Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Zealand BANS smoking.......

New Zealand BANS smoking: Radical new laws will stop young people from EVER buying cigarettes as nation goes 'smoke-free' - so is Australia set to follow?
  • Anyone aged under 14 will be banned from EVER buying cigarettes in their life
  • Additional age groups will be added until it's illegal throughout New Zealand
  • The target is to wipe out smoking entirely by 2025 as part of a 15-year program

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article..._QbsuYsTUE
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Interesting approach to phasing out cigarettes. Better than a blanket ban on cigarettes that would impact lifetime smokers.

Be interesting to see if it works and what happens with illegal imports.

I hate the idea of bans because it can be the proverbial slippery slope, but as a former smoker this doesn't twist my dials terribly bad.

This is much easier for them to do as a small island than it ever would be for the US.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021, 11:25 PM by Lucky2Last.)

I have it from a very good source that the precautions will not fail if we're just really willing to crack down on people hard enough. Let's do it.

(12-09-2021, 11:25 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I have it from a very good source that the precautions will not fail if we're just really willing to crack down on people hard enough. Let's do it.

You first statement is correct. No one is advocating your second.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

You need to take your thoughts and push them further.

(12-10-2021, 10:36 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You need to take your thoughts and push them further.

And you need to reign in your imagination.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2021, 12:36 AM by Lucky2Last.)

What am I imagining? A world where you can just ask people to comply with every law that you think makes them 100% safe?

I think Lennon wrote a song about that.

Imagine there are no choices... it's easy if you try.... no thinking for yourself... and then you'll never die....

(12-11-2021, 12:34 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What am I imagining? A world where you can just ask people to comply with every law that you think makes them 100% safe?

I think Lennon wrote a song about that.

Imagine there are no choices... it's easy if you try.... no thinking for yourself... and then you'll never die....

No one (here) is advocating what you're saying. You keep moving into fallacious reasoning when you try to state other people's positions for them.

You don't seem to understand the implication of your comments. Either that or you are doing a poor job of explaining yourself.

(12-11-2021, 05:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You don't seem to understand the implication of your comments. Either that or you are doing a poor job of explaining yourself.

Or you just don't (won't?) understand.

Help me... help me Obi-Wan. Finish this sentence for me.

If people would VOLUNTARILY comply with current scientific "precautions" with regard to Covid ____% of this disease would be preventable.

(12-11-2021, 11:23 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Help me... help me Obi-Wan. Finish this sentence for me.

If people would VOLUNTARILY comply with current scientific "precautions" with regard to Covid ____% of this disease would be preventable.

Here's a bit of help...you're in the wrong thread.

As a life long smoker that acknowledges my early demise as a direct reaction to my action, please wait until I’m dead for this one.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-12-2021, 09:05 AM)EricC85 Wrote: As a life long smoker that acknowledges my early demise as a direct reaction to my action, please wait until I’m dead for this one.

If you look at their plan the total elimination action will take more years than you have left.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 04:55 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

Sometimes I miss smoking.....until I see the price of a pack of Marlboros and I'm good. I remember when I could buy a pack at the corner store for $1.51 and that was with tax. They're $7 and change at Walmart now.

(12-12-2021, 04:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Sometimes I miss smoking.....until I see the price of a pack of Marlboros and I'm good. I remember when I could buy a pack at the corner store for $1.51 and that was with tax. They're $7 and change at Walmart now.

That's part of the "nudge" to get people to stop smoking.