Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What good Mock Draft simulators are out there?

Pro Football Network -  Plusses - up to 7 rounds.  Offers proposed trades. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Pro Football Focus

Only a max of 2 rounds.  You can adjust how it prioritizes things like value, need and randomness.  You can offer trades and the system decides. You are not offered trades.

https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

Any others?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My favorites are the ProfootballNetwork simulartor you mentioned, the draftnetwork has a simulator that can do a 7 round mock and the site graphically looks good, but the presentation is weird (the order is upside down) and there are no trades. You have to pay extra for it. fanspeak.com was the first one I used. No trading there, either, but the advantage there is you can use different player ranking sources/draft boards which impacts the outcome of the drafts.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I pay for Fanspeak and can make trades. Some of their rankings are questionable, but it is still fun to do and a good way to see where most players rank.

PFF expanded to 7 rounds today fwiw.

Had fun with PFF today. Since they expanded it to seven rounds. 

Traded 1 with Washington for 11, 43, 75 & a RD2 in 2023. Traded 153 with Minnesota for 155 & 182. 

Drafted:

11 - Tyler Linderbaum - C - Iowa - B-
33 - Jahan Dotson - WR - Penn State - A-
43 - Trey McBride - TE - Colorado State - A-
65 - Jalen Tolbert - WR - Southern Alabama - A-
70 - Justyn Ross - WR - Clemson - A-
75 - Marcus Jones - CB - Houston - A- 
76 - Coby Bryant - CB - Cincinnati - A-
103 - Luke Goedeke - T - Central Michigan - A- 
155 - Kennedy Brooks - RB - Oklahoma - A-
179 - Jamaree Salyer - T - Georgia - A-
182 - Mike Rose - LB - Iowa State - A-
188 - Grant Calcaterra - TE - SMU - A-
196 - Markquese Bell - S - Florida A&M - A-
197 - Haskell Garrett - DI - Ohio State - A- 

Was given an overall grade of an A. 
Trade with Washington netted an A- grade and the trade with Minnesota netted a B- grade.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 06:55 PM by Caldrac.)

Ran another one, really fast. NO TRADES.

1 - Aidan Hutchinson - DE - Michigan - C+
33 - Jahan Dotson - WR - Penn State - A-
65 - Trey McBride - TE - Colorado State - A-
70 - Khalil Shakir - WR - Boise State - A-
76 - Jalen Tolbert - WR - South Alabama - A-
103 - Luke Goedeke - T - Central Michigan - A-
153 - Brian Asamoah- LB - Alabama - A-
179 - Mike Rose - LB - Iowa State - A-
188 - Terrel Bernard - LB - Baylor - A-
196 - Eric Gray - RB - Oklahoma - A-
197 - Haskell Garrett - DT - A-

Overall Grade - B+

Really surprised that PPF grades Hutchinson as a C+ pick there No. 1 overall when the write up on him says:

Hutchinson has been playing the elite brand of football we saw against Ohio State all season, but this past weekend's showing just happened to come on the biggest stage against arguably the best tackle he's faced all year in Nicholas Petit-Frere. Hutchinson finished with 15 pressures against the Buckeyes in Week 13 and is the highest-graded defenders in the country.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

PFF gives us meh grades for all of Thibs, Aiden, and Neal.

My favorite draft I've done so far (I don't ever do trades) was Thibs 1, Olave 33, Mitchell 65, Zion Johnson 70, and Wan'Dale at 103 then I got bored. I also think it's less than 50/50 that any of the guys I got after Thibs are available at those picks.

(01-11-2022, 08:12 PM)Upper Wrote: PFF gives us meh grades for all of Thibs, Aiden, and Neal.

My favorite draft I've done so far (I don't ever do trades) was Thibs 1, Olave 33, Mitchell 65, Zion Johnson 70, and Wan'Dale at 103 then I got bored. I also think it's less than 50/50 that any of the guys I got after Thibs are available at those picks.

I've noticed that Hutchinson's ranking dropped significantly on Fanspeak. He's rated anywhere from 5-9 depending on which draft board you select. the most recent mock I did on this site looks like this: I traded 1(1) to the Jets for 1(4), 2(30 AND 2(6) AND PICK 2(1) to the Bears for picks 2(7) and 3(7). 

1(4): Thibodeaux

2(3) McBride

2(6) Wan Dale Robinson

2(7) Bernhart Raimann

3(1) Drake London

3(6) Trevor Penning

3(7) Zion Johnson

4(1) Roger McCreary

5(1) Chad Muma

I'd expect several of my picks to be long gone on draft day from where I picked them such as Thibodeaux,London, Penning, McCreary and Muma. Robinson was actually rated much higher than London on this board which I can't see happening. Regardless, I always trade the first pick because the value is more than worth it. The only player I'd be tempted to keep with the first pick is Thibodeaux, but I was somehow able to get him in this draft with 1(4). Just can't see that happening.

1-1
Kayvon Thibodeaux ED • Oregon
2-33
Treylon Burks WR • Arkansas
3-65
Trey McBride TE • Colorado State
3-70
George Pickens WR • Georgia
3-76
Logan Hall DI • Houston
4-103
Kellen Diesch T • Arizona State
5-153
Jack Jones CB • Arizona State
6-179
Ben Brown G • Mississippi
6-188
Travis Dye HB • Oregon
6-196
Kevin Austin Jr. WR • Notre Dame
6-197
Ed Ingram G • LSU

I also like first-pick.com, as it has trading without payment. However, the trades offered can be unrealistic (but still fun).

