Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad hired you as the new General Manager of the Jaguars! Where do you start?

(12-18-2021, 11:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Unless Shad can somehow fire his own son, the GM search is moot. We will continue to have "GM by committee" because Tony stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

If I were GM, I'd never let a RB get to a 2nd contract and draft one every 2 years. I'd draft mainly defense because historically,  offensive free agents are more likely to be productive than defensive free agents. I'd pay the prime OL free agents whatever they wanted to come here. I'd pay a prime WR whatever he wanted to come here. I'd prioritize drafting players from SEC schools.

I like everything but the SEC focus. If you're drafting BAP, inevitably more players will come from SEC, but when you target the SEC you force yourself to fall in love with Chaisson and CJ Henderson.

Everything else you said is good. I think Tony is smart, so I'd put him to work on endless projects to make him feel useful. For example, I'd find out for sure what percentage of offensive free agents vs. defensive free agents succeed. I'd have him build a metric to determine what positions groups to draft in what rounds, based on historical success. 

I'd prioritize stocking the premium positions - QB, LT/RT, DE, and CB in the first 3 rounds. I'd neglect LB and TE in the draft for the most part unless a stud fell to me. Otherwise I'd find pay for proven TEs that other teams developed. LBs -- I'd bring in a slew of undrafted guys to compete every year. Someone will emerge. I think you've got to figure out where you can get by with having an "average" or subpar unit. The Colts under Polian could get by with having a marginal offensive line because Peyton got rid of the ball so fast. Tampa under Dungy got by without an elite secondary because he played a lot of zone and cover 2 and his D-line was elite.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I fire all staff, trade overrated Trevor get john madden as new gm, then hire John henderson as jags Defense cord,for offense i bring in bosli as the O corrdniter,and hire Mark burnaul as jags HC.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I agree with some comments on here about not creating more holes than we already have. That being said...

1. Can the entire offensive staff & Trent Baalke... no holding back. time to wipe the slate clean here.
2. Hire Pedersen & let him meet with Cullen to decide who on his staff he wants to keep but this will allow Pedersen to hold Cullen accountable in the future if things are not panning out.
3. Aquire a WR, OL and a MLB/DE or CB in FA with tier 1 free agents in a perfect world.
4. BAP in the draft. There's no reason to draft off of need this year. (Preferably DE or LB in round 1 depending on how FA shakes out)
5. Fill in needs with undrafted draft prospects.

Roll the dice and hope for a culture building year that ideally brings us somewhere near the .500 mark or better.

(12-18-2021, 05:37 PM)mikesez Wrote: As with 2021, o-line is the first priority, and the second priority is way behind.

Really?  We have no receivers and 0 playmakers.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-18-2021, 09:57 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 05:37 PM)mikesez Wrote: As with 2021, o-line is the first priority, and the second priority is way behind.

Really?  We have no receivers and 0 playmakers.
UFA strikes hard

No left tackle, no left guard, Linder injured at center with Shatley gone, Cann gone, Richardson gone, Taylor sucks…

How the [BLEEP] is this not a major priority?

(12-18-2021, 10:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 09:57 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Really?  We have no receivers and 0 playmakers.
UFA strikes hard

No left tackle, no left guard, Linder injured at center with Shatley gone, Cann gone, Richardson gone, Taylor sucks…

What is your problem?  Every post I make all you do is try to insult me or the post.  Get off my Jock and stop sweating me.

1.  He said offensive line is a priority and nothing else is close.  I disagree.  We are starved for playmakers almost as much as we need linemen.  The bengals last year drafted Jamar Chase instead of Sewell and that worked out for them.  I think we need playmakers almost as bad as we need linemen.

2. Where exactly in my post did I say Offensive line wasn't a priority?  I was even screaming for the Jags to draft a LT early last year.

Go back to your hole troll.  I am so sick of having to school you.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2021, 10:24 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Isn't it funny how last year no one was saying our WRs were garbage? Sure we need a playmaker for Trevor BUT WR's coach and new OC are more important.

