Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 11:17 AM by RicoTx.)

It's great to be able to post nothing but critical videos of Lawrence that 'support' his point.  Then one out of 35 posts he'll say, I'm not saying he's a bust.  Then, if he turns it around next year he can say, I never said he was a bust.

It's great to be able to play on both sides of the fence.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2022, 03:26 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 02:21 AM)empty Wrote: No one has said TL has been perfect.  He's had his obvious struggles playing on a highly dysfunctional and talent-deficient team.  He obviously has things he needs to work on, but I'm not going to listen to QB critiques from a guy who thinks Tebow and Heinicke are still viable NFL starters.

TL has to play better, but he also needs an environment that can actually provide him that opportunity.  Not even sure why you seem to care about this so much, you're only here for one unnamed player that you hope will get traded anyways.

Well if anyone said he'd been perfect or even good thusfar you'd be about as dumb as anyone who thought Tim Tebow was going to be a #1 caliber Tight end.

(01-08-2022, 01:47 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I don't think you're giving Belichick and McDaniels enough credit for the work they did with Mac Jones and putting him in a position to succeed. That's what good coaching regimes do.

Mac Jones looked the part coming out. The big question with him, at least for me was how much of it do you attribute to him and how much do you attribute it to him being on the most talented team in CF every year. He has been pretty good so far tho.

He was also touted as the most NFL ready coming out of college but his ceiling was lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 11:38 AM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2022, 11:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote: It's great to be able to post nothing but critical videos of Lawrence that 'support' his point.  Then one out of 35 posts he'll say, I'm not saying he's a bust.  Then, if he turns it around next year he can say, I never said he was a bust.

I get your slow and are the window licker of the year award winner so I will put it simply. 

Lawrence is looking like a bust. I'm giving him his rookie year as a pass but if I don't see huge growth by next year I will be on the bust bandwagon.

Is he currently a bust? No Becarse he is a rookie

Is he showing signs he could be a bust? Absolutely!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-07-2022, 06:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Sounds like a young Brett Favre. He's an overconfident gunslinger. I can live with that and die by that. I honestly don't give a [BLEEP] about the turnovers. Provided they don't cost the team too many football games. 

Unfortunately turnovers are the single most important stat when in comes to winning percentage:

Importance of Ball Security

According to this article, each turnover costs the team 16-22% to win.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 12:46 PM by SamusAranX.)

(01-08-2022, 11:37 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 11:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote: It's great to be able to post nothing but critical videos of Lawrence that 'support' his point.  Then one out of 35 posts he'll say, I'm not saying he's a bust.  Then, if he turns it around next year he can say, I never said he was a bust.

I get your slow and are the window licker of the year award winner so I will put it simply. 

Lawrence is looking like a bust. I'm giving him his rookie year as a pass but if I don't see huge growth by next year I will be on the bust bandwagon.

I need both sides of my fence painted, and I am confident in you ability to be on both sides; I’ll send you my address.

(01-08-2022, 06:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 12:39 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I go one step further. You put Lawrence in new England and it makes the pats worse.

Lawrence can't do what Jones is doing. Lawrence can't be consistent with his accuracy. Lawrence hasn't shown the ability to read the defense on a good enough basis. Lawrence has a ton of work to do this offseason.

You are what the numbers say you are.  One of the worst starting Qbs in the NFL currently. Let's hope year 2 is a quantum leap.

This comparison is [BLEEP] garbage. Tired of seeing it. 

1. The [BLEEP] Patriots won a football game on the road in Buffalo with Mac Jones making a whopping total of three pass attempts. 

2. The [BLEEP] Patriots spent an NFL record setting, $140M+ in free agency back in March of last year to essentially address the voids of talent they had on the roster. This was the primary driving mechanism as to why Tom Brady bounced for Tampa Bay. Also, if you think not having a strong, supporting cast is important to any QB. Go look at what the Saints did to Tom Brady with Payton sitting at home due to covid. Brady had nobody on offense that night and he laid a goose egg with Leftwich.

3. The [BLEEP] Patriots are coached by the greatest coach of all [BLEEP] time. 

4. The [BLEEP] Patriots had or have the #1 ranked defense overall in the NFL. (Quick check, yeah, it's No. 1 overall and No. 3 overall in yards allowed per game). 

5. The [BLEEP] Patriots have an actual running game. It's in fact, the 8th best overall rushing offense in the NFL at the moment. 

