Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(01-05-2022, 08:23 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There have been several variants since Alpha. The main thing we are looking for is how does it compete in relation to the dominant strain. But yeah, you're right this is a news story. Prepare to get feared.

Dr. Fauci: "Irrelevant. Ring the bell."

Common sense: "But, Dr. Fauci..."

Dr. Fauci: "Ring the damn bell!"

Chuck Schumer: "Thank you, Dr. Fauci."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-04-2022, 03:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 03:18 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: I have been good. The only l complications I have is a lost sense of taste. I have adjusted to it by now since its been a over a year. My breathing has just finally started to get better, my oxygen was always around 89-91 and went up to the normal 97 range a few months ago. 

How about yourself.

So you've been like an old joke; tired and tasteless. Wink

I'm fine. No virus for me but I've taken both jabs and the booster, but I will not take another. No more. It'll have to come get me, but if it does, I'm not concerned because I'm confident the shots will minimize any affects. It's possible I've had it and was asymptomatic because the only time I've worn a mask for the last 8 months, or so, is when it was absolutely required. 

It's my completely uneducated guess that this omicron strain is the beginning of the end for the virus. At least I'm hoping. Please, God, make it so.

You know what homebiscuit I respect your choice to get vaccinated. Im starting to see alot of people like yourself who have decided the vaccine and 1 booster is enough. Could this be where vaccinations are the new norm now? Possibly. Also, I think “vaccine fatigue” is beginning to set in, thats neither here nor there and im sure the “pro-vax crowd” are not eager to have that discussion. 

Stay safe brother and will always keep you and others in prayer regarding keeping the sickness at bay.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(01-05-2022, 08:34 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 08:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Hopefully they continue on the declining track we see now.

Yeah... regression to the mean.

I told my wife early into the lab-leak theory that the best-case scenario with a manufactured virus is that it quickly evolves back to the state that gave the virus it's best chance of survival for thousands of years. Hopefully, that's what we are seeing with these mutations. I still have a concern of an ADE response, but I'm growing more optimistic with each variant.

Lab leak or not, viral evolution is random.  A new mutation could cause cell death more rapidly, or less rapidly.  The thing that causes pandemics to taper off is the human body's immune response becomes better and better through repeated exposure.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

All of this COVID junk is just that. JUNK... every bit of it. I have had people I know that died supposedly from COVID, but in reality it was the treatments that killed them. Sure, some people have died because of it, but so WHAT... People die everyday from something and more people die in hundreds of other ways every day. It is FEAR that we should be afraid of, the fear that the media and the government are instilling into society over a nonsensical out of our control illness. Good GOD, how did we ever survive as a species up until this point? I am sick and tired of all it. I am so glad I live in Florida so I do not really have to personally participate in this mass hysteria that has gripped the world. For the governments of the world its an opportunity to gain more control and power, for others it is about getting rich. At the end of the day, the world has lost its collective minds and so many people have gone INSANE... I refuse to play...kiss my grits

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/el...ut-a-mask/
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/le...-insanity/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-05-2022, 11:00 AM)Ronster Wrote: All of this COVID junk is just that. JUNK... every bit of it. I have had people I know that died supposedly from COVID, but in reality it was the treatments that killed them. Sure, some people have died because of it, but so WHAT... People die everyday from something and more people die in hundreds of other ways every day. 

Based on your assessment, we should also stop attempting to find a cure for cancer.  People die every day, right?

... dang, I didn't realize it was the treatment (e.g. respirators) that killed Covid patients.  All along I thought it was the fact that the Covid virus shuts down production to the lungs, kidneys, and other organs.

Thanks.  I learn so much when I come to the Political Section of this Message Board.

(01-05-2022, 01:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 11:00 AM)Ronster Wrote: All of this COVID junk is just that. JUNK... every bit of it. I have had people I know that died supposedly from COVID, but in reality it was the treatments that killed them. Sure, some people have died because of it, but so WHAT... People die everyday from something and more people die in hundreds of other ways every day. 

Based on your assessment, we should also stop attempting to find a cure for cancer.  People die every day, right?

