Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Playoffs 2022

(01-24-2022, 01:23 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Leslie Frazier is a bum.

Take him off the interview list. Put Demeco Ryans atop the D-coordinator to interview list.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 05:20 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

OT Rules need to be changed for the playoffs. It's ridiculous that Buffalo didnt get a chance after regulation. Take OT back to the way it used to be, where you had to play the entire OT period. This sudden death stuff doesnt fit in the playoffs. If anything, it will be more exciting because in games like tonight the teams will score even more with a full OT period.

SF and the Rams. Again. Not fired up for this one. Chiefs or Bengals for SB Champions. Preferably the Bengals.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-23-2022, 11:35 PM)Jag88 Wrote: All four teams left are good. Anything can happen, but yes I would say chiefs and rams are the favorites.

I would like to see a superbowl match up that hasn't happened before if that's possible. I know the bangles vs 49rs would be a rematch from a long time ago. Bangles and rams has never happend. chiefs vs 49rs has never happend and chiefs vs rams has never happend. I think I'm right about all of this but lol

49ers vs Chiefs happened like 2 years ago lol

(01-23-2022, 11:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm hoping Cincy and SF in the championship games.  I know the Chiefs and Rams will be the favorites.

(01-23-2022, 11:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bro. You’re the kiss of death hahahah

Bucs and Bills!

Because I wanted the Bucs and Bills to win?  Ok lol, wanted Ciny and SF to win yesterday although I did think GB would win.  I know you want the Rams to win so you can add another Ramsey poster above your bed lol
Hahaha couldn’t care less about Ramsey. He got burnt on that 55 yard TD.

I want the Rams to win for Stafford. One of the most underrated QBs in the league for years but was stuck on the Lions. Jimmy G is garbage too so I don’t want to see him in the SB again. Bengals would be fun to watch but don’t think they’ll beat Mahomes (currently the best QB on the planet) in KC.

(01-24-2022, 08:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 11:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm hoping Cincy and SF in the championship games.  I know the Chiefs and Rams will be the favorites.

Because I wanted the Bucs and Bills to win?  Ok lol, wanted Ciny and SF to win yesterday although I did think GB would win.  I know you want the Rams to win so you can add another Ramsey poster above your bed lol
Hahaha couldn’t care less about Ramsey. He got burnt on that 55 yard TD.

I want the Rams to win for Stafford. One of the most underrated QBs in the league for years but was stuck on the Lions. Jimmy G is garbage too so I don’t want to see him in the SB again. Bengals would be fun to watch but don’t think they’ll beat Mahomes (currently the best QB on the planet) in KC.

Jimmy G isn't garbage but he isn't all that.  I'd like to see the 49ers win for Bosa, Deebo, Kittle, Williams, Warner.  Some of the best players at their positions.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 11:13 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-24-2022, 07:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 11:35 PM)Jag88 Wrote: All four teams left are good. Anything can happen, but yes I would say chiefs and rams are the favorites.

I would like to see a superbowl match up that hasn't happened before if that's possible. I know the bangles vs 49rs would be a rematch from a long time ago. Bangles and rams has never happend. chiefs vs 49rs has never happend and chiefs vs rams has never happend. I think I'm right about all of this but lol

49ers vs Chiefs happened like 2 years ago lol

Haha. Slipped my mind. I definitely dont want to see that match up. Yeah that was mahomes first super bowl win. 49rs could have won it but ole boy missed the bomb to Sanders. At least no matter who wins, none of these teams have played each other in the regular season this year which I think makes for a fresh game.

(01-23-2022, 11:07 PM)AshtonEMT Wrote: What a friggin game! I almost feel sorry for the Bills. That was easily the best game of the postseason.

It was a great game. I feel mildly bad for the Bills' players who played their hearts out but as far as their fans... couldn't have happened any better in my opinion, lololol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-24-2022, 05:17 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: OT Rules need to be changed for the playoffs.  It's ridiculous that Buffalo didnt get a chance after regulation.  Take OT back to the way it used to be, where you had to play the entire OT period.  This sudden death stuff doesnt fit in the playoffs.  If anything, it will be more exciting because in games like tonight the teams will score even more with a full OT period.

SF and the Rams.  Again.  Not fired up for this one.  Chiefs or Bengals for SB Champions.  Preferably the Bengals.

baloney.

Buffalo gave that game away by playing prevent, spongy defence. I'd much rather they played more tightly on guys and risk the breakaway TD/big gain at the end of regulation than allowing KC to simply march against air.

They had their chance to seal the deal, and didn't. And no, in the playoffs you never had to play the entire OT. The only way you play the entire OT is if the teams only match field goals on the opening drive or fail to score for the entire period.

OT should be sudden death, full stop.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 01:59 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

As much as the OT procedure should be a focal point in the tremendous weekend of the NFL Playoffs, the horrible decision of NFL Playoff expansion from 12 to 14 teams jumps out on this end.

Under the playoff format until the 2020 season, the Bucs would have had a bye last weekend if the regular season would have had the same results. Hence, Bucs RT Tristan Wirfs wouldn't have suffered an ankle injury in a game that never should have even been played. The loss of Wirfs against the LA Rams had an enormous impact on the game.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 02:05 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 5 times in total.)

