Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(01-21-2022, 08:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 05:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/m...mm7104e1_w

They keep saying vaccines are the best way to keep from being infected yet we know it's not true. Their own data says it's not true. 

I've now had Delta and Omicron and I am in no category that says it makes sense to do so, plus my past reactions to vaccines that have been around for decades makes me 100% hesitant to get one that is brand new. Both times I had the virus I stayed home and away from others so no one needs to say I infected others by my careless behavior.

What method is more effective?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-21-2022, 08:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 05:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/m...mm7104e1_w

They keep saying vaccines are the best way to keep from being infected yet we know it's not true. Their own data says it's not true. 

I've now had Delta and Omicron and I am in no category that says it makes sense to do so, plus my past reactions to vaccines that have been around for decades makes me 100% hesitant to get one that is brand new. Both times I had the virus I stayed home and away from others so no one needs to say I infected others by my careless behavior.

Vaccines are far from perfect and not completely effective, but what better option to is available?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-21-2022, 10:31 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 08:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: They keep saying vaccines are the best way to keep from being infected yet we know it's not true. Their own data says it's not true. 

Vaccines are far from perfect and not completely effective, but what better option to is available?

My issue is not with the vaccine, it's with the people who keep using it and the virus as a divisive and/or political weapon to pit people against each other. I don't care if people get vaccinated, that's their personal business. I do care that a person's vaccine status is used against them. Didn't our very own president recently call those who haven't been vaxxed domestic terrorists?

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 11:45 PM by Lucky2Last.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrFKef23CoI

My spirit animal.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 11:56 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

This should be the death knell for any future vaccines or boosters. Let natural immunity reign, and stay off my lawn Biden with your [BLEEP] mandates.

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/covid-...socialflow
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-21-2022, 11:55 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: This should be the death knell for any future vaccines or boosters.  Let natural immunity reign, and stay off my lawn Biden with your [BLEEP] mandates.

Whut?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-21-2022, 11:55 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: This should be the death knell for any future vaccines or boosters.  Let natural immunity reign, and stay off my lawn Biden with your [BLEEP] mandates.

Funny that they "conveniently" forgot unvaccinated with no previous infection.

Also, the results show vaccination is better.

(01-21-2022, 10:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 10:31 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Vaccines are far from perfect and not completely effective, but what better option to is available?

My issue is not with the vaccine, it's with the people who keep using it and the virus as a divisive and/or political weapon to pit people against each other. I don't care if people get vaccinated, that's their personal business. I do care that a person's vaccine status is used against them. Didn't our very own president recently call those who haven't been vaxxed domestic terrorists?

My stance as well. Much like War. Both sides see themselves as being heroes and the opposing faction as being the enemy. In other words. Nobody really wins here because it's an ideology issue. I think it's more important to stop and ask "Cui bono?". 

Who? What? Why? How? And finally, How Much? 

Because somebody is greatly benefiting from all of this. Whether it's financial gain or a power grab (in most cases, often both), we're on here fighting with each other while somebody is making out like a bandit.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-21-2022, 11:44 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrFKef23CoI

My spirit animal.

A lot of everything she's ranting about is true. It's hard to argue with her on the majority of her points. A lot of us have personally, myself included, seen examples of this around us. My father in law had it back in August of 2020. He was hospitalized for 2 weeks with it. Then, he was eventually released and placed on oxygen around the house for about a month. 

He's Bosnian. He was scared. The nurses couldn't help much because of some of the language gaps. We're convinced had my mother-in-law (She works in the medical field here in Jacksonville, she's highly regarded) not been able to beg and plead to see him to speak with him in their native language that he would have [BLEEP] died in that hospital. 

In fairness. He's a baby boomer. He's a daily smoker/drinker (well, was up until that point) so of course his body had a tough time fighting it to begin with. They ended up discovering he had diabetes after his insulin was spiked due to the treatment they were giving him initially. 

My own father, last year in August. He ended up getting the delta variant. We "trusted the science" that Mayo was giving him to do. Followed the protocol step by step. He was progressively getting worse, his fever would not break for more than 12 hours, he could not keep anything down, he hated the taste of water, he was bed ridden for roughly 10 days. 

My mom took care of him, she never got it. We knew he was in trouble. He's old school. Doesn't show his emotions that often. He texted me and my brothers late one night and said he loved us and it was kicking his [BLEEP]. Our dad takes care of himself. For a 55 year old man he doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, he does cardio everyday, he's physically active and he can roll out of bed at 500 AM and deadlift 400 pounds and squat 315 as a warm up at 215 pounds. 

He's not a lazy, old slouch. So, we took it seriously. My wife, thankfully, we have a mutual friend that her and her family had contracted the virus just two weeks prior to my dad getting it. They were able to get their hands on Ivermectin (This was before Joe Rogan made it public and was demonized by CNN for it, btw) and they swore by it. So, I got my hands on Ivermectin via Publix for FREE.

