Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Happy with Shad as the woner of the Jaguars organization?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Khan approval rating? Do you approve as Khan as owner?

I approve of Khan as an owner except for the Baalke thing. He spends money and makes moves that look good bu then turn out bad. It's not a lack of trying, and Ive been a fan of a franchise that wasn't trying and that was worse than this.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-01-2022, 12:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I approve of Khan as an owner except for the Baalke thing. He spends money and makes moves that look good bu then turn out bad. It's not a lack of trying, and Ive been a fan of a franchise that wasn't trying and that was worse than this.
He's a walking disaster. But, he's nice about everything in life and great for the community. He's that one friend in the group that's fun as hell to drink with but you know deep down there's a sadness in him and he's treated like a doormat.

You give him advice but he never listens or learns. It's frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Happy New Year everyone. I am in. I joined the movement Khan is a clown.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-01-2022, 12:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I approve of Khan as an owner except for the Baalke thing. He spends money and makes moves that look good bu then turn out bad. It's not a lack of trying, and Ive been a fan of a franchise that wasn't trying and that was worse than this.

This is pretty much where I'm at.

I don't see conspiracy or apathy in Khan's moves.
Just an unprecedented and horrible string of bad decisions when hiring managers and coaches. 
I'm hoping just plain 'ol probability may finally come to reckon in our favor this time.
I mean - it's not possible to endlessly hire the wring people is it? LOL

He comes across as being too nice and practical. Which I think is part of the reason he makes the wrong decisions with the hirings and firings. It surprisingly took him a lot longer to grasp NFL ownership

He is probably a genius and completely cut-throat with his other business(es) outside the NFL

My theory is that up until now, Khan is still trying to fit in with the exclusive club of NFL owners. Any brash moves and they may gang up on him, he looks like he had been doing this way too carefully

(01-01-2022, 02:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't see conspiracy or apathy in Khan's moves.
Just an unprecedented and horrible string of bad decisions when hiring managers and coaches. 
I'm hoping just plain 'ol probability may finally come to reckon in our favor this time.

Exactly. Shad continually makes bad decisions. He makes bad hires and then keeps bad hires too long. Firing Meyer was a good decision, but even then he kept Baalke, a living, breathing disaster. Now it appears they're telling HC candidates that they'll dump Baalke after the season . . . why? Why not just fire him if they want to present a more favorable job opportunity for prospective HCs and GMs?

Just another bad Shad decision.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Shad Khan is a great man who needs to fire Trent Baalke.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(01-01-2022, 06:10 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 02:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't see conspiracy or apathy in Khan's moves.

Exactly. Shad continually makes bad decisions. He makes bad hires and then keeps bad hires too long. Firing Meyer was a good decision, but even then he kept Baalke, a living, breathing disaster. Now it appears they're telling HC candidates that they'll dump Baalke after the season . . . why? Why not just fire him if they want to present a more favorable job opportunity for prospective HCs and GMs?

Just another bad Shad decision.

One reason I can think of is that we need Baalke because there are so many roster moves that have to be made right now with Covid and all that.  The roster is pretty chaotic right now, with guys coming and going due to Covid.  

Another reason might be that he doesn't want to look like he's firing Baalke because of the fan reaction, so if he fires Baalke at the end of the season, he can plausibly say he intended to fire him all along, he was just waiting for the end of the season. 

Besides, the end of the season is only 8 days away.

I agree he is trying and honestly wants the team to be successful on the field. But whatever it is the successful owners do to get there, he hasn't found a way to do it. Hopefully he gets it figured out this time.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

More like Crappy New Year after the news Baalke will be retained and the performance today.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2022, 10:13 PM by staropramen. Edited 1 time in total.)

In amongst all the drunks and idiots who called 1010 tonight, one happened to make what I felt was quite a good point. People slate the likes of Jerry Jones, but hes actively involved with the Cowboys and publicly available. Hes on sports radio in Dallas every single week answering to the fanbase. How often do we hear from absentee owner Khan? Our once a year memo? No doubt when Lot J rears it head again we'll get a statement sent from the yacht down in Naples to the website and twitter page.