... dang, I didn't realize it was the treatment (e.g. respirators) that killed Covid patients.  All along I thought it was the fact that the Covid virus shuts down production to the lungs, kidneys, and other organs.

Thanks.  I learn so much when I come to the Political Section of this Message Board.
SHEEEEEEEP GOOOOOOESS BAAAAAAAAAH

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 04:30 PM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-05-2022, 01:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Um, nooooooooo... that is not what I said nor suggested. They are not trying to cure anything with these vaccines, because it doesn't cure anything. 

Also, there is plenty of research and articles written that show how respirators among other BS treatments are killing people. These Doctors have NO IDEA on how to really treat any of this. But, I have first hand experience of seeing a healthy adult male DIE in the hospital after a month of so called treatments. He would have been better off staying at home or taking ivermectin. But we will never know, because the so called experts treated him to death.

[Image: Covid-Vaccine-Mask-Mandate.jpeg]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

[Image: rights.jpg]
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

(01-05-2022, 03:53 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 01:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Based on your assessment, we should also stop attempting to find a cure for cancer.  People die every day, right?

Um, nooooooooo... that is not what I said nor suggested. They are not trying to cure anything with these vaccines, because it doesn't cure anything. 

Also, there is plenty of research and articles written that show how respirators among other BS treatments are killing people. These Doctors have NO IDEA on how to really treat any of this. But, I have first hand experience of seeing a healthy adult male DIE in the hospital after a month of so called treatments. He would have been better off staying at home or taking ivermectin. But we will never know, because the so called experts treated him to death.

This might be the closest I can find to describing what you are explaining, though you don't say how bad off he was to be in the hospital. Link to the article

While Cordero’s cause of death was complications from COVID-19, his body had cleared of the virus by mid-April. However, while he remained in Cedars-Sinai’s intensive care unit for 95 days, Cordero contracted numerous lung infections that continued to weaken his progress, and his right leg was amputated due to blood clots.

At the end of May, Cordero’s wife, Amanda Kloots, said, “Nick is doing slightly better than yesterday. He is still very sick and battling a lot. They turned him to a proning position to open his airways. He has had this before and it helped a lot. They also cleaned his lungs out again to help fight the infection. He is and has been COVID negative now for weeks. What he is and has been dealing with is the [fall]out from the virus and from infections that arise from being in the ICU as long as he has.”

I would love to know if this guy had any preexisting conditions that caused him to react so badly to Covid-19 because he seemed to be a healthy 41-year old male otherwise. It could be one of those weird things like an autoimmune response gone wild or something not even thought of. I never knew one could be allergic to chigger bites until I got them. And I mean allergic. Awful, awful allergic reaction. Maybe that's what happened to this fellow. He had an awful reaction. 

A lot of the people who have been hospitalized have at least one preexisting condition and most seem to have several. Obesity seems to be a factor. The handful of people I personally know who have been admitted to the hospital with it are all obese and do not have solid nutrition. An older lady I know who is currently hospitalized is obese, diabetic, high blood pressure, eats southern cooked food (fried everything, high carbs, too much sugar, etc.) and doesn't get any exercise or eat fresh food. A guy in his 30s we know just got out and he has the same issues as the lady minus the diabetes, so his relatively young age didn't do much for him.

(01-05-2022, 04:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 03:53 PM)Ronster Wrote: Um, nooooooooo... that is not what I said nor suggested. They are not trying to cure anything with these vaccines, because it doesn't cure anything. 

This might be the closest I can find to describing what you are explaining, though you don't say how bad off he was to be in the hospital. Link to the article

While Cordero’s cause of death was complications from COVID-19, his body had cleared of the virus by mid-April. However, while he remained in Cedars-Sinai’s intensive care unit for 95 days, Cordero contracted numerous lung infections that continued to weaken his progress, and his right leg was amputated due to blood clots.

At the end of May, Cordero’s wife, Amanda Kloots, said, “Nick is doing slightly better than yesterday. He is still very sick and battling a lot. They turned him to a proning position to open his airways. He has had this before and it helped a lot. They also cleaned his lungs out again to help fight the infection. He is and has been COVID negative now for weeks. What he is and has been dealing with is the [fall]out from the virus and from infections that arise from being in the ICU as long as he has.”

