Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

A friend of mine that works in the Bio-Medical field, specifically with the COVID pandemic, posted this today on his FB feed.......

The only Covid related products we're manufacturing/distributing now are the Monoclonals. You know...the same ones that were heavily scrutinized and rebuked in the beginning of this. They're on the move...lol. Happy Wednesday

Just passing that on.....
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 12:40 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-26-2022, 11:58 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Ivermectin has been used by 3.9 billion people and has a safer track record than aspirin. Should you take as much as you want or administer it to your child based on the advice of the internet? No.

Regardless, any news you read that brings in unrelated, outside factors should not be taken seriously. It's either click bait or has an agenda.

Did they say in the article that Ivermectin caused the child to turn blue? I read it before I left, but can't remember now.

It's Austrailia, the new Nazi state, what did we expect?

The child turned a 'tad' blue, according to the article.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Question

Are u blokes full anti vax, like refuse to get any type of vaccine

Or r u just anti mandate?

I'm neither pro-vax or anti vax...... I believe it should be up to the person to decide what's right for them. As far as the mandates go, we don't need Government deciding for us what medical treatments we need, that should be up to the person and their Health care Professional........
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

(01-26-2022, 08:15 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Question

They're mostly anti-Covid vaccine.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm anti-mandate for the Covid vaccine. I'm also not convinced this is the best long-term policy. I reserve the right to change my mind as the data comes in. I said it would probably take me 3-5 years.

Anti mandate and Government control in general. Especially with this administration at the helm. My general fear is that when people start giving up inches to their Government they will begin taking miles instead. 

Something they have been doing now since 9/11. You have little privacy, you have little rights, you have little options. Pretty soon this powder keg is going to explode. It's already been lit. It's just needing to reach it's climatic finish already. 

Just another moment in time running it's course in the great cycle of never ending and forever enduring [BLEEP] that humanity loves to inflict, enable, allow, rebel and overpower again and again. We're at the bottom tier below. Which means... 

[Image: 1514597154612.jpg]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm anti-mandate, not anti-vax. I'm also anti-Biden demonizing the unvaccinated that have had Covid and may have equal or superior immunity to the vaxxed.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 12:32 AM by americus 2.0.)

Get the vax or don't get the vax; I don't care. My reasons for not getting it are my own and have nothing to do with politics. Anyone who makes any medical decision based on political views is an idiot. 

I am fully anti-mandate regarding vax and mask. I am also fully against Biden calling the unvaxxed "domestic terrorists."

I'm anti mandate although I haven't gotten any vaccines as an adult. I haven't needed a vaccine and flu shots have a potential for allergic reaction for me (although probably very small).

One thing no one says anything about is the anti vax people before covid are the Karens out there screaming that everyone needs the vax and double or triple masked now.

I do think we have too many vaccines now, the number is very large now for kids. It should always be a choice though and we should be provided with all the data. Companies and government should be liable and people in power should also be personally liable.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(01-26-2022, 09:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

They're mostly anti-Covid vaccine.

This!

Am sure people would lose their [BLEEP] if aliens were given a green card without mandatory vaccinations against polio, Hep B, measles, mumps etc etc

It must be nice to go through life so unaware.

Anyways, back to a discussion that's not a non-sequitur....

Since I know nobody probably looked at that report I posted a few pages ago, I figured I would take the parts I found interesting and share my thoughts. I hope you guys appreciate this post, because it's a pain in the [BLEEP] to get these images copied and pasted here from that document. I will give my opinion of the cause for change, but it's just theoretical (as are all opinions at this point). I'm not an expert, but I'm also not uninformed. I'm happy to hear alternative hypotheses about why these numbers look this way.

[Image: Screenshot-2022-01-27-065938.jpg]

It's clear from this chart that people who are recently boosted (3 boosters) were doing well against the older variants of covid but have seen a significant uptick in cases against Omicron. It's not terribly worse the recently boosted than the unvaccinated, but it is worse for those with only 2 doses. It's also clear that those who were not recently boosted were not even fairing that much better than the unvaccinated as it pertains to case rate, even with the older variants. So, any talk of reducing spread with this the vaccine seems overrated, unless you're willing to get vaccinated multiple times a year. Like I said in a previous post, you are getting a mild reduction in spread, but is it really that good? Worth mandating?