Burks at 33 is my dream but I think he is more likely to be WR1 than like the WR6 it would take to fall to us unfortunately.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2022, 11:45 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I really want Dotson at 33 if London is gone

https://twitter.com/DP_NFL/status/147370...35522?s=20

(01-14-2022, 11:17 AM)Upper Wrote: Burks at 33 is my dream but I think he is more likely to be WR1 than like the WR6 it would take to fall to us unfortunately.

I fear you are correct. I think the first 3 wr off the board will be Burks, Olave and his running mate Wilson. Prolly in the 12-20 range of the round. That leaves Dotson, Pickens and London who may all very well go before our first pick in the 2nd round as well. Who was that Kentucky kid? He looked explosive in the bowl game. Maybe 4th rounder? After those first 6 wr rankings start coming in at the late 2nd round per the Fanspeak rankings and that is Metchie at 62. Jameson Williams is also still listed in the first round.

(01-14-2022, 11:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I really want Dotson at 33 if London is gone

Dotson at 33 is pretty ideal I think.

That clip is great because I was at that game and said to my buddy "Trevor needs that".

(01-14-2022, 12:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 11:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I really want Dotson at 33 if London is gone

Dotson at 33 is pretty ideal I think.

That clip is great because I was at that game and said to my buddy "Trevor needs that".

Yeah, he's my 2nd WR behind London

(01-14-2022, 12:51 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 11:17 AM)Upper Wrote: Burks at 33 is my dream but I think he is more likely to be WR1 than like the WR6 it would take to fall to us unfortunately.

I fear you are correct. I think the first 3 wr off the board will be Burks, Olave and his running mate Wilson. Prolly in the 12-20 range of the round. That leaves Dotson, Pickens and London who may all very well go before our first pick in the 2nd round as well. Who was that Kentucky kid? He looked explosive in the bowl game. Maybe 4th rounder? After those first 6 wr rankings start coming in at the late 2nd round per the Fanspeak rankings and that is Metchie at 62. Jameson Williams is also still listed in the first round.
The Kentucky WR is Wan'dale Robinson.  He'll go higher than most of these mock drafts indicated...maybe 2nd or 3rd.  He looks on the smaller side, but really quick and explosive with the ball in his hands.  His highlights are fun to watch.  Reminds me a little of last year's Rondale Moore, who was taken in the 2nd round.

Wan'Dale is a lot like Rondale once he gets the ball in his hands, but Wan'Dale is a lot better stretching the field and he's a lot bigger. It's kind of a lazy comp since their names are similar IMO, but it's not awful.

Also, I always laugh when I think about the fact that Elmer Fudd would pronounce their names the same.

I would be happy if they walked out of this draft with at least three receivers.

Dotson, Ross & Tolbert would be ideal if they can't land any of the big name guys in RD1 due to lack of trading options. That would be my tier II group.

Dream scenario though is that they somehow figure out a way to trade down with maybe Washington. Then, they ultimately go with:

Burks, Dotson & Shakir.

The issues now are the injuries on some of these guys. Jameson Williams (ACL) & Drake London (Leg). It's going to ultimately change the way teams view the position and where they value each receiver. Also, size and speed plays a role. Dotson and Shakir are viewed mostly as slot guys/speciality type players. Whereas, Ross, Burks, London and Tolbert are your big, go up and get it type of receivers. One of them should slip.

(01-14-2022, 06:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I would be happy if they walked out of this draft with at least three receivers.

Dotson, Ross & Tolbert would be ideal if they can't land any of the big name guys in RD1 due to lack of trading options. That would be my tier II group.

Dream scenario though is that they somehow figure out a way to trade down with maybe Washington. Then, they ultimately go with:

Burks, Dotson & Shakir.

The issues now are the injuries on some of these guys. Jameson Williams (ACL) & Drake London (Leg). It's going to ultimately change the way teams view the position and where they value each receiver. Also, size and speed plays a role. Dotson and Shakir are viewed mostly as slot guys/speciality type players. Whereas, Ross, Burks, London and Tolbert are your big, go up and get it type of receivers. One of them should slip.

I absolutely love Tolbert. I think his stock is gonna skyrocket after the Senior Bowl. 

With his ACL, I think Williams is now like the 3rd or 4th WR off the board. I believe London will be the first WR gone. His injury was just a fractured ankle. Those things heal up with no after effects and you can play the next season at 100%. He was on a pace to have a monstrous season, before getting hurt. 

ACL's are a bit more serious. Williams might not be ready for the start of the season and he may only be 75-80% after he comes back. It usually takes a full season for a skills position player to return to 100%.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 02:52 AM by DTWD4∞. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-14-2022, 06:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 06:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I would be happy if they walked out of this draft with at least three receivers.

Burks, Dotson & Shakir.

I absolutely love Tolbert. I think his stock is gonna skyrocket after the Senior Bowl. 

With his ACL, I think Williams is now like the 3rd or 4th WR off the board. I believe London will be the first WR gone. His injury was just a fractured ankle. Those things heal up with no after effects and you can play the next season at 100%. He was on a pace to have a monstrous season, before getting hurt. 

ACL's are a bit more serious. Williams might not be ready for the start of the season and he may only be 75-80% after he comes back. It usually takes a full season for a skills position player to return to 100%.

So a no to Williams? Same for Metchie? As you have said, this is a deep wr class. If we re-sign chark, pick up Wr in FA, how many do/ should we target in the draft? And how high in the draft?  I see a lot of posters popping 3 WR in the draft, me included.  I think some of us get carried away with the notion of getting more weapons for Trevor when he needs a fair amount of help on the online too