Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What good Mock Draft simulators are out there?

(01-15-2022, 02:51 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 06:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I absolutely love Tolbert. I think his stock is gonna skyrocket after the Senior Bowl. 

With his ACL, I think Williams is now like the 3rd or 4th WR off the board. I believe London will be the first WR gone. His injury was just a fractured ankle. Those things heal up with no after effects and you can play the next season at 100%. He was on a pace to have a monstrous season, before getting hurt. 

ACL's are a bit more serious. Williams might not be ready for the start of the season and he may only be 75-80% after he comes back. It usually takes a full season for a skills position player to return to 100%.

So a no to Williams? Same for Metchie? As you have said, this is a deep wr class. If we re-sign chark, pick up Wr in FA, how many do/ should we target in the draft? And how high in the draft?  I see a lot of posters popping 3 WR in the draft, me included.  I think some of us get carried away with the notion of getting more weapons for Trevor when he needs a fair amount of help on the online too

I think it's going to ultimately come down to three key things:

1. Free Agency - If they don't resign Chark or sign at least one or two tier I - tier II type receivers they're going to have to address it in the draft. 
2. Trade - If they fail in addressing the offensive line or receiving positions they're probably going to try and organize a trade to create opportunities to address it. 
3. Coaching - Next coaching hire might see the entire field differently and may favor running it more in 2022 or may favor the tight end position in the receiving game more. 

I would like to think it lies somewhere in between all three of those things, right? So, maybe you resign Chark, and, you take a chance on Godwin or Gallup and then look to finish up the position in the draft. Maybe you sign a G or C in hopes of replacing Norwell or Linder. I think the tackle position is going to be handled the way Lageman sees it. You tag Robinson and you force him and Little to duke it out for LT. Loser takes on Taylor for RT. Loser of that trio becomes the swing man or ends up playing Guard in 2022. 

I think RB needs to be addressed now. It wasn't high on my list of priorities in 2022, but, with Robinson now on the mend late with that ACL and Etienne officially looking to have his rookie year in 2022 they're going to need to add more players to the roster. Could it be Armstead? I don't know. However, I do think they're going to need to eye Melvin Gordon, James Conner and Chase Edmonds in March. If they fail there? They need to look at Zamir "Zeus" White from Georgia, Alabama's Robinson or Michigan's Haskins IMHO between RD4 - RD5 to add some hope.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2022, 06:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 02:51 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: So a no to Williams? Same for Metchie? As you have said, this is a deep wr class. If we re-sign chark, pick up Wr in FA, how many do/ should we target in the draft? And how high in the draft?  I see a lot of posters popping 3 WR in the draft, me included.  I think some of us get carried away with the notion of getting more weapons for Trevor when he needs a fair amount of help on the online too

1. Free Agency - If they don't resign Chark or sign at least one or two tier I - tier II type receivers they're going to have to address it in the draft. 
2. Trade - If they fail in addressing the offensive line or receiving positions they're probably going to try and organize a trade to create opportunities to address it. 
3. Coaching - Next coaching hire might see the entire field differently and may favor running it more in 2022 or may favor the tight end position in the receiving game more. 

I would like to think it lies somewhere in between all three of those things, right? So, maybe you resign Chark, and, you take a chance on Godwin or Gallup and then look to finish up the position in the draft. Maybe you sign a G or C in hopes of replacing Norwell or Linder. I think the tackle position is going to be handled the way Lageman sees it. You tag Robinson and you force him and Little to duke it out for LT. Loser takes on Taylor for RT. Loser of that trio becomes the swing man or ends up playing Guard in 2022. 

I think RB needs to be addressed now. It wasn't high on my list of priorities in 2022, but, with Robinson now on the mend late with that ACL and Etienne officially looking to have his rookie year in 2022 they're going to need to add more players to the roster. Could it be Armstead? I don't know. However, I do think they're going to need to eye Melvin Gordon, James Conner and Chase Edmonds in March. If they fail there? They need to look at Zamir "Zeus" White from Georgia, Alabama's Robinson or Michigan's Haskins IMHO between RD4 - RD5 to add some hope.
Take on Taylor? Why? He shouldn’t be on the team next year.