O-line should be #1 priority
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-18-2021, 10:19 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 10:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: UFA strikes hard

What is your problem?  Every post I make all you do is try to insult me or the post.  Get off my Jock and stop sweating me.

1.  He said offensive line is a priority and nothing else is close.  I disagree.  We are starved for playmakers almost as much as we need linemen.  The bengals last year drafted Jamar Chase instead of Sewell and that worked out for them.  I think we need playmakers almost as bad as we need linemen.

2. Where exactly in my post did I say Offensive line wasn't a priority?  I was even screaming for the Jags to draft a LT early last year.

Go back to your hole troll.  I am so sick of having to school you.

LOL

Sack up and stop taking things personally 

I don’t give a [BLEEP] about your posts vs any others

I merely call out dumb [BLEEP] when I see it 

Diminishing the needs at OL in any way is moronic - they have NO ONE THERE 

Have a great night, and untwist the panties

(12-18-2021, 08:12 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 11:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Unless Shad can somehow fire his own son, the GM search is moot. We will continue to have "GM by committee" because Tony stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

If I were GM, I'd never let a RB get to a 2nd contract and draft one every 2 years. I'd draft mainly defense because historically,  offensive free agents are more likely to be productive than defensive free agents. I'd pay the prime OL free agents whatever they wanted to come here. I'd pay a prime WR whatever he wanted to come here. I'd prioritize drafting players from SEC schools.

I like everything but the SEC focus. If you're drafting BAP, inevitably more players will come from SEC, but when you target the SEC you force yourself to fall in love with Chaisson and CJ Henderson.

Everything else you said is good. I think Tony is smart, so I'd put him to work on endless projects to make him feel useful. For example, I'd find out for sure what percentage of offensive free agents vs. defensive free agents succeed. I'd have him build a metric to determine what positions groups to draft in what rounds, based on historical success. 

I'd prioritize stocking the premium positions - QB, LT/RT, DE, and CB in the first 3 rounds. I'd neglect LB and TE in the draft for the most part unless a stud fell to me. Otherwise I'd find pay for proven TEs that other teams developed. LBs -- I'd bring in a slew of undrafted guys to compete every year. Someone will emerge. I think you've got to figure out where you can get by with having an "average" or subpar unit. The Colts under Polian could get by with having a marginal offensive line because Peyton got rid of the ball so fast. Tampa under Dungy got by without an elite secondary because he played a lot of zone and cover 2 and his D-line was elite.
Here you go...

Historic Success Chart
The numbers show us the following outline for finding consistent starters:

1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)
2nd Round - OL (70%) LB (55%) TE (50%) WR (49%) DB (46%) QB (27%) DL (26%) RB (25%)
3rd Round - OL (40%) TE (39%) LB (34%) DL (27%) WR (25%) DB (24%) QB (17%) RB (16%)
4th Round - DL (37%) TE (33%) OL (29%) LB (16%) WR(12%) DB (11%) RB (11%) QB (8%)
5th Round - TE (32%) DB (17%) WR (16%) OL (16%) DL (13%) RB (9%) LB (4%) QB (0%)
6th Round - TE (26%) OL (16%) DL (13%) WR (9%) DB (8%) RB (6%) LB (5%) QB (0%)
7th Round - DB (11%) OL (9%) QB (6%) WR (5%) DL (3%) LB (2%) RB (0%) TE (0%)

Source
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/20...t-by-round
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I begin an immediate search for a HC. I want an offensive minded coach from a winning organization who is known for developing QB's. Getting Trevor Lawrence on track is without a doubt, priority #1. I involve Trevor in the search and make sure he is comfortable with the person I hire. I also ask each person I interview who they intend to bring in as Coordinators and coaches to make sure that we don't have a huge debacle like when Meyer tried to bring in that racist coach. We CANNOT repeat the mistakes of the past. We HAVE TO learn from all the things we've done wrong in order to turn things around.

