Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

The LAPD is being used to force vaccinate people with special needs. This is infuriating!! https://t.co/DDFe1bVyl4

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-08-2021, 07:41 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 05:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I think he was asking you if you defend schools bribing kids with pizza to vaccinate them without their parents knowing.

Yup. 

Btw, you never provided your fool-proof plan for containing this disease.

What are you on about?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9v6q5YzbGA

Enjoyable video

(12-08-2021, 05:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 05:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Like the vaccine mandate issue it seems that some folks just aren't aware of how the world actually works outside their bubbles.

I think he was asking you if you defend schools bribing kids with pizza to vaccinate them without their parents knowing.

No, and I didn't defend it, but I also recognize that schools, doctors, and teenagers often have exemptions to what most people see as ironclad rules about the provision of healthcare.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-08-2021, 10:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The LAPD is being used to force vaccinate people with special needs. This is infuriating!! https://t.co/DDFe1bVyl4

The op is a community service and those shots were authorized by their caregivers, not different than a parent forcing a six year old to get their shots. Can't you guys at least get something that's out of the ordinary to gripe about?

(12-08-2021, 10:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The LAPD is being used to force vaccinate people with special needs. This is infuriating!! https://t.co/DDFe1bVyl4

Lol.  So you've caught up to April 2021.  Well done to you!!  I'll give you a tip. Don't watch the NFL season when it starts.

Also:  This is Operation Homebound, a campaign led by LASD to offer the vaccine to consenting people with disabilities. The operation used the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which requires only one dose, making it particularly suitable for vulnerable people who may find it more difficult to deal with the administration and waiting that getting vaccinated implies.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021, 10:25 AM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-05-2021, 02:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 02:24 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It only takes one double standard for the protection to fall apart. One VIP flies in, tests negative because it's early in the infection period, then goes about their business because they can, and the virus is now transmitted there.

Truly not much different from all the people who claimed the precautions didn't work while also not following them.

(12-07-2021, 02:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 12:56 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The "precautions" are unproven and/or ineffective. Your belief in them doesn't change that. Show me a precaution that is proven and effective and then we can take this conversation of of make believe.

Never worked in a lab or infectious disease ward I see.

(12-07-2021, 07:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 06:35 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: They can't be done.

Sure they can, it's a matter of will.

(12-07-2021, 08:23 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'll have what he's having....

Seriously, though, please explain.

(12-08-2021, 10:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 07:41 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yup. 

Btw, you never provided your fool-proof plan for containing this disease.

What are you on about?

You don't remember that conversation... you know, the one where you tried to pretend our entire planet was an infectious disease ward? I want to know what precautions we can take that would be 100% effective. What plan do you think exists that is going to stop the transmission and mutation of this virus?

[Image: Prochoice.jpg]

Smudge the Cat is RIGHT!
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

Fauci: "I would prefer, and we all would prefer that people would be voluntarily getting vaccinated, but if they're not gonna do that, sometimes you've got to do things that are unpopular, but that clearly supersede individual choices..." https://t.co/yxbOw9cwKw

(12-09-2021, 08:27 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 02:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Truly not much different from all the people who claimed the precautions didn't work while also not following them.

(12-07-2021, 02:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Never worked in a lab or infectious disease ward I see.

(12-07-2021, 07:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sure they can, it's a matter of will.

(12-07-2021, 08:23 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'll have what he's having....

Seriously, though, please explain.

(12-08-2021, 10:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What are you on about?

You don't remember that conversation... you know, the one where you tried to pretend our entire planet was an infectious disease ward? I want to know what precautions we can take that would be 100% effective. What plan do you think exists that is going to stop the transmission and mutation of this virus?

No, I was referring to you stating all these things I didn't say as additions to the very simple point I made. I posted something in this thread and you, like always, leapt in to disprove what I said, even if it means changing what I said to fit what you are trying to disprove.  It's almost Pavlovian with you now. It's so bad that you won't even agree that standard precautions are effective, you just have to contradict to what I said. But hey, beat that straw man some more, he's got some life in him yet.

(12-09-2021, 03:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 08:27 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You don't remember that conversation... you know, the one where you tried to pretend our entire planet was an infectious disease ward? I want to know what precautions we can take that would be 100% effective. What plan do you think exists that is going to stop the transmission and mutation of this virus?

No, I was referring to you stating all these things I didn't say as additions to the very simple point I made. I posted something in this thread and you, like always, leapt in to disprove what I said, even if it means changing what I said to fit what you are trying to disprove.  It's almost Pavlovian with you now. It's so bad that you won't even agree that standard precautions are effective, you just have to contradict to what I said. But hey, beat that straw man some more, he's got some life in him yet.
Fan boy checking in here.