In reality, I think it’s going to be Little at LT and Neal at RT. Take the money you would have given to Cam and spend elsewhere.

(01-15-2022, 08:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 06:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think it's going to ultimately come down to three key things:

In reality, I think it’s going to be Little at LT and Neal at RT. Take the money you would have given to Cam and spend elsewhere.

Taylor will be on the team this year. Whether he starts, plays RT or G is up to him and his ability or lack thereof. 

Neal, at RT? With the No. 1 overall selection? Is this Khan, Baalke and O'Brien looking at each other in the war room that night? 

[Image: giphy.gif]

If that's their idea I am gravely concerned. LOL.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-15-2022, 08:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 08:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Take on Taylor? Why? He shouldn’t be on the team next year.

Taylor will be on the team this year. Whether he starts, plays RT or G is up to him and his ability or lack thereof. 

Neal, at RT? With the No. 1 overall selection? Is this Khan, Baalke and O'Brien looking at each other in the war room that night? 

RT is just as important as LT these days. 

Again. This class is extremely weak. In last years draft, Neal isn’t going top 10 but here we here.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 09:41 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-15-2022, 06:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 02:51 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: So a no to Williams? Same for Metchie? As you have said, this is a deep wr class. If we re-sign chark, pick up Wr in FA, how many do/ should we target in the draft? And how high in the draft?  I see a lot of posters popping 3 WR in the draft, me included.  I think some of us get carried away with the notion of getting more weapons for Trevor when he needs a fair amount of help on the online too

If we waste a draft pick on a RB, I'm gonna be furious! There are at least 15-25 really good RB's who have declared for the draft. There is no way that many are gonna get drafted. Not even close. There will be a ton of excellent players that can be had as UDFA's. Some might be stars. This RB class is so loaded.

(01-15-2022, 08:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 06:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think it's going to ultimately come down to three key things:

If we do that, I will be done with this team. That would be the dumbest move we could possibly make.

I'd trust Clint Eastwood more than Baalke, Caldwell and Shaq Harris combined! None of those have ever "made my day" with their draft picks.

Regarding Neal at right tackle, I can think of worse things than having him and Little as bookends for my franchise quarterback. Neal would also be valuable in the case Little had to miss some games due to injury. That being said, I'd still go with Hutchinson. He has practically a zero chance of being a bust and would make Josh Allen and the entire defense much more effective.

(01-15-2022, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 08:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Taylor will be on the team this year. Whether he starts, plays RT or G is up to him and his ability or lack thereof. 

Again. This class is extremely weak. In last years draft, Neal isn’t going top 10 but here we here.

Ok. SO... here's my question. I won't argue that RT is just as important as LT. However, that's not considered a premium position over DE. I agree. Again, this class is weak. It's looking more and more like the 2013 first round by the day. 

However, you would still take Neal, play him at RT? Over Hutchinson or Thibodeaux? I honestly don't think the offensive line played that BAD last year. While I'll agree, that, Taylor clearly is one of the weakest links on that unit. 

I just cannot justify passing up on a higher rated prospect to play at his natural position over a guy to come in and play at a different position of lower overall value. We also need a viable pass rusher off the edge that can consistently get after the QB or command double teams on 3rd and long situations. 

If Neal isn't going in the top 10 last year, you're willing to not only justify taking him numero uno, plus play him out of position? 

[Image: confused-perplexed.gif]

Not a single DE was taken in the top ten last year. Where do you think Hutchinson and Thibodeaux go in last year's draft? I am willing to bet Hutchinson goes to the Panthers over Jaycee Horn. I am willing to bet the Eagles select Thibodeaux over DeVonta Smith.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 10:06 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2022, 09:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

If we waste a draft pick on a RB, I'm gonna be furious! There are at least 15-25 really good RB's who have declared for the draft. There is no way that many are gonna get drafted. Not even close. There will be a ton of excellent players that can be had as UDFA's. Some might be stars. This RB class is so loaded.

(01-15-2022, 08:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Take on Taylor? Why? He shouldn’t be on the team next year.

If we do that, I will be done with this team. That would be the dumbest move we could possibly make.

(01-15-2022, 09:44 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd trust Clint Eastwood more than Baalke, Caldwell and Shaq Harris combined! None of those have ever "made my day" with their draft picks.