Hauled that [BLEEP] over to my mom and within 2 days of following that protocol? My dad was sitting up, eating and keeping things down, drinking fluids and talking mad [BLEEP] about the Jaguars during the preseason games via text and telling us he told us Urban Meyer sucks and he won't win no more than four games this year. Was classic. He was back at work the following week. 

Now, I will be honest. My dad is not vaccinated. And for good reason. He has a few allergies and he's also legally blind in one of his eyes and one of those vaccines was linked to potential vision issues. So, that's off the table for him.

On the flip side. One of my coworkers who is in his 40's. He was already done with his 2nd dose last year in July. His son goes back to school in August, gets it, gives it to him, he ends up being hospitalized for two weeks on oxygen, gets out, goes on FMLA and he didn't get back to work until after Christmas. 

I also have another employee, also vaccinated. He went up to Wisconsin in July of last year. He got it. Was hospitalized. He lost feeling in his hands. He's still out. He may not come back and he has to be back by Monday. So he's been out of the office now for nearly six months due to covid. 

Okay, another example, from my own department. Another guy. Vaccinated. He got covid twice. Had it in November last year. Was out of the office for two weeks due to it. Then, he got it again right after the new year's holiday and he missed yet another 10 days of work due to it. 

So... again. Take all that however you want to take it I guess.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 08:53 AM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

My Daughter just informed me that she has COVID for the 2nd time. She works at an assistant living facility so she was required to get vaxxed when this entire thing started. Yeah, the "Vaccine" really works..... [BLEEP]!. I've said it before and I'll say it again here and now, this entire thing is all about control, get the sheeple in line so the government can take care of them....... The next variant of COVID........ Well.... It's called COMMUNISM!
[Image: review.jpg]

I'm anti-vaccine mandate, but it's not fair to say the vaccine doesn't work. If it limits severity, it's a good thing for certain groups of people. We really need to stop looking at this like it's an all or nothing option.

Recovering from my second bout. Omicold is not nearly as bad as the original which is exactly how viruses act.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-23-2022, 10:57 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'm anti-vaccine mandate, but it's not fair to say the vaccine doesn't work. If it limits severity, it's a good thing for certain groups of people. We really need to stop looking at this like it's an all or nothing option.

Yep.

(01-23-2022, 10:57 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'm anti-vaccine mandate, but it's not fair to say the vaccine doesn't work. If it limits severity, it's a good thing for certain groups of people. We really need to stop looking at this like it's an all or nothing option.
That would have been the normal thing to do. The issue was there never were any real trials to show if it actually worked or not for any age group. All trials were short term, didn't expose everyone to covid, and destroyed the control group.

All the hiding and lying shows it was planned and nothing was going to stop it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-23-2022, 02:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
That would have been the normal thing to do. The issue was there never were any real trials to show if it actually worked or not for any age group. All trials were short term, didn't expose everyone to covid, and destroyed the control group.

So you're all in on conspiracy then?

Depends on the conspiracy. Any mega-corporation with political power is going to conspire to profit. There's nothing wrong with understanding those dynamics. But who knows? Maybe he's talking about some secret cabal that wants to control world population. Can't really tell anymore.

(01-23-2022, 03:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 02:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote: That would have been the normal thing to do. The issue was there never were any real trials to show if it actually worked or not for any age group. All trials were short term, didn't expose everyone to covid, and destroyed the control group.

So you're all in on conspiracy then?
You can jump to the whole release was planned if you want. From all the different data points, it's believable that it could be true.

I was referring to the vaccine approval being planned and nothing was going to stop it, even though the data showed at best <1% benefit and actually more people dying or impacted in the vaccine vs control group.

(01-23-2022, 04:12 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 03:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So you're all in on conspiracy then?
You can jump to the whole release was planned if you want. From all the different data points, it's believable that it could be true.

I was referring to the vaccine approval being planned and nothing was going to stop it, even though the data showed at best <1% benefit and actually more people dying or impacted in the vaccine vs control group.

So what did Trump, Slaoui and Perna have to gain from the vaccine then?

Im out of quarantine... rest of family did end up catching it as well apart from my younger sibling

Everyone had different symptoms eith the most common being a bugger all throbbing headache.... chz for the advice everyone provided....

In other news we got some preety crazy protestors down our way, there was 1 bloke wearing and waving around a swatstika...preety immoral

(01-23-2022, 07:17 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Im out of quarantine... rest of family did end up catching it as well  apart from my younger sibling

Everyone had different symptoms eith the most common being a bugger all throbbing headache.... chz for the advice everyone provided....

In other news we got some preety crazy protestors down our way, there was 1 bloke wearing and waving around a swatstika...preety immoral

Glad you're doing better. 

What are the protests about? Same thing, different day?