FSG FSG FSG FSG! HE'S OUR MAN AND IF HE CAN'T DO IT, NO ONE CAN!

(12-09-2021, 09:22 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: Prochoice.jpg]

Smudge the Cat is RIGHT!

Cuts both ways.

If you want support freedom to vaccinate, you HAVE you support the right to abortion.

Do you?

(12-09-2021, 03:36 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 09:22 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: Prochoice.jpg]

Smudge the Cat is RIGHT!

Cuts both ways.

If you want support freedom to vaccinate, you HAVE you support the right to abortion.

Do you?

Killing a baby is on the same playing field as choosing not to vaccinate against a disease with a 99% survival rate?

(12-09-2021, 04:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 03:36 PM)captivating Wrote: Cuts both ways.

Do you?

Killing a baby is on the same playing field as choosing not to vaccinate against a disease with a 99% survival rate?

Killing a baby is infanticide and that's got nothing to do with this.  But you know that.

(12-09-2021, 04:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 03:36 PM)captivating Wrote: Cuts both ways.

Do you?

Not at all. Remember, we need to ask the baby if they consent to being aborted.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(12-09-2021, 03:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 08:27 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You don't remember that conversation... you know, the one where you tried to pretend our entire planet was an infectious disease ward? I want to know what precautions we can take that would be 100% effective. What plan do you think exists that is going to stop the transmission and mutation of this virus?

Bro, why are you being so smug? You can't take the highground when half of your posts are throw away comments. You and Cheatwood are sitting in a tree. 

I asked you several different times to explain what you meant. Take 5 minutes and elaborate and then maybe you won't be misunderstood. I don't have a duty to interpret all of what you mean in your head from a 10 word post, so when I ask you to explain that's literally me asking you to clarify your comment. When double down with another 10 word post, it's not going anywhere.

So again, I ask you... what do you mean when you say these precautions are effective? Would 100% vaccination stop the spread of this virus? 100% lockdowns? What is going on in that administrative little brain of yours?

(12-09-2021, 08:44 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 03:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, I was referring to you stating all these things I didn't say as additions to the very simple point I made. I posted something in this thread and you, like always, leapt in to disprove what I said, even if it means changing what I said to fit what you are trying to disprove.  It's almost Pavlovian with you now. It's so bad that you won't even agree that standard precautions are effective, you just have to contradict to what I said. But hey, beat that straw man some more, he's got some life in him yet.

Bro, why are you being so smug? You can't take the highground when half of your posts are throw away comments. You and Cheatwood are sitting in a tree. 

I asked you several different times to explain what you meant. Take 5 minutes and elaborate and then maybe you won't be misunderstood. I don't have a duty to interpret all of what you mean in your head from a 10 word post, so when I ask you to explain that's literally me asking you to clarify your comment. When double down with another 10 word post, it's not going anywhere.

So again, I ask you... what do you mean when you say these precautions are effective? Would 100% vaccination stop the spread of this virus? 100% lockdowns? What is going on in that administrative little brain of yours?
Cheatwood?!

I PLAY BY THE RULES SIR!

My bad. Used to work with a coach named Cheatwood and I almost ALWAYS read your name as Cheatwood, and I always feel guilty for it. That dude was a moron.

(12-09-2021, 09:18 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: My bad. Used to work with a coach named Cheatwood and I almost ALWAYS read your name as Cheatwood, and I always feel guilty for it. That dude was a moron.
I’m only playin.

All gravy.

(12-09-2021, 08:44 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 03:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, I was referring to you stating all these things I didn't say as additions to the very simple point I made. I posted something in this thread and you, like always, leapt in to disprove what I said, even if it means changing what I said to fit what you are trying to disprove.  It's almost Pavlovian with you now. It's so bad that you won't even agree that standard precautions are effective, you just have to contradict to what I said. But hey, beat that straw man some more, he's got some life in him yet.

I'm not being smug, it's just that it's a very simple precept, but you always try to read more into everything than what's there with a default position that I'm wrong. The precautions work if used correctly, it's not the precautions that are the problem, it's the people who will not abide by them. Need proof? For all that I don't agree with all that they are doing the difference in outcomes between us and the Aussies is obvious. Of course you won't be able to accept that because I said it therefore it's wrong, Q.E.D. Now you will spend the next 12 hours scouring the internet to find studies that show that infection rates are the same between the two countries or that there's some other esoteric reason why Australia appears to be dealing with Covid better than the USA that only you comprehend and in the end you'll still be unable to grasp a simple concept, I'll still be right, and you'll still think you are. So what's the point?