Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Quote:Because we are forced to by league rules.

We were forced to this year too. Guess how we made the requirement?

Eating dead money.

We'll sit on our wallet this year and do the same thing by cutting Lewis, Mincey, Poz etc.

Don't get your hopes up.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 01:30 PM by Jinjo.)

Percy Harvin was on pace to be Offensive MVP last year before he got hurt, trying to compare his trade value with "just" a good LT is idiotic.

Quote:Why do you think he didn't want to pay him? Possibly because they don't think he is that good.

Again, it's not that difficult to comprehend.

Quote:Percy Harvin was on pace to be Offensive MVP last year before he got hurt, trying to compare his trade value with an above average LT is idiotic.

This

Quote:Percy Harvin was on pace to be Offensive MVP last year before he got hurt, trying to compare his trade value with an above average LT is idiotic.
lol Good try... AP ran for 2,000 son

Quote:Just so I am clear, you franchise a LT and move him to RT and let him walk the following year unless you are willing to pay a RT a max LT contract?

No the idea is you franchise Monroe, to buy time until you get an actual GOOD deal in a trade, unlike what we just got. 

Quote:15 puts him dead in the middle.

Again you seem unable to move past this...

When he gets a contract similar to that of Ryan Cladys this off season feel free to bring this back up again.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Paztor starting at right tackle.  Hope they know what they are doing. 

Quote:Caldwell just traded a Premium LT because he essentially didn't want to pay him. What makes you think he's going to flip the switch and pull out the checkbook next year?

Monroe isn't one of Caldwell's guys. It should be obvious what he thinks of the players that were here when he took over. The only one that might get a long term deal in the next year or two is Shorts. All the rest will be gone soon. It's not that complicated.

;

;

Quote:Caldwell just traded a Premium LT because he essentially didn't want to pay him. What makes you think he's going to flip the switch and pull out the checkbook next year?

Now it's "premium LT". Get with the program - it's top 10 (or 5) LT.

Do you not keep up with the Jaguars? I think Caldwell has been very up front about the Master Plan. Year one - figure out who and what you got. Year two - keep drafting and spend some $ in FA. Year three - keep drafting and spend $ in FA for what you really think will help.

Oh, and compete.

Just because he didn't want to spend on Monroe makes you think he does want to spend at all? I think your suppositions are just that. Certainly not based on any evidence I've seen.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Percy Harvin was on pace to be Offensive MVP last year before he got hurt, trying to compare his trade value with "just" a good LT is idiotic.

Roy Williams.

Quote:So why are you wasting time on a team that shouldn't be in the NFL? Again, 31 other teams you can root for.

Pretty sure Krazy is just a Titans fan posing as a Jags fan.

(Really hope I don't get banned for saying that!  About the dirtiest thing you can call someone, but it wasn't auto-deleted!)

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Paztor starting at right tackle. Hope they know what they are doing.

Well they did keep Alualu...

Quote:We were forced to this year too. Guess how we made the requirement?

Eating dead money.

We'll sit on our wallet this year and do the same thing by cutting Lewis, Mincey, Poz etc.

Don't get your hopes up.

Exactly, we ate dead money this year by blowing up all of the bad contracts that we could.

This is detailed in my free agency post.

Next year we won't have much dead money, especially if we start clearing some more contracts this season.

We ate all that dead money so we could spend in free agency during our rebuild.  We ate 27 million this year and next year we are slated for 65,000 dollars in dead money minus the contracts we jettison between now and then, which will actually free up even more cap space.

Quote: (emphasis added)

Based upon what?

What makes him a premium LT?

I really don't know.  Based strictly on what we did actually get for him, I see two possible scenarios.

1. Caldwell did absolutely no testing the market with other teams and just took the first offer that came along.
  2. Caldwell did test the market, and this was the best offer out there.
So, which of those seems more likely?  Who honestly believes a GM of any NFL team wouldn't at least try the most likely trade candidates and gauge interest before doing this?

Isn't it just possible that a 12 game rental of Monroe wasn't as valuable as some here seem to think, and the best offer available was what we got?  And if that was the best offer, he just might not be as well regarded as some believe.

Or, you know, we can assume Caldwell is an idiot.  I know some people really enjoy getting worked up.

Quote:No the idea is you franchise Monroe, to buy time until you get an actual GOOD deal in a trade, unlike what we just got. 

What is the good deal never comes along?

Quote:What precedent is there for what you just wrote? Two third round picks?? Laughing

don't know why you are laughing, thats the kind of compensation that teams get when they lose a player that signs a long term max contract eslewhere. 

Granted as another pointed out, for the Jags to get that full amount they would have to not spend a lot in free agency themselves.....but that actually can be accomplished by signing a lot of 1 year type stopgaps for the vet FA, and basing a lot of the rebuilding through the draft,

Quote:Well they did keep Alualu...

Which worries me....

Quote:What is the good deal never comes along?

Its unlikely that the above happens, but you franchise him again until dealt. 

You don't give in for peanuts. 

Quote:Pretty sure Krazy is just a Titans fan posing as a Jags fan.

(Really hope I don't get banned for saying that!  About the dirtiest thing you can call someone, but it wasn't auto-deleted!)

You capitalized titans*

*warning

Blakes Life Matters