Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 WR class

(11-22-2021, 12:18 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 03:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Again, the same could be said for Joe Burrow. He left Ohio State because he was buried on their depth chart. Does he lack a competitive spirit? Sometimes coaches get fixated on certain players and are blind to the talents of another. Just look at OSU. They have Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson. These are the guys Williams was behind on the depth chart and both are almost certainly, first round picks. Should we penalize Williams, because for whatever reason he wanted to go to a team where he was given a chance to showcase his talents. It's not like he went to some small school where he would definitely be the #1 guy. He went to Alabama, where they have been churning out more first round receivers than virtually any other school of late. To me, that shows he's a competitive guy. He went to a place where he knew he would have to fight to earn a starting position. 

Personally, I see a wealth of talent at the edge rusher position in this draft. It's a very deep class, whereas the WR position is more top heavy than anything. We need a compliment to Josh Allen at OLB, but we need a true #1 receiver. I just don't see one available in free agency. You mention pairing Godwin with London or Burks, but they are going in the first round in virtually every mock I see and London is coming off a season ending injury. I'd never draft a receiver coming off a fractured ankle. You never know how it could effect their speed or cutting ability. 

One edge rusher that I am kind of enamored with, but have not seen in first round mocks is Sam Williams of Mississippi. He has 10.5 sacks and 4 FF and has been very consistent this season playing DE and OLB. He's a real disruptor that sticks out on film. If we could get Jameson Williams in round 1 and Sam Williams in round 2, that would be a home run as far as I'm concerned. 

I'm not counting on Etienne at all next year. I hope he proves me wrong, but I have yet to see any NFL player come back from a lisfranc injury and look anywhere close to the same player they were before the surgery. It's basically the worst type of leg injury a skill position player can suffer, because of the after effects. 

I thought the same thing about DeVonta Smith and even Trevor Lawrence. Both looked rail thin and imo, they still do. So far, they have been able to take the hits though and have yet to miss any significant time. Maybe the weight isn't as big of an issue as I thought it was. Williams light frame is nowhere close to being as serious as Smith's was anyway. Smith was/is extremely thin from the waist down, but he's starting to hit his rhythm in Philly. 

For me, I'm not so fixated on one single position. I just want the BAP. We have so many needs on this team that we could virtually draft almost any position and it would be a likely upgrade for us. With that said, we just disagree on what players we consider elite. I know many people on the board are fixated that we must draft an OT early. I loathe that idea. The quality just isn't there this year and I don't wanna force a pick, just because it's a need. IMO, taking an OT in round 1 or 2 would be a huge reach. I wouldn't even consider an OT until at least round 3, because this class is so bad. I REALLY want to spend a huge chunk of our FA money on getting a LT, because I just don't see any good ones in this draft. If we can't sign Terron Armstead or Riley Reiff or trade for a good LT, I definitely franchise Cam Robinson one more year, because unfortunately, imo, he's better than anything we would find in this draft and we all know, he is nothing special. He'd just be a short term band aid, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Jawaan Taylor is the real problem anyway and hopefully, between Robinson and Little, someone could move to RT and be an improvement.

I hate trading up and giving up draft picks, because we have so many other needs as well. We'd fill OLB and WR, but we also desperately need an ILB, CB and OG. By trading up, we'd likely be sacrificing a chance to get good players at these positions. We HAVE TO HAVE an upgrade at ILB, especially.

I agree with you regarding Jawaan Taylor. The guy is a total liability at right tackle. I also would love to see them go after Armstead in free agency. Unfortunately, he is unlikely to come here as he'll have many great offers. I'll also admit my criticism of Jameson Williams' competitive spirit was too harsh since I know very little about his character. 

The decision to franchise Cam Robinson again will be a very tough one. He has played pretty well this season, but would he be worth the $17 million he'd be receiving? He has appeared to play really hard this year with the hope of getting a great contract in 2022. I'm not so sure his motivation would be as great after a 2nd year of being franchised. Meyer has a little less than a half season to determine if Walker Little is capable of replacing Robinson (or even Taylor). He needs to begin playing immediately at right tackle in place of Taylor. I'd also consider moving Taylor to guard- at least in practice. Norwell is set to be a free agent after this season so the offensive line will look very different next season. Finding a respectable right tackle during the off-season would be much easier than a left tackle who is responsible for protecting our franchises blindside.

We will never agree about taking a wide receiver in round 1 next season. The way the Jaguars played yesterday (I stayed until the bitter end), it's extremely likely they will have a top 5 pick. The pass rushing group may be very deep in 2022, but there is no way I pass on Aiden Hutchinson or Ojabo if they are on the board. Both are likely to be much better than whoever the Jaguars would take in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Regardless, I still respect your opinion as you watch the tape and have often been correct on your analyses of players.
The pick is likely going to be Hutchinson or Stingley considering the Jags will have a top 3 pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-22-2021, 12:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 12:18 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I agree with you regarding Jawaan Taylor. The guy is a total liability at right tackle. I also would love to see them go after Armstead in free agency. Unfortunately, he is unlikely to come here as he'll have many great offers. I'll also admit my criticism of Jameson Williams' competitive spirit was too harsh since I know very little about his character. 