Again, you [BLEEP] dunce. Just like you and about a handful of other legitimate clowns on this board. You all fail on an epic level when it comes to calling out valid and clear cut facts that Lawrence, yes, while struggling all year, having his shortcomings and pitfalls, etc. That, in fact, he's inherited a DUMPSTER [BLEEP] FIRE OF A TEAM. 

He's not going to see a quantum leap in 2022 because this ownership acts like finding the right coach, coming up with a stable general manager or establishing a clean break of past failures is the equivalent of asking him to solve a quantum physics equation that would require the resurrection of Albert Einstein to address. 

I agree. You are what your numbers say you are. And since 2010. Khan is 41 - 118 as an owner. That's the issue.

This. Absolutely 100 percent this. 

The most damning statistic was the patriots winning that game with three pass attempts. That shows you everything right with that franchise and conversely shows you just how bad of a situation Trevor is in, and why judgements on this season [of him] are basically hard to make.

(01-08-2022, 12:45 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 11:37 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I get your slow and are the window licker of the year award winner so I will put it simply. 

I need both sides of my fence painted, and I am confident in you ability to be on both sides; I’ll send you my address.

(01-08-2022, 06:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This comparison is [BLEEP] garbage. Tired of seeing it. 

1. The [BLEEP] Patriots won a football game on the road in Buffalo with Mac Jones making a whopping total of three pass attempts. 

2. The [BLEEP] Patriots spent an NFL record setting, $140M+ in free agency back in March of last year to essentially address the voids of talent they had on the roster. This was the primary driving mechanism as to why Tom Brady bounced for Tampa Bay. Also, if you think not having a strong, supporting cast is important to any QB. Go look at what the Saints did to Tom Brady with Payton sitting at home due to covid. Brady had nobody on offense that night and he laid a goose egg with Leftwich.

4. The [BLEEP] Patriots had or have the #1 ranked defense overall in the NFL. (Quick check, yeah, it's No. 1 overall and No. 3 overall in yards allowed per game). 

5. The [BLEEP] Patriots have an actual running game. It's in fact, the 8th best overall rushing offense in the NFL at the moment. 

Again, you [BLEEP] dunce. Just like you and about a handful of other legitimate clowns on this board. You all fail on an epic level when it comes to calling out valid and clear cut facts that Lawrence, yes, while struggling all year, having his shortcomings and pitfalls, etc. That, in fact, he's inherited a DUMPSTER [BLEEP] FIRE OF A TEAM. 

He's not going to see a quantum leap in 2022 because this ownership acts like finding the right coach, coming up with a stable general manager or establishing a clean break of past failures is the equivalent of asking him to solve a quantum physics equation that would require the resurrection of Albert Einstein to address. 

I agree. You are what your numbers say you are. And since 2010. Khan is 41 - 118 as an owner. That's the issue.

The most damning statistic was the patriots winning that game with three pass attempts. That shows you everything right with that franchise and conversely shows you just how bad of a situation Trevor is in, and why judgements on this season [of him] are basically hard to make.

And it was really only one pass attempt up until the final drive or so when they tossed a couple of little check down passes.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 01:19 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(01-08-2022, 12:49 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 12:45 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I need both sides of my fence painted, and I am confident in you ability to be on both sides; I’ll send you my address.

And it was really only one pass attempt up until the final drive or so when they tossed a couple of little check down passes.

Facts are useless when arguing with fools. Dont let these trolls drag u to their level of stupidity and work ur brain for their sake. They want him to be the second coming of Jesus, so to speak; and if not, he is a bust in the making lol. Its no ones fault but his because no matter what happens around him, he should still be putting up stats and looking like a hall of famer right now.

Yea, no one has ever done that especially with a team this bad and inept, but Trevor should or he is overrated. At this point, its an L on their end clearly but they will continue to post for arguments sake and not admitting their faults. Best case is he is a bust for them, worst case they will never be respected for their opinion for the rest of their time posting on this board.

Also.....Outside of maybe parts of 2017 with the best defense in the league, when have we ever heard accurate assessments of our team staff, players, franchise stability etc. I have rarely seen anything accurate from the media jags related, if ever. Yet, these trolls continue to use media links to suppport their bad take argument ironically to keep this thread going and entertaining.
Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Very curious. What’s “huge growth”?

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 01:58 PM by jaguarmvp.)

I laugh at fools in this thread pointing to facts defending Lawrence but refuse to look at the real facts.

