Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 05:35 PM by OzJohnnie. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2022, 07:09 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Written last September.  It could have been written last week.

Note to NFL teams: Stay away from Trevor Lawrence | Bust chance increases to 90 percent

Quote:The more I watch of Lawrence, the more this stuff is becoming clear to me. I have never bought into him to begin with, which helps me see through the false narratives and excuses so many like to wrap him in. Yes, he has the big arm – – I get that – – but he also is unreliable from the neck up and he has consistently shown it during his time in Jacksonville, and I have been evaluating and documenting it every step of the way.

At times Lawrence holds the ball too long and at times he tries to will his throws to happen, and he relies too heavily on that strength, which gets him into trouble and it will continue to.

It does not matter that Lawrence looks great part of the time or not. The hesitancy to pull the trigger and the overconfidence in his arm naturally comes out at all the wrong times. It is who Trevor Lawrence is. It is not a rookie thing.

On the first pick Sunday, Lawrence perfectly illustrates another reason he will continue to struggle. Once again he held the ball a little too long as he was sliding left. Denver’s defensive back stepped right in front of the pass and made the interception. This is exactly the difference between college and the NFL. In college he was able to get away with this when he did not have to rely on timing routes, but no way will this work in the NFL.

Not to mention, Lawrence continues to lack the necessary touch on passes at times throughout the game, and he puts too much heat on short passes his receivers drop. This is yet another problem he has had since day one in Jacksonville.

When you combine his glaring deficiencies with the lack of talent around him, Lawrence being a bust in Jacksonville is a sure-fire bet you can bet your house on. It will be years before the Jaguars will be able to build a talented roster.

-- Daniel Kelly is a former NFL scout with the New York Jets. He was hired on the regime which featured Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Scott Pioli, Mike Tannenbaum, and Dick Haley.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2022, 05:34 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 07:09 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Written last September.  It could have been written last week.

Note to NFL teams: Stay away from Trevor Lawrence | Bust chance increases to 90 percent

Quote:The more I watch of Lawrence, the more this stuff is becoming clear to me. I have never bought into him to begin with, which helps me see through the false narratives and excuses so many like to wrap him in. Yes, he has the big arm – – I get that – – but he also is unreliable from the neck up and he has consistently shown it during his time in Jacksonville, and I have been evaluating and documenting it every step of the way.

At times Lawrence holds the ball too long and at times he tries to will his throws to happen, and he relies too heavily on that strength, which gets him into trouble and it will continue to.

It does not matter that Lawrence looks great part of the time or not. The hesitancy to pull the trigger and the overconfidence in his arm naturally comes out at all the wrong times. It is who Trevor Lawrence is. It is not a rookie thing.

On the first pick Sunday, Lawrence perfectly illustrates another reason he will continue to struggle. Once again he held the ball a little too long as he was sliding left. Denver’s defensive back stepped right in front of the pass and made the interception. This is exactly the difference between college and the NFL. In college he was able to get away with this when he did not have to rely on timing routes, but no way will this work in the NFL.

Not to mention, Lawrence continues to lack the necessary touch on passes at times throughout the game, and he puts too much heat on short passes his receivers drop. This is yet another problem he has had since day one in Jacksonville.

When you combine his glaring deficiencies with the lack of talent around him, Lawrence being a bust in Jacksonville is a sure-fire bet you can bet your house on. It will be years before the Jaguars will be able to build a talented roster.

-- Daniel Kelly is a former NFL scout with the New York Jets. He was hired on the regime which featured Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Scott Pioli, Mike Tannenbaum, and Dick Haley.

Sounds like a young Brett Favre. He's an overconfident gunslinger. I can live with that and die by that. I honestly don't give a [BLEEP] about the turnovers. Provided they don't cost the team too many football games. I think if they can surround this kid with viable options at the receiver and tight end positions that he'll ultimately have a pretty solid career. Again, I would be content as a fan if this team was at least flirting with .500 - above .500 every year for the next decade plus with the idea of at least threatening a play-off run as a 4th seed - 7th seed. Fine by me. 

