Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

So what was my point, FSG? Insurance companies are ruining healthcare, because they are powerful enough to unduly influence general practices. While it was somewhat true in the past, it is nothing like it is now. Therefore, my POINT was that neither insurance companies, nor politicians should be deciding how doctors treat patients, and it doesn't matter if that's how it was always done because it's not making things better. I don't care if it's working for them. Nor should you or anyone else.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: 20211127-122527.png]

(11-27-2021, 12:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: So what was my point, FSG? Insurance companies are ruining healthcare, because they are powerful enough to unduly influence general practices. While it was somewhat true in the past, it is nothing like it is now. Therefore, my POINT was that neither insurance companies, nor politicians should be deciding how doctors treat patients, and it doesn't matter if that's how it was always done because it's not making things better. I don't care if it's working for them. Nor should you or anyone else.

So why did you feel the need to try to insult me when I share your position?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-27-2021, 02:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 12:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: So what was my point, FSG? Insurance companies are ruining healthcare, because they are powerful enough to unduly influence general practices. While it was somewhat true in the past, it is nothing like it is now. Therefore, my POINT was that neither insurance companies, nor politicians should be deciding how doctors treat patients, and it doesn't matter if that's how it was always done because it's not making things better. I don't care if it's working for them. Nor should you or anyone else.

So why did you feel the need to try to insult me when I share your position?
Because he loves you. Like the school boy who pulls the girls hair but secretly likes her.

(11-27-2021, 02:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 02:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So why did you feel the need to try to insult me when I share your position?
Because he loves you. Like the school boy who pulls the girls hair but secretly likes her.

Again. Nothing to add. Ever.

(11-27-2021, 02:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 02:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So why did you feel the need to try to insult me when I share your position?

Lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-27-2021, 02:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 02:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Because he loves you. Like the school boy who pulls the girls hair but secretly likes her.

Again. Nothing to add. Ever.
Hahahaha and you do?

At least Ronster is entertaining…..

(11-27-2021, 02:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 02:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Again. Nothing to add. Ever.
Hahahaha and you do?

I look forward to the day you actually provide an original opinion about the topic at hand. It will he glorious.

(11-27-2021, 02:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 02:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahaha and you do?

I look forward to the day you actually provide an original opinion about the topic at hand. It will he glorious.
It’s gonna be so fun dude! I’ll probably just go find something on Twitter and then post it here as if it was my original thought…. Oh wait… that’s you.

Never mind. This isn’t original either. Guess you gotta keep waiting!

(11-27-2021, 03:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 02:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I look forward to the day you actually provide an original opinion about the topic at hand. It will he glorious.
It’s gonna be so fun dude! I’ll probably just go find something on Twitter and then post it here as if it was my original thought…. Oh wait… that’s you.

Never mind. This isn’t original either. Guess you gotta keep waiting!

You at least sharing a tweet of something that represented your actual thoughts on a topic would be a solid start. Acting as the parrot middle man on every issue is weird.

Ever notice that when the Government is losing control of the attitudes and actions of the masses a new variant comes out? Personally, I think it's all the biggest bunch of BS we are being fed by the Government The powers that be want theor New World Order no matter the cost. They want total control and power over every aspect of our lives, and if we the people don't rise up (armed if needed) and tell them to back the hell off, we will eventually lose all our freedoms. Governmemts can not grant freedoms, only God can....... Government can only take them away, and when they're gone, they're gone for all eternity.
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

(11-28-2021, 01:02 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Ever notice that when the Government is losing control of the attitudes and actions of the masses a new variant comes out? Personally, I think it's all the biggest bunch of BS we are being fed by the Government The powers that be want theor New World Order no matter the cost. They want total control and power over every aspect of our lives, and if we the people don't rise up (armed if needed) and tell them to back the hell off, we will eventually lose all our freedoms. Governmemts can not grant freedoms, only God can....... Government can only take them away, and when they're gone, they're gone for all eternity.