(01-24-2022, 01:46 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 05:17 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: OT Rules need to be changed for the playoffs.  It's ridiculous that Buffalo didnt get a chance after regulation.  Take OT back to the way it used to be, where you had to play the entire OT period.  This sudden death stuff doesnt fit in the playoffs.  If anything, it will be more exciting because in games like tonight the teams will score even more with a full OT period.

SF and the Rams.  Again.  Not fired up for this one.  Chiefs or Bengals for SB Champions.  Preferably the Bengals.

baloney.

Buffalo gave that game away by playing prevent, spongy defence. I'd much rather they played more tightly on guys and risk the breakaway TD/big gain at the end of regulation than allowing KC to simply march against air.

They had their chance to seal the deal, and didn't. And no, in the playoffs you never had to play the entire OT. The only way you play the entire OT is if the teams only match field goals on the opening drive or fail to score for the entire period.

Gee, pro and college basketball and hockey seem to do just fine playing a full OT period. Maybe we need to change it so the NBA OT games are decided with the 1st 3 pointer. Dont want them to get too tired. I guess those big NFL guys cant occasionally play a full extra 10 min.

Your argument of the 'defense just having to get a stop' would hold water in another era, but not in this era where the defense has virtually every rule stacked against them in pursuit of more scoring.

And per the history of the NFL, sudden death OT was not implemented till 1974.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-24-2022, 02:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 01:46 PM)Mikey Wrote: baloney.

Gee, pro and college basketball and hockey seem to do just fine playing a full OT period.  Maybe we need to change it so the NBA OT games are decided with the 1st 3 pointer.  Dont want them to get too tired. I guess those big NFL guys cant occasionally play a full extra 10 min.

Your argument of the 'defense just having to get a stop' would hold water in another era, but not in this era where the defense has virtually every rule stacked against them in pursuit of more scoring.

Prior to 1974, there was no overtime in regular season games.  But they DID have sudden death overtime for playoff games - not full quarters as you have suggested.

And pro hockey?  Seriously?  Do you fact check anything before posting?

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 03:23 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

They could make it so each team gets a possession no matter what. Then the first team to score wins. I think that would be fair. You could do it to where what ever team won the toss can take it, but if both teams score, then the team who didnt take the ball first can take it first on the second possession where its sudden death.

I dont want the teams to do like college where it's a short field like a hockey or soccer shoot out. This would all be only in the playoffs

(01-24-2022, 02:58 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 02:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Gee, pro and college basketball and hockey seem to do just fine playing a full OT period.  Maybe we need to change it so the NBA OT games are decided with the 1st 3 pointer.  Dont want them to get too tired. I guess those big NFL guys cant occasionally play a full extra 10 min.

Prior to 1974, there was no overtime in regular season games.  But they DID have sudden death overtime for playoff games - not full quarters as you have suggested.

Noted! I badly missed the hockey and the sudden death for NFL playoffs pre-1974.

(01-24-2022, 04:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 02:58 PM)scottyg Wrote: Prior to 1974, there was no overtime in regular season games.  But they DID have sudden death overtime for playoff games - not full quarters as you have suggested.

Noted!  I badly missed the hockey and the sudden death for NFL playoffs pre-1974.

Sorry, that actually sounded meaner than I would have liked it to.  Thanks for not taking it personally.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 05:14 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-24-2022, 04:43 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 04:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Noted!  I badly missed the hockey and the sudden death for NFL playoffs pre-1974.

Sorry, that actually sounded meaner than I would have liked it to.  Thanks for not taking it personally.

No worries my man; it's all about discussion and educating myself and (maybe) others. And I whiffed big time on that one :-)

(01-24-2022, 02:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 01:46 PM)Mikey Wrote: baloney.

Gee, pro and college basketball and hockey seem to do just fine playing a full OT period.  Maybe we need to change it so the NBA OT games are decided with the 1st 3 pointer.  Dont want them to get too tired. I guess those big NFL guys cant occasionally play a full extra 10 min.

basketball is nothing like football. are you attempting to equate the two?

Maybe we should embrace CFB and just run 2-pt conversions until one team collapses!

The Bills could have just as easily gone for two instead of kicking the XP with 13 ticks on the clock. They rolled the dice that not only would Mahomes get their team into FG range, Butker would make the kick AND that they would lose the toss and fail to get a stop. All those things happened. It was a calculated risk, and they chose not to be more aggressive in their XP attempt, their defence to end regulation, and in OT in sealed their fate.

Kelce made a great play and that is the way a great game should end.

I know im a bit late but i hope Khan was watching the Bills-Chiefs game. Thats the bar for the AFC for the next 10 years. We look so far behind those teams in talent, scheme and execution. 

One other thing about the Divisional Weekend, for the last few years weve got to the end of the era for a lot of big name QB's. Manning, Brees, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Brady and you couldnt quite see who the next generation were going to be but Mahomes, Allen, Burrow showed they are the start of the passing of the torch. Hopefully we put Lawrence in that group the next few seasons.

(01-15-2022, 05:57 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: If only Trevor/Chark could become just like Burrow/Chase.

Bengals offense is fun to watch

Chark is nowhere near Chase. I think Chark peaked with 1008 yards and sneaked in the Pro Bowl.

Chark has potential. He just needs to stay healthy, and the jags need to bring him back. Domt take it for granted that they can find a top notch speed burner wr. If they end up not finding one or two, we are stuck watching what happened this season again next season. Ouch

Chark had 2 TDs in 3 games with Trev. I think the could build a chemistry