Favre managed at least one Superbowl win. I'll [BLEEP] take it if it means he shows some consistency. Flash of brilliance in moments here and there. Flash of "Oh c'mon! What the [BLEEP] man!?!?" moments here and there. As long as he's consistently doing enough to give this team a chance to win and compete in the play-off's. 

I already said this a few times. Not going to shy away from it. I think, at the most? He's Matt Ryan statistically. At the least? He's Alex Smith. 

Meaning, he'll be a solid QB when the pieces are around him (Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez type talent) offensively or he's going to struggle systematically due to incompetence at the ownership and executive level in the front office. Which he'll in turn probably end up being a late bloomer and having high success elsewhere after this team is finished ruining him. I.e Alex Smith (tail end with the 49ERS and days with the Chiefs and Reid towards the end).
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-07-2022, 05:34 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:

Yes, let's trust this guy's opinion on quarterbacks

Seriously, perusing through his articles he has several touting Tebow as QB and Taylor Heinicke as a franchise QB.  Kinda hard to take your QB evals seriously when in the year 2021 you're still championing those two.

BTW, it's hilarious that he included Belichick on that list, considering Belichick was with the Jets for a day.

(01-07-2022, 08:34 PM)empty Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 05:34 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: -- Daniel Kelly is a former NFL scout with the New York Jets. He was hired on the regime which featured Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Scott Pioli, Mike Tannenbaum, and Dick Haley.

Yes, let's trust this guy's opinion on quarterbacks

Seriously, perusing through his articles he has several touting Tebow as QB and Taylor Heinicke as a franchise QB.  Kinda hard to take your QB evals seriously when in the year 2021 you're still championing those two.

BTW, it's hilarious that he included Belichick on that list, considering Belichick was with the Jets for a day.

LOL This guy really just said they should have played Tebow at QB and drafted somebody else instead of Lawrence. LOL

Glad he isn't a fan of Trevor because his opinions/eyes for QBs are as bad as they come.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 12:18 AM by OzJohnnie. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2022, 09:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 08:34 PM)empty Wrote: Yes, let's trust this guy's opinion on quarterbacks

LOL This guy really just said they should have played Tebow at QB and drafted somebody else instead of Lawrence. LOL

Glad he isn't a fan of Trevor because his opinions/eyes for QBs are as bad as they come.

You guys crack me up.  Is he wrong about TL?  No, he isn't.  He's dead on.  So rather than admit the obvious you go for character assassination.  While that makes you feel better, it won't make Lawrence play any better.

It will be entertaining to watch these boards come up with every excuse possible as to why TL was ruined, and your blind worship of him still righteous, rather than all the people who saw TL for what he is being right.   It happens.  Guys bust.  TL is one of them.  Not the first and won't be the last.

Have a listen. Open your mind.

https://podcasts.podinstall.com/fox-spor...-bust.html

Someone's mind is so open his brains fell out.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-08-2022, 12:27 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Have a listen.  Open your mind.

https://podcasts.podinstall.com/fox-spor...-bust.html

Thanks for posting that. I have been saying for months Lawrence has issues and major causes for concern.

Week 1 being his only multi Td passing game is another crazy stat.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I go one step further. You put Lawrence in new England and it makes the pats worse.

Lawrence can't do what Jones is doing. Lawrence can't be consistent with his accuracy. Lawrence hasn't shown the ability to read the defense on a good enough basis. Lawrence has a ton of work to do this offseason.

You are what the numbers say you are. One of the worst starting Qbs in the NFL currently. Let's hope year 2 is a quantum leap.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-08-2022, 12:39 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I go one step further. You put Lawrence in new England and it makes the pats worse.

Lawrence can't do what Jones is doing. Lawrence can't be consistent with his accuracy. Lawrence hasn't shown the ability to read the defense on a good enough basis. Lawrence has a ton of work to do this offseason.

You are what the numbers say you are.  One of the worst starting Qbs in the NFL currently. Let's hope year 2 is a quantum leap.

I don't think you're giving Belichick and McDaniels enough credit for the work they did with Mac Jones and putting him in a position to succeed. That's what good coaching regimes do.

