Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 14 - Jags @ tacks***

(12-12-2021, 04:50 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 04:44 PM)Preach Wrote: Trevor sucks. Regressing every week. He was better at the beginning of the year. We should see much better play from him by now.

Hate to start that topic again but I still can't shake the feeling that the root of the team's problem is that he isn't as good as expected. Lot of people get really defensive because they really, really don't want that but look for yourself. 

As of today the best case scenario is he's garbage because of everything else but I think it's becoming more and more obvious that he's a big part of the problem himself.

He's not the root of the problem but he's a contributing factor. With that said, he still is a gifted player who's only a rookie so he's got time to turn it around. Most concerning is the awful accuracy. That is something you generally want your QB to have as a fundamental skill.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What a horrible call
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 05:03 PM by Caldrac.)

This team has a [BLEEP] ton of work to do. Feels like the majority of the team has mentally checked out.

You have this odd mixture of no names trying to make a name for themselves on defense and keeping it interesting here and there.

Offensively it feels like they might be looking at at least 6 - 8 new faces next year. No consistency anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-12-2021, 05:00 PM)LMD Wrote: I don't know if I've ever felt like this team was as hopeless as it feels after today.

Yikes.

You have.
Since 1995.

(12-12-2021, 05:00 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Now to check twitter for the next hour hoping to see Meyer is gone.

He will be here next week. Doesn't matter how much we suck.

next year you mean
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-12-2021, 05:00 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Now to check twitter for the next hour hoping to see Meyer is gone.

He's here until Christmas, at least. Team missed the opportunity to let him enjoy Thanksgiving with his co-eds family, so now they can't fire him until the next holiday at the earliest. The Shad Khan way.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Huntley making better throws than Lawrence

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 05:09 PM by JagFan81.)

(12-12-2021, 05:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

next year you mean

The only hope is Khan has talked for years about needing a franchise QB. Well hes got one now but hes being ruined unless something changes and thats the only hope i have that Khan may actually do something early for once.

(12-12-2021, 05:03 PM)LMD Wrote:

He's here until Christmas, at least. Team missed the opportunity to let him enjoy Thanksgiving with his co-eds family, so now they can't fire him until the next holiday at the earliest. The Shad Khan way.

Very sadly possible but we can get shut out with a stand in HC. I cant believe anyone in that building sees us actually moving forwards with the current regime. Like we are building something here. This isnt the players aren't talented enough to execute their ideas, their ideas are the problem and this team is getting worse the more the season goes on.

Franchise QB? Did you watch this game? Or any other of Elf Boy's stinkfests this season? SMH.

(12-12-2021, 05:05 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 05:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: next year you mean

The only hope is Khan has talked for years about needing a franchise QB. Well hes got one now but hes being ruined unless something changes and thats the only hope i have that Khan may actually do something early for once.
He won't. Khan's too chicken [BLEEP] to pull the trigger after one year of horrendous level performances.

Lawrence does not look the part right now. Not seeing it after today. Really concerned with his decision making.

The staff is clearly in turmoil though. However, he still has to protect the football better than he did today.

The only way you salvage him now is by completely starting over by booting Baalke and Meyer and his offensive staff.

You then have to get the general manager and headcoach from the same school of thoughts. Again, maybe poach from BAL, KC, BUF, TB and NEW.

Maybe look at Rick Smith and Jim Caldwell as well. As they had a year or two off.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-12-2021, 05:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This team has a [BLEEP] ton of work to do. Feels like the majority of the team has mentally checked out.

You have this odd mixture of no names trying to make a name for themselves on defense and keeping it interesting here and there.

Offensively it feels like they might be looking at at least 6 - 8 new faces next year. No consistency anywhere.

This is carbon copied from what many of us said last year. Deja Vu.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 05:16 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-12-2021, 05:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 05:05 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: The only hope is Khan has talked for years about needing a franchise QB. Well hes got one now but hes being ruined unless something changes and thats the only hope i have that Khan may actually do something early for once.
He won't. Khan's too chicken [BLEEP] to pull the trigger after one year of horrendous level performances.

Lawrence does not look the part right now. Not seeing it after today. Really concerned with his decision making.

The staff is clearly in turmoil though. However, he still has to protect the football better than he did today.

The only way you salvage him now is by completely starting over by booting Baalke and Meyer and his offensive staff.

You then have to get the general manager and headcoach from the same school of thoughts. Again, maybe poach from BAL, KC, BUF, TB and NEW.

Maybe look at Rick Smith and Jim Caldwell as well. As they had a year or two off.

Agreed. It has to be a package deal. Meyer, Baake and Bevell, at least. Hopefully he has consultants screening GM candidates right now to get the right one hired on the first day eligible.

And for the love of diety, get Keenan McCardell back here.

We need a whole new staff. It’s too bad we let Minshew go, because I think the competition he would have brought this year would have helped push Lawrence.

(12-12-2021, 05:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 05:05 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: The only hope is Khan has talked for years about needing a franchise QB. Well hes got one now but hes being ruined unless something changes and thats the only hope i have that Khan may actually do something early for once.

Lawrence definitely deserves criticism and he was making some bad decisions to try and make a miracle happen and you cant do that in the NFL. I still think Lawrence will turn into a top level QB but you need to build to his strengths and give him weapons.

The whole team looks broken. The D has been playing above their level for a few weeks but with the O looking so bad, teams arent giving us their best shot. I agree we need to just cut our losses and start over, on paper the Meyer signing looked like a smart move but its been a disaster, right from week 1 to now. There hasn't been a good spell, just odd moments and a couple freak W's.

There was so much enthusiasm when we got Lawrence not just with the fans but the City and seeing it all just crumble like this is just crushing. And Khan needs to make some changes as i just cant see how we suddenly turn the corner under Meyer. I agree the GM and HC habe to be on the same page and have the same ideas on building a team that fits the HC's schemes.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 05:24 PM by Caldrac.)

(12-12-2021, 05:19 PM)Newton Wrote: We need a whole new staff. It’s too bad we let Minshew go, because I think the competition he would have brought this year would have helped push Lawrence.
Agreed. They gave him reps all summer with the 1st team only to hand him over for nothing to the Eagles.

You not only screwed your rookie QB out of valuable reps but you took away a guy that was capable of breathing down his neck, gaining more trade value had they let Trevor sit and also being a relatable young guy with trying to carry a dumpster fire of a franchise.

(12-12-2021, 05:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 05:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He won't. Khan's too chicken [BLEEP] to pull the trigger after one year of horrendous level performances.

Agreed. It has to be a package deal. Meyer, Baake and Bevell, at least. Hopefully he has consultants screening GM candidates right now to get the right one hired on the first day eligible.

And for the love of diety, get Keenan McCardell back here.
Khan won't do it.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 05:24 PM by jaglyn.)

Need to erase Trevor’s memory that this season ever happened

Next year, with a new coach, he plays thinking it’s still his rookie year. Of course he’ll also forget that he got married to his college sweetheart, but that’s something we can fix that later

First shutout since 09

have they #fireUrbanMeyer yet????

(12-12-2021, 05:24 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Need to erase Trevor’s memory that this season ever happened

Next year, with a new coach, he plays thinking it’s still his rookie year. Of course he’ll also forget that he got married to his college sweetheart, but that’s something we can fix that later

[Image: raw]

A grand total of 8 yds rushing today.

Thats going to win you plenty of football games...