I would love to know if this guy had any preexisting conditions that caused him to react so badly to Covid-19 because he seemed to be a healthy 41-year old male otherwise. It could be one of those weird things like an autoimmune response gone wild or something not even thought of. I never knew one could be allergic to chigger bites until I got them. And I mean allergic. Awful, awful allergic reaction. Maybe that's what happened to this fellow. He had an awful reaction. 

A lot of the people who have been hospitalized have at least one preexisting condition and most seem to have several. Obesity seems to be a factor. The handful of people I personally know who have been admitted to the hospital with it are all obese and do not have solid nutrition. An older lady I know who is currently hospitalized is obese, diabetic, high blood pressure, eats southern cooked food (fried everything, high carbs, too much sugar, etc.) and doesn't get any exercise or eat fresh food. A guy in his 30s we know just got out and he has the same issues as the lady minus the diabetes, so his relatively young age didn't do much for him.

See the thing is, he was a healthy, active local business owner. Exercised daily, ate right and did all the right things. He was in the hospital for over a month and contracted COVID 2 weeks prior to being admitted. COVID did not kill this man. He started off at St. Vincent's and they are the worst and was transferred to Baptist by his family, but it was too little too late. He never came off of the respirator. He and I were the same age. I am overweight, I smoke and eat mayo like its going out of style. This guy did NONE of that and I got COVID and recovered after about a month at home. Thank GOD they didn't try and treat me, thank God I got before they thought they knew what to do... Because when I went to the hospital it was obvious they had NO IDEA what to do, they told me to go home and rest.. I did and I am alive...

(01-05-2022, 04:57 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 04:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This might be the closest I can find to describing what you are explaining, though you don't say how bad off he was to be in the hospital. Link to the article

See the thing is, he was a healthy, active local business owner. Exercised daily, ate right and did all the right things. He was in the hospital for over a month and contracted COVID 2 weeks prior to being admitted. COVID did not kill this man. He started off at St. Vincent's and they are the worst and was transferred to Baptist by his family, but it was too little too late. He never came off of the respirator. He and I were the same age. I am overweight, I smoke and eat mayo like its going out of style. This guy did NONE of that and I got COVID and recovered after about a month at home. Thank GOD they didn't try and treat me, thank God I got before they thought they knew what to do... Because when I went to the hospital it was obvious they had NO IDEA what to do, they told me to go home and rest.. I did and I am alive...

Hospitals are dirty places full of germs.  Plenty of people before COVID go into the ICU or get on vent and get staff infection or some sort of infection while there and never make it out.  If he was sick enough to be admitted to the ICU from COVID, he may have died at home anyways, but going into those units and not coming out alive was happening well before COVID.

(01-05-2022, 05:16 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 04:57 PM)Ronster Wrote: See the thing is, he was a healthy, active local business owner. Exercised daily, ate right and did all the right things. He was in the hospital for over a month and contracted COVID 2 weeks prior to being admitted. COVID did not kill this man. He started off at St. Vincent's and they are the worst and was transferred to Baptist by his family, but it was too little too late. He never came off of the respirator. He and I were the same age. I am overweight, I smoke and eat mayo like its going out of style. This guy did NONE of that and I got COVID and recovered after about a month at home. Thank GOD they didn't try and treat me, thank God I got before they thought they knew what to do... Because when I went to the hospital it was obvious they had NO IDEA what to do, they told me to go home and rest.. I did and I am alive...

Hospitals are dirty places full of germs.  Plenty of people before COVID go into the ICU or get on vent and get staff infection or some sort of infection while there and never make it out.  If he was sick enough to be admitted to the ICU from COVID, he may have died at home anyways, but going into those units and not coming out alive was happening well before COVID.

My daughter and son-in-law are nurses that have had 4 years of recent travel nursing experience in ICU's, as well as at Mayo Clinic. ICU's are germ factories. The sooner you are discharged from them, the better. Ask any ICU nurse/doctor/provider; if honest, they will tell you the same thing.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-05-2022, 05:21 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 05:16 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Hospitals are dirty places full of germs.  Plenty of people before COVID go into the ICU or get on vent and get staff infection or some sort of infection while there and never make it out.  If he was sick enough to be admitted to the ICU from COVID, he may have died at home anyways, but going into those units and not coming out alive was happening well before COVID.