(01-08-2022, 12:17 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 09:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote: LOL This guy really just said they should have played Tebow at QB and drafted somebody else instead of Lawrence. LOL

You guys crack me up.  Is he wrong about TL?  No, he isn't.  He's dead on.  So rather than admit the obvious you go for character assassination.  While that makes you feel better, it won't make Lawrence play any better.

It will be entertaining to watch these boards come up with every excuse possible as to why TL was ruined, and your blind worship of him still righteous, rather than all the people who saw TL for what he is being right.   It happens.  Guys bust.  TL is one of them.  Not the first and won't be the last.

No one has said TL has been perfect.  He's had his obvious struggles playing on a highly dysfunctional and talent-deficient team.  He obviously has things he needs to work on, but I'm not going to listen to QB critiques from a guy who thinks Tebow and Heinicke are still viable NFL starters.

TL has to play better, but he also needs an environment that can actually provide him that opportunity.  Not even sure why you seem to care about this so much, you're only here for one unnamed player that you hope will get traded anyways.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 03:30 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-08-2022, 02:21 AM)empty Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 12:17 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: You guys crack me up.  Is he wrong about TL?  No, he isn't.  He's dead on.  So rather than admit the obvious you go for character assassination.  While that makes you feel better, it won't make Lawrence play any better.

No one has said TL has been perfect.  He's had his obvious struggles playing on a highly dysfunctional and talent-deficient team.  He obviously has things he needs to work on, but I'm not going to listen to QB critiques from a guy who thinks Tebow and Heinicke are still viable NFL starters.

TL has to play better, but he also needs an environment that can actually provide him that opportunity.  Not even sure why you seem to care about this so much, you're only here for one unnamed player that you hope will get traded anyways.

Well if anyone said he'd been perfect or even good thusfar you'd be about as dumb as anyone who thought Tim Tebow was going to be a #1 caliber Tight end.

(01-08-2022, 01:47 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 12:39 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I go one step further. You put Lawrence in new England and it makes the pats worse.

You are what the numbers say you are.  One of the worst starting Qbs in the NFL currently. Let's hope year 2 is a quantum leap.

I don't think you're giving Belichick and McDaniels enough credit for the work they did with Mac Jones and putting him in a position to succeed. That's what good coaching regimes do.

Mac Jones looked the part coming out. The big question with him, at least for me was how much of it do you attribute to him and how much do you attribute it to him being on the most talented team in CF every year. He has been pretty good so far tho.

The book on Lawrence is far from completely written, but chapter one did take a troubling turn. I still think he has the tools to make it, but he needs someone to provide him with much better direction. The Urban Meyer fiasco was really just a waste of one year.

(01-08-2022, 03:56 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: The book on Lawrence is far from completely written, but chapter one did take a troubling turn. I still think he has the tools to make it, but he needs someone to provide him with much better direction. The Urban Meyer fiasco was really just a waste of one year.

Trevor looked the same way he did in college. The only difference was he didn't have wide open WRs running deep while having all day in the pocket. His accuracy issues, he's decision making all of it has always been subpar and the NFL just shows it more than college.

NONE of the rookie QBs have looked decent except jones. Tlaw had some nice moments here and there early in the year before everything just collapsed. The bagles game is a good example of when he was playing decent. This offense was the worst in team history. That's not all Lawrence's fault. Wrs are mostly to blame. They drop way too many passes leading to 3 and outs. Then tlaw starts pressing. Wrs can't get open enough and then drop some more passes. The offense cant move the ball. The running game is trapped because of the passing game. The deffense loses hope finally because the offense cant score. It all goes back to the wrs. The offense looked better when Arnold was in there. Hes legit. Need all legit wrs

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 07:02 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

This comparison is [BLEEP] garbage. Tired of seeing it. 

1. The [BLEEP] Patriots won a football game on the road in Buffalo with Mac Jones making a whopping total of three pass attempts. 