So, 2 things I will say about this. This chart is a good visual for the waning efficacy of the vaccine against the alpha and delta variants. You get good protection as long as you stay boosted. Enough that I can understand why people want to try to use it as a preventative measure. However, this brings me to point 2, and one that I posted almost a year ago about virus mutations and the vaccine. When the virus eventually mutates (and it will continue to mutate), there is a good chance that it's going to render the vaccine(s) ineffective, and it may possibly even become a detriment. So far, so good. 

Now why are those two points important? The first and most important is that vaccines don't stop the spread unless you stay constantly boosted or the virus doesn't mutate, which is the impetus for the mandates. With that off the table (since we'll have constant mutations, much like the flu), the argument surrounding mandates is exclusively about whether or not the government has a right to make policy on risk management, which absolutely opens the door for mandated diets and exercise routines. Fortunately for you fat folks out there, there's too much money to be made from treating you guys, so you'll get a pass for a while. Eat your sugar and watch your TV's. Just take your shot.

I was hoping to get to hospitalizations and death rates in this thread, but I ran out of time. Maybe this will be a source of discussion for the day, and I'll get on the other topics tonight or tomorrow. It's worth looking at.

(01-27-2022, 02:51 AM)captivating Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 09:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They're mostly anti-Covid vaccine.

This!

Am sure people would lose their [BLEEP] if aliens were given a green card without mandatory vaccinations against polio, Hep B, measles, mumps etc etc

Some of us don't get vaccines at all. Not as adults anyway. I don't get flu, shingles or pneumonia shots. I'm not anti-vax I just know what my body tolerates and what it doesn't. It doesn't tolerate vaccines. What other people do is their choice and their business when it comes to the Covid vax.

As to your second point, if Americans are required to get the vaccines you mentioned then so should anyone coming to this country, I don't care where they're from.

Anti mandate.  

I'm a 34 year old conservative who is vaxxed and boosted, believe it or not, I actually got the flu shot the same day I got my booster!  I know plenty of people like me who do exist, we just don't fit the narrative they want you to believe.

Oddly enough, I had COVID over the holidays a couple of days after I got boosted, so, I imagine I also have decent levels of natural immunity too.  I therefore likely won't be getting another booster for quite some time until we learn more about natural immunity and the "strength" of the evolution of new variants.

Anti-mandate.

Yet I also do not trust a vaccine that doesn't actually stop the sickness. That's not a vaccine. That's just a net.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 11:27 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

Me and my wife have covid. We've been working from home all week. For two years we were careful, we were not exposing ourselves needlessly, masking up, washing our hands, etc. We were especially careful since our son was born nearly two years ago. He was conceived prior to the outbreak. So, when he was born, it was a pretty interesting and unexplored territory for a lot of us being first time parents and hospitals trying to understand what to do still back in April of 2020. Neither one of us are vaccinated. However, we're not anti vax. Our son is current on all of his needs that were recommended.

We're pretty much fine. We think it was the omicron variant and I am pretty sure she got it from her coworker because they're extremely lax at her workplace about policy. Again, that's fine. I get it. However, these things happen so I didn't take it personally. Ultimately we had the chills for a night or two, no fever, a little bit of pressure behind our eyeballs, some sneezing and slight congestion. As of today we're pretty much fine. My wife said she lost her sense of taste and smell, which I didn't. My son's [BLEEP] can still be smelled a mile away when he needs to be changed. LOL. I was also crushing spicy foods the whole time and had no issues with any taste or smell.

With that said. My personal belief is that the CDC and WHO along with the Government have a done a great job screwing the [BLEEP] pooch on this one. Sorry. I don't find it odd that when the government conveniently said you could stop social distancing and stop wearing your mask after you were vaccinated last year around April/May that the cases started to climb back up and that the virus would sure enough mutate. It's common sense. People denied vaccination shedding was possible, however, there was an article nearly 10 years ago that clearly said there was data to support that it indeed can happen.

I cited my own personal experiences with it within my own family. Had two scares. Both pertaining to the patriarchs of each side of the family. It was an interesting time for all involved. We quickly came to realize, that, regardless of your views and beliefs? There's more than one way to skin a cat. There's many ways this virus impacts and effects your body. My biggest fear and concern is it being weaponized and politicized. Which is exactly what happened. I said it would take 18 months roughly two years ago. I was questioned as to why and I laid it out there.

6 months to understand the nature of it, 12 months for a vaccine to become readily available (in record time, conveniently for cash grabs and fame) and then at least another 6 months on top of that to see where the Government and Corporations could work together to [BLEEP], we the people, over.