He has only thrown 10 Td passes in 16 games.
He is turning the ball over 1 a game.
His record is 2-14 as a staring Qb.
He has under achieved almost everyone's expectations.

We should of drafted Jones.

Lawrence does not even pass the eye test. He looks lost

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 02:04 PM by SeldomRite.)

(01-08-2022, 01:56 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I laugh at fools in this thread pointing to facts defending Lawrence but refuse to look at the real facts.

You really ought to just make this your signature so you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Then we can all be blessed by your wisdom every time you post anything at all.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 02:07 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(01-08-2022, 06:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 12:39 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I go one step further. You put Lawrence in new England and it makes the pats worse.

Lawrence can't do what Jones is doing. Lawrence can't be consistent with his accuracy. Lawrence hasn't shown the ability to read the defense on a good enough basis. Lawrence has a ton of work to do this offseason.

You are what the numbers say you are.  One of the worst starting Qbs in the NFL currently. Let's hope year 2 is a quantum leap.

This comparison is [BLEEP] garbage. Tired of seeing it. 

Still does not explain Lawrence missing 5 yard throws on a routine basis or not able to throw a touch pass to save his life. Your a good excuse maker dunce!

(01-08-2022, 02:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 01:56 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I laugh at fools in this thread pointing to facts defending Lawrence but refuse to look at the real facts.

You really ought to just make this your signature so you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Then we can all be blessed by your wisdom every time you post anything at all.
About time you finally realized.  Your welcome for me schooling you and the other Lawrence nut huggers.

Man, if this isn't the big, red, flashing I-D-I-O-T sign I just don't know what is.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 02:14 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Do not worry guys. 

Lawrence will post another sub 200 yard passing day missing multiple easy throws tomorrow to shut he up. Rolleyes

(01-08-2022, 02:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Man, if this isn't the big, red, flashing I-D-I-O-T sign I just don't know what is.
Stop staring into the mirror!

(01-08-2022, 02:05 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 06:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This comparison is [BLEEP] garbage. Tired of seeing it. 

Still does not explain Lawrence missing 5 yard throws on a routine basis or not able to throw a touch pass to save his life. Your a good excuse maker dunce!

(01-08-2022, 02:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: You really ought to just make this your signature so you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Then we can all be blessed by your wisdom every time you post anything at all.
About time you finally realized.  Your welcome for me schooling you and the other Lawrence nut huggers.

Why haven't you gone ahead and added it yet?

Funny I'm 'slow' but you don't know the difference between your and you're.

That's OK, I'll type slower next time.

Who ever said jags should have drafted jones. No thanks. He is in a perfect situation which may not remain perfect for ever. I would not be suprised if he gets exposed in the play off game.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 04:40 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2022, 04:24 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Who ever said jags should have drafted jones. No thanks. He is in a perfect situation which may not remain perfect for ever. I would not be suprised if he gets exposed in the play off game.

Id be very surprised.  He was the most ready QB and went to the best situation.  Hes a very good QB regardless but no rookie QB would of been good here, it would have taken a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers to have made this team decent.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 06:00 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2022, 12:40 PM)cland Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 06:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Sounds like a young Brett Favre. He's an overconfident gunslinger. I can live with that and die by that. I honestly don't give a [BLEEP] about the turnovers. Provided they don't cost the team too many football games. 

Unfortunately turnovers are the single most important stat when in comes to winning percentage:

Importance of Ball Security

According to this article, each turnover costs the team 16-22% to win.

They are important and our Defense only has 7 takeaways on the season. It ties the 49ers (2018 and they went 4-12) with the lowest amount of takeaways in NFL history. They certainly haven't given the Offense many extra opportunities.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 07:49 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(01-08-2022, 03:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 11:37 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I get your slow and are the window licker of the year award winner so I will put it simply. 

Funny I'm 'slow' but you don't know the difference between your and you're.

Oooooo you got me Rolleyes

Mac is accurate and can lob a pass into receivers hands

VS

Lawrence who throws every pass 300 mph.

(01-08-2022, 07:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 03:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Funny I'm 'slow' but you don't know the difference between your and you're.

Oooooo you got me Rolleyes

Mac is accurate and can lob a pass into receivers hands

VS

Lawrence who throws every pass 300 mph.

I absolutely 'got you'.  If you're (notice) going to call somebody slow, have somewhat a grasp of the English language.  Dumb [BLEEP].