My daughter and son-in-law are nurses that have had 4 years of recent travel nursing experience in ICU's, as well as at Mayo Clinic. ICU's are germ factories. The sooner you are discharged from them, the better. Ask any ICU nurse/doctor/provider; if honest, they will tell you the same thing.

Truth on both accounts. I told my husband if I was ever put on a vent to keep me alive, don't let them because I'll likely not come off. And that was before Covid. I'd rather die than be kept alive by artificial means in an ICU. I hate hospitals and I'm not a germaphobe at all. I just hate hospitals and doctor offices. Dirtiest places other than truck stop restrooms.

(01-05-2022, 03:53 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 01:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Based on your assessment, we should also stop attempting to find a cure for cancer.  People die every day, right?

So now you are saying the entire medical profession is incompetent.  You really aren't playing with a full deck are you.

(01-05-2022, 05:35 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 03:53 PM)Ronster Wrote: Um, nooooooooo... that is not what I said nor suggested. They are not trying to cure anything with these vaccines, because it doesn't cure anything. 

So now you are saying the entire medical profession is incompetent.  You really aren't playing with a full deck are you.

Is that what I said, really? I see you are still struggling with reading comprehension... 

I am saying that they had NO FREAKING CLUE and REALLY STILL HAVE NO CLUE on how to treat COVID correctly. And why is that? BECAUSE POLITICANS AND THE MEDIA WILL NOT LET THEM!! 

Sit down son.

(01-05-2022, 05:39 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 05:35 PM)captivating Wrote: So now you are saying the entire medical profession is incompetent.  You really aren't playing with a full deck are you.

Is that what I said, really? I see you are still struggling with reading comprehension... 

I am saying that they had NO FREAKING CLUE and REALLY STILL HAVE NO CLUE on how to treat COVID correctly. And why is that? BECAUSE POLITICANS AND THE MEDIA WILL NOT LET THEM!! 

Sit down son.

So yes then.  You said "These Doctors have NO IDEA on how to really treat any of this".  You then claim the Doctors killed your friend.

That pretty much says incompetence.

So maybe you need to go and lie down.

(01-05-2022, 09:17 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 05:39 PM)Ronster Wrote: Is that what I said, really? I see you are still struggling with reading comprehension... 

Sit down son.

So yes then.  You said "These Doctors have NO IDEA on how to really treat any of this".  You then claim the Doctors killed your friend.

That pretty much says incompetence.

So maybe you need to go and lie down.

Ya, with this COVID nonsense, definitely incompetent if not downright negligent. And, I AM lying down, it’s almost bedtime

(01-05-2022, 10:40 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 08:34 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yeah... regression to the mean.

I told my wife early into the lab-leak theory that the best-case scenario with a manufactured virus is that it quickly evolves back to the state that gave the virus it's best chance of survival for thousands of years. Hopefully, that's what we are seeing with these mutations. I still have a concern of an ADE response, but I'm growing more optimistic with each variant.

Lab leak or not, viral evolution is random.  A new mutation could cause cell death more rapidly, or less rapidly.  The thing that causes pandemics to taper off is the human body's immune response becomes better and better through repeated exposure.
Since when do viruses mutate to form a more deadly virus? Factual science says they mutate to spread more and be less deadly to not kill the host.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-06-2022, 12:00 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 10:40 AM)mikesez Wrote: Lab leak or not, viral evolution is random.  A new mutation could cause cell death more rapidly, or less rapidly.  The thing that causes pandemics to taper off is the human body's immune response becomes better and better through repeated exposure.
Since when do viruses mutate to form a more deadly virus? Factual science says they mutate to spread more and be less deadly to not kill the host.

Ebola, West Nile, and the Spanish Flu are all viruses that have done so.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-06-2022, 07:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 12:00 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Since when do viruses mutate to form a more deadly virus? Factual science says they mutate to spread more and be less deadly to not kill the host.

Ebola, West Nile, and the Spanish Flu are all viruses that have done so.

Mutated to become stronger?