The decision to franchise Cam Robinson again will be a very tough one. He has played pretty well this season, but would he be worth the $17 million he'd be receiving? He has appeared to play really hard this year with the hope of getting a great contract in 2022. I'm not so sure his motivation would be as great after a 2nd year of being franchised. Meyer has a little less than a half season to determine if Walker Little is capable of replacing Robinson (or even Taylor). He needs to begin playing immediately at right tackle in place of Taylor. I'd also consider moving Taylor to guard- at least in practice. Norwell is set to be a free agent after this season so the offensive line will look very different next season. Finding a respectable right tackle during the off-season would be much easier than a left tackle who is responsible for protecting our franchises blindside.

We will never agree about taking a wide receiver in round 1 next season. The way the Jaguars played yesterday (I stayed until the bitter end), it's extremely likely they will have a top 5 pick. The pass rushing group may be very deep in 2022, but there is no way I pass on Aiden Hutchinson or Ojabo if they are on the board. Both are likely to be much better than whoever the Jaguars would take in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Regardless, I still respect your opinion as you watch the tape and have often been correct on your analyses of players.
The pick is likely going to be Hutchinson or Stingley considering the Jags will have a top 3 pick.

Stingley has only played 3 games this season and 7 games last season due to injury. That is a huge red flag to me. He can't stay healthy. If we're gonna go CB, gimme Ahmad Gardner. He's the best lock down CB in the draft and he stays healthy.

I don't want Stingley if Hutch or Ajabo is available. Of course it is all speculation of our draft position right now but if we ARE the 3rd pick it just might be possible Thibideaux slips to us if 2 teams are desperate enough for a QB. Yeah and pigs fly too LOL. I would even take Neal over Stingley. With all that said if we get one of those three, then please get a WR#1 with the second pick. Even if we do get Godwin or Thomas in the offseason..

Give me Jameson Williams. He's exactly what this offense needs

(11-24-2021, 02:15 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: Give me Jameson Williams. He's exactly what this offense needs

Agreed.

(11-22-2021, 12:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 12:18 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I agree with you regarding Jawaan Taylor. The guy is a total liability at right tackle. I also would love to see them go after Armstead in free agency. Unfortunately, he is unlikely to come here as he'll have many great offers. I'll also admit my criticism of Jameson Williams' competitive spirit was too harsh since I know very little about his character. 

Add Neal to that list

Traylon Burks, Drake London & Justyn Ross for the go-up and get it receiver we need.

Jahan Dotson, Kyle Philips & Ainias Smith for the slot, underneath game with quick releases and good hands.

They need to figure out a way to come up with a combination from these two groups in the draft next year. Would be thrilled if they landed three of them to be honest. Maybe trade down on opening night, pick-up Burks or London in RD1. See if they can get Ross in RD2 or RD3 if he slips due to that injury concern and snatch up Dotson or especially Philips for the underneath game.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Jahan Dotson is running wild again. Where do you guys think he falls in the draft? Can we get him round 2 or would we have to move up to thr back end of the 1st?

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2021, 05:45 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-27-2021, 05:36 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Jahan Dotson is running wild again. Where do you guys think he falls in the draft? Can we get him round 2 or would we have to move up to thr back end of the 1st?

I don't see him sneaking out of RD1. I could see a team like Kansas City, Tampa Bay, Green Bay or Baltimore trying to get him late on opening night or even a team trying to trade back up to get him. Arizona could be in the market for him if Christian Kirk walks during free agency and with A.J Green not really getting any younger.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2021, 05:50 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Williams is out, targeting

(11-27-2021, 05:36 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Jahan Dotson is running wild again. Where do you guys think he falls in the draft? Can we get him round 2 or would we have to move up to thr back end of the 1st?

Yeah, I mentioned a few WRs I really wanted this year. Dotson is on that list as well.

(11-27-2021, 05:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

I don't see him sneaking out of RD1. I could see a team like Kansas City, Tampa Bay, Green Bay or Baltimore trying to get him late on opening night or even a team trying to trade back up to get him. Arizona could be in the market for him if Christian Kirk walks during free agency and with A.J Green not really getting any younger.

Who ever thought Elijah Moore, AJ Brown, and Metcalf would fall to the 2nd?  There are a number of WRs that are really good but rates close imo.  One or 2 of them will be there with our 2nd

(11-27-2021, 05:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Williams is out, targeting

Yeah, I mentioned a few WRs I really wanted this year. Dotson is on that list as well.

(11-27-2021, 05:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't see him sneaking out of RD1. I could see a team like Kansas City, Tampa Bay, Green Bay or Baltimore trying to get him late on opening night or even a team trying to trade back up to get him. Arizona could be in the market for him if Christian Kirk walks during free agency and with A.J Green not really getting any younger.