Less said about his son the better. Jags behind fake wrestling and soccer for him.

(01-02-2022, 10:12 PM)staropramen Wrote: In amongst all the drunks and idiots who called 1010 tonight, one happened to make what I felt was quite a good point. People slate the likes of Jerry Jones, but hes actively involved with the Cowboys and publicly available. Hes on sports radio in Dallas every single week answering to the fanbase. How often do we hear from absentee owner Khan? Our once a year memo? No doubt when Lot J rears it head again we'll get a statement sent from the yacht down in Naples to the website and twitter page.

Less said about his son the better. Jags behind fake wrestling and soccer for him.

The Cowboys are Jerry's #1 priority, the Jaguars are somewhere down the list for Khan.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-02-2022, 10:12 PM)staropramen Wrote: In amongst all the drunks and idiots who called 1010 tonight, one happened to make what I felt was quite a good point. People slate the likes of Jerry Jones, but hes actively involved with the Cowboys and publicly available. Hes on sports radio in Dallas every single week answering to the fanbase. How often do we hear from absentee owner Khan? Our once a year memo? No doubt when Lot J rears it head again we'll get a statement sent from the yacht down in Naples to the website and twitter page.

The difference between Kahn and Jones is fairly simple.  Jerry loves his football team and is passionate about its success.  Kahn loves the balance sheet his team generates and doesn't lose sleep over anything else.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-02-2022, 12:13 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

I agree he is trying and honestly wants the team to be successful on the field. But whatever it is the successful owners do to get there, he hasn't found a way to do it. Hopefully he gets it figured out this time.

What are the odds he gets it right this time?  20%?

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 07:23 AM by Jag88.)

He has good intentions. It's super disrespectful to paint him as a clown. That doesnt mean he does not deserve to be evaluated but the clown thing is too much. Grow up guys

(01-03-2022, 07:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 12:13 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I agree he is trying and honestly wants the team to be successful on the field. But whatever it is the successful owners do to get there, he hasn't found a way to do it. Hopefully he gets it figured out this time.

What are the odds he gets it right this time?  20%?

Unfortunately, probably less based on his track record.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-03-2022, 07:23 AM)Jag88 Wrote: He has good intentions. It's super disrespectful to paint him as a clown. That doesnt mean he does not deserve to be evaluated but the clown thing is too much. Grow up guys

Yeah, better say nothing so he can keep [BLEEP] up and destroy the team even more. Only reason why Baalke might get fired is because of the clowns.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Gee, I wonder what Judge is referring to?  You don't think this is national news do you?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3298...ganization
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 10:29 AM by Caldrac.)

(01-03-2022, 10:20 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Gee, I wonder what Judge is referring to?  You don't think this is national news do you?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3298...ganization
Pretty funny. I read that last night as well. Felt the same way. We're now turning into an even bigger punchline and punching bagging as a city and team in the NFL.

"The british are coming" narrative we had to eat collectively over and over and over again with London calling. The tarps on the seats. The media blackouts. The NFLPA saying NOT to play here. [BLEEP].

Now the team is being ran by the spirit of Philip Astley in Shahid Khan's body apparently. [BLEEP] amazing man...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-29-2021, 05:15 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 03:04 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: Why does Khan get "cool points" for keeping a team in the city that you guys love?...

Going to games is overrated and I have been to lots of games not just Jacksonville....

Id rather see success elsewhere if it means different city is recommended than suck another 20 years here in Jacksonville.

This might be the dumbest argument in this thread.  I'd venture a guess the majority of jags fans are fans because the team is in Jacksonville.  If they ever left, I'd give them the finger and never support them.  I'd bet a lot of other fans would as well.  If I wanted to follow a successful team in a town I don't care about, why even be a jags fan in the first place?  Just go root for someone else.

Known troll. Do not feed.