CFB stadiums packed with 100K+ fans the day after this phony variant was announced is proof enough that the people have risen up. The fact they skipped the "Xi" variant tells you everything you need to know. These aren't serious people and should be treated as such.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 01:17 AM by Lucky2Last. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-24-2021, 02:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 07:50 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Your doctor has no choice, your treatment is now controlled by your government not your doctor. The fact that you think you still have a choice is frightening. Maybe you will finally realize when notice all the people in the concentration camps or maybe you will continue to just look the other way.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

This isn't all that different that American medicine. As long as there is a third party paying the bill, whether government or insurance company, that third party will have a say in the care you're given.

(11-25-2021, 08:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 07:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's a problem. Insurance is running health care, now.

I've worked in health care for 30 years and it's been that way since beforw I got here.

If you're beef is with the word "now," congrats, take the W. I don't care to argue those kinds of semantics. However, my point was directly tied to the notion that neither insurance nor government should be running healthcare. When you suggest that insurance has been running healthcare for the last 30 years, you're the one making an argument, not me. Then I have to follow your rabbit trail to say that it wasn't at nearly the same scope, when all I wanted to do was to say it has no business regulating practices the way it currently does. It should have been obvious what I meant, but it's the internet, so maybe it wasn't. Regardless, I have to chase your non-sequiturs. 

(11-26-2021, 03:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 07:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I didn't ignore anything, you asked why I do what I do. Does everything have to be an argument with you? And are you familiar with the HMO, Capitation, and Value based reimbursement models? Yeah, 30 years ago they had similar control though the lack of technology made it more difficult to administer. The more the tech advances the more control they will have, it is inevitable.

Everything isn't an argument. But when I asked why you do this, I wasn't talking about your career choice. Insurance didn't have the same hold because, yes, technology was different, but also because doctors functioned more independently. It's not just the technology that changed, but the corporate growth.

And this....

(11-26-2021, 07:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You don't seem to understand that physician group growth is driven by the need for bargaining power against insurance companies.

I fully understand what is driving the corporatization of healthcare. I'm glad you could catch up. Insurance is the big problem that no one is addressing. They are getting rich while the rest of everything else is "meh" at best. Also, how did I insult you? By pointing out you think like an administrator? That's offensive to you?

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 03:27 AM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

Regardless, I appreciate that you engage in these discussions with me. I'm not trying to insult you.... well, maybe a little. But, on the bright side, you've picked up a fanboi. Unfortunately, he's too uninformed to weigh in on any of this himself, so I'm not sure how much that can actually stroke your ego.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 03:22 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-26-2021, 07:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-20211126-183803-Twitter.jpg]

Don't ever take these people seriously.

Waiting now for the accusations of racism against Biden by every liberal media outlet and every person of color of African origin. It'll be a looooong wait.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-28-2021, 01:19 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Regardless, I appreciate that you engage in these discussions with me. I'm not trying to insult you.... well, maybe a little. But, on the bright side,  you've picked up a fanboi. Unfortunately, he's too uninformed to weigh in on any of this himself, so I'm not sure how much that can actually stroke your ego.
Oh…. Changed it from “too stupid” did ya?

Good for you man.

(11-28-2021, 01:13 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 02:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This isn't all that different that American medicine. As long as there is a third party paying the bill, whether government or insurance company, that third party will have a say in the care you're given.

(11-25-2021, 08:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I've worked in health care for 30 years and it's been that way since beforw I got here.

If you're beef is with the word "now," congrats, take the W. I don't care to argue those kinds of semantics. However, my point was directly tied to the notion that neither insurance nor government should be running healthcare. When you suggest that insurance has been running healthcare for the last 30 years, you're the one making an argument, not me. Then I have to follow your rabbit trail to say that it wasn't at nearly the same scope, when all I wanted to do was to say it has no business regulating practices the way it currently does. It should have been obvious what I meant, but it's the internet, so maybe it wasn't. Regardless, I have to chase your non-sequiturs. 