Regarding Neal at right tackle, I can think of worse things than having him and Little as bookends for my franchise quarterback. Neal would also be valuable in the case Little had to miss some games due to injury. That being said, I'd still go with Hutchinson. He has practically a zero chance of being a bust and would make Josh Allen and the entire defense much more effective.

I will be more furious when Robinson isn't ready to go, Etienne isn't the guy and this team is relying on the likes of Armstead to carry the offense out of the backfield. What's the harm in interviewing and getting the guy you WANT at RB in RD4 or RD5 that could potentially give you close to 1,000 yards of total offense over drafting, who?

Another Jay Tufele or Jordan Smith?
Another group of guys that just sit another year in 2022 or don't even make the team? Like Ben Bartch? Like Josiah Scott? 

No thanks. I liked Chuba Hubbard coming out of Oklahoma St. I would have gladly taken Hubbard last year over the likes of relying on Hyde and Armstead. He had a decent season in absence of McCaffrey with an offense that struggled up and down due to poor line play and poor play by Darnold. 

You think the Packers regret drafting A.J Dillon? You think Washington regrets drafting Antonio Gibson? Buffalo with Zack Moss? Again, I wouldn't leave it up to chance. Just because this team got lucky with Robinson doesn't mean it'll happen again. If you like a RB, and he's there, and the value is there. You take him. 

Especially if it's RD4 or later. Especially knowing this team's history where they just:

A. Draft guys that don't make the roster
B. Draft guys that end up sitting for a year or two and when they do start they're just "meh"

If somebody said, "Hey, this 4th RD or 5th RD pick will more than likely produce over 600+ yards of total offense this year, find the end zone a handful of times and contribute on special teams this year". You wouldn't pull the trigger?

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 10:22 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Here are my results from https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

4 rounds only

2. Evan Neal OT Alabama

27.Treylon Burks WR Arkansas

33. David Bell WR Purdue

34. Zion Johnson OG Boston College

65. Nik Bonitto EDGE Oklahoma

66. Jarrett Patterson OC Notre Dame

70. Jordan Battle S Alabama

103. Zonovan Knight RB North Carolina State

I don't know much about any of these players, but it was fun.   I tilted toward offense obviously.

Not a big fan of PFN's simulator. I mean, if it was real, sure, LOL. However, the trades that kept coming up? There's no way, Jack! Look at this [BLEEP] haul I managed!

I had so many trades I lost count!

10th - Drake London - WR - USC
35th - Jahan Dotson - WR - Penn St
62nd - Jalen Wydermyer - TE - Texas A&M
65th - John Metchie III - WR - Alabama
70th - Devonte Wyatt - DT - Georgia
75th - Chad Muma - LB - Wyoming
91st - Coby Bryant - CB - Cincinnati
103rd - Bernhard Raimann - OT - Central Michigan
156th - Charlie Kolar - TE - Iowa
196th - Tyler Badie - RB - Missouri (Hear me out Olinematters! Look him up! LOL)
198th - Nick Broeker - OT - Mississippi
199th - Dohnovan West - OG - Arizona St.
214th - Micah McFadden - LB - Indiana
221st - Bubba Bolden - S - Miami

Also, somehow managed to get Denver's 1st and 2nd RD picks in next year's draft as well as Tampa Bay's 2nd RD pick. Holy [BLEEP]!

(01-15-2022, 09:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I honestly don't think the offensive line played that BAD last year. \

I think they played pretty bad, but Trevor is already very good at avoiding pressures as evidenced by that stat in the Trevor criticism thread.

I think we can upgrade the RT position with a FA (or tagging Cam again to replace Jawaan) without needing to go crazy and use the #1 pick on it. Good enough will suffice if you have a true franchise QB, which I think Trevor has already shown he is as far as avoiding pressure/pocket manipulation/getting the ball out/etc.

We don't need elite at both tackle spots. We just can't have a Jawaan level train wreck.

(01-15-2022, 12:27 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 09:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I honestly don't think the offensive line played that BAD last year. \

I think they played pretty bad, but Trevor is already very good at avoiding pressures as evidenced by that stat in the Trevor criticism thread.

