the victim of crime for which he will never receive justice but will likely find comfort in the millions of dollars he's going to get from the media.

He must have some pretty huge legal fees.  I saw his lawyer saying they used two mock juries in their trial preparation.  The hourly cost of putting on a mock trial would be enormous.

(11-24-2021, 06:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 03:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I hope that he sues the media, and not just the "traditional" media (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) but also Facebook and Twitter.

He must have some pretty huge legal fees.  I saw his lawyer saying they used two mock juries in their trial preparation.  The hourly cost of putting on a mock trial would be enormous.

There was a lot of money raised on his behalf. Plus I’m sure they knew a payday was coming on the likelihood he was found not guilty.

(11-24-2021, 09:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

National treasure?  No.  

National Treasure...
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-24-2021, 06:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 03:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I hope that he sues the media, and not just the "traditional" media (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) but also Facebook and Twitter.

I'm pretty sure that's not all that rare in these big cases.

(11-24-2021, 08:21 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 06:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He must have some pretty huge legal fees.  I saw his lawyer saying they used two mock juries in their trial preparation.  The hourly cost of putting on a mock trial would be enormous.

I'm pretty sure that's not all that rare in these big cases.

Sure, if you have the money.   A lawyer like he had would charge an hourly rate of probably $500 to $800.  Now think of a mock trial, with multiple lawyers on each side, plus someone playing the judge, plus two mock juries, meaning a couple of dozen people, a jury consultant, etc.  You're talking probably $5,000 to $10,000 per hour.  

That's just for the mock trial.  Then you have the real trial.  Add it all up, and the whole thing could cost him a couple of million dollars in legal fees.  

All of which goes to show why our jails are full of poor people.

(11-25-2021, 05:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 08:21 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: I'm pretty sure that's not all that rare in these big cases.

Sure, if you have the money.   A lawyer like he had would charge an hourly rate of probably $500 to $800.  Now think of a mock trial, with multiple lawyers on each side, plus someone playing the judge, plus two mock juries, meaning a couple of dozen people, a jury consultant, etc.  You're talking probably $5,000 to $10,000 per hour.  

That's just for the mock trial.  Then you have the real trial.  Add it all up, and the whole thing could cost him a couple of million dollars in legal fees.  

No, it shows why jails and prisons are full of the 99%. Only the 1% are going to be to afford that unless it's a situation like what Rittenhouse found himself in. 

Those three guys who killed Aubrey? I don't know who their defense attorneys were, how much they cost or how much they thought they would get paid, but they're out of luck.

(11-25-2021, 05:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 08:21 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: I'm pretty sure that's not all that rare in these big cases.

And the fact that poor people commit a majority of crimes. If you can't pay the dime, don't do the crime.

(11-25-2021, 02:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 05:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sure, if you have the money.   A lawyer like he had would charge an hourly rate of probably $500 to $800.  Now think of a mock trial, with multiple lawyers on each side, plus someone playing the judge, plus two mock juries, meaning a couple of dozen people, a jury consultant, etc.  You're talking probably $5,000 to $10,000 per hour.  

And the fact that poor people commit a majority of crimes. If you can't pay the dime, don't do the crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sHA7Uuz4oY
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(11-25-2021, 05:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

They need to refund their services, they were terrible. They could have easily won or got it dismissed if they were good.

There will be plenty of money but I doubt anyone is reaching out to them based on this.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(11-25-2021, 11:05 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 05:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sure, if you have the money.   A lawyer like he had would charge an hourly rate of probably $500 to $800.  Now think of a mock trial, with multiple lawyers on each side, plus someone playing the judge, plus two mock juries, meaning a couple of dozen people, a jury consultant, etc.  You're talking probably $5,000 to $10,000 per hour.  

They need to refund their services, they were terrible. They could have easily won or got it dismissed if they were good.

There will be plenty of money but I doubt anyone is reaching out to them based on this.

What are you talking about?  They did win.

(11-26-2021, 09:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 11:05 PM)p_rushing Wrote: They need to refund their services, they were terrible. They could have easily won or got it dismissed if they were good.

What are you talking about?  They did win.

He's insinuating that the case was so Open-N-Shut that it didn't take much lawyering to win his acquittal. He's probably right, but that was as much because of the inclinations of the judge as anything else. Watching those videos with the panel of other lawyers commentating it was pretty clear that the defense team left a lot to be desired.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-26-2021, 09:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 09:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What are you talking about?  They did win.

He's insinuating that the case was so Open-N-Shut that it didn't take much lawyering to win his acquittal. He's probably right, but that was as much because of the inclinations of the judge as anything else. Watching those videos with the panel of other lawyers commentating it was pretty clear that the defense team left a lot to be desired.

I didn't watch much of the Rittenhouse case, but if I were on trial for murder, I wouldn't rely on the idea that it was such an open and shut case that I could save money on legal fees.  I would spend as much money as I could, just to change it from a 99% chance of acquittal to a 99.9% chance of acquittal.  

In addition to that point, just because one person or even many persons on this message board think it was an open and shut case, and easy acquittal, that doesn't mean 12 jurors think that.  And you need all 12 to avoid a hung jury and a retrial.