2. The [BLEEP] Patriots spent an NFL record setting, $140M+ in free agency back in March of last year to essentially address the voids of talent they had on the roster. This was the primary driving mechanism as to why Tom Brady bounced for Tampa Bay. Also, if you think not having a strong, supporting cast is important to any QB. Go look at what the Saints did to Tom Brady with Payton sitting at home due to covid. Brady had nobody on offense that night and he laid a goose egg with Leftwich.

3. The [BLEEP] Patriots are coached by the greatest coach of all [BLEEP] time. 

4. The [BLEEP] Patriots had or have the #1 ranked defense overall in the NFL. (Quick check, yeah, it's No. 1 overall and No. 3 overall in yards allowed per game). 

5. The [BLEEP] Patriots have an actual running game. It's in fact, the 8th best overall rushing offense in the NFL at the moment. 

Again, you [BLEEP] dunce. Just like you and about a handful of other legitimate clowns on this board. You all fail on an epic level when it comes to calling out valid and clear cut facts that Lawrence, yes, while struggling all year, having his shortcomings and pitfalls, etc. That, in fact, he's inherited a DUMPSTER [BLEEP] FIRE OF A TEAM. 

He's not going to see a quantum leap in 2022 because this ownership acts like finding the right coach, coming up with a stable general manager or establishing a clean break of past failures is the equivalent of asking him to solve a quantum physics equation that would require the resurrection of Albert Einstein to address. 

I agree. You are what your numbers say you are. And since 2010. Khan is 41 - 118 as an owner. That's the issue.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-08-2022, 06:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

1. The [BLEEP] Patriots won a football game on the road in Buffalo with Mac Jones making a whopping total of three pass attempts. 

2. The [BLEEP] Patriots spent an NFL record setting, $140M+ in free agency back in March of last year to essentially address the voids of talent they had on the roster. This was the primary driving mechanism as to why Tom Brady bounced for Tampa Bay. Also, if you think not having a strong, supporting cast is important to any QB. Go look at what the Saints did to Tom Brady with Payton sitting at home due to covid. Brady had nobody on offense that night and he laid a goose egg with Leftwich.

4. The [BLEEP] Patriots had or have the #1 ranked defense overall in the NFL. (Quick check, yeah, it's No. 1 overall and No. 3 overall in yards allowed per game). 

5. The [BLEEP] Patriots have an actual running game. It's in fact, the 8th best overall rushing offense in the NFL at the moment. 

Again, you [BLEEP] dunce. Just like you and about a handful of other legitimate clowns on this board. You all fail on an epic level when it comes to calling out valid and clear cut facts that Lawrence, yes, while struggling all year, having his shortcomings and pitfalls, etc. That, in fact, he's inherited a DUMPSTER [BLEEP] FIRE OF A TEAM. 

He's not going to see a quantum leap in 2022 because this ownership acts like finding the right coach, coming up with a stable general manager or establishing a clean break of past failures is the equivalent of asking him to solve a quantum physics equation that would require the resurrection of Albert Einstein to address. 

I agree. You are what your numbers say you are. And since 2010. Khan is 41 - 118 as an owner. That's the issue.

Also, in games for New England when Jones has had to do anything besides just go along for the ride and throw to open guys he's thrown INTs and lost.

How good his stats looked against a Jaguars team that couldn't rush and couldn't cover doesn't matter at all.

(01-08-2022, 06:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

The bolded. 

What you're saying is that we'll waste the 2 first years of Lawrence's NFL career. That should make anyone worried. Even the people who are trying to blame other position groups or coaches for it. 

I agree with you that the reason the franchise is at its current position is due to the owner. That can't be fixed. Sorry!

(01-08-2022, 07:49 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 06:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This comparison is [BLEEP] garbage. Tired of seeing it. 

The bolded. 

What you're saying is that we'll waste the 2 first years of Lawrence's NFL career. That should make anyone worried. Even the people who are trying to blame other position groups or coaches for it. 

I agree with you that the reason the franchise is at its current position is due to the owner. That can't be fixed. Sorry!

[Image: 626a9f4241.0.jpeg]

So then Mac Jones makes the Jags better right?