I think we can upgrade the RT position with a FA (or tagging Cam again to replace Jawaan) without needing to go crazy and use the #1 pick on it. Good enough will suffice if you have a true franchise QB, which I think Trevor has already shown he is as far as avoiding pressure/pocket manipulation/getting the ball out/etc.

We don't need elite at both tackle spots. We just can't have a Jawaan level train wreck.

I think better players with actual speed and quickness on the outside, combined with a competent coaching staff can very easily mask a lot of these concerns and issues. Lawrence should be more up to speed in year two. He knows what he needs to work on now mechanically. 

They just need to make a decision soon so the team can start to determine the philosophies they're going to approach the game with and how they're going to prepare. Especially on offense. I think there's a lot of focus on the tackle positions, when, in fact, it might be the C and G positions that are going to be the biggest areas of concern going into March. 

Norwell and Linder don't look like they'll be here soon. At least not beyond 2022. I think they're going to enter training camp with the mindset of Little, Robinson and Taylor working out the tackle positions. The third wheel then goes to the bench as a swing man/heavy TE package player or they get a starting job at G. 

They might be looking more at Ryan Jensen, Laken Tomlinson & Connor Williams in free agency in March to move on from Linder and Norwell.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 01:33 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2022, 09:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: RT is just as important as LT these days. 

Ok. SO... here's my question. I won't argue that RT is just as important as LT. However, that's not considered a premium position over DE. I agree. Again, this class is weak. It's looking more and more like the 2013 first round by the day. 

However, you would still take Neal, play him at RT? Over Hutchinson or Thibodeaux? I honestly don't think the offensive line played that BAD last year. While I'll agree, that, Taylor clearly is one of the weakest links on that unit. 

I just cannot justify passing up on a higher rated prospect to play at his natural position over a guy to come in and play at a different position of lower overall value. We also need a viable pass rusher off the edge that can consistently get after the QB or command double teams on 3rd and long situations. 

If Neal isn't going in the top 10 last year, you're willing to not only justify taking him numero uno, plus play him out of position? 

[Image: confused-perplexed.gif]

Not a single DE was taken in the top ten last year. Where do you think Hutchinson and Thibodeaux go in last year's draft? I am willing to bet Hutchinson goes to the Panthers over Jaycee Horn. I am willing to bet the Eagles select Thibodeaux over DeVonta Smith.
Just to be clear, I wouldn’t take Neal #1 overall. I’m advocating for Thibs.

However, I got a feeling that’s how it’s going to go down. And Neal has already shown he can play RT as well as LT. 

Upper already had a really good thread on where this years prospects would go in last years draft. Check it out.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 02:31 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-15-2022, 10:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 09:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we waste a draft pick on a RB, I'm gonna be furious! There are at least 15-25 really good RB's who have declared for the draft. There is no way that many are gonna get drafted. Not even close. There will be a ton of excellent players that can be had as UDFA's. Some might be stars. This RB class is so loaded.

(01-15-2022, 09:44 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd trust Clint Eastwood more than Baalke, Caldwell and Shaq Harris combined! None of those have ever "made my day" with their draft picks.

I will be more furious when Robinson isn't ready to go, Etienne isn't the guy and this team is relying on the likes of Armstead to carry the offense out of the backfield. What's the harm in interviewing and getting the guy you WANT at RB in RD4 or RD5 that could potentially give you close to 1,000 yards of total offense over drafting, who?

Another group of guys that just sit another year in 2022 or don't even make the team? Like Ben Bartch? Like Josiah Scott? 

No thanks. I liked Chuba Hubbard coming out of Oklahoma St. I would have gladly taken Hubbard last year over the likes of relying on Hyde and Armstead. He had a decent season in absence of McCaffrey with an offense that struggled up and down due to poor line play and poor play by Darnold. 

You think the Packers regret drafting A.J Dillon? You think Washington regrets drafting Antonio Gibson? Buffalo with Zack Moss? Again, I wouldn't leave it up to chance. Just because this team got lucky with Robinson doesn't mean it'll happen again. If you like a RB, and he's there, and the value is there. You take him. 

