Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(11-28-2021, 05:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 05:26 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Look at burrow with chase and tua with waddle today. Enough said.
And Wilson has Moore

Exactly. This off season will be extremely important

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is it accuracy though or the fact that this team hasn't had anybody healthy to develop chemistry with?

Other than Jones there seems to be miscommunication and disconnects at times with Shenault and everybody else.

He was still getting into a groove with Arnold. He lost him today. Agnew was getting better but went down. Chark went down. O'Shaughnessy went down.

Just seems like he has a ton of different guys to work with every other week and he can't settle into anything consistently.

He needs help. He's not perfect. I agree. His accuracy needs to get better in certain situations. He still needs a good supporting cast and more help from Bevell.

The play calls today felt and looked better on offense. He made three great throws in a row on that 8 point scoring drive. He obviously has the ability. Just needs to be consistent. That takes time to adjust as you build trust and chemistry.

I think they need to get him two, three new receivers between the draft and free agency. Find a way to also snap up another receiving type TE as well.

I am going to keep my optimism here. It's too early to lose hope. Meyer has to get better and adjust as well. Cullen is the only saving grace this year as far as I can tell coaching wise.

Next two games on the road are going to be boom or bust scoreboard wise though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Too many routine throws are lacking accuracy.

Even on a lot of his completions, his ball placement is bad forcing the receiver to adjust either loosing their momentum allowing the defender to catch them or forcing them to reach to the point they fall down after the catch.

I know the receiving group isn't very good, but Trevor isn't doing a good job at hitting guys in stride causing them to miss out on a lot of YAC opportunities.

Two of our biggest pass plays were the result of amazing one handed catches because the placement was off.

He has got to get better at that if he is going to take his game to the next level.

(11-28-2021, 06:00 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Yeah, I'm kinda feeling TL is teetering toward hard bust territory. You really hate to see a guy everyone was touting as the next Andrew Luck go out there and look like the 2nd coming of Gabbert. All the physical tools, but just can't produce on Sundays.

Agreed.  Comparing him to Andrew Luck is like Comparing Pat Mahomes to Blaine Gabbert.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I think Trevor is going to be really good.

Yeah a lot of these guys would have bailed on Manning after his first year too. While I agree realistically Trevor’s rookie season has been a disappointment, to call him a bust is ridiculous. Likely (hopefully for us all) they will be happily eating crow on that.

(11-28-2021, 06:48 PM)Predator Wrote: Too many routine throws are lacking accuracy.

Even on a lot of his completions, his ball placement is bad forcing the receiver to adjust either loosing their momentum  allowing the defender to catch them or forcing them to reach to the point they fall down after the catch.

I know the receiving group isn't very good, but Trevor isn't doing a good job at hitting guys in stride causing them to miss out on a lot of YAC opportunities.

Two of our biggest pass plays were the result of amazing one handed catches because the placement was off.

He has got to get better at that if he is going to take his game to the next level.

This is beginning to concern me. I'm not declaring him a bust of course, but today was the first game I began having fears about TLaw's long-term future. The progress on this, seemingly floor-level ability, has just not been what I would have hoped for. The TLaw thriving in the up-tempo offense and falling apart in a slower pro style offense gave me flashbacks to when this was the same story with Gabbert (the beautiful flowing blonde locks didn't help...).

I don't know if it's coaching; TLaw himself; the talent around him or in front of him; or what, but we're in week 11 and I just don't think there's been progress on these basics. If anything, there might even be regression from the first few weeks.

It's beginning to become a concern. This season cannot end fast enough so this team can drill TLaw without a game every week to throw him to the wolves to.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Eh, I get not being satisfied with Lawrence at this point.

I am just so much more disappointed in our receiving group and offensive coaching staff. Knowing how bad those have been makes it really difficult to be hard on a rookie QB.

Bucky Brooks addressed a comment from a caller that was along these lines. He flatly said it's "nonsense". Considering TL is a rookie on a team devoid of talent, categorizing him as a bust, or as a QB who doesn't elevate the level of players around him, is a senseless argument.

The fact some consider him a bust already tells me they play too much Madden, or simply let their emotions overcome logic.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 09:34 PM by High Octane. Edited 2 times in total.)

Mahomes has Tyreke and Kelce
Rodgers has Adams
Herbert has Keenan + Mike Will + Ekeler
Brady has Evans, Godwin, AB, Gronk, etc.
Burrow has Chase, Higgins, Boyd
Josh Allen has Diggs + Knox + Sanders
Stafford has Kupp, Woods, OBJ, etc.
Dak has Lamb, Cooper, Gallup
Russ has Lockett and Metcalf

Trevor Lawrence has a couple special team players and practice squad call ups playing WR. I for one am not shocked that he's struggling.