(11-26-2021, 03:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Everything isn't an argument. But when I asked why you do this, I wasn't talking about your career choice. Insurance didn't have the same hold because, yes, technology was different, but also because doctors functioned more independently. It's not just the technology that changed, but the corporate growth.

And this....

(11-26-2021, 07:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You don't seem to understand that physician group growth is driven by the need for bargaining power against insurance companies.

I fully understand what is driving the corporatization of healthcare. I'm glad you could catch up. Insurance is the big problem that no one is addressing. They are getting rich while the rest of everything else is "meh" at best. Also, how did I insult you? By pointing out you think like an administrator? That's offensive to you?

There you go again, standing on the common acting like it's some huge realization that only you comprehend. Government and insurance shouldn't be running healthcare? No [BLEEP] sherlock. The fact remains that insurance and the government have driven healthcare regulation and organization for decades, I'm sorry you get you dander up when someone says some wrong fact with which you disagree. And you know damn well that you used it a a pejorative, as if I'm some opponent of your position; interesting to me since we agree. Your problem is that you have no capability to see it from someone else's perspective, that's why when I told you the system is working as designed you lost your [BLEEP] again. I didn't say I liked or support how it's working, I simply stated the fact that it works as it was designed to, to the benefit of those who built it.

(11-28-2021, 01:19 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Regardless, I appreciate that you engage in these discussions with me. I'm not trying to insult you.... well, maybe a little. But, on the bright side,  you've picked up a fanboi. Unfortunately, he's too uninformed to weigh in on any of this himself, so I'm not sure how much that can actually stroke your ego.

I do too, it's just that we're frequently on the same side of these discussions and you try to paint me into defending something I'm against.

(11-28-2021, 08:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Oh…. Changed it from “too stupid” did ya?

Good for you man.

Yeah... I was going to follow up with a joke about knowing when I insult somebody, but I don't think you're stupid, so it bothered me.

FSG, what is the point of saying it's working as designed? I don't get that. We have these discussions to dismantle the narratives and get to the root cause of the issue. When someone is saying that doctor's are hamstrung by the government, implying that American healthcare is better, then you respond with doctor's are hamstrung by insurance in the US, your implication is that it's not different in the US than Australia, right? You are saying doctor's don't have autonomy either place, right? Then I respond with that's a problem. We are all in agreement. Then you issue non-sequiturs. You're saying it's always been that way. It hasn't.... at least not to this level. Why would you post that if you're not defending the fact that it's a problem? Are you saying it's ALWAYS been a problem in the US? I don't think it has. Which is why I waste my time pointing out the degree of change in the last 30 years and how the corporatization of health care isn't actually making things better. Then you say we're in agreement. I don't get it.

(11-28-2021, 11:43 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: FSG, what is the point of saying it's working as designed? I don't get that. We have these discussions to dismantle the narratives and get to the root cause of the issue. When someone is saying that doctor's are hamstrung by the government, implying that American healthcare is better, then you respond with doctor's are hamstrung by insurance in the US, your implication is that it's not different in the US than Australia, right? You are saying doctor's don't have autonomy either place, right? Then I respond with that's a problem. We are all in agreement. Then you issue non-sequiturs. You're saying it's always been that way. It hasn't.... at least not to this level. Why would you post that if you're not defending the fact that it's a problem? Are you saying it's ALWAYS been a problem in the US? I don't think it has. Which is why I waste my time pointing out the degree of change in the last 30 years and how the corporatization of health care isn't actually making things better. Then you say we're in agreement. I don't get it.

It was a problem in 1973 when the HMO Act passed. It was a problem back when the 1965 Medicare Act passed. It's not recent, but it is accelerating as the technology to oversee it improves. Yes, it's a problem. Why are you incapable of agreeing that the system we have is what was built by the politicians and insurance lobbyists, along with physicians, hospitals, and their lobbyists to achieve what we have today? And doctors should not be fully autonomous either, medical malpractice and cost inflation is down that road. The system we have isn't an accident, it's just built to disguise who holds the true power from the people who actually pay for it. You've worked in the capital, what do you think you're going to do about it?