Especially if it's RD4 or later. Especially knowing this team's history where they just:

B. Draft guys that end up sitting for a year or two and when they do start they're just "meh"

If somebody said, "Hey, this 4th RD or 5th RD pick will more than likely produce over 600+ yards of total offense this year, find the end zone a handful of times and contribute on special teams this year". You wouldn't pull the trigger?

I think we could easily get a RB the equivalent of A.J. Dillon, Zack Moss or Antonio Gibson as an UDFA in this coming draft. It's loaded with talent. IMO, we need to add at least 2 WR's, 2 ILB's, 2 OLB's, a TE, an OT, a Center, an OG, a Safety and a CB. I don't think we'll get much in free agency, so I'd be relying on getting most of these guys in the draft and we have a limited amount of picks. I just don't wanna use a pick on acquiring a backup RB, when there will undoubtedly be plenty of talent at that position that will go undrafted. We found Robinson as an UDFA and this RB class is even deeper than his.

I can't. You don't draft RT's in the first round. You especially don't pass on the BAP, when you have the #1 overall pick. We MUST take one of the edge rushers. I'd be satisfied with Thibodeaux or Hutchinson.

(01-15-2022, 02:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 10:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I will be more furious when Robinson isn't ready to go, Etienne isn't the guy and this team is relying on the likes of Armstead to carry the offense out of the backfield. What's the harm in interviewing and getting the guy you WANT at RB in RD4 or RD5 that could potentially give you close to 1,000 yards of total offense over drafting, who?

I think we could easily get a RB the equivalent of A.J. Dillon, Zack Moss or Antonio Gibson as an UDFA in this coming draft. It's loaded with talent. IMO, we need to add at least 2 WR's, 2 ILB's, 2 OLB's, a TE, an OT, a Center, an OG, a Safety and a CB. I don't think we'll get much in free agency, so I'd be relying on getting most of these guys in the draft and we have a limited amount of picks. I just don't wanna use a pick on acquiring a backup RB, when there will undoubtedly be plenty of talent at that position that will go undrafted. We found Robinson as an UDFA and this RB class is even deeper than his.

I can't. You don't draft RT's in the first round. You especially don't pass on the BAP, when you have the #1 overall pick. We MUST take one of the edge rushers. I'd be satisfied with Thibodeaux or Hutchinson.

A lot of lulz in these posts

(01-15-2022, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 08:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Taylor will be on the team this year. Whether he starts, plays RT or G is up to him and his ability or lack thereof. 

RT is actually more important if you have a left handed QB.  The tackle on your blind side is still the most important as it has always been.  Both are important though, need good tackles to slow them edge rushers

Need good tackles, yeah. Don't need elite tackles though. We can till RT with something good enough without having to use the #1 pick on it.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 06:02 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2022, 02:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: RT is just as important as LT these days. 

RT is actually more important if you have a left handed QB.  The tackle on your blind side is still the most important as it has always been.  Both are important though, need good tackles to slow them edge rushers

Lawrence is right handed, so we don't need to reach for a RT. You can find good RT's in the later rounds.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 07:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-15-2022, 06:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 02:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: RT is actually more important if you have a left handed QB.  The tackle on your blind side is still the most important as it has always been.  Both are important though, need good tackles to slow them edge rushers

Lawrence is right handed, so we don't need to reach for a RT. You can find good RT's in the later rounds.
It wouldn't be a reach if he can be a great RT and it would be very nice and beneficial to give Lawrence another bookend to pair with Little

(01-15-2022, 03:28 PM)Upper Wrote: Need good tackles, yeah. Don't need elite tackles though. We can till RT with something good enough without having to use the #1 pick on it.

No but it would be great for Lawrence if we had a couple of elite tackles

My shot at a PFF draft:

1-1 Evan Neal, T, Ala
2-33  Chris Olave, WR, OSU
3-65  Trey McBride, TE, CSU
3-70  George Pickens, WR, UGA
3-76  Jarrett Patterson, C, ND
4-103  Lecitus Smith, G, VT
5-153  Marquis Hayes, G, OU
6-179  Cole Strange, G, Chattanooga
6-188  Markqueese Bell, S, FA&M
6-196  Xavier Thomas, ED, Clemson
6-197  Tyreke Smith, ED, OSU

When I try again, I'm going to try some trades with some of the 6th round picks.
Fix the O-Line!