Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(01-02-2022, 08:03 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 07:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote: In so many words, Trevor is finally telling us what we already know.. "This [BLEEP] is a mess"
https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...5169737731

This is such a bone-headed comment that I think the quoting must make it read poorly. TL is not shooting the lights out. He’s throwing one turd sandwich game after another. If he were racking up the performances and the team was dying around him the this quote as it reads could have some validity.

But even then where is the leadership?  Throws everyone under the bus but himself, eh?  And then wants a 1:1 with the owner?  Audacity, that’s what that is.

Lol. Never change dude, the giggles are epic.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Kind of annoyed now. The level of entitlement is concerning. Stick to being a QB. That's all I'll say. He's not Brady, Mahomes or Rodgers.

Let's pump the [BLEEP] brakes here...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-02-2022, 08:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Kind of annoyed now. The level of entitlement is concerning. Stick to being a QB. That's all I'll say. He's not Brady, Mahomes or Rodgers.

I’m not sure if Dillas tweet about another 1 on 1 is true. He may just be tweeting his thoughts. Sometimes it’s hard to decipher between his personal thoughts and what he’s hearing.

Either way. Trevor knows he is the future and the Jags know it.

(01-02-2022, 08:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Kind of annoyed now. The level of entitlement is concerning. Stick to being a QB. That's all I'll say. He's not Brady, Mahomes or Rodgers.

I think he knows this is his team and that he can't win if they don't clean house.

(01-02-2022, 08:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I’m not sure if Dillas tweet about another 1 on 1 is true. He may just be tweeting his thoughts. Sometimes it’s hard to decipher between his personal thoughts and what he’s hearing.

Yeah, could just be snark the way it's written.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Well. When you're drafted number one overall at the premier position in all of sports.

Yeah. You're expected to be the future. I don't think he was throwing anybody under the bus.

Pretty obvious this team has been flattened by a bus in general.

Maybe my concerns are not warranted. I just wonder how much input this young man thinks he has to bring to the table after barely one full season of football at an ownership and executive level.

Lines are already blurred enough as it is.

Time will tell I guess.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-02-2022, 08:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

I think he knows this is his team and that he can't win if they don't clean house.

(01-02-2022, 08:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m not sure if Dillas tweet about another 1 on 1 is true. He may just be tweeting his thoughts. Sometimes it’s hard to decipher between his personal thoughts and what he’s hearing.

Yeah, could just be snark the way it's written.

Yup it's 100% his team and he knows it. Regardless of what happens, he's going to be the QB here for a while. He wants to win and he's frustrated. He's the face of this franchise. Dude has his own Subway commercial that they ran during the game today. Who's the last Jag to have his own commercial lol.

They have to clean house and get this HC and GM hire right. It's going to shape Lawrence's career (he has to know that) and this Franchise's honestly.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2022, 08:46 PM by Protozoa. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-02-2022, 07:17 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Trevor wants to meet with shad again

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/14777...sVrKw&s=19

I'm gonna guess this is a joke from Dilla.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-02-2022, 08:44 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 07:17 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Trevor wants to meet with shad again

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/14777...sVrKw&s=19

I'm gonna guess this is a joke from Dilla.

I hope this isn't a joke and Trevor does want a one-on-one. I surely do not want his opinions filtered by our GM.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

LAWRENCE wants a one on one to apologize to Shad for his bad play.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-02-2022, 05:47 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 05:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: None of them. There's not a single player still on this roster from last year who looks improved. They've all gotten worse this year.

Jack has been terrible in this Defense. Shenault regressed big time. Allen hasn't did anything since the Bills game and he didn't do much before that game either.

This team has only gotten worse from last year and that's saying a lot.
Looking back, it is baffling that we have managed two wins. Even the first couple games(minus the opener against the tin horns) the team was in games against teams who now look leagues ahead of this team at this point. Arizona and cincy come to mind. We walked into the locker at the half leading those teams with momentum. Now we walk into the locker room having not only failing to make a team punt, but managing to give up a TD on every single drive through a whole half. Regression is an understatement.

Agreed. The Bills win was particularly perplexing. Combo of great D and poor O by the Bills.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 12:28 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

It's not just 2 wins. The jags were in the game with some good teams this year. Cardinals.. bangles.. I can list a couple more. The games vs the texans were head scratchers. Those should have been wins but then again you cant win if you cant SCORE. This teams problems is all about offense. Things unraveled later in the season. Bad offense and key njuries on offense. Bad play calling on offensive. Blah blah blah . Get things right in the off season please

(01-03-2022, 12:27 AM)Jag88 Wrote: It's not just 2 wins. The jags were in the game with some good teams this year. Cardinals.. bangles.. I can list a couple more. The games vs the texans were head scratchers. Those should have been wins but then again you cant win if you cant SCORE. This teams problems is all about offense. Things unraveled later in the season. Bad offense and key njuries on offense. Bad play calling on offensive.  Blah blah blah . Get things right in the off season please

That's typically what happens when you have a trash HC who meddles with the Offense ("I don't micro manage btw, not my job btw, I just bench who I want btw and blame other people for it btw" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL) and isolates the team's best Offensive weapon. You get trash results.