It's not going anywhere I fear until the Government gets precisely what it wants. You can call me a crackpot or a nut job. Whatever. I don't give a [BLEEP]. Writing's been on the wall for roughly 2 decades now post 9/11. However, my belief is that they're trying to wipe out what's left of the working class and middle class, go full tilt on technocracy futures and get us living off of a UBI with an electronic document that keeps your social status and standing in check and drives your standing in society in general. China already has that going for them over there.

As climate change continues to go up, fear of low food availability will go up, threat of war will go up, resource grabbing, hoarding and fear mongering will go up. The rich want to remain on top. Those in power want to remain on top. Easiest way to do that is to come out on top with a uniformed front to keep the masses riled up and at fear. Stop leaning left. Stop leaning right. Get your [BLEEP] together and realize they're all the same wolf at the end of the day.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-27-2022, 11:09 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Me and my wife have covid. We've been working from home all week. For two years we were careful, we were not exposing ourselves needlessly, masking up, washing our hands, etc. We were especially careful since our son was born nearly two years ago. He was conceived prior to the outbreak. So, when he was born, it was a pretty interesting and unexplored territory for a lot of us being first time parents and hospitals trying to understand what to do still back in April of 2020. Neither one of us are vaccinated. However, we're not anti vax. Our son is current on all of his needs that were recommended.

We're pretty much fine. We think it was the omicron variant and I am pretty sure she got it from her coworker because they're extremely lax at her workplace about policy. Again, that's fine. I get it. However, these things happen so I didn't take it personally. Ultimately we had the chills for a night or two, no fever, a little bit of pressure behind our eyeballs, some sneezing and slight congestion. As of today we're pretty much fine. My wife said she lost her sense of taste and smell, which I didn't. My son's [BLEEP] can still be smelled a mile away when he needs to be changed. LOL. I was also crushing spicy foods the whole time and had no issues with any taste or smell.

With that said. My personal belief is that the CDC and WHO along with the Government have a done a great job screwing the [BLEEP] pooch on this one. Sorry. I don't find it odd that when the government conveniently said you could stop social distancing and stop wearing your mask after you were vaccinated last year around April/May that the cases started to climb back up and that the virus would sure enough mutate. It's common sense. People denied vaccination shedding was possible, however, there was an article nearly 10 years ago that clearly said there was data to support that it indeed can happen.

I cited my own personal experiences with it within my own family. Had two scares. Both pertaining to the patriarchs of each side of the family. It was an interesting time for all involved. We quickly came to realize, that, regardless of your views and beliefs? There's more than one way to skin a cat. There's many ways this virus impacts and effects your body. My biggest fear and concern is it being weaponized and politicized. Which is exactly what happened. I said it would take 18 months roughly two years ago. I was questioned as to why and I laid it out there.

6 months to understand the nature of it, 12 months for a vaccine to become readily available (in record time, conveniently for cash grabs and fame) and then at least another 6 months on top of that to see where the Government and Corporations could work together to [BLEEP], we the people, over.

It's not going anywhere I fear until the Government gets precisely what it wants. You can call me a crackpot or a nut job. Whatever. I don't give a [BLEEP]. Writing's been on the wall for roughly 2 decades now post 9/11. However, my belief is that they're trying to wipe out what's left of the working class and middle class, go full tilt on technocracy futures and get us living off of a UBI with an electronic document that keeps your social status and standing in check and drives your standing in society in general. China already has that going for them over there.

As climate change continues to go up, fear of low food availability will go up, threat of war will go up, resource grabbing, hoarding and fear mongering will go up. The rich want to remain on top. Those in power want to remain on top. Easiest way to do that is to come out on top with a uniformed front to keep the masses riled up and at fear. Stop leaning left. Stop leaning right. Get your [BLEEP] together and realize they're all the same wolf at the end of the day.

We gonna be long dead before the United States is compelled to learn Mandarin.

(01-26-2022, 10:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Anti mandate and Government control in general. Especially with this administration at the helm. My general fear is that when people start giving up inches to their Government they will begin taking miles instead. 

Something they have been doing now since 9/11. You have little privacy, you have little rights, you have little options. Pretty soon this powder keg is going to explode. It's already been lit. It's just needing to reach it's climatic finish already. 

Just another moment in time running it's course in the great cycle of never ending and forever enduring [BLEEP] that humanity loves to inflict, enable, allow, rebel and overpower again and again. We're at the bottom tier below. Which means... 

[Image: 1514597154612.jpg]

Love the pic. I only hope that the USA can make it as long as the Roman Empire did (1000 yrs), even in decline.

Anti mandate.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.