Who ever thought Elijah Moore, AJ Brown, and Metcalf would fall to the 2nd?  There are a number of WRs that are really good but rates close imo.  One or 2 of them will be there with our 2nd

That's a fair point. I think Drake London's leg injury may hurt his stock a little bit. There's buzz circling around David Bell right now out of Purdue and then you obviously have the pair of receivers out of Ohio St. The kid that transferred from Ohio St. to Alabama is an interesting prospect as well. This is isn't that bad of WR class. Just depends on what you're lacking on your roster. If you want one of the tall, large radius catch guys though? You're going to have to get them early. Justyn Ross is probably the most interesting target because of the link to Lawrence. 

I wouldn't hate his selection on the opening night of RD2 but he has to check out medically and he has to test very, very well at the combine and pro day. Especially after what happened with Etienne. Would be a hell of a mix next year with Lawrence, Etienne and Ross all reunited. Add a few big names in FA? Get at least another starter or two from the draft and a health set of rotational players for Cullen's pass rush?

Not looking too bad on paper.

He's been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks. Personally, I think he falls to the top of round 2, but who knows? It just takes one team to fall in love with him and he could land in round 1.

(11-27-2021, 05:58 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

That's a fair point. I think Drake London's leg injury may hurt his stock a little bit. There's buzz circling around David Bell right now out of Purdue and then you obviously have the pair of receivers out of Ohio St. The kid that transferred from Ohio St. to Alabama is an interesting prospect as well. This is isn't that bad of WR class. Just depends on what you're lacking on your roster. If you want one of the tall, large radius catch guys though? You're going to have to get them early. Justyn Ross is probably the most interesting target because of the link to Lawrence. 

I wouldn't hate his selection on the opening night of RD2 but he has to check out medically and he has to test very, very well at the combine and pro day. Especially after what happened with Etienne. Would be a hell of a mix next year with Lawrence, Etienne and Ross all reunited. Add a few big names in FA? Get at least another starter or two from the draft and a health set of rotational players for Cullen's pass rush?

Not looking too bad on paper.

I'm not too keen on Justyn Ross. The kid has tons of talent, but he simply cannot stay healthy. I would not draft him to be a #1 receiver, because you can't count on him to stay on the field.

What a game

(11-27-2021, 08:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What a game

I was hoping Alabama would lose, so Cincinnati would be a lock for the playoffs, should they win out. They should still be safe though. With Ohio State losing, they'll either move up to #3 or stay at #4 with Michigan jumping them. It doesn't really matter though, Georgia almost looks invincible.

Great game but it’s hard to think bama really stands a chance against the dogs. If auburn’s D gave them that much of a problem, Georgia should dominate.

(11-27-2021, 05:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't see him sneaking out of RD1. I could see a team like Kansas City, Tampa Bay, Green Bay or Baltimore trying to get him late on opening night or even a team trying to trade back up to get him. Arizona could be in the market for him if Christian Kirk walks during free agency and with A.J Green not really getting any younger.

Olave, Wilson, Burks, London and Williams should all be 1st rounders if their Combine numbers are good and there are no serious character concerns. David Bell and Dotson would be the borderline 1st rounders and I'd expect one of these to be favorites for the Jaguars to take in round 2. I'd be very happy with either player. My hope is that they can re-sign Chark to a one year deal since he is unlikely to get any great offers in free agency due to his injuries. Even if they do re-sign Chark, they should also try to sign Godwin to a multi-year deal. This would give them a solid group to enable Lawrence to take it to the next level in 2022.

(11-27-2021, 10:46 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Olave, Wilson, Burks, London and Williams should all be 1st rounders if their Combine numbers are good and there are no serious character concerns. David Bell and Dotson would be the borderline 1st rounders and I'd expect one of these to be favorites for the Jaguars to take in round 2. I'd be very happy with either player. My hope is that they can re-sign Chark to a one year deal since he is unlikely to get any great offers in free agency due to his injuries. Even if they do re-sign Chark, they should also try to sign Godwin to a multi-year deal. This would give them a solid group to enable Lawrence to take it to the next level in 2022.

I like Chark but I don’t have any faith in him staying healthy. We Must go after a WR 1 in FA but get one in the draft too. The other big need is a pass rusher opposite Allen. Both of these are doable in the first two rounds of the draft next year. The novelty of getting Ross to join TLaw and ETN is mitigated by his history of injury so if we don’t go receiver 1st round then hopefully Dotson there in 2nd

There are 6 or 7 WRs that are going to be given first round grades this year. I don't think there will actually be that many drafted. We should be able to get one of them at 35 or whatever early 2nd round pick we get. Odds are as good as any of them that Dotson will be that one.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 07:05 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-16-2021, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm with most people, it would be nice if we can come away with a really good WR from this class and get one of the top WRs in FA.  I guy I really like is David Bell.  He doesn't have the great speed but that double move along with the route running and hands are great.  He had over 1000 yrds as a freshman and 7 TDs.  This year he had over 200 yrds and a TD against the number 2 team, over 200 yrds and a TD against the number 3 team, and over 100 yards against the number 4 team.  Dudes a playmaker and is at his best against the best defenses.

Has good hands and body control and positioning, but the lack of speed would not make him a fit here (assuming UM and the scheme stays another year).

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!