Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Head Coach Candidates (Merged Threads)

Just seen Bevell is also getting an interview 

Yep, the man is Khlown

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-28-2021, 05:28 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Just seen Bevell is also getting an interview 

Yep, the man is Khlown

I mean when Trent Baalke is your GM, who else are you going to interview?

Don't be surprised if Bevell is announced as Head Coach. (Then fired after a year, and we bring in Adam Gase or something.)

(12-28-2021, 05:42 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 05:28 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Just seen Bevell is also getting an interview 

Yep, the man is Khlown

I mean when Trent Baalke is your GM, who else are you going to interview?

Don't be surprised if Bevell is announced as Head Coach. (Then fired after a year, and we bring in Adam Gase or something.)
I would be very surprised if Bevell is the HC next season.

Out of all the candidates listed, how does Bevell make it to the top? How do you sell the fans in Bevell (who managed the worst offense in Jags history) and Baalke (who helped roster that awful offense)? 

You don’t. I think Khan comes to his senses and it’s a clean sweep.

(12-28-2021, 05:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 05:42 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I mean when Trent Baalke is your GM, who else are you going to interview?

Out of all the candidates listed, how does Bevell make it to the top? How do you sell the fans in Bevell (who managed the worst offense in Jags history) and Baalke (who helped roster that awful offense)? 

If there is no plan to possibly try to sell the fans on Baalke then just can him now. If they're sticking with Baalke I expect they'll get a lot of "thanks but no thanks," responses to requests for interviews of hot coaches.

(12-28-2021, 05:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 05:42 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I mean when Trent Baalke is your GM, who else are you going to interview?

I hope you're right, but given that it sounds like we're keeping Baalke, I'm preparing myself for the worst and assuming Khan is just The Joker, and he wants to watch the world burn and names Bevell or Gase as head Coach.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021, 06:03 PM by SeldomRite.)

(12-28-2021, 05:56 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 05:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I would be very surprised if Bevell is the HC next season.

I hope you're right, but given that it sounds like we're keeping Baalke, I'm preparing myself for the worst and assuming Khan is just The Joker, and he wants to watch the world burn and names Bevell or Gase as head Coach.

Khan is hard to understand. He clearly understands and cares about what's going on to some degree because he canned Urban. Why he wouldn't go all the way and clean house on such a clown show is what's puzzling.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3295...ews-others

Quote:League sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Jaguars requested permission to interview Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich, Bucs defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, and Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett.

The Jaguars also have requested an interview with Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, a source told ESPN, confirming a report by NFL Network.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021, 06:20 PM by SamusAranX. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-28-2021, 06:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3295...ews-others

Quote:League sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Jaguars requested permission to interview Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich, Bucs defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, and Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett.

The Jaguars also have requested an interview with Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, a source told ESPN, confirming a report by NFL Network.

I can live with all these but prefer not to retread Quinn or Bowles

I hear that the Jaguars have requested to interview Alfred E. Newman.

We've been Klahned like Krusty.

Bevell ain’t getting the job. Don’t worry about that

(12-28-2021, 06:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3295...ews-others

I want an offensive mind HC. 

Nathaniel Hackett back in Jacksonville ?  Huh

I’d interview all the offensive guys and none of the defensive guys. Caldwell is a bland CEO type. He’d have to keep Cullen and bring a good offensive coordinator with him. I could see Baalke going in that direction because he wants someone milquetoast to control.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Eberflus would be the guy I want if we hired a defensive guy. Everyone raves about him as a person and leader.

(12-28-2021, 11:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...3362302980
That's honestly not a bad start. I would look at Joe Lombardi. Surprised Bieniemy and Daboll haven't come up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Bowles - no thanks
Caldwell - no as HC, would love as QB coach/assistant HC
Eberflus - not my favorite, but by far my favorite of any defensive candidate
Hackett - sure
Leftwich - sure
Moore - sure, probably the highest upside but riskiest
Pederson - my favorite of the retreads we've been linked to, since we haven't been linked to McDaniels
Quinn - big no

Jags are casting a wide net. This hasn't happened in a while in the NFL as usually the decision is already made.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-28-2021, 11:43 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Jags are casting a wide net. This hasn't happened in a while in the NFL as usually the decision is already made.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Khan knows. He's on the hot seat now locally. He's been a terrible owner for a decade and he's on the verge of already failing Lawrence, a generational prospect.

There's a dire sense of urgency here. Fanbase has grown restless and ticket sales need to be made.

At some point the rest of the owners are going to call him out. I have not seen this much blood in the water in Jacksonville over this franchise in my lifetime from the fans, the mainstream media and local media.

It's going to be interesting these next three to four weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-28-2021, 07:25 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:

I want an offensive mind HC. 

Nathaniel Hackett back in Jacksonville ?  Huh
Hackett would be the perfect Khan man candidate
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(12-28-2021, 11:24 PM)Upper Wrote: Bowles - no thanks
Caldwell - no as HC, would love as QB coach/assistant HC
Eberflus - not my favorite, but by far my favorite of any defensive candidate
Hackett - sure
Leftwich - sure
Moore - sure, probably the highest upside but riskiest
Pederson - my favorite of the retreads we've been linked to, since we haven't been linked to McDaniels
Quinn - big no

So you are cool with..

No experience, guys who failed miserably prior and have only been good as of late because they are an OC for QBs who are headed to the HOF.

Hackett bro? Really. Yes let's bring back king bubble screen.