I try to look for trade partners in deals for Jawaan Taylor, Laviska Shenault and Myles Jack. There is a good chance we might not get anything for Taylor and Shenault and if that is the case, I cut them outright. I'm not gonna waste time trying Taylor inside at OG, he sucks and he has to go. The same for Shenault. I'm not keeping dead weight. As for Jack, it's obvious that he is best suited for a 4-3 scheme as an OLB. He has some value to other teams, so I take the best offer I get, no matter what it is.

Free agency is gonna be an uphill battle now that our reputation is even worse than it was before. We have to upgrade this O-Line though. If Terron Armstead hits free agency, I call his agent immediately and offer him a 4 year deal, making him the top paid OT in NFL history. I make sure I'm the top bidder by quite a bit. Solidifying the LT position is a must and he is by far, the best player in free agency. As I have said on numerous occasions, I think this is the worst OT draft class in at least 5 years. I wouldn't even consider selecting one of these OT's until at least, round 3. So, I cannot count on filling either starting OT in the draft. It has to be done in free agency in order to get significantly better. I also target Riley Reiff in free agency as well. He had made the Bengals O-Line so much better this season, until his injury and he is now on I.R. If I could somehow land Armstead and Reiff for LT and RT, that would be the ideal scenario. If I only land Armstead or Reiff, at least that would help. If I land neither, I franchise Cam Robinson one more year and add depth via free agency by signing a young OT with potential to compete with Robinson and Little for starting positions. The guy I like for that spot is Joseph Noteboom of the Rams. If none of these moves work out, we're screwed. I also look at the OG's and Centers and see who is allowed to hit free agency and then make some other offers. If all of my options fail for OT, I make a trade for a good, young OT. If I have to use this year's 3rd round pick and next year's 1st round pick, so be it. I have to get a veteran OT, one way or another.

I need to add a veteran WR with speed to this roster, so I don't put too much pressure on the rookie WR's we bring in. Obviously, Davante Adams is the prize, but I see no way he's coming here. The same goes for Chris Godwin, but I make very high offers to them anyway and see what happens. I definitely re-sign D.J. Chark. The offense completely fell apart when he got injured. I also make an offer to Mike Williams of the Chargers. If I can't get Adams, Godwin or Williams, I reach out to Christian Kirk, Michael Gallup, Marques Valdez-Scantling and Russell Gage and see what I come up with. I then focus heavily on WR in the draft.

When it comes to the draft, I'm taking the BAP. If we have a top 2 pick, I'm taking one of the DE/OLB's (Hutchinson or Thibodeaux) and if we pick lower and they are gone, I'm taking my next highest rated player (Jameson Williams), but I'm gonna try and slide down a bit to get him. Definitely no lower than #6 overall though. From there, I concentrate on WR, ILB, OG, Center, OT, S, TE, CB and OLB, if we don't get one of the top 2 pass rushers in round 1. There is no priority of positions. I just take the BAP, depending on who is the most highly rated player when we pick. I'm definitely double dipping at the WR and ILB positions. We need all new starters at both spots and I would be very active bringing in as many UDFA's as possible. I'm looking for help anywhere I can get it.

Even if everything on this list goes perfectly, it still won't make us a playoff team. I make the fans realize this is gonna take a while, but they WILL see improvements and that is the new goal. We need to keep improving until we get to that point where we are competitive and then to where we are contenders. My new team slogan is "No looking back, only forward." We need a new mindset for the team and the fans. No more hanging on to past mistakes, we learn from them and move on. It's all about noticeable improvements, taking accountability and looking to the future.

If we're drafting #2, I'd be willing to trade down rather than take a pass rusher.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

1. Fire Frank Frangie
2. Fire John Oesher
3. Bring back updated 1996 Uniforms
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 12:50 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Eric B. HC
I'd advise keeping Cullen but would give Eric B the choice.
Spending big time in FA on WR/OL
Assuming we get the 1st/2nd pick in the draft, I'm going to immediately field offers of trading out of said pick to get more 1st rounders.
I'm drafting BPA at positions of need (which is doable on this team, since almost every position is a position of need lmao)

Year 1 goal: See if Trevor is the guy long term. Surround him with two #1 wrs, a real TE and a top 10 OL if possible. If he's anywhere near as bad as he was this season with that, I wont hesitate to look elsewhere come 2023. Complacency would not be something I'm okay with.

