Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

In case you wanted to know what George Carlin would've said about this whole Covid/pandemic thing. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/LegendaryEner...7771501569

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We need George Carlin now more than ever.

(11-28-2021, 07:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: We need George Carlin now more than ever.

And Sam Kinison. What they would do on stage with the lunacy... It would be priceless.

(11-28-2021, 02:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 11:43 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: FSG, what is the point of saying it's working as designed? I don't get that. We have these discussions to dismantle the narratives and get to the root cause of the issue. When someone is saying that doctor's are hamstrung by the government, implying that American healthcare is better, then you respond with doctor's are hamstrung by insurance in the US, your implication is that it's not different in the US than Australia, right? You are saying doctor's don't have autonomy either place, right? Then I respond with that's a problem. We are all in agreement. Then you issue non-sequiturs. You're saying it's always been that way. It hasn't.... at least not to this level. Why would you post that if you're not defending the fact that it's a problem? Are you saying it's ALWAYS been a problem in the US? I don't think it has. Which is why I waste my time pointing out the degree of change in the last 30 years and how the corporatization of health care isn't actually making things better. Then you say we're in agreement. I don't get it.

It was a problem in 1973 when the HMO Act passed. It was a problem back when the 1965 Medicare Act passed. It's not recent, but it is accelerating as the technology to oversee it improves. Yes, it's a problem. Why are you incapable of agreeing that the system we have is what was built by the politicians and insurance lobbyists, along with physicians, hospitals, and their lobbyists to achieve what we have today? And doctors should not be fully autonomous either, medical malpractice and cost inflation is down that road. The system we have isn't an accident, it's just built to disguise who holds the true power from the people who actually pay for it. You've worked in the capital, what do you think you're going to do about it?

Why do you think I'm stating anything differently? Individual doctors don't have lobbyists. We, the patients, don't have lobbyists. This is a system that has been broken by the power of the corporation, and I'm talking about it here because people need to wake up to it and start making these issues rise to the forefront of the political conversation. As an administrator, you should be even more outraged by the way this is breaking our healthcare. 

I have never said that there doesn't need to be check on doctors.... especially bad ones. However, I don't think the current system is doing the best job for the doctors or the patients. You know... my original point.

(11-28-2021, 10:26 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 02:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It was a problem in 1973 when the HMO Act passed. It was a problem back when the 1965 Medicare Act passed. It's not recent, but it is accelerating as the technology to oversee it improves. Yes, it's a problem. Why are you incapable of agreeing that the system we have is what was built by the politicians and insurance lobbyists, along with physicians, hospitals, and their lobbyists to achieve what we have today? And doctors should not be fully autonomous either, medical malpractice and cost inflation is down that road. The system we have isn't an accident, it's just built to disguise who holds the true power from the people who actually pay for it. You've worked in the capital, what do you think you're going to do about it?

Why do you think I'm stating anything differently? Individual doctors don't have lobbyists. We, the patients, don't have lobbyists. This is a system that has been broken by the power of the corporation, and I'm talking about it here because people need to wake up to it and start making these issues rise to the forefront of the political conversation. As an administrator, you should be even more outraged by the way this is breaking our healthcare. 

I have never said that there doesn't need to be check on doctors.... especially bad ones. However, I don't think the current system is doing the best job for the doctors or the patients. You know... my original point.

Individual doctors absolutely do have lobbyists sent by the dozens of industry groups that support each individual specialty and all doctors as a whole. So do patients in the form of advocacy groups. Your recent anti-corporate zealotry is really impacting your ability to be rational as now everything bad in the world you've decided to lay at the feet of one Corp or another. As for your point, again, no [BLEEP], so why are you arguing with me?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Why does the evil little troll Fauchi only go on far left networks.

(11-29-2021, 12:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 10:26 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Why do you think I'm stating anything differently? Individual doctors don't have lobbyists. We, the patients, don't have lobbyists. This is a system that has been broken by the power of the corporation, and I'm talking about it here because people need to wake up to it and start making these issues rise to the forefront of the political conversation. As an administrator, you should be even more outraged by the way this is breaking our healthcare. 

Individual doctors absolutely do have lobbyists sent by the dozens of industry groups that support each individual specialty and all doctors as a whole. So do patients in the form of advocacy groups. Your recent anti-corporate zealotry is really impacting your ability to be rational as now everything bad in the world you've decided to lay at the feet of one Corp or another. As for your point, again, no [BLEEP], so why are you arguing with me?

You're arguing with me, dog. There is a corporate- political carousel that is occurring at the highest levels. You say I'm a zealot, but you're just not able to see it yet. The progressives are correct: we are heading towards fascism. They, like you, just can't realize how they are contributing to it. 

I don't believe in throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but it is becoming more and more clear to me that we need to make some serious changes that put more power into the hands of individuals. Just because I'm railing against the corporate-government merger doesn't mean I'm anti corporate or anti government. It doesn't mean I'm anti insurance. I'm simply saying that people need to be aware what's happening and start voting out politicians who are putting corporate interests in front of ours.

(11-29-2021, 10:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why does the evil little troll Fauchi only go on far left networks.

Because they don’t question him about anything.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-29-2021, 10:59 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 12:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Individual doctors absolutely do have lobbyists sent by the dozens of industry groups that support each individual specialty and all doctors as a whole. So do patients in the form of advocacy groups. Your recent anti-corporate zealotry is really impacting your ability to be rational as now everything bad in the world you've decided to lay at the feet of one Corp or another. As for your point, again, no [BLEEP], so why are you arguing with me?

You're arguing with me, dog. There is a corporate- political carousel that is occurring at the highest levels. You say I'm a zealot, but you're just not able to see it yet. The progressives are correct: we are heading towards fascism. They, like you, just can't realize how they are contributing to it. 

I don't believe in throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but it is becoming more and more clear to me that we need to make some serious changes that put more power into the hands of individuals. Just because I'm railing against the corporate-government merger doesn't mean I'm anti corporate or anti government. It doesn't mean I'm anti insurance. I'm simply saying that people need to be aware what's happening and start voting out politicians who are putting corporate interests in front of ours.

Lol, there you go again, assuming that you see things others don't. Assuming that you know anything at all about what I see or do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We are literally having an argument about that. I'm only assuming what you're saying.

Severity of SARS-CoV-2 Reinfections as Compared with Primary Infections -

"Reinfections were rare and were generally mild, perhaps because of the primed immune system after primary infection."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2108120
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(11-29-2021, 03:25 PM)Ronster Wrote: Severity of SARS-CoV-2 Reinfections as Compared with Primary Infections -

"Reinfections were rare and were generally mild, perhaps because of the primed immune system after primary infection."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2108120

*For Alpha and Beta strains. Still good news overall.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 07:06 PM by Ronster.)

I demand better protection from the vaccinated.... They are a danger to the world.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

UK recommends Booster Vaccines every 3 months for all adults.... FOR LIFE!!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59465577

It will be a cold day in hell before I go in for a shot every three months!

Well, that is what the data suggests.

(11-29-2021, 08:39 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, that is what the data suggests.

The data can go [BLEEP] itself… Laughing

(11-29-2021, 07:06 PM)Ronster Wrote: I demand better protection from the vaccinated.... They are a danger to the world.

Damn right. They are the PRIMARY cause for the spread now.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

[Image: variant.jpg]
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

Sheep will be sheared, then butchered.