(01-03-2022, 12:49 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 12:27 AM)Jag88 Wrote: It's not just 2 wins. The jags were in the game with some good teams this year. Cardinals.. bangles.. I can list a couple more. The games vs the texans were head scratchers. Those should have been wins but then again you cant win if you cant SCORE. This teams problems is all about offense. Things unraveled later in the season. Bad offense and key njuries on offense. Bad play calling on offensive.  Blah blah blah . Get things right in the off season please

That's typically what happens when you have a trash HC who meddles with the Offense ("I don't micro manage btw, not my job btw, I just bench who I want btw and blame other people for it btw" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL) and isolates the team's best Offensive weapon. You get trash results.

If only the Jags had given Meyer more time.

This one hurts. If we can ruin this "sure thing" Great QB, then I guess nothing is possible anymore. I am really losing faith. Help me regain some

I keep waiting to get back to the damn Brunell, Keenan, Jimmy, Fred, Brady, Boselli. .... Stround,Hendo, Darius, etc. days. I guess the Ownership hasnt wanted that for a while. One anomaly year in [BLEEP] 10... [BLEEP], the JDR years are like Heaven compared to the past 10 years of shitshow.

(01-03-2022, 01:09 AM)JaguarWC Wrote: This one hurts.  If we can ruin this "sure thing" Great QB, then I guess nothing is possible anymore.  I am really losing faith.  Help me regain some

This one was expected brother. The Pats were always going to roll us in this game. It wasn't going to be pretty regardless, but made worse after their loss to the Bills last week. They're pushing into the playoffs and our team is just trying to coast out the rest of the season.

(01-03-2022, 01:16 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 01:09 AM)JaguarWC Wrote: This one hurts.  If we can ruin this "sure thing" Great QB, then I guess nothing is possible anymore.  I am really losing faith.  Help me regain some

This one was expected brother. The Pats were always going to roll us in this game. It wasn't going to be pretty regardless, but made worse after their loss to the Bills last week. They're pushing into the playoffs and our team is just trying to coast out the rest of the season.

Yeah. I just wish I could see some improvement.  I just hope mentally this doesn't destroy our QB.  Football matters so much what is between the ears... I remember what happened to my college qb Tim Couch in Cleveland... He was fed to the wolves and kinda never recovered.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 02:05 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

This team can be fixed this off season if the jags want to go all in. Spend the money and make good draft picks that can contribute right away. Look at the bangles. They got burrow all the weapons and then fixed their defense in free agency. This can be the jags next. Chase is so unbelievably good and hes got to more wr that are bad Azz. Keep chark jr and add a great wr in the draft. Add one in free agency. I would not trust any of the jags wr next year besides chark jr. Also, get 2 offensive like men and figure out who you want to keep on the o line who is already here.

(01-03-2022, 02:03 AM)Jag88 Wrote: This team can be fixed this off season if the jags want to go all in. Spend the money and make good draft picks that can contribute right away. Look at the bangles. They got burrow all the weapons and then fixed their defense in free agency. This can be the jags next. Chase is so unbelievably good and hes got to more wr that are bad Azz. Keep chark jr and add a great wr in the draft. Add one in free agency. I would not trust any of the jags wr next year besides chark jr. Also, get 2 offensive like men and figure out who you want to keep on the o line who is already here.

The problem is no one wants to come here, and Trevor is not playing like a world beater elite QB on a piss poor team. Great QBs elevate other's play and make average WR/linemen look great. Trevor checks all the physical boxes but doesn't do any of the aforementioned things like lift other's play. Even if you take away the drops, he doesn't see the field well, situational awareness is poor, and is not very accurate.. Bad problems to have if you want to be an elite QB. The good news is the situational part is  mainly coaching and can be fixed alongside with seeing the field/knowing what the defense is doing. Hopefully TL works hard on his footwork/ball placement in the off season because both could use improvement on his end.

This team is at least two years away from being "fixed"(assuming fixed means above average or better) and that is assuming we have amazing drafts and Trevor develops into what he is capable of.

Yes I wont believe the team is fixed until I see it . I think fans just want to see an explosive offense at the least and maybe sneak into the play offs soon. Hopefully entiene #1 can come back and show what he was in college. The jags need some good luck with him.