Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully he’ll recover from it and play with you at the alley again.

Oddly enough, just about an hour or so, I witnessed my neighbor being taken off in an ambulance. I’m not exactly friends with her, but she is a client. Either way, don’t like seeing that. Prayers to all!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Any news on your friend, Rico?

(01-13-2022, 02:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Any news on your friend, Rico?

Same.  He's in a medically induced coma right now.  I'm getting updates as they are available but not a lot has changed.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

[Image: legal.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Two weeks ago we were wearing shorts (unusual for January) and today we're preparing for a winter storm that will bring freezing rain. You've gotta love Mother Nature.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 09:07 AM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2022, 08:02 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Two weeks ago we were wearing shorts (unusual for January) and today we're preparing for a winter storm that will bring freezing rain. You've gotta love Mother Nature.

Hey, you got what you asked for!

(01-15-2022, 09:06 AM)Jags Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 08:02 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Two weeks ago we were wearing shorts (unusual for January) and today we're preparing for a winter storm that will bring freezing rain. You've gotta love Mother Nature.

It was mid-70s Thursday and Friday.  35 today with 30-35 mph sustained winds and up to 55 mph gusts.  It's lovely.

Fortunately this blows through in a couple of days.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-15-2022, 09:06 AM)Jags Wrote:

I'm okay with the cold, it's the freezing rain that can snap power lines I'm worried about. Losing power in January's 40 degree temps (with wind chill in the 20-30 range) is very different from losing it during a hurricane in September.

(01-12-2022, 09:53 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Man, what a [BLEEP] way to start the day.  Woke up to a phone call from best friend in Jax.  Another good friend of mine had a stroke or heart attack at the bowling alley last night.  Still unresponsive this morning.  Prognosis is not good.  Pretty crappy phone call to wake up to.

And NYC, if you read this, it's Joe.

Damn :/ 

Just saw this. 

Hope they can ease him back to responsiveness. Keep me posted.

Pine tree branches breaking off of these trees under the weight of ice accumulation is a singularly unique sound.

(01-16-2022, 02:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Pine tree branches breaking off of these trees under the weight of ice accumulation is a singularly unique sound.

The lights flickering a second or two after adds to the experience!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-16-2022, 02:51 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 02:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Pine tree branches breaking off of these trees under the weight of ice accumulation is a singularly unique sound.

The lights flickering a second or two after adds to the experience!

Psh. Ours flickered all day! I thought for sure one of those branches was going to take out a power line. There are branches and large limbs down in our yard and those around us but no contact with homes, thank goodness. The guy next door had part of one land on the side of the bed of his truck and he has already been out with his chainsaw. I'll be busy tomorrow or Tuesday clearing out what I can by hand and see about a chainsaw for the rest.

Just what I always wanted:

FLOWN SPACE - ARTIFACT - Space Shuttle Columbia - BBXRT -... (craigslist.org)

Will consider partial payment plus acceptable trade.

$10,000,000.00 or best offer. Can pick up daily from 2-6pm EST.

(01-17-2022, 04:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Just what I always wanted:

Will you take 250.00 for it?

I considered it but didn't think it complimented the furniture and decided to go with a Monet.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-17-2022, 05:44 PM)Jags Wrote:

Will you take 250.00 for it?

$1250.00. C’mon, work with me here.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 02:00 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-18-2022, 01:33 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

I considered it but didn't think it complimented the furniture and decided to go with a Monet.

This guy let his aspirations get bigger than his wallet. He’s desperate. Who has $10M of disposable income and surfs Craigslist? I’m sure there are internet sites and circles which specialize in items like this and no one is showing interest.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 06:31 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-18-2022, 02:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 01:33 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I considered it but didn't think it complimented the furniture and decided to go with a Monet.

This guy let his aspirations get bigger than his wallet. He’s desperate. Who has $10M of disposable income and surfs Craigslist? I’m sure there are internet sites and circles which specialize in items like this and no one is showing interest.
The ad looks legit, but is it?  When I looked at it, I was going back and forth.  If it was some guy being funny then it is pretty good.  If this guy is serious… then I’d have to do what people do to me if I sell something on marketplace through my wife’s FB.  Ask if they’d take an” astronomically” (see what I did?) lower price or ask if they would take payments.  Just to mess with them of course. That’s certainly not a Craigslist item.  Like you said.Specialty site.  

I was selling a mower I spent about 9500 on had 2 years of service (that I personally used, not employees) with 1200 hrs on it.  Asked 4K hoping for 3500 would accept 3k.  A guy asks me if I’d take payments.  And I had about three people ask if I’d take a thousand or less.

Idk if your parents were like mine or if you were like me as a kid. But something popped in my head today from my childhood. My parents weren’t rich. By not rich, I mean just above poor. I didn’t know that at the time. My mom would not buy me expensive shoes because I’d wear them out and get holes in them. Hi! I am that kid that had patches on his blue jeans! Now that I’m an adult, I’m wondering if she spent more if I’d be able to be me and still have good shoes. Obviously the cheap shoes broke. Maybe the good ones wouldn’t?