(12-19-2021, 02:51 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Erib B. HC
I'd advise keeping Cullen but would give Erib B the choice.
Spending big time in FA on WR/OL
Assuming we get the 1st/2nd pick in the draft, I'm going to immediately field offers of trading out of said pick to get more 1st rounders.
I'm drafting BPA at positions of need (which is doable on this team, since almost every position is a position of need lmao)

Year 1 goal: See if Trevor is the guy long term. Surround him with two #1 wrs, a real TE and a top 10 OL if possible. If he's anywhere near as bad as he was this season with that, I wont hesitate to look elsewhere come 2023. Complacency would not be something I'm okay with.

That is a true we need to evaluate if Lawrence is really the franchise. Get him plenty of play makers to succeed. Year 2 will be real telling.

The O-line isn't bad except Taylor but it needs new blood. Replace Taylor no matter what and bring in an experienced RG in FA. Linder and Norwell probably have one more year left in the tank but their replacements should be drafted.

I'm not fully convinced a 3-4 is better than a 4-3 but if we're sticking with it I'm getting rid of Myles Jack and finds new 3-4 MLB's. We also need someone to help us with run defense and/or pass rush.

(12-19-2021, 03:33 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: The O-line isn't bad except Taylor but it needs new blood.

Holy crap, if we go through another offseason trying to convince ourselves that the oline is mostly ok it just needs a tweak here or there I might flip out.

(12-19-2021, 11:54 AM)Upper Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 03:33 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: The O-line isn't bad except Taylor but it needs new blood.

Holy crap, if we go through another offseason trying to convince ourselves that the oline is mostly ok it just needs a tweak here or there I might flip out.

I'll lose my mind if another GM/HC come in here with that attitude. (or retain Warhop)

Thankfully, they really can't look at it that way since we have five linemen becoming UFAs. 
They will be forced to make decisions on 3 starters and two backups.

(12-19-2021, 11:54 AM)Upper Wrote:

We need three new linemen next year and Little to be the LT. We need a game breaking WR, maybe that's Chark or maybe we need to sign a vet. We need to draft pass rush and inside linebackers if we're staying 34. All of these things can be done in one offseason.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-19-2021, 03:33 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: The O-line isn't bad except Taylor but it needs new blood. Replace Taylor no matter what and bring in an experienced RG in FA. Linder and Norwell probably have one more year left in the tank but their replacements should be drafted.

I'm not fully convinced a 3-4 is better than a 4-3 but if we're sticking with it I'm getting rid of Myles Jack and finds new 3-4 MLB's. We also need someone to help us with run defense and/or pass rush.

If I was ever wrong about anything, it was the O line. I thought they might be servicable and truthfully they seemed to be for a few weeks this year. But lately I'm watching our QB run away from the pass rush worse than Gabbert ran away from the pass rush in his head. They suck. Cam Robinson is the only half decent one and that's saying a lot.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 01:17 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-19-2021, 12:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 03:33 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: The O-line isn't bad except Taylor but it needs new blood. Replace Taylor no matter what and bring in an experienced RG in FA. Linder and Norwell probably have one more year left in the tank but their replacements should be drafted.

If I was ever wrong about anything, it was the O line. I thought they might be servicable and truthfully they seemed to be for a few weeks this year. But lately I'm watching our QB run away from the pass rush worse than Gabbert ran away from the pass rush in his head. They suck. Cam Robinson is the only half decent one and that's saying a lot.

The O-line regressed steeply. They started the season performing better than expected and held their own fairly well through the first 5 or 6 games. They're terrible now. Lawrence's scrambling ability is the only thing keeping him away from injury. I hope and pray before every game that TL finishes this season uninjured because of how poorly the O-line protects him. I don't care if we win another game - don't let Lawrence get injured.