Our luck strikes again with Lawrence

They showed a graphic of 4 key categories during the game. Lawrence was either 30th or 31st in every category. Ugh
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-28-2021, 09:57 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: They showed a graphic of 4 key categories during the game.  Lawrence was either 30th or 31st in every category.  Ugh

I'm pretty sure he was 33rd in one of those 4 categories, meaning one team has two QBs better than TLaw at whatever that category was (yards per attempt maybe?). Banana 

(Before someone jumps on me accusing me of calling him a bust too early, I'm not. I just found that graphic humorous in a typical #BecauseJaguars way.)
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

(11-28-2021, 09:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Bucky Brooks addressed a comment from a caller that was along these lines. He flatly said it's "nonsense". Considering TL is a rookie on a team devoid of talent, categorizing him as a bust, or as a QB who doesn't elevate the level of players around him, is a senseless argument.

The fact some consider him a bust already tells me they play too much Madden, or simply let their emotions overcome logic.

X2
Agree with everything u have said here

(11-28-2021, 06:00 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Yeah, I'm kinda feeling TL is teetering toward hard bust territory. You really hate to see a guy everyone was touting as the next Andrew Luck go out there and look like the 2nd coming of Gabbert. All the physical tools, but just can't produce on Sundays.

OMG, I can't believe that people are calling a rookie QB with a rookie HC, horrible O-line, and no playmaking WR's a bust.  Absolutely ridiculous.  

The Jags have the least talented roster in the NFL and until they start drafting and developing around TL, he won't see his full potential.

(11-29-2021, 12:49 AM)navyjagfan Wrote:

OMG, I can't believe that people are calling a rookie QB with a rookie HC, horrible O-line, and no playmaking WR's a bust.  Absolutely ridiculous.  

The Jags have the least talented roster in the NFL and until they start drafting and developing around TL, he won't see his full potential.

I can, you have to consider the foulness of the headsprings.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I love the desperate Lawrence believers who just keep generating excuse after excuse. Nothing he does on the field will have any effect on your ESPN/Media driven belief that he "has" to be great because all these folks who pimped him endlessly and breathlessly couldn't possibly be wrong.
Well the guy you ran outta town had the same cast of low rent teammates and a lame duck coaching staff full of misfits.
Here's how he started last season before he broke his thumb on his throwing hand: 19/20 with 3 TDS and O INTs against an above average Colts defense .
Then 27/35 for 3TDs and 1 INT on the road against a final four Titans team on the road.

Let me know when the can't miss "Generational Talent" we have under center has one game that comes within shouting distance of either of those performances. I

(11-26-2021, 01:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 12:19 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Fun take that'll make some heads explode.. Gardner Minshew was a far batter rookie QB than Trevor Lawrence. Oof. I wonder how their year 2s will compare, lets remember Minshew had arguably a less talented WR/TE group and basically the same O Line as well.

I'm not gonna deny the prospect potential in Lawrence, it's way higher than the outlook on GM... But now that we have the NFL tape... It's kinda funny that Minshew is the clear cut better QB as a rookie.

And? I love Minshew but his ceiling unfortunately was low and defenses were able to begin effectively game planning against him. 

And the “we need to wait to evaluate rookie QBs” knife cuts both ways. RG3 had a great rookie year and look how that turned out. You have to give the QB time, and a right situation to evaluate, before making any final judgement calls.

Uh, no they didn't "effectively plan against him" Minshew shredded the Colts in the last game of his rookie season and the Colts and Reich had an entire off season to "gameplan" and he came back and shredded them for an NFL record completion percentage record of 19/20 for 3tds and then he went 27/35 against the Titans for 3 TDs and 1 INT before he got hurt and fractured the thumb on his throwing hand. Nice try at revisionist history and pretending none of this happened though. The reality is that Minshew was a far better QB than this guy. Go back and rewatch those first two games and you'll see Pro Bowl level accuracy, poise, pocket awareness and smarts at reading coverages. Even after his injury, he still was more accurate than Lawrence is now and he was throwing downfield much more than the dink and dunk throws Lawrence is riding on now.

(11-29-2021, 01:57 AM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I love the desperate Lawrence believers who just keep generating excuse after excuse. Nothing he does on the field will have any effect on your ESPN/Media driven belief that he "has" to be great because all these folks who pimped him endlessly and breathlessly couldn't possibly be wrong.
Well the guy you ran outta town had the same cast of low rent teammates and a lame duck coaching staff full of misfits.
Here's how he started last season before he broke his thumb on his throwing hand: 19/20 with 3 TDS and O INTs against an above average Colts defense .
Then 27/35 for 3TDs and 1 INT on the road against a final four Titans team on the road.

Let me know when the can't miss "Generational Talent" we have under center has one game that comes within shouting distance of either of those performances. I

Get off minshews jock you weirdo. I don't wanna have to see your sloberfest at the end of every thread I open. Go post on the eagles message board.

It was fun and cool from April to September

But in typical Jaguars fashion, it’s a total nightmare from September to December